It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a weird ability that I haven't told hardly anyone about....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You might want to have your blood pressure and retinas checked, or just talk to a doctor in general about this.

Seeing “heat” like you are describing can be due to issues such as retinal detachment. This can be affected by your blood pressure, which is why you can make it “go away”. What you are actually doing is lowering your blood pressure, and making the “evil” disappear.
edit on 9/23/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Given that the OP seems opposed to getting answers to his question which disagree with the interpretation he has already come up with, I realize my time is probably wasted, but for those that may be legitimately interested, here it goes.

One of the users who initially replied, BardingTheBard, was on the right track. We -constantly- take in information subconsciously. About people, places, objects, whatever. We get "vibes" about places all the time. Sometimes they are correct, sometimes they aren't. But if one believes that they are sensing good (God even, apparently) and evil, that can have a physical effect on your body.

The phenomenon is known as Phosphene.

This part in particular could explain away this whole thread, but who am I kidding?

“Seeing stars” is another common phosphene or visual effect that can occur, and is most common immediately after blowing your nose, intense laughter, a sneeze, a heavy cough, a blow to the head, or standing up too quickly. However, these phosphenes are usually the result of mechanical or metabolic stimulation, as opposed to spontaneous activity. Low blood pressure, low oxygenation or a lack of glucose are most common causes of metabolic stimulation.

Rule one about investigating the paranormal is to rule out all natural explanations for a situation before assigning a supernatural one.

Edit: A star for Defcon5. Didn't see the third page when I replied. You hit the nail on the head.
edit on 23-9-2013 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What a lot of people don't realize is that your body has a sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. This includes the Vegus nerve which controls your heart. That is why its not uncommon for people to have a heart attack when they strain while going to the bathroom. You can stimulate your parasympathetic system without even being consciously aware of it, and it in turn can effect your heart rate, which in turn effects your blood pressure, and again in turn can cause various hallucinations. There are quite a large number of posts on ATS claiming paranormal abilities or events, that can be attributed to a list of medically known hallucinations. As Morgenstern89 is stating, you have to eliminate what is obvious before you can claim something is extraordinary.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

A good valid post however you seem to be assuming that the OP has not ruled out all natural explanations. We are trained since birth what is acceptable and what is fantasy or imaginary. Most people would probably take a long time before accepting that something is possibly paranormal and this has gone on for a long time according to the OP.

Only the person experiencing something has first hand knowledge and the best chance to make a valid determination of what is going on.

Personally for me some kind of life after death is a fact, although not provable to anyone without experiences it doesn't make it less a fact. Just like the fact is that the world was never flat regardless of what popular beliefs were and regardless of not being able to prove it before.

There are many things that are unexplainable in science and as such get written off as fantasy, imagination or something similar. Personally I love science and all of our accomplishments but it is limited and our knowledge of things is extremely limited. We also limit our ability to learn or understand when so many things get written off immediately as crazy, imagination or so on.

I have been pretty empathic in the past and able to tell other peoples feelings but never anything like this. I find it very interesting and possibly a valuable tool that could be used to help others. It makes me wonder if being in a place with such a bad vibe, entity, energy or whatever you want to call it, could influence people either to act more negatively or more positively.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You must have a way to fine-tune your gift? Care to give any tips on your abilities, you can pm me if you wish too.

Thank you in advance.. Trinity

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

Meditation. That is the most important way. I don't seek the gifts though, I've always tried to bend my antenna down, its only after alot of events that I came realize its a gift. But to me, seeking enhancement, its akin to seeking power. I believe we are infinite parts of infinity, we are 1000 X and more, than superman.
If we are to activate, it will because we love, we purify the negative in us. We're here to Love, to overcome lower primitive mind.

When the viel lifts, various things have contributed: energy such as cme's, so much energy I feel like I'm discharging static nonstop, which occurs at times. Water, even doing the huge pile of dishes my big family creates. That is connection with the grid. Contact, all my life, and some of it gives me recognition. I know them.

Fpr those who are really doing deep work within, meditation, chakra's, mindlessness, hemisync, binaurals, all help. I created my first thread loading it with frequencies, the kind that jar memories, and unite the left and right hemispeheres.

But pure of heart, reporting for duty, asking to help, wishing to wake up to help, these are truly the things that matter.

Simply asking and setting intentions, seeking your own soul and inner knowledge, and asking for awareness, for insight, for your gifts to come through as you work through your flaws.

edit on 23-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thank you Love is always the answer!

Blessings

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
hey OP,

How about sound? Really. I sometimes hear people talking as if they are speaking through a paper towel cardboard tube, muffled like. Besides the bad air you see is the sounds of voices muffled, too? Other times for me the voices in a room are clear as a bell.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

BardingTheBard
reply to post by spartacus699

People have synesthesia from childhood. Age isn't a factor.

What is "spirit" and what is "real"? The image you "see" is "spirit". It doesn't exist "out there" as you see it... it's ephemeral and has no actual tangible substance. The sounds you hear are "spirit"... the only thing that exists is the vibration. The "sound you hear" is 100% a "spiritual" experience. It's not "earthly"... it's "higher" and less "physical" than the vibrating air.

By taking things that some people only detect via emotion and being able to visualize it... you are in a way... having a "vision" of "emotion" the way some would say they have a "vision" of prophecy, etc.

This is why I'm not discounting your interpretation... only providing some context that might be valuable in your research and possibly find even more kindred spirits in unexpected places. Some of the things that people can see and do with synesthesia is pretty astounding... and for some highly useful for interacting with the world around them.

Relating it to the semi-mechanical synesthetic experience no more diminishes the spiritual aspect than the mechanical process of eating food diminishes the spiritual aspect of nourishment and the relationships between beings.
edit on 23-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

You know some people just want to believe what they want to believe,

There is nothing you can do to either change their mind and nor should you try.

Let them discover their reality in in their own way, after all infinity is big enough for all of us

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

If you are a Christian I wouldn't worry to much about them following you home, you can kick them out with prayer, just don't ever try to do it with your physical strength and do not provoke them to anger. I can usually sense an evil entity when they are close. They don't seem to take form very often unless it is very dark. It's never a good idea to go looking for demonic entities unless you really believe it is something God wants you to do, and sometimes they are going to follow you home regardless of whether or not you have gone looking for them, they really are everywhere. The majority of them are spirit form, they were once the nephilim mentioned in the Bible. Humans don't get up and walk around after death we rest, these guys find no rest and they are looking for another physical body to inhabit. They can seem friendly, they can offer you power, knowledge, money but it comes at a high price and people almost never see the sticker price until they have already gone past the point of return. They can still be helped and set free, they just often can't do it alone at that point and the majority are too ashamed to ask for help. They are very real and in no way harmless.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

spartacus699
reply to post by Bleeeeep

science will always try and explain away spiritual things. They're stupid.

the same can be said about spiritualism.

only science has had a lot more success.

calling scientists stupid shows you have no idea whats going on

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Here ya go mate. You should go for it!
www.randi.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
How've you considered seeing your doctor, or a psychiatrist?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

TiM3LoRd

Let them discover their reality in in their own way, after all infinity is big enough for all of us

What is the point of having this amazing marketplace of ideas if we never swap perspectives?

When someone sets up their fruit stand and offers the fruits of their labor for others to peruse... why not engage them and see if there are any transactions that are worth both your whiles?

I agree with everything except the "nor should you try". I certainly don't want to be left to share my experiences and have nobody with alternative perspectives communicate with me their alternatives. How would learning ever happen?

It's up to me to decide if I like what they are offering enough to be willing to take it for a spin.

Certainly you aren't suggesting that "discover reality in their own way" shouldn't include coming into contact with other people and other perspectives? Isn't starting a discussion for others to share their thoughts precisely discovering reality in their own way?

Notice you were trying to change my mind.

More to the thread: Paranormal/unexplained experiences are precisely the place where we benefit most from collecting and comparing lots of experiences that seem potentially related to see where there is overlap and where they differ to see if anything can be deduced/understood. Especially since funded scientific research and organized theology isn't going to do it for us, at least not at the moment.
edit on 24-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

BardingTheBard

TiM3LoRd

What is the point of having this amazing marketplace of ideas if we never swap perspectives?

When someone sets up their fruit stand and offers the fruits of their labor for others to peruse... why not engage them and see if there are any transactions that are worth both your whiles?

I agree with everything except the "nor should you try". I certainly don't want to be left to share my experiences and have nobody with alternative perspectives communicate with me their alternatives. How would learning ever happen?

It's up to me to decide if I like what they are offering enough to be willing to take it for a spin.

Certainly you aren't suggesting that "discover reality in their own way" shouldn't include coming into contact with other people and other perspectives? Isn't starting a discussion for others to share their thoughts precisely discovering reality in their own way?

Notice you were trying to change my mind.

More to the thread: Paranormal/unexplained experiences are precisely the place where we benefit most from collecting and comparing lots of experiences that seem potentially related to see where there is overlap and where they differ to see if anything can be deduced/understood. Especially since funded scientific research isn't going to do it for us, at least not at the moment.
edit on 24-9-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

lol my apologies.

As you were sir.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

/salute and hug

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

So people in a swimming pool are evil huh?
haha

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

spartacus699
Okay this is weird...

I have a weird ability that I haven't told hardly anyone about.

Would this sentence have the opposite meaning of "I have a weird ability that I have hardly told anyone about?"

Anyway, belief like yours is inclined to prejudice.

It's kind of like worse than women deciding in the first couple minutes of meeting a man if she would have intercourse with him.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Very interesting,do you see Like little particules,miniature lines and dots?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

That's interesting never heard of that before, well maybe it is some kind of a spiritual gift.
Did you realize your posted your message at 1:11 am? That 11:11 thing again, I am one of those people who see that number quite often.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join