It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father disowns daughter in epic letter when she kicks out her gay son

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Young Gay males have many difficulties and hazards. Being disowned and kicked out of home has to be something that hurts deep.

Does the mother have no worries about a potential downward spiral,? in this day young gay males are preyed upon by perverts and gay bashers alike.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

Why put it out there for everyone to see?

For the same reasons we drag nationalists and racists out of TV and laugh them off stage.

The same reason we vilify people who choose to label and then hate based on labels they don't agree with.

This is a person who decided to cut ties with her son, entirely, because of his sexual orientation. I see no reason why her father can't do the same in regards to her intolerant bigotry. Yes, choosing to NOT do business or have relations with somebody, based on something like sexual orientation, is bigotry, pure and simple.

I believe that no one should tell anyone else what they should think

I reserve the right to tell murderers they are wrong. I reserve the right to tell liars and cheaters that they are wrong.

Why are we expected to sit idly by while people with beliefs that are literally destructive to them and the people in their lives simply because it's what 'they believe' is right?

Should we stop telling violent Muslims to stop killing people?

I understand where you are coming from and if it wasn't for the fact that she chooses her religious/personal beliefs, over the health of her son maybe I'd agree with you. The father who is showing solidarity with his grand son, in the face of the hardest thing he's ever had to go through will probably do wonders for him in the short term.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Hey Westboro, It aint that fleeting .......Psalms139-16 says. " You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breath. Everyday was recorded in you book" Now, westboro, that's what the bible say's are Gods words. Gods plan. God's responsability. But yet again the book of lies.....is lieing. According to you. I might be an atheist, but how do you think I got that way......It is Gods plan for me.
edit on 3-10-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

brandiwine14
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yes because a father disowning a daughter for disowning a son is a good thing.

I didn't think about that.

I could never kick one of my children out though.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alienmma

I do not think so. Read a Bible a bit closer. I am a Christian and He says that Christians are the salt of the Earth. It is our duty to tell others about God and his word. There is much more to God than Love. He commands us to Love our neighbors, not like them or accept their sins. He is very clear about it being a sin as well. I can Love you and despise your sin. If your child robs a bank and murders a teller, do you stop loving him ? No!!! But hopefully you despise what he did. Do not stand there as a Godless heathan and preach to me about things that you clearly do not know about.
That woman kicking her son out of the house is none of our business, that letter certainly is none of our business and again none of us knows the full story, you all are making a knee jerk reaction to a dang letter on the internet all because of the agenda that you insist on pushing.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't relish hate, intolerance, or bashing.

And so, the owners and moderators have my support in what they deem is acceptable and unacceptable in posts at ATS.

There are plenty of Christian boards that allow the demonization and discussion of what an abomination certain groups in society are. I'm too understand, gay people are not the only group you all hate.

CdT

link   

bigfatfurrytexan
as the proud dad of a gay son....i love this story so much.

Mine is in college, so he doesn't live with me. But I paid his rent yesterday morning. I love him for who he is, not what he is.

I don't think there is any greater love than the love we have for our children.

link   

Christian Voice

I do not think so. Read a Bible a bit closer. I am a Christian and He says that Christians are the salt of the Earth. It is our duty to tell others about God and his word. There is much more to God than Love. He commands us to Love our neighbors, not like them or accept their sins. He is very clear about it being a sin as well. I can Love you and despise your sin. If your child robs a bank and murders a teller, do you stop loving him ? No!!! But hopefully you despise what he did. Do not stand there as a Godless heathan and preach to me about things that you clearly do not know about.
That woman kicking her son out of the house is none of our business, that letter certainly is none of our business and again none of us knows the full story, you all are making a knee jerk reaction to a dang letter on the internet all because of the agenda that you insist on pushing.

Who are you to call me to a "Godless heathen"?

I'm so sorry that you put 100% credibility and belief into a book that was written by man

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I'm not a member of Westboro so I'd appreciate a little respect on here. In Psalms those are songs of praise written by David. The book of psalms is not God's wording, David wrote the Psalms simply to sing praise to God. God Himself says in the Old Testament and New Testament that homosexuality is wrong. Jesus sets the standard for the marital relationship by defining it as between man and woman and then says sex outside of marriage is wrong so he speaks against it as well.
Hit me with another one.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Men who's hands were moved by God. The Bible is the inspired infalable word of God. Don't believe if you don't want to, but I do so why does that offend you so much ? Because I said that I raise my son in a Christian home ? None of your damn business. You feel free to raise yours however you want but don't be surprised at how he or she turns out.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

According to the lil christian soldier, we are all Godless Heathens. They will argue fantasy all day long. And when you hit them with facts ( as in the very words the bible says) they turn to name calling and out right ignoring you. Hard to argue fantasy. The mom is this op is a grown woman, the dad ( grandfather) also grown man. The kid, is a kid. Dad gave daughter and option, I did not read where she offered the same to her son.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The Bible is the inspired infalable word of God.

So was Jay Z's, Eminem and Beyonce's last albums.

They thank God every chance they get for their success.

I suppose God supports all the stuff they talk about too right? Since inspiration is good enough...

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Because you are so unbelievably self-righteous and it's sickening. Being raised in a "good Christian home" doesn't mean anything. Being Christian doesn't automatically make you a perfect human.

link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I agree with you but a lot of the people on this site especially as with the rest of the world seems to have this new warm fuzzy no discipline idea of parenthood. My God, yesterday I argued with people on here that said a 6 yr old child should be permitted to gender reassign themselves. People said it is good to engourage sexual expression in children. These are the same people on here tonight.
Again we do not know the context of any of this outside of a horribly biased letter.

link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by mOjOm

Again I will say this since you apparently read whatever you wanted from my post instead of what I said.
Homosexuals and their supporters have major chips on their shoulders and are constantly looking for someone to be judging them. If you look for judgement you will find it, in fact that is all you will find. My ex friend assumed that because I was not an Nobama fan that I hated him being gay. That surprised me because usually when a white male does not like Nobama everyone immediately pulls the race card. "You don't like him because you are racist!"
Do you see where I'm coming from ? I'm also assuming that you have never met a child, or teenager that has lied or stretched the truth have you ? "Grandpa, mom kicked me out of the house!!!!" "Why did she do that ", "BECAUSE I'M GAY!!!!"
Whateva

Let me ask this,,,,, How did the letter make it onto the internet and why ? Who's business is it ? Some may argue that the mother was wrong well I argue that the grandfather was wrong and whoever put that private note online. I'm sure his daughter didn't do it. I'd sue his butt.

YOu generalize far, far too much. Like i said, my oldest son is gay.

But my best friends sister is lesbian. Her and her mate are what you would call my "2nd" and "3rd" best friends. I am gay friendly as it comes. And I laugh at the things you say. And pity you for saying them. THen I mourn that people like you have taken over the faith that my family has held close for generations. Even with how rigid of an Oklahoma quaker my grandfather was, he still didn't hold harsh feelings toward gay people. He laughed about their "antics" and went on about his day, jimmies totally unrustled.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Now who is dealing with fantasy ? Nothing in the dang letter states that her son is a child. You assume he is a child. Well you know what assuming does don't you ? And what in the hell would a "child" know about being homosexual ? A "child" has no business being sexual period.
You have some serious issues if you believe that.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Your family has not held Christianity sacred if they believe that God is pro gay. Hate to burst that bubble. Sorry to say this too, if your oldest son is gay then I'd seriously question his home life when he was growing up.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

A "child" has no business being sexual period.
You have some serious issues if you believe that.

By your own teachings, children should be married by 11 and having children by 12 or 13.

It's only in the last 60 years did we invent the 'teenage' years, where we expect children to act somewhat like adults, while maintaining an attitude that sex and self discovery is wrong.

It's between the ages of 12 and 21 that children are SUPPOSED to learn about their sexual identity and a get a chance to experience some sexual activity, in a healthy environment, among their peers.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Christian Voice
A "child" has no business being sexual period.

Oh, for the love of God. Children are very sexual. Were you not a kid???

I grew up in the country. Sex was all we had to do, and it was free.

So while you live in Leave It To Beaverland, we here in reality will try to deal with reality's problems. Such as the putried wake of hate left behind your sentiments.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Your family has not held Christianity sacred if they believe that God is pro gay. Hate to burst that bubble. Sorry to say this too, if your oldest son is gay then I'd seriously question his home life when he was growing up.

your cheap ad hominems do not dispel your appearance of being hate filled. "Fire with fire" is not working for you.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join