It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father disowns daughter in epic letter when she kicks out her gay son

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well isn't that something?

I always wondered when the turning point would be. It seems like we are there. Even the older generations, people in their 70's are starting to realize that people are just people, and sexual orientation isn't anything to hate anybody for.

“Dear Christine,” he wrote. “I’m disappointed in you as a daughter. You’re correct that we have a ‘shame in the family,’ but mistaken about what it is. Kicking Chad out of your home simply because he told you he was gay is the real ‘abomination’ here.”

“He was born this way and didn’t choose it more than he being left-handed,” he wrote. “You, however, have made a choice of being hurtful, narrow-minded and backward. So while we are in the business of disowning children, I think I’ll take this moment to say goodbye to you. I now have a fabulous (as the gay [sic] put it) grandson to raise…”

“If you find your heart, give us a call,” he concluded.

Source

You can read the rest of the letter after the jump.

Kudos to this grand father. Sorry his daughter turned out to be such an ignoramus.

~Tenth

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
she did right thing.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I read about this yesterday and this old man really gives it to her!

I have learned that, as a father, there are many things that I really dislike about some of the choices they make and what they do......but I love em anyway and would never shun them for something as stupid as that.

Its sad that compassion, understanding and common sense are rare these days.

Thanks for the thread.

SS

+59 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
She sure did do the right thing; now her son will grow up with his more level headed grandparents, and have a better life...with hope.

Good riddance to rubbish (the daughter).
edit on 3-10-2013 by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
im not sure how id feel about one of my children coming home and telling me they were gay but i hope and pray that dosnt happen im against it 100 percent but it might change if that were to happen i couldnt see disowning my child

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Are you being serious??? If so I would luv to hear you justify that statement with some valid reasoning in how that mother did the right thing.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Not sure how I'd feel about a private letter to a family member, about private family issues, being made worldwide public by an advocacy group.

Think I'd pretty much hate it.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

"Father always knows best."

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I bet the Daughter comes crawling back like a cockroach when she realizes that she has been disinherited, assuming she has of course.

P

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't care if any of my children told me they were gay. I just want them to be at peace with themselves and enjoy this sometimes miserable life to the max. Here today gone tomorrow, why waste time fighting over trivial things?

Peace
edit on 3-10-2013 by jam321 because: oops

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It is no secret on here how I feel about homosexuality. My mother in law(who is insanely liberal minded) asked me one time what I would if my son told me he was gay. My response was this:

I would have a talk with him and make sure he knows where his Mother and I stand on the topic as well as God's position. Yes God is very clear on his stance of homosexuality despite all of the perverting of the Bible that some homosexuals on here try and do. I would reiterate how much I Love him and he is always welcome in my home however he would not bring that into our home. What he does in the privacy of his own home when he does move out is his business but he will not bring it into our home. OUR HOME, OUR RULES.
With that said I don't see that happening though. He is being raised in a Loving Christian home with both parents who show each other Love every single day. He does not ever have to wonder if his parents Love each other and does not have to wonder if we Love him. He is not bombarded constantly by sexual crap on TV as we rarely watch TV and if we do it is very family friendly programming. He is not bombarded by the perverse entertainment industry at all as we monitor very closely what he watches. Everytime you turn on the idiot box or put a movie in the gay agenda is shoved down our dang throats. So we rarely watch tv and are very selective on our movies. We also are very careful of those he surrounds himself with. (You are who you associate with),,, lie with dogs and come up with fleas.
Now, LET THE CHRISTIAN BASHING BEGIN.......

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyLurker

I know these are sensitive issues, so I am going to preface this by saying that I am in no way trying to be smart, or sass you -- but my question is: If you can conceive of changing your views to accommodate a child of yours, why are you so opposed to behavior in lives that touch yours in no personal way?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Something doesn't feel right. There's got to be more to the story, but I doubt we'd hear it from the link you provided. It's on the other end of the extreme range which is equally as ignorant as the other extreme range.

Anyways, if the story is truly as cut and dry as some mother being homophobic and kicking her juvenile son out of her home, she deserves being disowned.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The grandfather is a hypocrite.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

That's a good point. It's a bit amazing what the media will report when they can get their hands on a PC story like this.

I agree, I wouldn't want my personal business flaunted all over the internet. Maybe that will help show that mother how backwards her mentality is though. A little humiliation goes a long way sometimes to get somebody out of a backwards mentality.

~Tenth

reply to post by Christian Voice

No need to bash, but your comments are similar to those I use to hear people make when inter-racial issues starting popping up during the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Times change and so do the attitudes of the people who live in society. Even your own pope thinks it's time to hang up the homosexual hate.

~Tenth

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Christian bashing, no I think not.

It is obvious that you have no real concept of what the issue is. It seems that you have closed your mind to the possibilities. Just to let you know, the bible with all it's hate and bigotry was written by men. Men with agendas. Many of whom were control freaks. Moses is told to kill everyone except the virgins. He can take them home as slaves. how lovely for him.

P

+32 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

God? God is clear on homosexuals?

Isn't he just as clear on wearing items of differing material?
Or women speaking in church?
Or..?

Oh btw, one last question.. Which words exactly are it that "God said"?

I was under the impression that God's typewriter has been on the fritz for eternity and he required men to write it down in books later edited and omitted by other men, all of which whom had faults..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

pheonix358

Christian bashing, no I think not.

It is obvious that you have no real concept of what the issue is. It seems that you have closed your mind to the possibilities. Just to let you know, the bible with all it's hate and bigotry was written by men. Men with agendas. Many of whom were control freaks. Moses is told to kill everyone except the virgins. He can take them home as slaves. how lovely for him.

P

the bible tells Christians SO much.. They KNOW it all.

except for the proper way to pronounce their leader's name.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

I will tackle this one. First we do not know the entire context of why the boy was kicked out. The grandfather may have a chip on his shoulder about the boy being gay. I'll explain, a guy I went to school was a friend on mine on Facebook. One day he was writing praises to his Lord Nobama and I voiced my opinion. It was about nothing even remotely having to do with homosexual topics but because I questioned him he said out publicly on my wall that I hated Nobama because he was pro homosexual. I was like dang dude, where did that come from ? He blocked me after that.
Anyways, she may have kicked him out based solely on his sexual preferences, but I somehow doubt it. They probably argued and she said he could not have his "boyfriend" in her home so the boy left home. It could have been totally unrelated to his sexuality and the grandfather spoke out of his butt.
Her son could have been 20 and a deadbeat and mama finally put her foot down. Mama's house, Mama's rules.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join