It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you get Obamacare, YES or NO?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

kaylaluv
What makes you think you are forced to insure your adult child? Everything I have read says that you are ALLOWED to insure your adult child until age 26, not REQUIRED to. The requirement is for the insurance companies -- they are required to allow you to insure your adult child if you want to - previously they were not required to do that, so many insurance policies used to force you to drop your kid when they turned 18 (or when they graduated college).

I never said one was forced to do anything (well, we are forced to insure ourselves), but contemplate this: In England, professional psychologists have been given guidelines to see people as old as 25 as being "children" and in "late term adolescence".

If the professional associations here in the United States start adhering to this, it would possibly open the door for our "late bloomers" to find legal grounds to remain on mom and dad's insurance.

And while not required to, I was speaking of people who have no moral qualms about suing or getting ahead (as some have done with parents they have rented houses to and then taking them to court) and testing the limits of the law to see if they can get money.

Keep in mind though, that if you decide to drop your adult child from your insurance, they will have the same mandates for purchasing insurance that all other adults have.

All the more reason to sue!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Seem to have no reason for concern. We already have various insurance benefits through my wife's employment @ Staples™

We've yet to receive any kind of notice regarding costs or premium increases of any specific amount or by any certain date...

while that's not to say we'll neither see nor feel any sort of financial burden or 'relief' along the way...

just thought i'd toss it out there in lieu of the 'claims' otherwise', that 'obamacare is or will bankrupt folks'.

not to state that it won't , and not that i could care less, but Nor do I hold any sort of support or party affiliation, either. !!!

they can ALL go 'do' themselves - Politicians, IMHO.

ugh....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Choice?

We get a choice?

To choose?

hmmmm......

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
Choice?

We get a choice?

To choose?

hmmmm......

--
Yeah, just remember...one of those choices involve a fine.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have alot to think about now. I couldn't get health insurance before because of so called pre-existing condition. Having to pay upfront for big procedures completely drained my bank, all those years of hard work for nothing is seems.

So now I just have to see which is better for me and my family, go through Obamacare or use other methods..........

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Arnie123
Nope.

As long as I'm military, Tri-care has me and my little family, ((Wife and 5 month old) covered.

Ummm, did you not get the TriCare newsletter earlier this year that stated the US Military was backing ObamaCare
100%?? Sounds like you may be already signed up, like it or not.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Wrong again.

I an the one making a real difference . You are just perpetuating a dying system in order to feel safe for a few more years.

But they will get you anyways. Especially if they are allowed to pick us off one by one. When people like you become so afraid of losing their (insert whatever you fear)

So if the government say do "x" or lose your "x" you do it because u fear...what? The irs? Jail?

Let me tell you something sir . This country is out of control.

This woRld is out of control.

You have reason to fear. They have made you fear .

But let me tell you some about fear taught to me by Frank hibbert

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. [

That is the truth and i won't fear for doing the right thing any longer.

Want to makedifference ? Find ten likeminded people . Take your thousand dollar insurance payments. Put them together and more a doctor for that 10k a month to be your personal doctor for those ten families.

But you can be the good government sheep if you wish. And let the future generations pay for your fear

I won't

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

So don't file. If enough of us say "no" then what will the movements do exactly

Except maybe ,finally, go away .

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

AlienScience

That would be your own problem of your own making.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for you for making a very bad decision?

Arent we all?

Virtually all of government "services" are based on feeling sorry for the poor decisions of others.

Bad decisions aside there is a huge hole where people are above the poverty line cut off to receive subsidies but not earning enough to pay that 10K + annual bill and still make rent and put food on the table.

So I have to choose between keeping a roof over my kids head or health insurance and I dont qualify for any subsidies and when the fines start rolling in you say to me "piss off!" ?

Where's your heart? That's what this ACA is supposedly all about, right?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

My current insurance premiums through my employer are said to go up 50% as a result of costs incurred by insurance companies meeting the new requirements of Obamacare, does that count?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

727Sky

beezzer
I just calculated my Obamacare yearly premium costs.

If my company drops me, I can expect to pay 12,831 dollars a year in Obamacare Insurance.

I went to Healthcare dot gov for the calculations.

That is more than I was paying for no deductible and a $20 co-pay... What a rip!

Maybe if we are lucky the whole thing will terminate itself! Just another fubar feel good government program that sounds good until the details are exposed. If they do not get young people to sign up it will be another major losing program; to be honest with all the young unemployed or under employed it will be interesting how it shakes out.... No doubt we will be hearing about it for years to come.

What a particular doctor has mentioned to me is when you make an office visit there will be 2 billings. One will be your charge if you pay cash and it will be a very, very, low reasonable charge like all medical cash services are, no paperwork, paper trail. The other will be the maximum numbers the FedGov will allow for every little paper clip, Tylenol, or bandaid to "advance" your deductable quickly, filed to the FedGov. Once the deductable is quickly met then the burden will be lifted from the patients and foisted onto the FedGov.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Toots

Arnie123
Nope.

As long as I'm military, Tri-care has me and my little family, ((Wife and 5 month old) covered.

Ummm, did you not get the TriCare newsletter earlier this year that stated the US Military was backing ObamaCare

Not quite all the facts.

TRICARE is already minimum accepted healthcare that qualifies under the ACA. (Very minimum, always has been)

See here:

www.tricare.mil...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Well, anyone can try and sue for any reason - doesn't mean they have a case. Theoretically, a 19-year-old could try to sue their parents for not paying for their college tuition. Do they have a case? I don't think so. The laws don't require you to pay for your adult child's higher education, but you are certainly allowed to pay for it. If the law doesn't require that you include your adult child on your insurance (but allows you to if you so choose), do they have a case to sue you if you don't? They have about as much of a case as they do suing you for not paying for their college.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

No, mine were first hand. $12k a year for my family of four. No subsidies. Yeah, I'm taking the penalty for the next several years.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Toots

Arnie123
Nope.

--
Incorrect.
Tri-care is Tri-care, its not Obamacare. Supported or not, as far as I am concerned, I have updated my dd93 and SGLI as of last week, ITS STILL TRI-CARE, not ObamaCare.

As far as I know, I don't have to go to some back logged site to sign up for something that I already have, which is TRI-CARE.
PWND.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

"Obamacare", the ACA, is a law, not an insurance policy. It gives those who don't already have insurance the opportunity to buy lower rate policies through insurance exchanges, much the same as those who get their policies on a group plan.

If you fall below a certain range of income based on the poverty level, there will be subsidies and/or tax rebates available to offset the cost of the policies. This goes for people who buy through the exchanges or already have insurance. If you have insurance already not much will change for you.

It also made a few patient protection laws as well: the insurance company must spend at least 80% of their income through premiums on actual patient care, not just buying the CEO a new yacht. They can no longer drop you from your policy if you become "too sick". They cannot deny you treatment of a pre-existing condition, nor prevent you from buying a policy if you have a pre-existing condition. And if you have children you can keep them on your policy, if you choose, until they are twenty six.

It is a good plan, not a perfect plan. It will need tweaking no doubt, but we will have to implement it fully to see where those tweaks need be. Everyone needs to stop panicking and just roll with it. The diatribes from the right are the same ones that we heard during the implementation of Social Security, Medicare, and all of the other social safety nets. We survived those and were happy for them once they were in place. The same will happen this time around as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I could find cause in dropping a "child" to be more cause than not paying for tuition. Tuition, or rather, "Higher Education" hasn't been deemed a necessity yet and we are not forced to pay a tax and/or fine to supply it. Healthcare Insurance has been. By neglecting that "child" and forcing them to purchase or face a fine, when they are eligible to be on their parent's insurance is not that hard to prove cause there. People have sued for far less and won.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

jjkenobi
reply to post by apoc36

My current insurance premiums through my employer are said to go up 50% as a result of costs incurred by insurance companies meeting the new requirements of Obamacare, does that count?

The PPACA, has made it a law that premiums cannot go up more than 10% without government approval. It also works this way: if they start raising rates then their customers are going to go elsewhere (the exchanges) to buy their insurance.

The insurance companies are angry because the government has said they MUST spend 80% of their income from premiums on actual care. Not just to line their pockets. Those Congress critters who are working for the insurance lobby know which side of the bread the butter is. That is why there are some who are working against the plan, even to the detriment of the county. Well, that and they are a bunch of racist, dominionist bastards that need a good spanking.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

jaguarsky
"Obamacare", the ACA, is a law, not an insurance policy. It gives those who don't already have insurance the opportunity to buy lower rate policies through insurance exchanges, much the same as those who get their policies on a group plan.

Are you saying that there was no opportunity to buy a rate prior to the law? If you want to have anything and everything covered, it will cost you. If you are low on income, why not just cover life/limb with a bare policy that will help cover catastrophic events? That required personal responsibility though.

If you fall below a certain range of income based on the poverty level, there will be subsidies and/or tax rebates available to offset the cost of the policies. This goes for people who buy through the exchanges or already have insurance. If you have insurance already not much will change for you.

So we launder our money via our Government to the insurance companies now....Sounds good. Not much will change? You are starting to sound like an infomercial for the program. I have already received notice that much will change due to the new law.

It also made a few patient protection laws as well: the insurance company must spend at least 80% of their income through premiums on actual patient care, not just buying the CEO a new yacht.

Why does the Government have a say in what a private company spends their money on? Never mind, I already know how that argument will go. You are right.

They cannot deny you treatment of a pre-existing condition...

Insurance doesn't deny treatment as they provide no treatment. They deny coverage...find me a doctor who will deny you treatment and I will find you a bridge to sell.

And if you have children you can keep them on your policy, if you choose, until they are twenty six.

They aren't children at that point are they? Why 26? Why not just keep who we want, as long as we want, on the insurance?

It is a good plan, not a perfect plan. It will need tweaking no doubt, but we will have to implement it fully to see where those tweaks need be.

Okay now I know this is an infomercial! It is not even a good plan. It has some aspects that many can agree upon, but those could have been passed absent the whole law. Instead, we created a monster that no one knows what will happen. That isn't law....that is just get it in so we can claim victory and then we will work it out later...

Everyone needs to stop panicking and just roll with it. The diatribes from the right are the same ones that we heard during the implementation of Social Security, Medicare, and all of the other social safety nets.

Because all of those are solvent and well funded right? They run smoothly and have no mass fraud, been abused, or have been used to garner votes? I will not just "roll" with it. I will argue against it so long as my Natural Right to do so allows me to do. It is a horrible law and was horribly implemented. It has some aspects that are positives but the packaging those came in stinks.

Tell me to roll with it......

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jaguarsky

You sir are insane.

And wrong.

We have never had a tax on life until now.

Never. Not ss
Never.

From now on they will make you "pay to play" in the u.s. of a

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join