It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we never hear about the two other Giza pyramids?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

OmegaSynthesis
reply to post by On the level

Yes, massive resonating chambers are the most plausible explanation, resonating on a frequency, we to this day do not implement within our societies, and thanks to whom?

Because at the present time their is no science to back up the claims for its effectiveness. Nor can anyone duplicate it, or find evidence that the AE did this or even knew about.

Why don't you strive to be the person to do this (demonstrate a functional what-ja-ma-callit)?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hans

I am sure you can find your own data online, it takes too long to put in every ref, not even sure this site likes it.

Imo, that means speculation, the Great Pyramid was built over the course of centuries. It fell into disfunction when the water (found by Kunkel, Dunn, Petrie, Gigal, Myers etc) this stayed the case for 'many generations' (do you have a ref for that
) Then it was converted to a pointy pyramid around the time of Khufu. I guess any ancient visitor after this point would see a pointy pyramid and not notice that it had a reservoir on the op, which answers your other question.

As for

Here is a question for you - would you build something to hold water that is made of limestone and gypsum mortar?

It depends whats available. I might make the important channels out of more solid stone than the mass. I might have to put a lot of readily available stone onto the pile to deal with the water pressure. I might case that in a solid outer case of water tight stones and constantly maintain them. What exactly would you make a great watery structure out of?

The automatic opening and closing of the Portcullis is just mechanism based on the parts found. I am sure you have references for them. Add water and it opens and close try it. Of course there won't be anyone citing that, it was hidden in the core of a structure currently thought a tomb. Go on try it
Automatic Portcullis Opening

Will

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I feel, whatever the true uses for the pyramids, they obviously still are very enigmatic to modern man. This thread and all the other debates about the Giza pyramids makes it evident to myself that there has not been a "true" answer yet laid out once and for all, to satisfy everyone equally.

Since we are yet to create a time machine(depending on who you talk to
), even the highest academic explanations are still theories, as to why, how and especially who. This is obviously just my opinion. I do have the utmost respect for modern academia, it's just I do not agree with everything nor do I have to.

The reason mainstream academia does not bother with ancient lost civilizations or extraterrestrial influence, is because there is not one shred of evidence to even kind of lean towards those theories. I completely understand this reasoning. It is how structured paradigms are designed, to maintain a high level of authoritative influence.

Until more evidence is uncovered they have to run with what they have, good old status quo. What I'm especially not a fan of, is how mainstream academia belittles anything outside of the paradigm. It's the world we live in and there is really not anything we can do about. So in the long run it's silly to get worked up about it.

As to the use of the Great Pyramid as some sort of power plant. I think we are looking at that theory through subjective eyes, relying on our view of modern technology and good old fashioned know how. It is possible(note I did not use probable), it may have been utilized in a manner we have yet to think of. New ideas are limitless and keep growing exponentially. It is also possible the Ancient Egyptians found them left behind from a lost time. I know I know, no evidence.

Through my own research about stone vases found in and around the pyramid of Djoser in Saqqara(2,800 B.C), I have been left unsatisfied with the mainstream's explanation of how these vases were created at a time when they would of needed the lathe to produce these stone vases. The lathe was not used in Egypt until 1,300 B.C. sourceFor more detail about the stone vases check out my thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is still much to unravel about our ancient past.

edit on 10/9/2013 by mcx1942 because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

MC

I would be convinced by a pyramid that worked, thats why the Solar Premise is good when it comes to the step pyramids. I've never seen a working Cheops model so I'll wait on that one.

I agree with your comments on the mainstream's view, but I have to agree with the academics when so few of the proposals either a) work b) obey the laws of physics c) are more useful than a tomb d) don't require missing parts or e) new forms of energy (I guess u can add alien spacecraft to that list
).

Will

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

I have thought the exact same thing myself every time i see a photograph or watch a documentary on Giza.
My friend went there and i even asked him if he went in the other 2 out of curiosity.
It baffles me why there is little media attention on the other two,i can't recall ever seeing a picture or video on their interior structures.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

mcx1942
I feel, whatever the true uses for the pyramids, they obviously still are very enigmatic to modern man. This thread and all the other debates about the Giza pyramids makes it evident to myself that there has not been a "true" answer yet laid out once and for all, to satisfy everyone equally.

Because many people want it to be a magnet or target for every whacky theory there is, it's more fun - why believe the AE would follow there religion - boring - new age/aliens/Atlanteans stuff is so much more entertaining and you can make a living off selling the ideas to the believers.

The reason mainstream academia does not bother with ancient lost civilizations or extraterrestrial influence, is because there is not one shred of evidence to even kind of lean towards those theories. I completely understand this reasoning. It is how structured paradigms are designed, to maintain a high level of authoritative influence.

Yes a lack of evidence does rather limit the research possibilties!

Until more evidence is uncovered they have to run with what they have, good old status quo. What I'm especially not a fan of, is how mainstream academia belittles anything outside of the paradigm.

Not always the main reaction to fringe is to ignore it. Many academics I know have absolutely no idea about the many fringe theories that float around. Fringe heaps mountains of abuse on science and academia which returns a small fraction of what is thrown at them, academics tend to take weak evidence and disorderly thinking poorly - as they are trained to.

As to the use of the Great Pyramid as some sort of power plant. I think we are looking at that theory through subjective eyes, relying on our view of modern technology and good old fashioned know how. It is possible(note I did not use probable), it may have been utilized in a manner we have yet to think of. New ideas are limitless and keep growing exponentially. It is also possible the Ancient Egyptians found them left behind from a lost time. I know I know, no evidence.

Well said, however I would add that we do have evidence, and it points to tombs and a time of construction by the AE. Most fringe theories takes a great deal of time to try and hand wave this existing evidence which they say are used to create assumptions, then they create a whole new set of assumptions themselves - its always amusing

Through my own research about stone vases found in and around the pyramid of Djoser in Saqqara(2,800 B.C), I have been left unsatisfied with the mainstream's explanation of how these vases were created at a time when they would of needed the lathe to produce these stone vases. The lathe was not used in Egypt until 1,300 B.C.

The vases are interesting aren't they - why do you say they had to have a lathe? It is possible they did have one and no evidence of it has survived. A simple lathe is not beyond their technology by any means.

There is still much to unravel about our ancient past.

Amen!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

southbeach

I have thought the exact same thing myself every time i see a photograph or watch a documentary on Giza.
My friend went there and i even asked him if he went in the other 2 out of curiosity.
It baffles me why there is little media attention on the other two,i can't recall ever seeing a picture or video on their interior structures.

The Great pyramid is the focus of media attention, I found that most people have no idea how many pyramids there are. I've been to Egypt six times and each time went to the Giza pyramids - why because other people I was with insisted we do so instead of going to some lesser known (to them) site. When people go to Pompeii they rarely go to Herculaneum and Torre Annunziata. There are fabulous ruins around the world that are largely ignored for other less important ones for the same reason, fads, media attention and lack of information.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

will2learn

Hans

I am sure you can find your own data online, it takes too long to put in every ref, not even sure this site likes it.

The I accept your comments to be purely without merit or basis in fact - the site loves links don't kid yourself.

Imo, that means speculation, the Great Pyramid was built over the course of centuries. It fell into disfunction when the water (found by Kunkel, Dunn, Petrie, Gigal, Myers etc) this stayed the case for 'many generations' (do you have a ref for that
) Then it was converted to a pointy pyramid around the time of Khufu. I guess any ancient visitor after this point would see a pointy pyramid and not notice that it had a reservoir on the op, which answers your other question.

Or these unknown persons are making stuff up since I don't have the data and you seem to be very unwilling to provide it we'll leave it at that.

My comments were based on reality based on PRP your comments are based on new age fringe sources and not known to me except Dunn.

West field necropolis at Giza

East field Necropolis at Giza

It depends whats available. I might make the important channels out of more solid stone than the mass. I might have to put a lot of readily available stone onto the pile to deal with the water pressure. I might case that in a solid outer case of water tight stones and constantly maintain them. What exactly would you make a great watery structure out of?

Ah, yeah both those substances dissolve in water..........lol

edit on 9/10/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

The reason mainstream academia does not bother with ancient lost civilizations or extraterrestrial influence, is because there is not one shred of evidence to even kind of lean towards those theories.

That is total bunk .. both lost civilizations and extraterrestrial influence are supported by texts from around the world as well as finds like the sunken city of Dwarka India .

But I agree the problem is the system .. it cant keep up and takes far to long to accept change .

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I really don't think the amount of attention given has any real specific reason except maybe the size or appearance and maybe the fame and publicity given to the founding archaeologist(s). It could also just be politics. Egyptians are kind of greedy #s. They won't let a lot of places be researched because they are wanting to be paid for it and receive all credit for the excavation.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

What about those underwater pyramids, they don't say much about those either. This shows that at one time the oceans were not as high as they are today. I believe there were some off coast of Japan, and recently they believe they found another pyramid.
______beforeitsnews/beyond-science/2013/09/giant-underwater-pyramid-found-near-azores-island-associated-with-atlantis-portuguese-navy-investigati ng-2443658.html

Fallen Angel (fallen sons of God) AKA alien builders I think
Can't get the link to work sorry.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Kaboose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Hans

I will provide links when I feel like it, not because you insist. It takes too long to find and link to stuff that comes and goes with the waves of the web.

If you have heard of Dunn I am sure you have seen his references to the water. Likewise Cadman is working with Dunn and does a great job listing the watery references that your blinkered tomb view preclude. At least the alternative researchers include the tombs when the building is defunct.

Here's Cadmans page with plenty of evidence and references for it, funny they all use the same sources.
Cadmans Model and refs

No doubt you've seen it all before and dismissed all of the evidence based on the unworkable model, much like Dunn.

Wet tombs hmmmmmm!

Well all that post working corpse evidence is in line with all of the models that suggest the ancient Egyptians used a defunct dried up water site for the odd stiff. I mean when the mainstream gets to a certain point all other evidence is hushed up. Great research, no doubt you follow their lead.

Ah, yeah both those substances dissolve in water..........lol

There you go again, making unsubstantiated claims, granite dissolves in water interesting. You could build a new masonry technique on that (don't worry I've seen high pressure jets). As for limestone dissolving in water, it is also made by the dissolved substances in water. So what would happen exactly. Would the limestone disappear or be built up or at least have limescale added to its joints and mass.

Rather neatly the other pyramids also have conduits to the water below.

Keep ignoring the hard questions

Will

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

will2learn

Hans

I will provide links when I feel like it, not because you insist. It takes too long to find and link to stuff that comes and goes with the waves of the web.

Then do not be so foolish to think you can make claims without evidence - even on ATS you'll be asked to provide evidence - just like the real world. The fact you are not is amusing but understandable given what you are trying to promote.

If you have heard of Dunn I am sure you have seen his references to the water. Likewise Cadman is working with Dunn and does a great job listing the watery references that your blinkered tomb view preclude.

Again you state what you cannot back up - if you have no evidence your stating over and over again that you do but cannot be bothered to provide it is simply not going to fly.....

At least the alternative researchers include the tombs when the building is defunct.

Well that's nice if they would delete the non-evidence stuff at the beginning they'd be doing great stuff then.

No doubt you've seen it all before and dismissed all of the evidence based on the unworkable model, much like Dunn. Wet tombs hmmmmmm!

And how do you know it works or that the AE did so?

Well all that post working corpse evidence is in line with all of the models that suggest the ancient Egyptians used a defunct dried up water site for the odd stiff. I mean when the mainstream gets to a certain point all other evidence is hushed up. Great research, no doubt you follow their lead.

Oh my now the evil conspiracy is set up to explain the lack of evidence. Remember you have yet to provide any evidence whatsoever that the pyamid was used as a giant water pump. I don't suppose we ever will see that mysterious evidence will we?

There you go again, making unsubstantiated claims,

You started it, lol

granite dissolves in water interesting. You could build a new masonry technique on that (don't worry I've seen high pressure jets). As for limestone dissolving in water, it is also made by the dissolved substances in water. So what would happen exactly. Would the limestone disappear or be built up or at least have limescale added to its joints and mass.

So you are saying they mixed granite and limestone together with gypsum mortar - so is all the gypsum mortar been removed from the areas between the stones? Present a study which shows high pressure water erosion on the inside of the pyramid.

Rather neatly the other pyramids also have conduits to the water below.

Evidence?

Keep ignoring the hard questions

Is that your motto? I must admit you are following it to the letter

One must also wonder what source of power did the AE used to power this 'pump' and how much power would you need to bring water up from the Nile and then sent it up 400 feet?

Now that will be my last reply to this derail of the original thread. I suggest you start a separate thread for this splinter topic.

edit on 10/10/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Hans

ppl can ask for links, its up to the individual whether they post them. I notice you only link to the old and dusty links at least they are trusty. I provided Dunn and Cadman, both have los of academic refs. Maybe you ignore them like the facts.

Imo Dunn & Cadman are incorrect, but they point the way. Tomb view just shuts the crypt door on rational thought.

There's no evil conspiracy, are you trying to put words in my post. Virtually all of the refs above are from academic papers. Its just they do not fit in with WET TOMBS which means they get tagged on the bottom. I mean do you really think the Pharaoh's would want running water in their final resting place. Maybe there will be some new religious story made up to include rivers (of hades), showers and royal baths. I am sure you will enjoy it.

I won't even bother with the mortar comment.

One must also wonder what source of power did the AE used to power this 'pump' and how much power would you need to bring water up from the Nile and then sent it up 400 feet?

At least that's a good question. the answer is in the structure. One does not even need to add new parts.

Will

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Byrd

IkNOwSTuff

So removing the alien factor do you think theres even a slight/remote possibility that it could have been a power plant? do you think it was a tomb?

No to the first, yes to the second.

* there are a lot of other pyramids and they're tombs. Bodies have been found in some (or body parts.)
* there are chapels and monuments outside these pyramids indicating that they're tombs.
* there are non-tomb pyramids built in the seven major cities of early Egypt (just found out about them and have no further data.)

10 Facts that Contradict the Pyramid Tomb Tomb Theory

Regards,

SC
edit on 11/10/2013 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Hi Scott

nice article on the gaping holes in the 'Tomb Theory' of the pyramids of Egypt. I guess the proponents of the orthodoxy do not expect anyone to go through the nonsense with a fine tooth comb and point out all the glaring inconsistencies.

It would be nice to have a short summary somewhere for those in a hurry. I will be citing that link next time some one starts on about the value of the tomb view. I guess the tomb advocates have no answers.

The only point I disagreed with was the Planned view inline with Orions Belt. I think the pyramids were just placed in convenient positions based on the geology. I notice you do not cover the watery aspects that Dunn, Cadman, Gigal, Myers, Jordan, Kunkel, Wittenven, Knight & Buttler etc... have all noted in their research. Water would make a pyramid a really dumb place to put a body. Unless of course they are just intrusion burials which seems to be where the smart money is these days. It only legacy studies keeping people fixed to the idea that Cheops was built as a tomb.

Will

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

will2learn
reply to post by Scott Creighton

nice article on the gaping holes in the 'Tomb Theory' of the pyramids of Egypt. I guess the proponents of the orthodoxy do not expect anyone to go through the nonsense with a fine tooth comb and point out all the glaring inconsistencies.

Actually, they have (although I don't know if anyone's addressed the corn mummies which date to long after the pyramids and which are found in entirely different contexts.) But that's not a subject for this thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Kaboose

Fallen Angel (fallen sons of God) AKA alien builders I think
Can't get the link to work sorry.
edit on 9-10-2013 by Kaboose because: (no reason given)

Links to that site don't work because it's a well-known hoax site. Even Rense and other conspiracy boards have a "nuke on sight" policy towards Sorcha Faal's material.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It's kinda hard to tell from a blueprint. It's shown from only one perspective, which may obscure areas.

I'll look around for other pics and info
Interesting

I think the pyramids have significance.
Not many succeeded exploring them. Will have to look at that as well
There's curses if you disturb a tomb. It's really disrespectful. Yet they usually are buried with their treasures which is an important part of our history and could contain things we need to know about.

There's more tombs that have been unearthed in The Valley Of The Kings.
edit on 16-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I would look into these if you want more info on the excavation.

Some of them have been robbed as well

A great gash was made in the northern side of the pyramid during the Mamaluke era, in the 12th century AD, but the first Europeans to enter the monument were Perring and Vyse in 1837, who found a basalt sarcophagus which was shipped off to England in the Beatrice – only to meet with the disastrous fate of being lost at sea when the ship was wrecked in the Mediterranean. The pyramid was later properly excavated by Reisner and the Harvard University Expedition from 1906 to 1924.

Sixth ruler of the 4th dynasty (time line), Menkaure built himself a pyramid one-tenth the size of Khafre's. And unlike the other Great Pyramids, whose walls were made of limestone, Menkaure's pyramid was sheathed in granite on the bottom levels and in the burial chamber—a costlier, more difficult stone to work with. Menkaure died unexpectedly, and work on his pyramid complex was abandoned. Menkaure's heir, Shepseskaf, likely later completed the complex using mud brick.

CLASSIC FACT: Excavators found a sarcophagus in Menkaure's burial chamber in the 1800s and sent it to England. The ship carrying it, however, sank in the Mediterranean, taking the sarcophagus with it.

Pyramid of Mencaure

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join