It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN says they are 95% sure humans cause global warming

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It is worth remembering that at the end of the Cold War, "the envrionment" was moved to a national security policy issue . Our new "external threat" was brought to us by Zbigniew Brezenski.

"Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multi-cultural society, it may find it more difficult to fashion a consensus on foreign policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and widely perceived direct external threat." (p. 211) - taken from the Grand Chessboard.

What is this new external threat? Global Warming!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I can't argue with that. Since money/markets/currency is a man-made ideal, taxing our real world environmental issues is purely non-nonsensical. I don't agree with carbon taxes etc. as it will do absolutely nothing to change things. The only thing that we can do is simply consume less energy and resources which the majority will refuse to do.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Panic2k11
reply to post by Painterz

Star for you but I take exception to this phrase...

the only camp that has a vested interest in establishing a conspiracy about Global Warming is the oil industry

This is misleading, there are many vested interests even pro global warming the worst is carbon trading (banksters) but the forces opposing humans as the source aren't primarily the oil industry but the coal industry and then the gas industry, the oil industry has less to fear due to the unparalleled ration of energy per mass of its production that makes many other things that some nations depend workable (like feeding corn to cattle or to move large amount of produce by trucks even by air) something that would be hard to replace or even match by direct substitution, most would require restructuring supply networks and create alternative infrastructures like improving trains etc...

The major power in this battle is the coal industry especially when we are talking about the BRIC nations that are heavily dependent on coal and major exporters. Even so they have been willing to curb it but not nations like the US and Australia (see those that destroyed the Kyoto protocol effectiveness)...

Fair point, much more accurate had I said the hydrocarbons industry, rather than singling out oil. Because as you say, coal is the big culprit, and we're currently in a phase where the coal industry appears to have convinced governments around the world that the only solution to the energy crisis is to build more coal fired power stations.

Which is absolutely the worst case scenario for pumping out greenhouse gasses.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Yes the Earth goes through cycles. It has been hotter and colder. There has been more CO2 and less CO2. But these changes occur over thousands if not millions of years. Never have these changes been so abrupt.

How much time have you spent trying to find out if that statement has any basis in reality? Have you ever tried to understand how paleoclimatology works? What the scientists are really saying? What the challenges are to reconstruct past climate conditions? What the current state of knowledge is in the field? If there really are thousands of scientists all saying the same thing?

I'm not interested to convince you of anything, i find it as tiresome as you do. But i can tell you have never really checked.

Three scientific papers, all Consensus scientistis who are or have been lead authors for the IPCC.
I don't expect you to make any sense of what you're looking at, but just to give an idea how complex the science actually is. If you could flip a switch to instantly know what they know you would never, ever make such a statement again.

Keith Briffa

Jan Esper

Fredrik Ljungqvist

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

The Sun is shutting down.

The Earth's magnetic field is disappearing.

The Heliosphere (Sun's magnetic field) is weakening due to incoming cosmic rays.

I believe we are moving through a very turbulent area of the galaxy.

I believe we are entering an ice age.

The UN is FOS. This is an attempt at justification for a money grab from the masses and further implementation of Agenda 21.

Please see:

4MIN News September 27, 2013: They Blame You

and:

The Cosmic Ray Factor of a Solar Magnetic Shutdown

Blue Wolf

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I am kind of buying this, and I am kind of not.

Hows the view from the fence?

Its clear the temperatures of this plant have gone up and down all the time in the past and it seem like every other week there's a different report claiming the opposite from the last. I don't see any clear proof that its man made myself.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

deessell...
"Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multi-cultural society, it may find it more difficult to fashion a consensus on foreign policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and widely perceived direct external threat." (p. 211) - taken from the Grand Chessboard.

What is this new external threat? Global Warming!

America can't get Mexican immigrants to flush toilet paper down the toilet much less .... aw heck, I forgot my train of thought.

edit on 9/27/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Come on now, be good little peons and PAY THE UN your carbon tax, you nasty polluting sons of bitches!!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
UN Climate Change Report Dismisses Slowdown In Global Warming

Yet the planet has largely stopped warming over the past 15 years, data shows -- and a landmark report released Friday by the U.N.’s climate group could not explain why the mercury has stopped rising.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Suppose it doesn't really matter whether we believe it or not cos we will never agree what to do about it. However, unless you debunkers have skills/knowledge above the top world scientists who have come to this conclusion, then it seems a touch arrogant to dismiss the UN's findings like some of you are.

Sounds like we don't have too long to wait for 'proof' - if anyone needs anymore!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Are peopl still trying to push the 'global warming' propaganda?

My god.. Every winter I have experienced (here in Canada) since Al Gore (aka mr. Full of sh!t) has been just as 'normal' as the last year's. Give it a break people, stop listening to their bogus and spend more time in nature. Its only there you will find the signs of change, by power hungry men pushing for an agenda.

The Earth is doing its natural cycles. To us it may seem drastic, but what are our tiny minds/bodies in the scheme of planets and stars? The equal comparison would be; whats a cell within your biological makeup, compared to the entire body itself?

Nothing lol. Jsut a speck. Relax, let nature take its course, enjoy the ride.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There's a difference between global surface air temperatures and global heat content.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The oil cartels have not much to fear, that rhetoric is more about internal propaganda regarding dependency from external sources than anything else, generally speaking oil can't be replaced, the day oil availability (especially the rich crude like the one of Libya) ends, human society as is ceases to be viable. Starting from our capacity to feed all the people... and as soon as we are forced to rely again primarily on coal our faith becomes very very dire, talks about global warming then will be impossible...

That is why things like Agenda 21 come to be, there is no other way out of the problem, this is just one aspect of it...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Bit hazy, depends on the weather really.

I am on the fence because although I believe that the planet warming is a natural thing that occurs all the time, I also believe that we don't help it on it's natural course.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It use to be man caused global warning period.

Now its man caused around 50+% of global warming.

There trying to cover up the warming of the other planets and other things that prove that global warming is natural. and not man made.

When any group tries to cover up problems with there theories there is a problem with the whole theory.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Under HVAC calculations, each human is responsible for about 400 BTUs of heat. That multiplied by 6 billion or so means almost 3 trillion BTUs of heat. The UN demands billions to cease generating heat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join