It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking video of Range Rover running over bikers in NYC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Closed for staff review.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

REOPENED.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts.
edit on Mon Sep 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
tried to respond in other thread came here and it was closed so lets try this again!

from everything i saw in the video and read about in the article the bikers are the ones up on charges and it seems like a good deal of them (50+) got their bikes confiscated not sure if its related to this incident or others that happened in the OP video.
abcnews.go.com...

Video recorded by one of the bikers in the group shows the motorcycles slowing their speed as they surround the Range Rover, and the Range Rover then tapping the fender of a motorcyclist in the group. Twenty to 30 bikers then surrounded the Land Rover and started gesturing at him, the video shows. The motorcyclists then began damaging the Range Rover and slashed one the tires, causing the driver to take off and flee north and then exit the highway as his tire deflated, according to Officer Christopher Pisano of the NYPD. As he was attempting to flee, the SUV driver hit a motorcyclist before speeding off, causing the entire group of bikers to take off after him. During the six-minute encounter, the Range Rover driver slowed down enough at one point for a motorcyclist to get off his bike, run up to the Land Rover and open the driver's side door before the Range Rover fled again. Finally, after the entire group turned off the highway and the SUV rolled to a stop, motorcyclists ran up to Range Rover and one biker, using his helmet, began smashing the windows of the vehicle, the video shows. Other bikers joined in before the video was stopped.
so from watching the video and reading multiple sources on the matter it seems that the bikers are the ones who broke the law or at least much more severely.

crimes of bikers: assault and vandalize of the suv with a knife enhancement(ny law i think) when they slashed his tire,probably at fault for the accident as well with that break check being on video so nicely.also as they are not law enforcement they have no authority to chase down any one and try to pull them from their car(follow them sure to report on the driver leaving the scene)so add speeding to the mix as well as reckless driving and endangerment.

crime of the suv was originally fleeing the scene of an accident(hit and run) but as the bikers surrounded him and his family he most likely did not feel safe and wanted to move to a different area to call police (something that some people do when being pulled over by unmarked police cars for example) so when they started chasing him bashing his windows and stabbing his tires with knives the bikers broke more laws then the suv driver and hes gonna walk on these charges in my opinion.

The video was uploaded by the biker to Live Leak with the caption, "A black Range Rover ran over a group of bikers in New York City during an annual street ride." The information posted with the video claimed that a biker was killed when he was hit by the Range Rover, but police said that was not true.

add this part about the uploaders lying about any one dying and they loose even more cedibility but im sure the prosecutor will be happy with the tape when he brings them up on charges

According to an NYPD spokesman, the motorist, identified as an Asian male who was driving with his wife and child, was assaulted at 218th Street, where he was finally forced to stop because his tires were slashed. Toward the end of the video, you can see one motorcyclist smashing in the driver's side window with his helmet. That's where the video ends, but the NYPD says the bikers proceeded to beat and slash the driver, leaving him with black eyes and lacerations on his face and torso. He was subsequently treated and released. Though it's claimed here that one of the motorcyclists was killed, neither the FDNY nor the NYPD press offices have any record of motorcycle fatalities or even injuries. An NYPD spokesman says the driver "inadvertently" struck one of the motorcyclists, "causing no injuries." Then the motorcyclists allegedly "attacked" the vehicle, and that's when the driver sped off (at the 30 second mark), "striking more."
note how the bikers actions are referred to as assault you know for pulling a guy out of his car and stabbing him which rarely goes over well in New York
gothamist.com... source for above quote

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I said it in the other thread, and Ill say it here: Bikers are BY FAR the most dangerous drivers on the road.

How am I supposed to care about their safety, when they dont care about theirs or mine?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So a biker cuts the dude off and hits his breaks. Gets rear ended, so him and his buddies try to drag him out of the car and beat the # out of him, dude panics and hits the gas. So much wrong here..... Don't ride with idiots, it may get you killed.....

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

freedomSlave
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Most likely the guy cut off a bike from before the video started is probably why they were acting like that .. lol ever ride a motorbike try it , amazes me how oblivious people are when driving their cars , I also see it all the time when I am working driving trucks ..
Most likely? Based on what? The fact that you ride a bike?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Bedlam

GNOarmy
Me feeling threatend + family in car = carnage at no fault of mine

= carnage and you end up in the pen, seriously, you just can't intentionally mow people down because they stop you on the freeway, no matter how attractive it might seem. Otherwise I'd be stamping little bicycles on my truck after each Critical Mass.
If there is an imminent threat of bodily harm or death, which there most certainly was here, then yes you can.

No different than if someone jumps out of an ally and attacks me, and I shoot them.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I will not ride with a group any larger than 10 people. It seems to me, the larger the group, the stupider people ride. People start showing off for each other, and trying to outdo each other. You want to ride like an idiot, then please, go rent out a race track, and stop doing it on the road. This goes for idiots that like to race around in their cars on the highway, playing "tag" and such nonsense as well. You will find it's a whole lot safer, a whole lot more fun as well. Don't have to worry about debris, or potholes either.

Some of us are just trying to make it from point A to point B alive, not use the roads and highways like they are our personal playground.
edit on Mon, 30 Sep 2013 16:03:44 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

conspiracytheoristIAM
reply to post by scrog77

So your observation is to run over people, when you're threatened ?? Apparently you don't ride motorcycles....these guys tend to stick together and are protective of the "group ride ". I couldn't tell what started the confrontation, but I did assume what ended up happening. The bottom line is you're not going to just speed away, after running over a bunch of bikers !!

I ride an R1 regularly, and rode an R6 before that. I'd say I recognize a pack of squids when I see em; especially since reports indicate their ride was organized on Hollywoodstuntz.

Sources said it was not an organized charity ride, but a rally loosely organized on the blog HollywoodStuntz, which features videos of bikers doing tricks and stunts.

NYPost article

Do I think the situation escalated badly? Yeah. I'm not ready to say 100% certain it was the bikers fault or that they initiated it, but until more facts come out it sure looks like they started this.

For those saying he should have shot the bikers - he lives in New York
Gooo Bloomberg!
edit on 30-9-2013 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Police commissioner Kelly is all over this.
They almost hurt the baby in the car. This man needed to go to the hospital and be stitched up . They also went into times Sq and made some trouble. They stopped traffic on a major NYC highway.
They had no license plates, so they cannot ID them all.... Yet.
The nypd wants them....

edit on 9/30/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

None of these motorcycles has license plates. What does that tell you.
This is a major HIGHWAY. Stopping traffic like that is so dangerous, it isn't funny.
Theyre riding on both sides of the suv on the white line.
It was all menacing.
A friend of mine who lives up there said these guys are out up there all the time, causing trouble.
And if no one caught it, one of them, the one he ran over, has a broken leg.
I believe he had on a helmet cam. This is how they have this footage at all.
We can assume he's being questioned and is in custody.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

The nypd is not holding the family responsible, at all. They are the victims.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

The family in the suv are the ones who called the police. Biker wannabes who are menacing NYC streets don't call the cops apparently

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

alot of them do have plates but not all do and im betting the ones with the plates will talk and thus more will be caught,also at least 3 were wearing "cuts" from some form of biker club/association and i bet they will be brought in as well .any one else think the ones with their girls on the back were not exactly making the smartest decisions as far as their safety was concerned as well?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Im all for the SUV driver(even tho it was a bit harsh and i would have done it differently).

1) Those bikers are stupid as hell, blocking road like that,
2) The one biker forced the accident by breaking due to SUV driver wanting to go ahead.
3) The SUV driver, initially stops, but the swarm of bikers started assaulting his car.
4) Threatened, he flees, running over some bikers.
5) They chase, break window and beat him while his wife and child in car.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

so bedlam you weren't by any chance one of those bike riders were you??? because i believe the boys in blue might wanna have a chat with you....

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The range rover got surrounded and honked. The biker in front of the rover started riding his brakes with around 10 feet of clearance between the vehicles in response to this honk. The range rover didn't hit the brakes in time and tapped the bike. Then the bikers stopped and swarmed him, he panicked and... burst forth. Then they caught up to him and beat him into the hospital with motorcycle helmets and a knife. I'm not saying that anything the range rover did was justifiable but the bikers: started it, were continuously harassing him, forced him to stop/brake checked him on a busy highway that they had illegally taken over, and began to attack him and his vehicle for rear ending someone who had brake checked him. Only after that did he plow through the mob that was already attacking him.

Should a biker have had his leg broken and several others had their bikes mangled? No.
Should a random guy out for a sunday drive have been surrounded by a mob of bikers, forced to stop, and attacked, then attacked again after what he perceived to be fleeing for his life? Also no.

This video is borderline like watching a prat fall insurance scam except the con artist's buddies get pissed off at the mark for it.

edit on 30-9-2013 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2013 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
the smart thing to have done would be to get out of town. i realize that's easier said than done from NYC, but none of those bikes have a range of much more than 100 miles. the SUV with even half a tank would just keep going. granted he would have had to have found open highway somewhere.

so a few guys got run over (the guys intentionally blocking the vehicle before anyone had gotten hurt). get the license plate. what's the point of chasing the dude possibly risking further run-overage? some of those bikes had a passenger i noticed. thats real responsible. get your girlfriend paralyzed so you can race and be macho.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Funny how I have seen this being labeled.

If your are a Biker or enjoy bikes...

Motorcycle Run over by SUV

If you do not like bikes or feel threatened by large gangs.

Motorist runs over bike in Motorcycle gang.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

abeverage
Funny how I have seen this being labeled.

If your are a Biker or enjoy bikes...

Motorcycle Run over by SUV

If you do not like bikes or feel threatened by large gangs.

Motorist runs over bike in Motorcycle gang.

My uncle is a biker, chartered the regional chapter of Cossacks. I am very biker friendly. But those tools got what was coming to them. Had it been me, shots would have been fired when they accosted my vehicle. And it would have been a really bad day for all of us.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join