It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Members Mistreat Homeless Man in Church Unaware It Is Their Pastor in Disguise

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

edit on 22-9-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

fluff007
reply to post by BristolStew

I do not know... I did a search for it ad found it was on other forums and on a couple of websites that I wasn't sure if they were legit or not.

And seemingly as a previous poster pointed out it is fake. However I think the story speaks for itself.. The moral of the story is a good one. Whether or not the incident actually took place...

geez...a fake religious story to advance the religious belief?...(rolls eyes)...what next?...pearly white gates entrance to heaven?....or 72 virgins awaiting in heaven?...pick your own "story"

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I wonder how many members he lost.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A great story regardless of the reality of it, it contains truth.

The name "Steepek" sounds like a Czech name, a good choice for the pastor's "made up" name in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

jimmyx

fluff007

I do not know... I did a search for it ad found it was on other forums and on a couple of websites that I wasn't sure if they were legit or not.

And seemingly as a previous poster pointed out it is fake. However I think the story speaks for itself.. The moral of the story is a good one. Whether or not the incident actually took place...

geez...a fake religious story to advance the religious belief?...(rolls eyes)...what next?...pearly white gates entrance to heaven?....or 72 virgins awaiting in heaven?...pick your own "story"

A fake religious story to advance the goodwill towards those not as fortunate as ourselves.
Goodwill towards others is hardly a religious belief. Its just the right thing to do.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Funny, if this was a fake story on Any religion other than Christians how quick would it be hoax binned?

Does say something about people's expectation of Christians though it's so quickly jumped on, still shaming even if false.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I would dare say Jesus's apostles had no churches. It's true they attended churches in the early Christian movement, but did not hold a position inside the churches beyond an apostle. "Where two or more are gathered in my name, there am I also"
I think that was more the situation of the day. Of course they drew multitudes occasionally and proclaimed the teachings of Christ, but I really don't think "Churches" really were popular until well after John was released from confinement on the island of Patmos. That came about as a new pro-Christian Emperor was replacing the previous anti-Christian Emperor.

In other words, it was to risky to be caught even practicing Christianity, let alone be in a church, group, building, area/field, anywhere where they could easily be rounded up. They risked their lives by doing that.

As for the pastor, yes it was misrepresenting himself for effect. That in itself was likely ill received. But then for some it's a social status being in church. Credibility suffers with these kind of performances.
I also believe this story was fiction, as many of this type are...... further harming Christianity or alienating members.
edit on 22-9-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Christianity's finest hour.
/sarcasm off

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Yeah it seems this story is fake : (hoax expert Snopes.com recently took up the case...)

This is probably correct.

However, NEVER trust what Snopes says, it has been exposed as a disinformation tool.

A good rule to live by is to always believe the opposite of what propaganda says.

Snopes is just another propaganda arm funded by George Soros & 100% pure DISINFO.

A warning . . . apparently you CANNOT rely on Snopes. They may be part of the media that is working to suppress the truth or spreading disinformation. Snopes apparently never fact-checked and simply 'parroted' the propaganda and lies taken from government websites or spewed forth by ...

Snopes' Credibility Damaged

Snopes is a large part of the liberal propaganda machine ...

I have submitted several things to Snopes which I know to be true that Snopes claimed were bogus. Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros; a big time supporter of Obama! Yep you got it; Snopes Lied!

Snopes funded by Soros.. and people are still stupid enough to believe it

Is Snopes A Disinformation Operation?

For those of you that put your trust in Snopes...

Many of the emails that have been sent or forwarded that had any anti Obama in it were negated by Snopes. I thought that was odd. Check this out.

Snopes, Soros and the Supreme Court's Kagan. We-l-l-l-l now, I guess the time has come to check out Snopes! You don't suppose it might not be a good time to take a second look at some of the stuff that got kicked in the ditch by Snopes, do you?

We've known that it was owned by a lefty couple but hadn't known it to be financed by Soros!

Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros, a big time supporter of Obama! In our Search for the truth department, we find what I have suspected on many occasions.

LINK

edit on 22-9-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

OneManArmy

jimmyx

fluff007

A fake religious story to advance the goodwill towards those not as fortunate as ourselves.
Goodwill towards others is hardly a religious belief. Its just the right thing to do.

"goodwill towards others is hardly a religious belief"...I agree, of course it isn't, but it is portrayed as such...that is my "beef" with the story...common people of no religious backround or affiliation do kind, and selfless deeds everyday, but are hardly ever recognized for it. but, if you put it in the contextual area of religion, it achieves prominence and respect for that particular religious belief. with that, over time, one could claim a beneficial behavior based on a religious organization, rather than the track record of it's actual participants.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

benrl
Funny, if this was a fake story on Any religion other than Christians how quick would it be hoax binned? Does say something about people's expectation of Christians though it's so quickly jumped on, still shaming even if false.

Agreed...

Snopes is just another NWO financed site filled with nothing but LIES.

Snopes is just ONE out of millions of sites that endlessly repeat the lies that "they" have been telling us.

In this article they call the book of Revelation an "ALL PURPOSE BEFUDDLING WORK".

Clearly a dead give away that exposes the real stealth agenda behind the facade.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

jimmyx

OneManArmy

jimmyx

fluff007

"goodwill towards others is hardly a religious belief"...I agree, of course it isn't, but it is portrayed as such...that is my "beef" with the story...common people of no religious backround or affiliation do kind, and selfless deeds everyday, but are hardly ever recognized for it. but, if you put it in the contextual area of religion, it achieves prominence and respect for that particular religious belief. with that, over time, one could claim a beneficial behavior based on a religious organization, rather than the track record of it's actual participants.

I think the historical involvement of christianity with the founding of the USA and the western cultures including social and liberal ideas, do stem directly from christianity. Our laws are based in christianity.
Im no christian, but even I cannot deny its relevance to the western world, and its beneficial qualities cannot really be rationally denied.
That being said, it has also been used as justification for evil. So like all "ideas" they are a double edged sword. How "ideas" are interpreted by us is what guides which side of the sword is being used.
This applies to religion and politics. In a way they are pretty much the same thing.
Control of the masses.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Brilliant!

Absolutely Brilliant!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Kudos for that pastor! Some righteous people who preach and declare they follow the life of Jesus Christ's teachings are some of the biggest hypocrites. They think as long as they go to Sunday services it makes them holier than thou. Outside of church, they're the biggest group of judgmental, racial, and mean spirited group of people you wouldn't want to declare as a friend.

My own mother was a perfect example of this, not to mention a few other relatives. The number of priests and preachers who have been caught in moral failures has proven the hypocrisy of religion.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

WeRpeons
The number of priests and preachers who have been caught in moral failures has proven the hypocrisy of religion.

No, it simply proves the hypocrisy of people.

Religion is just an idea, it doesnt think, its an inanimate thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

kingofmd

Annunak1

Thats the problem these days with religious people. They all act like they are better then others but they are JUDGING others. Thou shall not judge.
hypocrits

Is that a judgement?

Christians are the ones bound by a fictional book ... that BOOK states not to judge.. and then the people who 'follow' it yammer on about not judging. YET they are among the MOST judgemental.

Non-Christians are not bound by the whole 'don't judge' crap, so..

you there, Mr. "is that a judgement?".... it is ONLY HYPOCRITICAL if CHRISTIANS judge others.. you see, it is THEIR beliefs..

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

A lot of people on here are like the people in the "story".

It does not matter if the story is "true" or fiction, the moral of the story is a good one.

Too many people are missing the true meaning of the story whether it is true or not.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

OneManArmy

WeRpeons
The number of priests and preachers who have been caught in moral failures has proven the hypocrisy of religion.

religion is like a malware virus.. it works under the reverse/psychology aspect.

don't sin ... why church kids, especially preachers kids, are the biggest wild childs..
don't judge ... why church people play Judge Judy 24-7 with all aspects of life
don't be greedy ... ever looked in a church parking lot!! yeah new car isn't greedy.. finding a beater with a heater and spending the extra money on doing Christian things.. yeah right!

the whole religion scam is just that.... a SCAM... a VIRUS on a computer.. looks good and installs, works like crap, yet the computer thinks it is great!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

HanzHenry

OneManArmy

WeRpeons

religion is like a malware virus.. it works under the reverse/psychology aspect.

don't sin ... why church kids, especially preachers kids, are the biggest wild childs..
don't judge ... why church people play Judge Judy 24-7 with all aspects of life
don't be greedy ... ever looked in a church parking lot!! yeah new car isn't greedy.. finding a beater with a heater and spending the extra money on doing Christian things.. yeah right!

the whole religion scam is just that.... a SCAM... a VIRUS on a computer.. looks good and installs, works like crap, yet the computer thinks it is great!

we live in a world of sin, judgement of others and greed so obviously christianity has failed.

Religion is a moral guideline, we are the virus that corrupts the information inside. And then we are the ones that disseminate the corrupted messages.
edit on 20139America/Chicago09am9amSun, 22 Sep 2013 09:59:56 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Interesting.

Well it is true there are a lot of fake Christians, although Christians are not perfect nor should they claim to be. Christians just acknowledge they are sinners and they need Jesus. Those who are not Christians won't admit to this and live in their sin until death.

I wonder what would happen if he walked into an strip club or bar, would he been treated any better?

Side note: Religion and true Christianity are oppose to each other actually, religion is man made ideas, Christianity is simply a relationship with Jesus Christ and God the Father accepting him as Lord.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join