It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More News For "Thor 2: The Dark World"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Just posting this to update the Thor thread until November 8 (come on, come on, may time fast-forward till then...) It was supposed to be posted in one of my two precedent Thor threads, but it was a pretty long post, so here I am, writing a third Thor thread...

First, two new trailers, a bit similar except that the first one explains a bit more of what is happening:

while the second trailer explores Jane's feelings towards Thor & Loki about the events of "The Avengers":

Now, is that me, or when we compare the first trailer with the original trailer I showed you guys about two months ago, they seem to have modified a bit some parts? The most obvious is the jail sequence/Thor asking for Loki's help. In the original, Loki's jail was white, and he looked like a rock star, and he was sitting throughout the entire conversation with Thor. In this one, the jail is yellowish, Thor and Loki talks standing face to face through the jail's magical wall, and Loki now looks like his usual Asgard Prince-ish way.
I thought at first it was two different scenes, but then they said exactly the same things that they said in the original scene.

Perhaps the directors realised that it didn't made sense that Loki had long unkept hair, as if he passed along time in his jail without being able to cut his hair, but he didn't had any beard, and they had to modify the scene...

SPOILERS ALERT

Then;
Remember when news leaked out during this San Diego Comic-Con that a video was shown to the fans, featuring Loki cutting Thor's hand off?
Well, a fan released the video in Tumblr, which in turn got released by Youtube (unluckily, the video is made by someone who filmed the cinema-TV, so it's in a bad quality, but you can still see what's going on), and I added it in, in case anyone is curious:

Unluckily, I still didn't found the other clip they all talked about during Comic-Con, which was Odin meeting for the first time Jane, and the latter demonstrating unusual powers for a humans.

For my part, I'm really excited for Thor 2 to come out (that, and The Hobbit 2, and X-Men 5, and Guardians of the Galaxy, and... well, whatever comes next and seems promising).
It really looks great, way better than the first one; and I sincerely hope it's longer. It technically should be, for I don't think they can squeeze everything we see in the trailer in 1h45.
It really seems promising, I'm excited what else they got in store for us after "The Avengers", I'm excited to see how Thor/Loki relationship will turn out (especially with the cutting hand part, while the directors/actors told us that the idea of redemption will be put forward in this movie);
and, I can't wait for the 8th November!!

So that's it for now, if there's anything else, I'll see if this time I can post it in here instead of making a new thread each time.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Nope, I was wrong about the jail sequence. The one we saw in the original trailer is really the real jail sequence.
Marvel released a 52-seconds clip from Thor 2 ( screencrush.com... ), and it's the one where Thor goes to the imprisoned Loki for help, and it matches what we saw in the original trailer.

Plus, when you look in the new trailer, it's not even to Thor that Loki says: "When do we start?" (the clue phrase of the jail sequence). The guy he's talking to is completely covered in silver-ish metal, unlike what Thor wears.

Perplexing. I never heard of a movie using twice the same line... both in a jail and jail-like environment...
edit on 5-10-2013 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Got the Youtube video of the 50 seconds jail clip:

And two new TV spots:

Got only about 3 weeks remaining before it gets out in theatre. Come on, come on, come on...
edit on 10-10-2013 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Okay, now the following is a featurette they released:

Now, I'm gonna do a slight spoiler here, but I don't think that Loki really meant to cut Thor's hand. After all, now we can see that Malekith is watching; it suggest more that Loki pretended to attack Thor, so that Malekith can trust him, and both brothers can have a better chance of catching the villain, with Loki being the double-agent.

Can't wait!! Looks really fun!!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yes, more TV spots and clips. But each reveals new seconds of goodness. Like a candy surprise bag: you'll get 75% of the same thing, but 25 % will be different and good.

First, both new TV spots:

I like the "Are you showing off?" "Possibly".

And, both new clips (one was released as a youtube video, the other one is in the link);

First is Thor and the Three Warriors:

While the second is Malekith awakening:

screencrush.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

I loved the first "Thor" movie and probably watch it a few times a month if not more.

I hope there is a nice shirtless scene of Thor again, that was just very pleasant

I look forward to the Thor/Jane storyline.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Should be; there's one in this trailer, at 0:34-0:36:

You're welcome.

I loved so much Thor and The Avengers, that the two DVDs ended up scratched by too much out of the sleeve, in the sleeve, out the sleeve, in the sleeve... and now I have no choice but to look at it online....

I just hope the second is as good as the trailers, TV spots, and clips lets you hope for. Only about 2 weeks left for theatre release.

edit on 17-10-2013 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Two more clips (the second is in the link)

Link #2:

movies.cosmicbooknews.com...

edit on 22-10-2013 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Movie looks amazing

top topics

join