It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you get Obamacare, YES or NO?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ive been trying to create an account so I can just see how much it would be, but when it gets to the security questions, there are none. It wont let you type in a question, so you cant even answer.

I found this funny, I clicked "live chat" and when the popup text box appeared my browser said it was in spanish and asked me if i would like it translated.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
No

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

tigershark1988
A resounding Fu*k no, from me.

letscit
quite frankly I am leaning no. I have a difficult situation though as I have a type 1 diabetic child.

Diabetes can be cured by diet alone.

Ummm, there is no cure for Type 1 Diabetes.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

I get my insurance through my employer but we just got the new health plans, and of course the rates have doubled for single and tripled for family and coverage dropped to less benefits and more out of pocket with high deductible plans or coverage first plans with super high copays.

The kicker is if I were to add a dependent IE spouse that deferred coverage from their employer then not only do I pay the higher rates this year, but also have a $50 surcharge per pay period for the dependent.

This is a major problem and I'm glad my girlfriend has insurance through her employer, but we are expecting a baby in March and this is the absolute worst timing for us and these changes to healthcare. My company no longer offers the HMO plan where having a baby was covered 100% so hoping her insurance has something better.

I work for a huge global company and this just shows that that if our company isn't offering all the options as last year I can't imagine what small companies will be doing. Companies like IBM, Home Depot, Jungle Jim's and countless others are already reducing hours and making retirees and part timers join the exchanges which is not right.

I work in the Insurance industry (Vision) and this is effecting all aspects of Insurance. It's complete Chaos.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

At this particular moment I will not be participating. The penalty for not joining will be significantly lower than the costs of signing up, for now. There are to many unknowns for me to even consider it at the moment.

I think I'll wait an see how it turns out for everyone else before I reconsider. It's also quite possible it will get repealed if the republicans win office in the next presidential election.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If we had to go with LaBamba Care it would be 4X what were paying now. Not going to happen I will not be discriminated against because thats what it is.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

727Sky
reply to post by beezzer

I did a little looking and found that In reality, Obamacare will increase health spending by $7,450 for a typical family of four. That’s a far cry from what we were promised when the program was being sold to the population.

Just look at the statistics being provided by some states, like Ohio: “Ohioans who buy government-mandated health insurance through ObamaCare’s new state exchanges next year can expect 41 percent higher rates, according to the state insurance commissioner.” (Nebraska looks rough, too.)

Some may argue that the cost is worth the benefit. That the higher prices mean that those who couldn't afford health insurance will now have it. That might be an argument worth having… but it wasn't the one used to sell the healthcare plan (heck they did not even know what was in the plan; it needed passage to see what it contained!) . So either they lied to the nation to get low information voters (senate & the then democratic controlled congress) to support their efforts, or they are horrible at math and real life scenarios and they actually believed the insane math they were selling. Either way, it shouldn't inspire much confidence in their leadership.

The truth is that Obamacare hasn't even gone into effect yet, and it’s already hurting our country. I don’t want to be a “Roger ramjet pest” but things are going to get much worse before they get better IMO… and the worst part is, all of this could have been avoided.

I also read the IRS has hired 16,200 new workers to oversee this program... So those who think they can ignore this government mandated program might be in for a rather large shock if they try to run with no medical insurance.. Can probably just pay the fine for a couple of years but the fine goes up every year into perpetuity; not sure because I stopped looking after the third year .... Someone is going to get your (fair share they determine) money, of that I would guarantee.

If I am wrong I will apologize and sing the programs praises with guitar and everything!

your absolutely right, they are adding all those IRS agents. Check out my post of 12 Incredible Obamacare quotes all should read.

thanks,

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
No I will go to my vet if I need any "doctoring"
She is closer, has a better lab and cleaner facilities than the nearest healthcare clinic anyway.
I refuse to buy something I don't want, especially when the government is trying to force it down my throat.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

My husband and I owed back taxes for failure to file in time for 6 years, our accounts were never frozen, so your friend situation may be different, we end up negotiation and paying back within 3 years, but that was it.

In order to understand what will happen if you fail to pay beside fines you need to read the bill and the clause that talks about this fines and the IRS.

But 2016 if the program do not get enough supporters from the mandated class it will fail anyway by then.

Unless legislation is passed to actually take money out of the peoples checks like SS Medicare and Medicaid to pay for the program.

It is an entitlement program after all.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yup, did my calculation and it would be 4 times what I spend now. Kiss my posterior! I will not now nor ever participate in the grand extortion scheme engineered by the first communist president our country has had the error to elect. I will drop out of the system and go off grid if I have to.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I keep seeing these insanely high quotes upwards of $15,000.

Is that JUST your premium? Seriously? You people would be paying over a grand a month? Do you people have litters of children that need coverage?

I understand about the 5k deductible -- but don't include that in the "cost" because the chances of you ever meeting it or needing to meet it are low.

What is the AVERAGE MONTHLY cost for you people getting quotes? Don't include the deductible, don't include the yearly cap. Just the monthly premium please.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

tigershark1988
Diabetes can be cured by diet alone.

Type 2 diabetes can be cured by diet. But the person said the child has Type 1 diabetes.
Type 1 is autoimmune and is totally incurable.

To the OP ...no we have no plans to use Obamacare.
I feel badly for anyone who wishes to. It's going to be a freak'n mess.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

links234
Don't forget, you can get your Obamacare here.

I'm not eligible so I won't be allowed to sign up.

What?

Explain.

You may not be eligible for subsidies, but anyone is eligible to purchase through the exchanges.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Yes, it is just my premium. Almost $12k a year. No subsidy, 0, nilch, nada. This does NOT include any deductions or co-pays. It does not include any out of pocket, that is strictly the monthly premium.

Affordable Health Care? Yeah, my a$$. I'll take coverage the day they stop collecting income tax!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by apoc36

Um, no.

I will not get it on a bus,
I will not get it in a fuss,
I will not get it, Sam I am,
I will not get the Obama plan.

You do know the end of that story right?

He ate the green eggs and ham and loved it...then became an advocate for it to everyone else.

I think you are predicting your own future.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Actually, preliminary tests in Canada show that derivatives of Cayan pepper can cure Type 1 Diabetes.

Of course it will be 30 years, if ever, for it to become available in the US.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I hear there is a glitch in the premium calculators. I myself will no tbe able to get it. WHy you may ask? I am unemployed and have no income. My mother is considered below the poverty line so with any luck she will not have to get it either. Is it just me or is the impending Fail date of 2016 just in time for the presidential elections?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

berkeleygal
I will be 60 on the 16th of this month. I have been out of work for 3 years. Just moved into public housing today. I am poor as a church mouse. Thank heaven I am healthy. No, I will not, I cannot afford it, and if they try to fine me, well I may end up in some Fema camp somewhere... but they can kiss my arse.

If you are in that tough of a spot, your insurance will most likely be free.

But go ahead and pay the fine out of protest, that will show them.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I won't be getting it, even if I didn't have health insurance through my work. I feel sorry for people that have to. How are they going to afford to buy the frills? You know, like food, electricity, heat?

BTW, anyone else having problems just getting on the site? It says they have a lot of traffic right now and I have to wait in line????

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Interesting.
Now it says :The system is down at the moment, with this:

Error from: https%3A//www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/global/en_US/registration%23signUpStepOne
Reference ID: 0.cd873c17.1380734564.140fd510

Please try again later. No thanks

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join