It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking video of Range Rover running over bikers in NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The guy just flattened about four bikers for no reason at the first of the encounter. They probably had kids too. If he recovers, he ought to get at least a life sentence. His kid can visit him at the pen on Wednesdays, through the little window on the phone.

link   

Bedlam
There was no cause whatever for the Range Rover to run over the initial group of riders.

There was no need for the bikies to harass the car driver and stop in front of him, they were simply out to harass anyone they could by riding like idiots.

link   
They are not bikers, they are motorcycle enthusiasts on crotch rockets. This will play out as "Bikers" to to forward the case against Clubs. IMO. A sad situation, but had my best friend been struck by a "Hit and Run" I would have chased them down too. This got way out of control and the excitement of the situation was charged by negative energy and an immediate desire for roadside justice.

Very sad, I can imagine the fear the family faced, but they broke the law and fled from an accident where they KILLED a person, destroyed property and injured several others.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

How do you know this is the first encounter?

Because that's the only bit of footage the biker who filmed it has released?

We don't know if anything happened previously. I guess that's the advantage when you're the one editing the evidence.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

antar
fled from an accident where they KILLED a person,

Who did they kill?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by scrog77

Very unfortunate all around. I hope that video gets used in court and I assume having been on the internet that it will be. It clearly shows that the Rover was being harassed and distracted by the mob of bikers.

Bikers tend to be like cops, sometimes: the laws were made for everybody else.

And yes, I used to own and ride motorcycles.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

hellobruce

Bedlam
There was no cause whatever for the Range Rover to run over the initial group of riders.

There was no need for the bikies to harass the car driver and stop in front of him, they were simply out to harass anyone they could by riding like idiots.

I'm not sure why they stopped. I can't tell if it's to harass him. Sometimes there's something in the road when that sort of thing happens. No one actually seemed to be so much as looking at the van when he did that. But at any rate, it's still murder to do that. You don't get to run over someone because they stop in front of you and you don't like it.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by scrog77

My guess would be that the driver of the car has upset some of the bikers somehow before the video started, maybe cutting one or more of them off. The bikers then did a really stupid thing and tried to stop the car to confront the man. The man then panics, as you would if you had your wife and child in the car with you, and takes off. Just a stupid unfortunate event that shouldn't have happened. There looked to be at least 100 bikers in that group - that's kind of intimidating IMO.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

How about I run you over in your car with my freightliner , always stupid little cars and pick up trucks in my way cutting me off and stopping short ... how about that ??? hmmm at least you know you would be in a car surrounded by a frame . Unlike being on a bike

I hope they chase this fool down and mess him right up get what he deserves.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is interesting and sad, but I don't see how it belongs in the "breaking alternative news" section, shouldn't it just be Off Topic News?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

nimbinned
reply to post by scrog77

The bikers then did a really stupid thing and tried to stop the car to confront the man. The man then panics, as you would if you had your wife and child in the car with you, and takes off.

I would not have tried to stop him. Have some of the riders call the cops and then pursue, yes. Try to pull him over with a motorcycle, no. He'll hit traffic eventually. Or run out of gas.

I've had people put me in a ditch with their cars not paying attention to what they were doing. I didn't try to pull them off the road with my bike, just bided my time and followed at a safe distance.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by scrog77

so what a group of bikes on the road is scary for you and you would run them over because your wife and kid are in the car .. wow do you want to have your wife and kid watch you get curb stomped by 30 bikers because you felt threatened in a pack of bikes and ran a few over .. wow

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

scrog77

If you ask me I'd say the driver of the Range Rover felt threatened and panicked when surrounded by a group of about 30 bikers and just hit the peddle, who woulden't ?
The driver of the Range Rover is in a coma.
I think the blame is with the bikers.

Watch a little more into the YouTube video dude, there is a small accident and then all of the bikers stop. But like 30 seconds later another car comes out of nowhere and just plows over everyone, totally different car, totally crazy driver

There are two accidents in the video, the first one was understandable although it was a hit and run, the second accident was just a car that comes out of nowhere and plows over peeps!
edit on 30-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   

khimbar
reply to post by Bedlam

How do you know this is the first encounter?

Because that's the only bit of footage the biker who filmed it has released?

We don't know if anything happened previously. I guess that's the advantage when you're the one editing the evidence.

Edit or no...the guy mowed down several people in an intentional hit and run at the beginning when no one was approaching the vehicle. You spell that "intentional manslaughter".

link   
The metro sexual male population doesn't behave like I am used to at all,they do tend to be skiddish.And these are not 1%ers obviously.
"Why did they stop ?" is the question I have.We don't have enough info on the situation yet I guess we'll see.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
how would you have evaded the bikers if you were in the jeep and lets say you didn't run anyone over, but you just wanted to get away from them? what would you do? I know what I'd do. it's simple really. Most of those bikes are street bikes. just jump a bunch of curbs and or go across a few feilds or go off road. most of the bikes wouldn't be able to follow. The few that do you could probably manage.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

he ran over a couple of bikes are you blind ..

link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I think they stopped because there was a small accident involving the original car that was surrounded by the bikers, in fact, if you look, I think one of the bikes is empty cause the biker fell off -

Wait I see. It is the same car - so one possibility was he hit that biker and then took off.
edit on 30-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   

freedomSlave
reply to post by scrog77

so what a group of bikes on the road is scary for you and you would run them over because your wife and kid are in the car .. wow do you want to have your wife and kid watch you get curb stomped by 30 bikers because you felt threatened in a pack of bikes and ran a few over .. wow

If they were trying to stop my car from the get go (as they were obviously doing from the start of the video) and pulling in front of me to do so and I had my wife and kids in the car, yes I would assess the situation, and if hostile, as they appeared to be, I would mow them down.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

spartacus699
how would you have evaded the bikers if you were in the jeep and lets say you didn't run anyone over, but you just wanted to get away from them? what would you do? I know what I'd do. it's simple really. Most of those bikes are street bikes. just jump a bunch of curbs and or go across a few feilds or go off road. most of the bikes wouldn't be able to follow. The few that do you could probably manage.

While that is a good thought, there are not a lot of places a bike can't go in NY. It is all concrete.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join