It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father disowns daughter in epic letter when she kicks out her gay son

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That was the dumbest thing I've read on here tonight. Thanx for that. Wow, I've never heard anyone compare Jay Z Beyoncé and Eminem to God. Thanking God for success is not the same as what I wrote. Think about it Mr. Wizard

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I'm not a member of Westboro so I'd appreciate a little respect on here. In Psalms those are songs of praise written by David. The book of psalms is not God's wording, David wrote the Psalms simply to sing praise to God. God Himself says in the Old Testament and New Testament that homosexuality is wrong.

You can only believe that if you believe that H.S. is a "choice". I have news for you: It is not, normally. In fact, being H.S. for most is a big problem, if they COULD choose they would in the majority of cases choose "to be normal" due to the many problems homosexuality brings. DO YOU DOUBT THIS?

So..since HS is not a "choice"....do me a favor and ask God why he created some people that way? And then explain the discrepancy of A) people BEING BORN GAY B) God (allegedly) saying in the Bible that homosexuality is "wrong". Obviously, A + B don't go together well.

Also...I do in fact feel very sorry for you since you are obviously in the (erroreous) belief that with a certain up-bringing and education "being gay" can be prevented. The irony and logical conclusion of this is that you will likely feel responsible for it IF IT WOULD SO HAPPEN that your son may turn out gay. Would you then spend the rest of your life being miserable and blaming yourself for your (!) failure in not having prevented this? (Like: "Oh my, if I just had not allowed him to watch MTV....or if we just had prayed more often..." etc..)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Just what I thought, now God didnt say it, David did, who did he say it for? God. Trying to have a cival discussion with folks like you and your attitude toward us damn sinners. Is like trying to take a bath and not get wet.....It;s damn impossible. Your reasoning and attitude is Westboro, and I never said you were a member , but I'm pretty damn sure they would take you in no questions asked. And get something straight, in no way do I have to respect you for your beleifs, I will acknowledge your beleif of a fairey tale of biblical proportions.

Oh by the way, aint God supposed to be Omni powerfull? If he/she is, then why dont he/she fix their mistake of creating homosexuality in the first place? Let me guess, the devil got to all them big bad homosexuals. Growing up in your home must be a real treat. Tolerance, somthing you lack, but not to worry . It's Gods plan for you. I can only assume you really hate that he/she thingy. Good.
edit on 3-10-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by mOjOm

Again I will say this since you apparently read whatever you wanted from my post instead of what I said.

I'm not reading anything into what you are saying. You just keep making up all sorts of extra information about this topic. You keep adding in more and more assumptions of your own which you have no evidence for other than your own personal opinion. Why can't your just stick with the information provided??

Homosexuals and their supporters have major chips on their shoulders and are constantly looking for someone to be judging them. If you look for judgement you will find it, in fact that is all you will find.

And you know this because you are an expert when it comes to all things Homosexual??? Does everyone in your world fit so nicely in to the predefined molds which you choose for them???

My ex friend assumed that because I was not an Nobama fan that I hated him being gay. That surprised me because usually when a white male does not like Nobama everyone immediately pulls the race card. "You don't like him because you are racist!"

I'm not sure what your own personal experience with your friend has to do with this post or why you bring it up. Unless your exfriend is either this woman, her gay son or the Grandfather it has no reason to be here.

Do you see where I'm coming from ? I'm also assuming that you have never met a child, or teenager that has lied or stretched the truth have you ? "Grandpa, mom kicked me out of the house!!!!" "Why did she do that ", "BECAUSE I'M GAY!!!!"
Whateva

Of course I have, but that doesn't mean that Every Teenager Lies about stuff just because some do. I also happen to know many parents who lie and bend the truth to justify their actions too. My point though is that since we have no additional information in this case it's not right to just start making stuff up like you are obviously determined to do.

Let me ask this,,,,, How did the letter make it onto the internet and why ? Who's business is it ? Some may argue that the mother was wrong well I argue that the grandfather was wrong and whoever put that private note online. I'm sure his daughter didn't do it. I'd sue his butt.

How the hell should I know??? How the hell do you know who released it to the internet??? If you have some verifiable information outside your own creative opinions post a link, but until you do, stick with what we've got and stop adding in your own ideas as if they apply here just because it is your world view.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Hold on one minute.

If I write a book, let's say the Book Of Mormon and claim, that it was inspired by the world of God, isn't that the same thing as what the people who wrote the Bible claimed?

Doesn't John Smith have just as much claim to the word of God as anybody else who has?

So with that in mind, doesn't everybody, who create works ' inspired by God ' get to claim that whatever they did was God's wishes and ultimately his will?

Of course it does, because there's just as much proof for God writing Jay Z's last album, as there is for the Bible being so as well.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Mother against Son..............Father against Daughter.

And.......all because they have different opinions on something.

So, I shall let my friend express the way I feel..........

"love one another, do as you would be done by"

Obviously this philosophy is just too damn inconvenient for some.

BFFT - awesome post mate, then again, I would not expect any less from you anyway.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Quandaries.
On her radio show, Dr. Laura said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Schlesinger, written by a US ...man, and posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as quite informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan,

James M. Kauffman,

Ed.D. Professor Emeritus,

Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia

P.S. (It would be a damn shame if we couldn't own a Canadian.)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Did you see the picture of the child? Does he look grown up? Does he look like a grown man? Not just no, but hell no he dont. You arent doing the term Good Christian any good at all. As a matter of fact, your looking like a hate filled homophobic, what about blacks and Hispanics, you hate them too? What about us heathens? hate us too? Your full of hate and good christain morals. They so go hand in hand. Now I will ask you in a nice way. Please offer Bigfatfurrytexan an apology for your comments, he was polite and pretty damn cival. How dare you judge me or any one else on here. You said" Let the Christian bashing begin" we didnt, you did. So dont get all self rightous when we bash, you asked for it.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I hope this thread gets the Star and flags it deserves.

I am glad that the older generation is waking up to the stupidity that they have helped produce.

Stop Hating folks. It does no good.

S&F

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

In the old days, I woulda voted this for WATS. I love this post almost as much as the OP.

THe best part: "Shall I smite them?"

At work tomorrow, you an be rest assured that people will be threatened with smiting, for my own humor. In all likelyhood, for the most minor of infractions....in true OT spirit.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

That's absolutely brilliant. Never quite understood why those portions of Leviticus were not given the 'strict construction' treatment by those who rely on the same text in declaring homosexuals to be abomination. I have yet to get a straight answer to this question either!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Just like a persons sexual preference.

Its nobodies business, I don't care.

Didn't even read it.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jpkmets

im not opposed in any way every one had their own likes and dislikes i have gay friends thats not a problem i guess i should have been more detailed on what i was saying which is for me i dont like it for others thats their bisness i appolagize for leading u to think i dont like it for any one

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am sorry homosexual people- you may be kind and gentle- but your compass is not reading north. Have you ever heard of calibration? Humans require it too.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Now THAT is funny.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Nice vid. I saw courage in that young man.
To admit not only to being gay but also unemployed.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

apydomis
I am sorry homosexual people- you may be kind and gentle- but your compass is not reading north. Have you ever heard of calibration? Humans require it too.

Well, i am pretty hardcore straight....and my compass doesn't exactly point north. I believe, in Christian parlance, this would fall under, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

edit on 3-10-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

jpkmets
reply to post by 727Sky

That's absolutely brilliant. Never quite understood why those portions of Leviticus were not given the 'strict construction' treatment by those who rely on the same text in declaring homosexuals to be abomination. I have yet to get a straight answer to this question either!

advanced theoretical psychology. A stifled field due to influence from religious institutions.

Layman's terms.

The bible beliefs and religious indoctrination sort of set up an ulterior personality. Something sort of subconscious and also conscious. It becomes like a person to person conflict in the mind, and like a child trying to beat a parent can look for ways to 'beat' itself. If something against the dogma is desired, find a way. And someone you don't like? find something they do that you can abstain from. Then make that thing bad, way worse than your little minor thing (Leviticus).

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jpkmets

I have yet to get a straight answer to this question either!

Not sure if intentional but I laughed.

HanzHenry that was very well put.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join