It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we never hear about the two other Giza pyramids?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Regarding the OP, I often have wondered the same, everything focus's on the one pyramid and the other 2 receive very little publicity.

In addition to wondering about the other pyramids, I have always wondered what happened to the great pyramid's cap stone. I am sorry I am unable to find the source in a timely manner so have not included it, but I do recall having come across a brief history of early explorers perceptions of the pyramids and there was one brief mention I believe from around the 1700's that described all of the pyramids as complete, although that is in no way solid confirmation that it was there at the time, it presents the possibility.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Im not sure if its obvious but Im no scientist or engineer hahaha
A quick google search on "could we build the pyramids today" offers nothing but circumstantial evidence.
The excavtion of the panama canal is one example quoted of modern human engineering feats that match the pyramids, I personally dont see digging earth out of the ground as comparable to building a 300+ foot high mountain of stone with intricate chambers and halls.

Ive never thought it had anything to do with aliens or powering alien ships, Im sure it was used for a much more terrestrial purpose.
So removing the alien factor do you think theres even a slight/remote possibility that it could have been a power plant? do you think it was a tomb?

Youve shot down alot of ideas but offered none of your own, Im curious what you think

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

So removing the alien factor do you think theres even a slight/remote possibility that it could have been a power plant? do you think it was a tomb?

No to the first, yes to the second.

* there are a lot of other pyramids and they're tombs. Bodies have been found in some (or body parts.)
* there are chapels and monuments outside these pyramids indicating that they're tombs.
* there are non-tomb pyramids built in the seven major cities of early Egypt (just found out about them and have no further data.)

As a power plant? No.
* almost no room inside (the main room is smaller than my bedoom)
* other pyramids don't have the same design in the interior though some have similar designs
* they had no technology that took advantage of any type of broadcast power (if they had that kind of power, where are the factories/manufacturing plants/smelted metals (which you need to construct things with), highly pure ceramics, etc? This technology doesn't just suddenly show up -- it develops and there are things that are needed to support it.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
In regards to the topic, I too have found it fascinating that so much of the entire Band Of Peace is relatively forgotten about to the main stream masses.

To me, every pyramid along the Band Of Peace is amazing. Here is a youtube search for the Pyramid Code: www.youtube.com... They discuss in detail the pyramids and possible theories for their uses in the past.

The Sphinx enclosure has amazed me as well, that is rarely discussed it seems too. Dr. Robert Schoch along with John Anthony West have made some compelling arguments to push back the dating of the sphinx. Schoch's site: www.robertschoch.com...

I truly believe that we have the dating of our ancient past incorrect.

Was there Alien intervention? I do not believe so.

Was there influence from a lost civilization? I feel this is probable.

I still need more information before I truly can say one way or another and I do not believe there is enough time in one life to fully answer these conundrums. Thought provoking thread Op. S&F.

edit on 10/8/2013 by mcx1942 because: typo

edit on 10/8/2013 by mcx1942 because: add map

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Fair play. Now... tell me. What's your take on the pyramids and their use?

Just interested, you seem like you know what you're talking about when it comes to them.

PS. Please don't take my icon as a true representation of what the pyramids were used for. It's a fake picture. /sarcasm
edit on 8-10-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

mcx1942

I agree with most that you've said.

So, I heard in a TV documentary once that the Ancient Egyptian's own records showed a straight lineage of Pharaohs going back more than 10,000 years. If this is true, then is this "fact" completly ignored (as folktale perhaps) by todays archaeologists.

Also, is it easier to excavate in Egypt now that Zahi Hawass is gone (thanks goodness)? Perhaps the rebels there are making it hard to get excavations going?
edit on 8-10-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

MrConspiracy

Just interested, you seem like you know what you're talking about when it comes to them.

PS. Please don't take my icon as a true representation of what the pyramids were used for. It's a fake picture. /sarcasm

Byrd
No to the first, yes to the second.

A agree with Byrd, I don't think the Pyramids are powerplants. I believe they were used for religious purposes, and some of them as tombs(Mastaba's). The intiate is taken to the tomb where he/she ritually dies/are rebord, then guided by priests through the underworld where he/she must task many difficulties. In fact, modern secret societies like the Freemasons have quite similar rituals for initiates. This ritual also symbolically mirrors the Ra's (the Sun) journey through the underworld (night/day=death/rebirth). I think it's the late American conspiracy theorist Milton William "Bill" Cooper (May 6, 1943 – November 5, 2001) that goes into these connections between Ancient Egypt and modern Mason rituals in his radio show; worth a listen, believe me.

-MM

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Pixiefyre
In addition to wondering about the other pyramids, I have always wondered what happened to the great pyramid's cap stone.

Me too, they did find a cap stone in Egypt that some researchers believed is the original one.

Also, I'm sure that you've read you can get the speed of light, PI, and other scientific numbers by doing simple math with the measurements of the Great pyramid; but only if you convert it to meters. So here comes the weird bit that includes the cap stone; archaeologist have calculated that the side of the cap stone is 1 METER. So weird since the meter is not mentioned any earlier than 1668.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

MrConspiracy

The Pyramids were power plants!

I don't know how the geometric ones fall into this theory, but the majority of pyramids were stepped structures supporting shrines to the various sun gods, Jordan shows how each of these shrines can collect and store up to 100Kw of useful energy a day. Under the Ancient Solar Premise a step pyramid with 100 or so sanctuaries can deliver 2 Megawatts of energy for the agricultural industry and other food processes.

Its simple enough, sunlight hits the dark stones housed within the sanctuaries and warms them. The doors to the sanctuaries reflect even more light onto the stone, heating them further, The doors are closed when the sun goes down, storing the heat. This is done for a few days to initiate the sanctuary, then it is used each day drying food, pasteurizing water/milk and cooking stuff, Only the daily solar energy is used in the process.

A summary is here The Solar Premise
I don't know about all those super tech ideas or unknown mechanics, none of them work. This solar idea does work, you can test it for yourself. It also applies to the Ark of the Covenant.

The Great Pyramid has something to do with water flowing through it, not sure what, but the way the Portcullis next to the King's chamber opens and closes automatically is really neat.

Will

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

MerkabaMeditation

mcx1942

I agree with most that you've said.

So, I heard in a TV documentary once that the Ancient Egyptian's own records showed a straight lineage of Pharaohs going back more than 10,000 years. If this is true, then is this "fact" completly ignored (as folktale perhaps) by todays archaeologists.

'TV documentary' Really? Actually no it doesn't might want to research that yourself the first 'pharaoh' that we know of was Narmer and he was around in circa 3150 BC, there were some earlier kings of upper and lower Egypt too but they only go back to circa 3250 BC

Also, is it easier to excavate in Egypt now that Zahi Hawass is gone (thanks goodness)? Perhaps the rebels there are making it hard to get excavations going?

Actually at present it is harder and more danagerous due to political disruption. The same rules for doing a dig and research in Egypt are the same as they were under Hawass as they are now. (AFAIK)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
My favorite pyramid is Menkaure mainly because I was able to enter it and spend several hours roaming around atop. Its the most interesting and had an intact Sacrophagus in it - it also seemed to say - my father and grandfather had big egos but not me....

Khafre's has its points too

What the Giza pyramids overshadow are the extensive mastabas, step pyramids and true pyramids of the earlier dynasties and the satellites that cover the plateau. The necropolis is of great interest all by itself.

Why is Khufu's given so much more attention? Biggest and most 'mysterious', it is also the darling of nearly every fringe theorist in the world. I've seen scores and scores of ideas about it but in the end the evidence points to what the ancients always said it was, a tomb.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply to post by will2learn

Came back with a new name eh?

edit on 8/10/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/10/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hans

'TV documentary' Really? Actually no it doesn't might want to research that yourself the first 'pharaoh' that we know of was Narmer and he was around in circa 3150 BC, there were some earlier kings of upper and lower Egypt too but they only go back to circa 3250 BC

so would you agree that the Great pyramid could have been built over a longer period than the absurd 20 years? Most pyramids were built in stages, the big ones at least. In Cambodia its obvious from the development from adobe to worked stone. By your comment above that allows for about a 1000 years. I suspect the conversion to tomb or cenotaph only took 20 years. The final stage above the 103 level used smaller blocks so presumably this was a big break point.

Will

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

will2learn

Hans

So would you agree that the Great pyramid could have been built over a longer period than the absurd 20 years? Most pyramids were built in stages, the big ones at least. In Cambodia its obvious from the development from adobe to worked stone. By your comment above that allows for about a 1000 years. I suspect the conversion to tomb or cenotaph only took 20 years. The final stage above the 103 level used smaller blocks so presumably this was a big break point.

Howdy Will

I suspect they were built during the time of the lifes of Pharaohs they were designed for - twenty is possible or a bit more. The AE built pyramids in one go (exception: Djoser's which they experimented with and added too during construction), unlike the meso-Americans who built them in layer as each new ruler added to the previous construction. Built from the get go as tombs, although there may have been an earlier mastaba in place - but that we don't know. The stones get smaller as they go up - no sign of a lenghty break.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Hans

I suspect they were built during the time of the lifes of Pharaohs they were designed for - twenty is possible or a bit more. The AE built pyramids in one go (exception: Djoser's which they experimented with and added too during construction), unlike the meso-Americans who built them in layer as each new ruler added to the previous construction. Built from the get go as tombs, although there may have been an earlier mastaba in place - but that we don't know. The stones get smaller as they go up - no sign of a lenghty break.

There is a change in the average size of stone blocks above the height of the King's Chamber air shafts relative to the first 100 couses. Don't know why ppl go on about the precision when the blocks vary so much.

Glad you think there is the possibility of a mastaba stage, sad you think they were built specifically for tombs. If they were built for tombs a twenty year timeframe is needed, but if not the mass could be lifted at a more realistic rate. Do you think the wall that surrounds Cheops was built before the possible Mastaba or during the construction of the pyramid?

If these structures were (tombs which I think they eventually were), why the water runoff conduits in the perimeter wall? Likewise why the presence of water beneath and strangely according to the mainstream a great number of bodies were found in dried up canals?

BTW have you seen the model for opening and closing the Portcullis automatically?

Will

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

will2learn

There is a change in the average size of stone blocks above the height of the King's Chamber air shafts relative to the first 100 couses. Don't know why ppl go on about the precision when the blocks vary so much.

The height of the courses changed a great deal becoming larger and smaller, with a general decreas in size from the bottom

Pyramid courses

Glad you think there is the possibility of a mastaba stage, sad you think they were built specifically for tombs.

A mastaba or other structure - for the subterranean part but that is just an opinion. Sad that ignore the evidence for tombs

If they were built for tombs a twenty year timeframe is needed, but if not the mass could be lifted at a more realistic rate. Do you think the wall that surrounds Cheops was built before the possible Mastaba or during the construction of the pyramid?

No idea - do you think they were used as solar cooking stations?

If these structures were (tombs which I think they eventually were), why the water runoff conduits in the perimeter wall? Likewise why the presence of water beneath and strangely according to the mainstream a great number of bodies were found in dried up canals?

Bodies in dried canals? Cite or context please

BTW have you seen the model for opening and closing the Portcullis automatically?

Will

No, do you mean the ropes or some other new idea?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Hans

No I don't think it was a solar cooker

Bodies in dried canals? Cite or context please

Antoine Gigal has been mapping the canals around Giza for years. She has also been linking them to the source which appears to be the enclosure wall. Its quite an extensive network. There is also the matter of the 'well shaft' and other symbolic canals recently found within the other pyramids.

No, do you mean the ropes or some other new idea?

It seems the Portcullis will open and close automatically due to buoyancy IF the water level rises and falls. The ropes just need to be tied in a particular way. Of course if you do not think water was involved in the structure its a non-starter.
Automatic Portcullis of Cheops

Will

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

will2learn

Antoine Gigal has been mapping the canals around Giza for years. She has also been linking them to the source which appears to be the enclosure wall. Its quite an extensive network. There is also the matter of the 'well shaft' and other symbolic canals recently found within the other pyramids.

No cite? I found thewebsite and it is extensive can you point to where the information you are referring to comes from?

It seems the Portcullis will open and close automatically due to buoyancy IF the water level rises and falls. The ropes just need to be tied in a particular way. Of course if you do not think water was involved in the structure its a non-starter.

Will

How do you feel water was involved in the pyramid?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Hanslune

will2learn

No cite? I found thewebsite and it is extensive can you point to where the information you are referring to comes from?

Will

How do you feel water was involved in the pyramid?

Howdy Hans

have you never read of Kunkel's lock? Ms Gigal is just extending the idea and finding actual ancient ports as well as canals that service them all around Giza. Likewise Steven Myers is suggesting the lifting of the great mass of Cheops was performed with locks. Is there a serious researcher who has studied the site recently and not noted the presence of water, in great volumes by all accounts. Even Knight & Butler found water, so did Dunn, so did Cadman, sadly apart from Cadman none have any serious science after the evidence of water, tho Kunkel's model looks interesting.

Now the question you should ask is, 'Are all of these guys and gals deluded or did they really bury bodies in wet tombs?'
You might come to a similar conclusion to me that the site was turned into a necropolis once the water dried up.

As for the way water was used on the pyramid, it is not unheard of for flat top pyramids to have water on their summit. Akapana and Angkor Wat are said to have had water reservoirs. Now that would make them rather odd burial chambers. I can imagine the would be corpse asking if they were seriously to be buried under a puddle.

I am sure you are aware of the Pyramid Texts, unless you think they were complete rubbish or religious fodder, there are plenty of refs that do not sit well with the current paradigm, well unless they are translated as fantasy. The idea of transporting a Pharaohs body to the top would be a fine balancing act if the capstone was in place. I guess no more difficult than sending his seed up an 'air shaft'

You did not comment on the Automatic Portcullis, curious mechanism if you ask me. Of course no water it slams shut, which would make a really nice tomb

Will

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Yes, massive resonating chambers are the most plausible explanation, resonating on a frequency, we to this day do not implement within our societies, and thanks to whom?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

will2learn

Howdy Hans

have you never read of Kunkel's lock? Ms Gigal is just extending the idea and finding actual ancient ports as well as canals that service them all around Giza. Likewise Steven Myers is suggesting the lifting of the great mass of Cheops was performed with locks. Is there a serious researcher who has studied the site recently and not noted the presence of water, in great volumes by all accounts. Even Knight & Butler found water, so did Dunn, so did Cadman, sadly apart from Cadman none have any serious science after the evidence of water, tho Kunkel's model looks interesting.

Now the question you should ask is, 'Are all of these guys and gals deluded or did they really bury bodies in wet tombs?'

Don't know haven't seen their data, do you have it?

You might come to a similar conclusion to me that the site was turned into a necropolis once the water dried up

Except that the necropolis existed for many generations before the pyramids were built there.

As for the way water was used on the pyramid, it is not unheard of for flat top pyramids to have water on their summit. Akapana and Angkor Wat are said to have had water reservoirs. Now that would make them rather odd burial chambers. I can imagine the would be corpse asking if they were seriously to be buried under a puddle.

Nice speculation without evidence, odd that ancient visitors did not note this - why do you think that was?

Here is a question for you - would you build something to hold water that is made of limestone and gypsum mortar?

I am sure you are aware of the Pyramid Texts, unless you think they were complete rubbish or religious fodder, there are plenty of refs that do not sit well with the current paradigm, well unless they are translated as fantasy. The idea of transporting a Pharaohs body to the top would be a fine balancing act if the capstone was in place. I guess no more difficult than sending his seed up an 'air shaft'

They sit just fine if you take them as religious dogma and magic words. You should look up a guy on the internet with the username Cladking he thinks (or thought) that the AE used cold water C02 geyser to lift rocks......

You did not comment on the Automatic Portcullis, curious mechanism if you ask me. Of course no water it slams shut, which would make a really nice tomb

Why should I? You simply made a statement without evidence, which you continue to do repeatedly. Your personal opinion is nice but has no value in evaluating a claim.

The next time you make a claim please supply evidence or cites and a link. Also we appear to be going off topic, you might want to consider starting your own thread for your conjectures.

edit on 9/10/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join