It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Guns out of Control: Shouldn't the World Intervene?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Last week I posted a thread about gun control that originated from an editorial in Der Spiegel. My main point was media manipulation on the gun issue knows no bounds and if they can't get traction on the issue from this side of the pond they will launch their anti-gun attacks from the other.

This week it's the Guardian's turn to attack US 2nd amendment rights. The writer of this particular editorial waxes poetic on the horrors in American society caused by guns and actually makes a plea to the UN and indeed the rest of the world to step in and disarm our citizens.

American gun use is out of control. Shouldn't the world intervene?

as news of the latest massacre breaks – last week it was the slaughter of 12 people by Aaron Alexis at Washington DC's navy yard – and move on. But what if we no longer thought of this as just a problem for America and, instead, viewed it as an international humanitarian crisis – a quasi civil war, if you like, that calls for outside intervention?

If this perennial slaughter doesn't qualify for intercession by the UN and all relevant NGOs, it is hard to know what does.

There is absolutely nothing he [Obama] can do, which underscores the fact that America is in a jam and that international pressure may be one way of reducing the slaughter over the next generation. This has reached the point where it has ceased to be a domestic issue. The world cannot stand idly by.

Some may feel there is little likelihood of this ever happening but I'm not so sure. With the increasing US sovereign authority abdication to UN authority and the unceasing anti-2nd amendment attacks from the left this appears to be another part of a long term plan by the elites 1% and NWO.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

My response would be.
Start in Somalia first and leave us for last.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

No we shouldn't, it is their own business, they will either sort out gun control laws or let everyone walk about with them.
The gun culture is ingrained in the USAer's psyche, also what could the UN do? boots on the ground? never going to happen.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Comedy Gold! And the thing is, the author is serious and thinks we Americans care what he thinks.

The author has no clue. I won't say it will never happen as I've been proved wrong before. But it is highly unlikely.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

An actual attempt has already been made by the UN and I believe Obama is sympathetic to it or has actually signed it.

GUN OWNERS: Don’t Let Obama Sign UN Arms Trade Treaty

The New American reports that Articles 2, 3 and 4 of the Arms Trade Treaty give the UN the authority to apprehend the right of private citizens to: “own, buy, sell, trade, or transfer all means of armed resistance, including handguns.” Ammunition, parts and components also fall under UN purview.

This is a primary motivator for my attempts to awaken the American people to their need to defend the 2nd amendment.

This is not some nebulous theoretical argument.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

John Kerry is scheduled to sign the UN treaty tomorrow!!

Kerry to sign UN arms treaty, despite senators' opposition

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I just can't see how they are going to "collect" your guns, maybe they will stop the sale of new ones but heck Iam sure many of you could make one.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

If they wanted to purposely start a war they should intervene, maybe thats the end game in all this. Thats why homeland security is buying billions of hollow tips, and military equipment. Maybe that's why fema camps are popping up. They want a American civil war, and if we dont do it in response to the obvious corruption with in in the worlds elites and the decision makers of America, they will give us a little push igniting a war on terrorism on American soil.

link   
Just let them try. There will be a gun behind every blade of grass as one quote goes. There isn't a nation or group of nations suicidal enough to give it a go.

link   
if the un wants to interviene, just keep in mind that this nation bore george s. patton. good luck. we will not take prisoners. if only one percent stand up against the un, we will still win this war. to anybody in the uk who thinks they can interviene,

remember when william wallace sacked york? america is bigger, meaner and nastier than scotland cause us highlanders settled there
edit on 24-9-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Seriously. If all this soul-crushing globalist/anti-sovereignty BS weren't so dangerous and sad it'd be hilarious. If it were only those ninnies who were facing permanent enslavement I'd say, "Fine. The sooner the better that they learn what they're asking for."

But no, this affects us all. And if they can't see it—too bad. Let them run to the UN and NGOs and cry their little eyes out.

We will still oblige them come and get 'em....

edit on 9/24/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

No I don't it happened before I was born, but please don't go all Alex Jones against your close pals here in the UK when we have not said we want to take your guns.
It is more like your own Government what wishes to do so.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Grimpachi
Just let them try. There will be a gun behind every blade of grass as one quote goes. There isn't a nation or group of nations suicidal enough to give it a go.

Well, if it happens, I say...Come get some!

edit on 24-9-2013 by TDawgRex because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

DocHolidaze
reply to post by Bassago

If they wanted to purposely start a war they should intervene, maybe thats the end game in all this. Thats why homeland security is buying billions of hollow tips, and military equipment. Maybe that's why fema camps are popping up. They want a American civil war, and if we dont do it in response to the obvious corruption with in in the worlds elites and the decision makers of America, they will give us a little push igniting a war on terrorism on American soil.

Yep, ratchet up the international rhetoric and maybe then they'll have that little push they want. They've done a standup job on the economy now disarm them.

I don't see this as an immediate plan, the NWO are just stepping up the heat. Still if they think the ME is dangerous wait until the UN shows up here and tries something like this. Of course they may not show up until after a civil war breaks out and millions are already dead.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It is a proven fact law abiding gun owners in the USA help protect more people from evil thugs wanting to kill people by being there with the gun to stop the thug.

American guns save more lives than are taken - and no matter the laws - criminals will always get guns so what to do.. just let these thugs go around killing people - i don't think so.. this author is all washed up and hasn't a clue what he's talking about.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The U.N. is a disgrace. These broke nations that depend on America's wealth are trying to backdoor their way into the arms trading game. This is just pathetic all the propaganda "enlightened" and people who "aren't brainwashed" spew about America's guns military and economic strength and national debt. Even worse then foreign propaganda are "enlightened" Americans who have no idea about world economics, politics, or nations military capabilities.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by Bassago

The U.N. is a disgrace. These broke nations that depend on America's wealth are trying to backdoor their way into the arms trading game. This is just pathetic all the propaganda "enlightened" and people who "aren't brainwashed" spew about America's guns military and economic strength and national debt. Even worse then foreign propaganda are "enlightened" Americans who have no idea about world economics, politics, or nations military capabilities.

I totally agree. I believe that the UN has become a "entitlement" organization. What problem have they ever solved on the world stage? Not one to the best of my knowledge.

I think it is time to kick that org off American soil.

The League of Nations didn't work either. At least the U.S. had the sense to stay out of that boondoggle.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

who? look what i'm saying is the villagers in my lai, had no guns. only people there on a police action did. i live in a place where all you have to do is fill out two pages, the clerk calls the sheriff, you get a rifle that has probably killed a few jerries near stalingrad and you can walk home with it slung over your shoulder and full pouch of shells so long as the magazine and breech are clear. why? because when i did that, i took on the responsibility in the defense of my household just as i did when i first began learning unarmed combat. also saying that only some guns should be banned is simply a steppingstone to further legislation when with Charles Whitman he got shot and killed for his attempt at a killing spree. i mean england never caught jack the ripper who used medical tools also the government should be fearing us not the other way around baby yeah!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by seeker1963

I just can't see how they are going to "collect" your guns, maybe they will stop the sale of new ones but heck Iam sure many of you could make one.

The question should never be 'how will they implement the policy', it should be 'why are they defying the law of the land, the spirit of the constitution and the will of the people'.
edit on 24-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Sorry dude I have no clue what Jack the Ripper has to do with the subject...Nor anything to do with us Brits, Iam only lending my opinion that it will never happen and is up to you lot to decide not the UN.
edit on 24-9-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join