It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Guns out of Control: Shouldn't the World Intervene?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Bassago

No.
Why should "the world" intervene and who exactly is "the world" anyways?

And why are their guns a reason to act against them all of a sudden?
They have caused a global financial crisis, drew us into senseless wars based on lies... and no one batted an eye... but them killing each other is a reason?! Please...

It's none of our buisiness what they're doing over there.
As John Kerry said in Berlin, "U.S. Americans have the right to be stupid".
edit on 24-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

ColCurious
reply to post by Bassago

Bassago

No.
Why should "the world" intervene and who exactly is "the world" anyways?

And why are their guns a reason to act against them all of a sudden?
They've caused a global financial crisis, drew us into senseless wars based on lies... and no one batted an eye. So why is them killing each other a reason?

It's none of our buisiness what they're doing over there.
As John Kerry said in Berlin, U.S. Americans have the right to be stupid.

The title of the OP is not my personal opinion. I just used the title from the Guardian article. I was pointing out the round about way global media is hammering us on our guns. Last week it was Der Speigel.

Why should someone from the UK care? They shouldn't but the journalist's work for the globalist and they want us disarmed. That was the point.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Now we see how the many countries whose business we have stuck our noses in felt...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

ObservingYou

boymonkey74
reply to post by Bassago

No we shouldn't, it is their own business, they will either sort out gun control laws or let everyone walk about with them.
The gun culture is ingrained in the USAer's psyche, also what could the UN do? boots on the ground? never going to happen.

“"Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will pledge with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government."

- Henry Kissinger in an address to the Bilderberger meeting at Evian, France, May 21, 1992.

Just so you know...

Ronald Regan 26 Sept 1988
Credit where credit is due

edit on 9/24/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Bassago
The title of the OP is not my personal opinion. I just used the title from the Guardian article.

No worries, I know.

I was just answering the question in the title from my point of view.
Der Spiegel is German btw. and so am I, and thus considered it appropriate to add my 2c.

Good day Sir, S+F.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by XcoV1BGskID

it did. they are using the same syllabus stretched over longer periods evolved from different tyrants to make a more complex modus operandi.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

it would be like trying to take russia and vietnam at the same time. NWO would be all like "were here for your guns" we'd be like "no you gimme your guns. we pay your salary"

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The globalist oligarchy will wind up the traitorousness and enslaving tyrannies any and every way they can, it looks like.

May God have mercy on all of good heart.

May patriots defend each other and the Constitution in whatever fitting and Constitutional ways are left to us.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

urah!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

I think most nations would be out gunned just by Kentucky. That wouldn't go down very well.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

no idaho. its terrain has advantages.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Outside intervention? you have to be joking.
the veterans in the US take there Oaths seriously.

en.wikipedia.org...

Outside forces would have to deal with the training of our veterans by the VC to the training being given by our latest enemies.
Our troops are the best at fighting a guerrilla war because we have fought three now with veterans still alive that learned how they are fought.

Even Al-Qaeda used the war in Vietnam as to learn how to fight the US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
but they lost a lot of people because of it as the US military was already trained to fight that type war.

The international community needs to go after the Russians and china as they are the main suppler of weapons worldwide. who else supplies AKs and RPGs to terrorist and guerrilla wars for the last 50 years.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Small Arms Survey suggest that "between 70 and 100 million AKs have been produced since 1947

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by rockoperawriter

I think most nations would be out gunned just by Kentucky. That wouldn't go down very well.

They know better than land in Kentucky. They'll land in NYC where the already have a beach head.

Also we would have at least one ally against a possible UN action. The French would stand by us... er, behind us.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I find it really curious, the way other nations are currently looking at the US. From over here, people talk as if we are all lunatics.... a peoples going down the drain into madness driven by consumerism pushing us out of touch with reality.

The aggressivity our government shows in it's actions around the world makes others think that the regular american citizen acts the same on a daily basis, on a smaller scale. We're all trying to invade and dominate each other by blowing each other into smithereens.

I keep having to explain the people themselves are really quite nice and considerate (and ironically much more so than the french who are aggressive and hostile in everyday life, but with a passive government).

Yesterday I was listening to people at work talking about the Americans letting anyone carry guns (even blind people... some recent ruling ..?) and yet giving a Kinder Egg to a child can get you thrown in prison?

What strikes me is that so many other countries have much more extreme violence happening within them, and nobody considers such measures as necessary.

It seems to me to be a mix of seeing the Americans as being examples and world leaders for so long- they are setting the example for ideal civilized society, so they are held to higher standards (a normal expected part of being a leader)... and the perception that the violence is normal for others who are living in very poor conditions for survival- whereas it is not rational for such a developed and rich people to be acting as if they are struggling to survive in a desert.

That is the part that seems insane, I guess. That despite all the change and development that has happened in our country, we still act as if we just arrived on a savage land with hostile natives, and need to kill each other to secure a small territory and survival.

If we, despite all our innovation and effort, cannot become secure and peaceful,
Able to put down our fear and weapons,
Then that pretty much tells the rest of the world they can give up any hope- it isn't possible for anyone.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

well they have some okay jockeys they could be calvary. in order to form a type of pincer maneuver they would use chinas numbers to quell the criminals, supply other criminal factions with means of overrunning targets of opportunity to reduce numbers. one would think that if enough sleeper cell agents were programmed in certain fashions, they could even indoctrinate followers. this is where sun tzu would even see value in spies with such demoralizing qualities like being surrounded by dame points

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I again remind you all.
Nothing like America has existed before us. Our Republic is a first as are the Guerrilla power myself and all the rest of the vets represent.
We know no castes,just money. Our creativity is our bread and butter,not our warfare capability.A corrupt system is driving that. We do it but lately we have seen through their lies.Hell yes they want those gun we are quite scary.And WE ARE THE POLITE ONES!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

ColCurious
reply to post by Bassago

Bassago

As John Kerry said in Berlin, "U.S. Americans have the right to be stupid".
edit on 24-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

Just because it's their "right", it doesn't mean it should be mandatory to exercise it.

(Only joking)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I would say yes if "someone' starts using nerve gas. But if that were the case this country would explode into a civil war that no outsider would want any part of.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Comedy gold.

I haven't laughed so much reading a thread on ATS since the good ol' days of jedimiller.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

riiver
Now we see how the many countries whose business we have stuck our noses in felt...

I don't think we really care...its not like they can do squat.

The difference between us and ANY OTHER country is they just think like us, but we can act too.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join