It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot admits chemtrails and says they are a "necessary evil"........

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

My claim was that it went out of circulation a couple hundred years ago, as the history books tell me that that is the case.

You also said

Why dont you present the evidence for your claim that we knew this for thousands of years? you could get a nobel prize.

Give it up.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation

Onemanarmy:
Why dont you present the evidence for your claim that we knew this for thousands of years? you could get a nobel prize.

You:
Give it up.

Fair point.

Thank you.
edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmTue, 19 Nov 2013 14:42:04 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

OneManArmy
[

No, I merely quoted the "accepted" and "official" wisdom on the matter.

this regarding the earth being flat.

The "flat" earth has never been the "official" wisdom.

Greeks determined it was round some time about 600BC, it was definitively proved by a chap checking shadows down wells about 200BC AFAIK - and his measurements were pretty good considering!

There is a modern perception that is "accepted" that the ancients thought the earth was flat - but that is a myth - although it is a popular trope to beat some people with!!

All OT of course, but hopefully a little educational!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

OneManArmy
[

No, I merely quoted the "accepted" and "official" wisdom on the matter.

this regarding the earth being flat.

The "flat" earth has never been the "official" wisdom.

Greeks determined it was round some time about 600BC, it was definitively proved by a chap checking shadows down wells about 200BC AFAIK - and his measurements were pretty good considering!

There is a modern perception that is "accepted" that the ancients thought the earth was flat - but that is a myth - although it is a popular trope to beat some people with!!

All OT of course, but hopefully a little educational!

I was actually taught in school that it was the accepted wisdom before.
I can only blame my teachers.

The Flat Earth model is an archaic belief that the Earth's shape is a plane or disk. Many ancient cultures have had conceptions of a flat Earth, including Greece until the classical period, the Bronze Age and Iron Age civilizations of the Near East until the Hellenistic period, India until the Gupta period (early centuries AD) and China until the 17th century. It was also typically held in the aboriginal cultures of the Americas, and a flat Earth domed by the firmament in the shape of an inverted bowl is common in pre-scientific societies.[1]

Source

That would be a few hundred years ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

did you go to school in China??

From the wiki page:

During the 19th century, the Romantic conception of a European "Dark Age" gave much more prominence to the Flat Earth model than it ever possessed historically.

In 1945 the Historical Association listed "Columbus and the Flat Earth Conception" second of twenty in its first-published pamphlet on common errors in history.[7]

This belief is even repeated in some widely read textbooks. Previous editions of Thomas Bailey's The American Pageant stated that "The superstitious sailors [of Columbus' crew] ... grew increasingly mutinous...because they were fearful of sailing over the edge of the world"; however, no such historical account is known.[116] Actually, sailors were probably among the first to know of the curvature of Earth from everyday observations, for example seeing how mountains vanish below the horizon on sailing far from shore.

so yes, there was some nonsense taught for sure - be glad it is no more

edit on 19-11-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

did you go to school in China??

No, I went to one of those "state" schools in North London, lol.

Explains a few things eh?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
OK, On the subject of contrails Im going to have to take the logical route.
I have played devils advocate for long enough. The distinct lack of any real credible evidence as to contrails being chemtrails has lead me to simply have to admit defeat for now.

BUT..... I still believe that covert GE testing is taking place. I just cannot prove it.
The field is far too advanced and researched for it not to be IMHO.

I have found the debate to be very fun, emotional at times, and educational.

I would like to thank both Aloysius and Network Dude for the strength of their arguments.
I found you two to be most challenging to my position, for that I am grateful.

Truth be told, most of the evidence in support of chemtrails isnt evidence at all. Including the OP.
So with that said, I think I will actually bow out of this conversation, but happily this time.

Maybe we can debate some more credible evidence in the future.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Well, you see, on that score we aren't that far apart at all. I've often said (and I'm sorry that I wasn't in the mood to offer more challenging posts this time around, but I do get fed up of repetition and lack the patience of some others) that the *only* point I will dig my heels in and argue against are the claims that aircraft contrails are a deliberate spraying operation, or at least peoples certainty of it. The rest of it I am open to, but silliness like that just flabbers my ghast.

Incidentally, I too was taught in school about the flat Earth being believed in Columbus time, it just goes to show the importance of looking at all sources and not clinging to a preconceived idea.

Ciao baby.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

waynos

Well, you see, on that score we aren't that far apart at all. I've often said (and I'm sorry that I wasn't in the mood to offer more challenging posts this time around, but I do get fed up of repetition and lack the patience of some others) that the *only* point I will dig my heels in and argue against are the claims that aircraft contrails are a deliberate spraying operation, or at least peoples certainty of it. The rest of it I am open to, but silliness like that just flabbers my ghast.

Incidentally, I too was taught in school about the flat Earth being believed in Columbus time, it just goes to show the importance of looking at all sources and not clinging to a preconceived idea.

Ciao baby.

Before jumping into this thread(and the subject for that matter), I honestly didnt know where it was going to take me, although I did assume some credibility to the theory.
I picked my side and stuck with it.
One thing this thread has taught me more than any other is to be thorough when looking at all sources.
I tried very hard to fight the case for chemtrails, but the evidence kept coming up short.

Im really glad that Im not the only one that was taught about a flat earth being believed up till Columbus' era.

And I can also understand the frustrations of the guys that have to repeatedly debunk the same evidence, over and over and over again. You guys have more patience than me. Which initially lead to my assumptions of paid shills, I cant imagine anyone doing this out of "love" for the subject.
Keep up the good work. The truth will out.

edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmTue, 19 Nov 2013 16:33:30 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmTue, 19 Nov 2013 16:34:13 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Before jumping into this thread(and the subject for that matter), I honestly didnt know where it was going to take me, although I did assume some credibility to the theory.
One thing this thread has taught me more than any other is to be thorough when looking at all sources.
I tried very hard to fight the case for chemtrails, but the evidence kept coming up short.

Im really glad that Im not the only one that was taught about a flat earth being believed up till Columbus' era.

And I can also understand the frustrations of the guys that have to repeatedly debunk the same evidence, over and over and over again. You guys have more patience than me. Which initially lead to my assumptions of paid shills, I cant imagine anyone doing this out of "love" for the subject.

I think you deserve this...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

OneManArmy
BUT..... I still believe that covert GE testing is taking place. I just cannot prove it.

There is certainly GE taking place -

eg see this - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The field is far too advanced and researched for it not to be IMHO.

Hmm.......research is definitely taking place.......but personaly I do not see that research must indicate that "it" is therefore happening

I would like to thank both Aloysius and Network Dude for the strength of their arguments.
I found you two to be most challenging to my position, for that I am grateful.

You are welcome - and thanks!

Maybe we can debate some more credible evidence in the future.

If there is credible evidence then I'm probably going to believe it - even if it credible evidence of chemtrails!! Seriously!
edit on 19-11-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: tags

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

mrthumpy

OneFreeMan

mrthumpy

OneFreeMan

mrthumpy

OneFreeMan

They are blocking off the sun as they are spraying predominantly
in the southern aspect of the sky.

Stop being so self-centred, maybe they're blocking off the Northern sky for someone else.

Ummm, where is 'your' sun located in the sky just after midday mrthumpy?

Where would those trails be to someone standing 100 miles to your south? Think about it.

It is a localised effort. Their area is being sprayed also.
Is the midday sun in the northern sky for them? Think about it.

I see them right now laying trail after trail in front of the sun.
They are ruining what would otherwise have been a beautiful day,
necessary evil or not.
edit on 19-11-2013 by OneFreeMan because: (no reason given)

No the sun isn't in their northern sky but the trails you're seeing to your south would be. Therefore the trails are only blocking the sun from where you are not from where they are. Someone standing 100 miles to your north wouldn't see the trails at all.

Oh, you were seriously requesting that simple a consideration? I didn't realise.
Included in my answer is your answer. The trails in my portion of the sky are
localised to me and cover at max probably 10 to 15 miles north through south,
either direction, from my vantage point. Obviously someone 100 miles to my south
wouldn't be experiencing the same skies as me. But that doesn't mean that they don't
(and I know they do) experience their own private planes laying trails to block out
the sun in their southern sky.

maybe instead of writing self-centred you should have written sun-centred?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

waynos
reply to post by OneFreeMan

This has got to be a wind up. Even despite everything else you've posted, I would say that you CAN NOT be so stupid as to type this as a serious idea.

Surely to god, you at least have the brains to understand why that cannot be?

If I am wrong, and you aren't actually mocking the board with deliberate silliness, I would like to sell you some vinegar.
edit on 19-11-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

You misunderstand. He was asking me a kindergarten question when
I blindly gave him more credit.
More fool who, me wonders?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

OneManArmy

waynos

Ciao baby.

edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmTue, 19 Nov 2013 16:33:30 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmTue, 19 Nov 2013 16:34:13 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

Ask all these players about 9/11, Sandyhook, Boston bombings, the moon
landings, chemtrails etc. and you will find, down to a man, that they all support the
official stories offered up. Not that you need to know by going outside the chemtrail
threads, but that is really all you need to know!

They chemtrailed all day, and now it is stormy here.
No chemtrails yesterday. Very few planes. No trails.
Chemtrails today. Many many planes. Trails leading to complete overcast from clear blue sky.

Deliberate and in your face interference with weather patterns.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
So sad this was moved to the hoax bin, I guess the whole thing was staged????

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So how is this a hoax?
The same way sandyhook conspiracy is a ludicrous online lie, I suppose!

Chemtrails are a reality and what the guy said, with permission
to film or not, is true.
There are No grounds for calling the whole thread a hoax,
and it is a shame and disgrace.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

OneFreeMan
So how is this a hoax?

it was founded on no evidence in 1998 or 1999.

Yep.

Chemtrails are a reality ...

without a shred of verifiable evidence...

and what the guy said, with permission
to film or not, is true.

Indeed it is - and what did he ACTUALLY say about chemtrails??

Her's eth section from the transcript where chemtrails are mentioned:

Hans: Okay, just a question, do you know what is a chemtrail?
Pilot: what?
Hans: A chemtrail
Pilot: I do know what a chemtrail is
Hans: Yeah, and is it true?
Pilot: Well, er, there's a big debate

That's it - there's a debate.

somehow chemise have turned that into the pilot saying chemtrails exist or are a necessary evil.

What does he actualy say is a necessary evil??

Hans: Okay (turns camera away), but, do you believe it ... (inaudible)
Pilot: Um, well, I don't have enough information ... (inaudible) [pilot says he does not have enough information to "believe"]
Hans: Oh okay, because I saw a lot of videos on the internet, and it really looks, ah, believable.
Pilot: Well, it's arguable both ways I think [pilot says it is possible, and possible not]
Hans: Yeah?
Pilot: Depends on which side you're on, but [pilot says people have fixed opinions]
Hans: Yeah, but what is your personal opinion of it?
Pilot: I think that there is part of truth. [pilot says there is PART truth - videographer does not ask the obvious question - WHICH PART TRUTH]
Hans: Part of truth, yeah. Yeah, we should investigate, because when it's true imagine so many people they suffer, of this.
Pilot: Yeah, it's a, necessary evil, as you could say. [Pilot says something is a necessary evil] - last mention of chemtrails was ages ago - since then have talked about opinions, truths, part truths, youtube, personal opinions - but apparently the "necessary evil can only refer to chemtrails last mentioned 16 comments ago - and that is supposed to be conclusive]

the shame and disgrace is that people keep pushing this hoax without any verifiable evidence.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

OneFreeMan
So how is this a hoax?

it was founded on no evidence in 1998 or 1999.

Yep.

Chemtrails are a reality ...

without a shred of verifiable evidence...

and what the guy said, with permission
to film or not, is true.

Indeed it is - and what did he ACTUALLY say about chemtrails??

Her's eth section from the transcript where chemtrails are mentioned:

Hans: Okay, just a question, do you know what is a chemtrail?
Pilot: what?
Hans: A chemtrail
Pilot: I do know what a chemtrail is
Hans: Yeah, and is it true?
Pilot: Well, er, there's a big debate

That's it - there's a debate.

somehow chemise have turned that into the pilot saying chemtrails exist or are a necessary evil.

What does he actualy say is a necessary evil??

Hans: Okay (turns camera away), but, do you believe it ... (inaudible)
Pilot: Um, well, I don't have enough information ... (inaudible) [pilot says he does not have enough information to "believe"]
Hans: Oh okay, because I saw a lot of videos on the internet, and it really looks, ah, believable.
Pilot: Well, it's arguable both ways I think [pilot says it is possible, and possible not]
Hans: Yeah?
Pilot: Depends on which side you're on, but [pilot says people have fixed opinions]
Hans: Yeah, but what is your personal opinion of it?
Pilot: I think that there is part of truth. [pilot says there is PART truth - videographer does not ask the obvious question - WHICH PART TRUTH]
Hans: Part of truth, yeah. Yeah, we should investigate, because when it's true imagine so many people they suffer, of this.
Pilot: Yeah, it's a, necessary evil, as you could say. [Pilot says something is a necessary evil] - last mention of chemtrails was ages ago - since then have talked about opinions, truths, part truths, youtube, personal opinions - but apparently the "necessary evil can only refer to chemtrails last mentioned 16 comments ago - and that is supposed to be conclusive]

the shame and disgrace is that people keep pushing this hoax without any verifiable evidence.

My word is good enough for me. It is a deliberate effort as I testified to earlier.
You don't accept it. Fair enough.
It doesn't make it not true.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

And your word or your beliefs doesn't make it any more true.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

So how is this a hoax?

Chemtrails are a reality and what the guy said, with permission
to film or not, is true.

And here I thought you were being sincere with your earlier post.

I see now the true human nature at work.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join