It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know a cancer diet .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

spartacus699
Here's my philosophy...

The first step to beating cancer is to never get diagnosed. Because at least half the time they'll get it wrong, tell you that you have it, when infact you don't. No, anyone who would tell me I have cancer I'd tell them to F-off!

I doubt that honey. There are plenty of doctors who genuinely care about their patients physical and emotional well being. If you get diagnosed, the fastest thing you want to do is try to get rid of it. Get a second opinion if you are in doubt. I had no doubts because I felt a hard lump and also a mass near each other. Not only did I have an aggressive cancer, but two kinds of breast cancer. I was fortunate and got away with just a lumpectomy and am still here.

I think just about anyone would get overwhelmed with the diagnosis of cancer, but we must remember that it doesn't mean it is a death sentence for everyone. Today they have meds to help with the side affects. It's not like you're going around puking all the time. Those are two of the first things people think of: I'm gonna die, I'm gonna be sick all the time. Another biggie is losing all your hair. Depending on the type of cancer and what meds are used, you may or may not lose your hair. If you do lose your hair, it's better than losing your life and hair grows back.

Regular doctors visits are essential. Easier to cure it if caught early.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

spartacus699
Here's my philosophy...

The first step to beating cancer is to never get diagnosed. Because at least half the time they'll get it wrong, tell you that you have it, when infact you don't. No, anyone who would tell me I have cancer I'd tell them to F-off!

All due respect, but you don't know unless it happens to you. If I didn't listen to my doctors and research myself, I would be dying right now....

I NEVER thought it would happen to me. I am a VERY strong person, both physically, and mentally. When they told me I had cancer, I didn't freak out. I just said ok ....what do I need to do? They told me my options...I went home and researched it all for 3 days. I looked up everything, including foods, supplements etc. Then I cleaned out my fridge, and replaced everything with "super foods" high in CALORIES. The reason I stressed calories, was because I knew the chemo would cause weight loss, soI bulked up BEFORE starting, so I would have "spare weight to lose".....so I never got super skinny AND I never lost my hair.

It is ALL in your mental state. I got the facts, gathered my weapons....and got ready to fight and WIN.

So I did this....chemo and 8 weeks of radiation....and guess what? My doctor said she is amazed. To look at me, you would not even know I am sick ....neither the docs or myself can feel anything where the tumor was. I will have to get some MRIs and PET scans to confirm, but it looks
EXCELLENT!

The point I am making is, that you don't have to assume it is a death sentence, and you don't have to get mad and tell your doctor to go to hell...you just need to do exactly what you do in any other difficult circumstance....

Make a plan, and do what you have to do. I think I did the right thing.

Here I am today...about 6 months after diagnosis, and after chemo and radiation....because I prepared my body for the assault it was about to undergo....not much weight loss and still have my hair.....AND my LIFE!

That's me on the right....not too bad after all I've been through :p...just showing this to prove you CAN beat this if you FIGHT!!!

edit on 9/28/2013 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/28/2013 by StealthyKat because: sp

edit on 9/28/2013 by StealthyKat because: correction

edit on 9/28/2013 by StealthyKat because: Sorry about all the edits...stupid keyboard!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Uggggh I apologize for all the edits and double pics.....my keyboard is messed up and I have to keep going back to separate words

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Check this out....AWESOME resource page.
www.aicr.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I looked up some more things for you to check out. This is an excellent site, with lots of good info. After you read this article, look on the right side of the page...there are links to much more on cancer fighting foods and supplements

www.livestrong.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
On the flip side....here are the things anyone with cancer should AVOID....
www.livestrong.com...

and this....
www.livestrong.com...

Now, you will notice that some things contradict other advice earlier....it can get VERY confusing! For instance, I said earlier that chicken was good....you hear it isn't...and one of these articles says no meat ATALL!

You have to just take in all the information, write it down in a notebook, and bring it to your doctor. He/she can then tailor it to the patients individual situation.

Every person and case is different. The notebook thing was a lifesaver for me (literally LOL).

It helps so much because many times we go to the doctor, then leave and say.... "oh *beep* I forgot toask about that!"
Keep your notebook on your kitchen table, and whenever something pops in your head, jot it down. That way you won't forget to ask about it at your next appointment.

Last but not least is this. The patient should ALWAYS have someone come to appointments with them. There is an overwhelming amount of information to remember, from instructions, to appointment times, to tests needed to be done, etc etc....it is very hard to keep track of it all when you are sick, and not sleeping well, and on top of that, the pain medications and all that don't help memory.

So it is essential the patient have someone with them....and the notebook. Write down what the doctor says. I know most people think "well I can remember that, no biggie"...but I'm telling you it is not as easy as it seems. Also....have a section in the notebook with all the patients medicines (along with doses andtimes taken), and even whether are not they are receiving chemo or radiation etc. This is important because if the patient ever gets in an accident and has to go to the ER , and can't speak....the ER doc can look at the notebook and know what medicines the patient is on etc. This can prevent life threatening medicine mistakes in the ER.

I hope this helps...I wish I had known all this from the very beginning of my treatment....it would have saved me a lot of headaches LOL!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Last but not least is this. The patient should ALWAYS have someone come to appointments with them. There is an overwhelming amount of information to remember, from instructions, to appointment times, to tests needed to be done, etc etc...

Great advice. I had to laugh at this one because they gave me so much paperwork with information, booklets and lab slips and whatever, I ended up getting this pocketbook that was almost a briefcase. LOL I LOVED that thing! I could find everything easily. I had a datebook in there too. I would put my appointments in there and their appointment cards on my fridge. LOL I too had someone with me for all my appointments, but my husband was useless. LOL My sister was better. But my briefcase/purse was awesome!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Love the photo's stealthkat ,i hope Ann looks as well in a few months she is struggling at the moment...

I am checking out all the links you have provided thanks.

Son has taken time off work to go to all her visits with her.

Once again thanks illece

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I have heard of canabis oil for cancer ,i am sure if regular treatment does not work she will try anything to live as long as possible for her two little ones..
Thanks for your help sparticus.
illece

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Still thinking of Ann and wishing her well. Keep us posted.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

ohhhh trust me, if I had a dollar for every little lump I've felt under my skin I'd be a millionaire. Ya on the odd occasion I get a lump or something, and then a few weeks go by and it's gone. But if you went and saw 10 dr's about it, chances are at least 1 might tell you you have cancer and they need to cut it out. That's so dumb. Even if I was in a lot of discomfort the last places I'd ever go is conventional western medicine. You could so easily end up dead with them. There's tons of other better alternatives like, naturalistic, Chinese medicine, acupuncture, canabus oil, or simple things like: rest, plenty of clean water, deep breathing, laughter, etc etc. Dr's just want to do: pills, procedures, and operations to make money. That's it. There's nothing to do with curing anything.

edit on 29-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

O.O
I bet you have a black belt in good looking. That's why you're a survivor.

One important thing that I feel should be highlighted again is eating a diet to keep and maintain a neutralized body PH. I think I read that a PH of 7.2 is the target level for most individuals.

Since my mom was diagnosed earlier this year, I've been looking for all-natural things to help her. I started by researching things that grow in my area and there are a lot of things I found that were extremely beneficial. Right in my backyard. One interesting plant I found to be more beneficial than expected is the Dandelion.
And it's extremely common. As is Goldenrod.
edit on 29-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

spartacus699

ohhhh trust me, if I had a dollar for every little lump I've felt under my skin I'd be a millionaire. Ya on the odd occasion I get a lump or something, and then a few weeks go by and it's gone. But if you went and saw 10 dr's about it, chances are at least 1 might tell you you have cancer and they need to cut it out. That's so dumb. Even if I was in a lot of discomfort the last places I'd ever go is conventional western medicine. You could so easily end up dead with them. There's tons of other better alternatives like, naturalistic, Chinese medicine, acupuncture, canabus oil, or simple things like: rest, plenty of clean water, deep breathing, laughter, etc etc. Dr's just want to do: pills, procedures, and operations to make money. That's it. There's nothing to do with curing anything.

T o each his own....but we aren't talking about every little lump. In my case I has excruciating pain and that is what brought me to the ER. I am not one to run to the doctor over minor things. Had I NOT done what I did I would be dying right now. My doctor went over health foods, and many other "non medicinal" things to do. She was very conservative with medicines . Yes I had chemo and radiation, because in my case "laughter" wasn't going to cut it. Don't I WISH!

I am getting stronger everyday and most importantly, NOT dying LOL. I am positive I have this beat. So, apparently someone did something right. I hope you never get cancer, because I am not so sure you would fare as well ( I sincerely hope you never do). You can't laugh something like this away. Though a positive attitude is a must. You have the right to your own opinions, but I don't think you should tell people to ignore their doctor. And telling them to not get diagnosed? That is ridiculous...unless you WANT to die an agonizingly painful and slow death.

Also, you could be a little more sensitive in your wording...this is a serious thread and a very emotional subject, so perhaps tone down the telling your doctor to "F" off kind of stuff...just a thought.
edit on 9/29/2013 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by illece

She will....just stay positive, make sure she eats all those foods and "antioxidants" is the key word here.I wish her (and you) all the best!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

kimish

O.O
I bet you have a black belt in good looking. That's why you're a survivor.

One important thing that I feel should be highlighted again is eating a diet to keep and maintain a neutralized body PH. I think I read that a PH of 7.2 is the target level for most individuals.

Since my mom was diagnosed earlier this year, I've been looking for all-natural things to help her. I started by researching things that grow in my area and there are a lot of things I found that were extremely beneficial. Right in my backyard. One interesting plant I found to be more beneficial than expected is the Dandelion.
And it's extremely common. As is Goldenrod.

Well I don't know about that but I AM a survivor! LOL....I have heard of dandelions salad and all that, though I have never tried it. Have you?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I eat dandelion leaf in my salads. They're great when used in a spring mix layered on top of iceberg lettuce.

I haven't tried the roots though. The roots are extremely beneficial and are made into teas.
edit on 30-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

spartacus699

LOL! Doctors don't just find a lump and remove it. You have to have some kind of xray or ultrasound and a biopsy to see if the lump is cancerous. Sometimes they are not.

As I have told you before, an old friend of mine tried the cannibus route and he is dead! Rest and clean water is not ging to cure cancer, nor is deep breathing or laughter!

Millions of lives have been saved by traditional medicines. I truly believe that your response to cancer is fear based. Before I was ever diagnosed with cancer I always said I would take an alternative route if I were diagnosed with it. I was terrified of cancer and the dreaded chemo/radiation thing. However, when you are faced with that reality and have no time to spare, you find your courage to trust.

My team of doctors and nurses were amazing. They cared about my physical and emotional well being. I had no medical coverage and they found a source for me. I paid nothing for all my tests, appointments or treatments. I am alive after having two kinds of cancer and one was an aggressive cancer.

You have to understand that there really are doctors who genuinely care about their patients and they are not out to get you! If that were the case, there wouldn't be any doctors practicing medicine if all their patients were dead. Think about that for a minute!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Hi kimish, my dad loved all wild veg. so i have eaten dandelion i do find them strong ,i wonder if i dug a root up and planted it in a pot took of older leaves i would get some nicer tasting young leaves,quite sure Ann would try anything problem is she has no appetite at the moment cancer is in her lungs now but the hospital is going to drain her lung so appetite may get better.
illece

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Thanks stealthkat,you and all the others who have replied have really helped.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Your right Nightstar,about doctors looking at a patient and saying..You have cancer ,A year ago when Ann was diagnosed she was at the hospital three days having scans biopsies xray and a load of other things the girl who was having tests at the same time and was diagnosed with the same kind of cancer died two months ago of the disease ,Ann's has returned and it is now in lungs.
So like you said cancer can be cured or held at bay .........My very good friend uk today who has a thread on remote tarot reading and has helped me on many occasions says Ann will get better though she says she is not even sure remote readings work we are seeing how it goes with Ann to see if it can on this occasion .
ilece

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join