It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos on Women.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Sorry for accusing you of trolling but I strongly disagree with your opinion and how you put it.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hushabye

I agree and have made an apology I just felt pigeonholed about what the member assumes what I think like.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I don't like tattoos at all, but too each their own.

Some of the women I know who have tattoos are now getting a bit older, and to be honest the tats aren't holding up well. One who has a small flower growing up between her toes onto her ankle has darker skin, and it just looks like she has spilled something on her foot.

Does Drew Barrymore have tattoos? I like her.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I try not to but the second I see a tattoo on a woman, I feel like she has been soiled...marked by something unclean. There is something very unclean about tattoos, beyond trashy its hard to put into words this knee-jerk feeling.

I think most people that are honest with themselves feel it. They are so pc and trendy though most do not even know what to feel. People nowadays take a natural reaction and edit it to be pc automatically and don't even know it.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

All I can say is Google it you may be surprised at the amount of surveys on the matter.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Your first paragraph states exactly how I feel,you put it into words so well.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have a feeling this thread will be removed for offending some of the members here, but what thread can you wright that wont offend anyone at all.It is just my opinion people don't have to like it ,it is just how I feel and my perspective.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

I think my dislike for tattoos comes from my religious upbringing,and about not defiling your body.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

This opinion is not meant at all to be sexist in any which way shape or form.This results from me being single and finding it hard to find a woman who isn't covered with them. I don't like tattoos on men either ,but I am not attracted to men though.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The female human body is the most beautiful creation of God and to mark it up with ink is a sacrilege.

Getting a tattoo to be fashionable is the mark of an adolescent.

edit on 29-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I feel the same way.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

enament
Hello fellow conspiracy intellectuals.

I have recently become single and I am noticing it is getting very difficult to find a woman that will acquiesce to my demands. I don't mind one or two females ignoring my commands, but now it seems most women have no clue as to the authority I hold over them. About half of the men out there dislike independent women.

If someone has a statement to make what ever happened to just expressing yourself in the manner that I approve of?? I have been noticing more and more women donning attire that I find repulsive, and when I tell them to remove it they have the gall to ignore me?! What ever happened to just conforming to my to my fascist fantasies?

Yeah, man. I understand completely. It's just the culture we live in. As the descendants of Caucasian puritans we need to remind women of their place in society. And we especially need to make sure that people know we disapprove of their fashion choices.

You know what we need? We need human supermarkets. A place where we can go shopping for the perfect partner, or maybe have one assembled from scratch if we can't find what we like.

My Mother didn't have tattoos either, I totally understand not finding a woman with tattoos motherly. Think of all those poor children being forced to view their trashy mothers as "motherly."

Despicable.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Famous people do it.

So if you have one, you could be famous one day too.

Personally i like colorful tattoos on women, but then ive not lived with a women that had one so i guess that position could change.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

Sorry but saying tattoo's on women are tacky is a matter of opinion.

I have 7 small "girly" tats that represent my personality. I get compliments on my Shakespeare tat on my inner forearm ALL THE TIME.

I worked in a bar for years and only ever heard ONE guy say he didn't like tats on women, ONE out of the thousands upon thousands.

It has been my experiences that the older generation 50 and up are the ones who dont like tats where mine, I'm 34, don't mind tats since like you said most everyone has one or more.

I dated a tattoo artist and I found his fully covered tattoo body sexy and basically a road map of his life.

Tattoo's can be nicely done and they can be done in a tacky manner. NEVER get a tattoo while drunk and any good tattoo artist wouldn't tattoo a drunk person.

I have the Eiffel Tower on my lower back, 2 Shakespeare quotes (one in between my shoulder blades and i mentioned where the other was) I have the Apple logo, yes that logo, on my left outer ankle, the Playboy bunny on my right outer ankle (was asked to do a college playboy spread yrs ago and said no so I got that as a reminder), the Fleur de Lis on my left inner wrist (not a Saints fan, it's for France) and the "B" from Buffy The Vampire Slayer on my right inner wrist (favorite show of all time).

Believe it or not I get many compliments on my tats. If someone doesn't like them that is fine it's their right but it's also my right to have them.

My husband doesn't like tattoos yet i have 7 and he has none

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

winofiend
PS, Ladies, do what ever the hell you want. Not all of us blokes are superficial sooks...

Thank you for this, I always enjoy your posts but today even more so.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

enament
reply to post by enament

I think my dislike for tattoos comes from my religious upbringing, and about not defiling your body.

Your premise:

A tattoo changes the natural state of the body, therefore, a tattoo is a defilement of the body.

By your logic:

Shaving your legs, wearing makeup, getting a haircut, and clipping your fingernails all fall under the category of a "defilement" of the body.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm a lover of tattoos, both on men and on women. I don't have any myself but not because I don't want them, simply because there are no tattoo artists anywhere near me and never has been. I am also not trashy or promiscuous in any way, i simply love art done well. Be it on canvas, paper, computer, the body, and everywhere else.

There are handsome tattoos and there are not so handsome tattoos. There is well done and not so well done, as well as many different styles.

They are not for men only.
It is anyones right not to like them, just as it is my right to love them on both genders.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

People are polite by nature most of the time. Even people who dislike tattoos will ask someone about their tattoos. Not too many people who dislike tattoos are going to express that opinion in front of someone who has them. Like I have said I have dated women with tatttoos,small ones never bothered me too much.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The untattooed only compliment you on a tattoo to 1) make conversation and 2) to keep from telling you how stupid you are to defile your body.

The tattooed are under the mistaken impression that anyone cares except to be visually offended by the grotesqueness of this so-called "art".

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As long as the woman hasn't got something like ''Jethro was here'' tattooed on her arse I don't mind. In other works, it depends on the tattoo, there are some beautiful works of art out there, tattooists these days can tattoo as good as other artists can paint on canvas. Watched a good docu last week called Tattoo Nation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join