It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome UFO footage taken over Germany.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by subby

If you are serious about the UFO issue then you had better retain a sceptical and objective attitude or you will be easily duped by some snikkering geeks who've too much time on their hands, as is the case here. I don't know who is worse, the twats who make these videos or the people who eagerly swallow this manure.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

seabhac-rua
reply to post by subby

If you are serious about the UFO issue then you had better retain a sceptical and objective attitude or you will be easily duped by some snikkering geeks who've too much time on their hands, as is the case here. I don't know who is worse, the twats who make these videos or the people who eagerly swallow this manure.

Look, I'm not saying that the videos are definitely genuine, but, I am saying that in my opinion, as there are two independent videos of the same event, this is a compelling case. I don't have any further evidence that this is genuine and I'm not an expert in video analysis, but, there is currently more evidence to suggest that it's real than to suggest it's faked. If you believe that the two people who filmed the videos collaborated to create a hoax, then prove it. Otherwise, no-matter how much it looks like CGI, the fact that there are two different videos of the same event provides some hard evidence that this is more than a simple hoax.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

OneManArmy

gortex
reply to post by OneManArmy

Do you have any background evidence to support your assumption?

It was pointed out by ShadellacZumbrum on page two that when the main object blurs and shoots of the other object blurs as well yet goes nowhere...it is CGI

Yes because if I was a CGI faker I would obviously make such a blindingly obvious mistake in my frame by frame interpretation of UFO's.

We dont make CGI on ZX Spectrums anymore, we use good hardware where even the most convincing fakes can be made.

Then this is just a bad fake. Case closed.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by subby

I think if somebody can go to the trouble of making a CGI video like this then to make a second one with slightly different angles and light filters/colours or whatever wouldn't be such a big deal. Why on earth you or anyone would simply just accept that these videos are made by two separate and independent individuals is beyond me, you definitely wouldn't get a job as an investigator that's for sure!

How good are your powers of observation? Put a pair of earphones on and watch both these videos again. Do you notice how the camera movement in both videos has an almost identical pattern? Listen to the ambient sounds, you can hear noises of movement yet they do not correlate with the camera movement, we hear vocal exclamations in both clips yet the camera movement is constant and unaffected. This is artificial camera movement, and what's better is that we see it in not one but two videos for comparison.

These videos are fake, period.

For the record I am very interested in the UFO phenomenon, I hate it when I see people being fooled by fakery, it makes a mockery of this subject.

Regards.

edit on 22-9-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

The cameras don't follow identical patterns and the movement of the frame appears natural to me, not like the obvious algorithmic movements of a CGI programme. The ambient sounds appear totally congruent to the visuals - the first video contains just breathing sounds and the second traffic sounds - the traffic is out of the frame, so how can you suggest that it doesn't correlate? As for the frames not moving erratically when the video-makers exclaim, that's pure conjecture. All you have are opinions.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by subby

Well, at least you addressed my points.

Sadly you seem to want to believe these videos are legit. I could spend some time giving you examples of actual hand held footage verses these very obvious unnatural videos, but I have a hunch that that time would be wasted. I mean seriously, you do not see that the camera movement in each video is so similar as to be highly suspicious? This isn't a court hearing you know, it's not about my opinion verses yours, its about being objective, I do not think you are being so.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If this video is not a hoax and is very real this is shocking UFO footage.How this stuff is not on mainstream media is crazy and beyond comprehension.I grow sick and tired of the people who scream Real or Fake when true evidence has never been tested to even prove it either way.
If it is real though as I have said it is one the best videos ever and incredible and at the same time major shocking and bizarre.
edit on 22-9-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

Also if people are hoaxing it and then laughing who the heck cares because the phenomenon is still real anyways.
edit on 22-9-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Jobeycool

Also if people are hoaxing it and then laughing who the heck cares because the phenomenon is still real anyways.

Who the heck cares?

Why do you think that the UFO subject is treated with disdain and even mockery by almost all mainstream institutions? Why do you think that the majority of people will not open their minds to the subject of UFOs when there are deliberate and serious hoaxers out there? The people who make videos like these are doing a great job of keeping the UFO subject in the realm of ridicule, to be dismissed as a joke whenever serious inquiry is attempted, if you can't recognize that then you are a fool. Hoaxes, like these videos, are a handy tool for government agencies to use when there is public demand for an inquiry into an actual incident, and you say "who the heck cares" that's great.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there is more to the video? or is this it? If this is it, then it is a probable fake. In my time looking at all sorts of "UFO" videos, I have noticed that most videos that have a lack of context to them turn out to be faked.

ETA: When I say context I mean we don't ever get a sense of where the camera man is, nor does he give us an approximate distance between him and said objects. He never zooms out or in, leads me to think it is faked.
edit on 9/22/1313 by gr1ill3d because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/22/1313 by gr1ill3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just bumping this from page five:

Look closely. Notice anything odd?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

What do you see?

What I really would wish for is some kind of software that can track and trace the movement of a fixed point on the footage, like the bright star beneath the 'UFOs'. As I have stated in previous posts, I believe the camera movement in both videos to be artificial.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Mods, why are you letting this run on or at least move it into the hoax forum. The OP's video has been proven to be faked, the owner of the vid is a known hoaxer and all this was known by page 3 iirc.

All that's happening here are people who could not be bothered to read the whole thread are still arguing over its authenticity.

Sorry ladies and gents, if a PROVEN fake...Thread needs to end or moved to hoax.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Mclaneinc
Mods, why are you letting this run on or at least move it into the hoax forum. The OP's video has been proven to be faked, the owner of the vid is a known hoaxer and all this was known by page 3 iirc.

All that's happening here are people who could not be bothered to read the whole thread are still arguing over its authenticity.

Sorry ladies and gents, if a PROVEN fake...Thread needs to end or moved to hoax.

I've been reading this thread from the start and there is no proof that the video is faked. There are a few people who state that in their opinion it's fake, but, no real evidence. Unless I've missed something, which you could kindly direct me to?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

seabhac-rua
reply to post by subby

I think if somebody can go to the trouble of making a CGI video like this then to make a second one with slightly different angles and light filters/colours or whatever wouldn't be such a big deal. Why on earth you or anyone would simply just accept that these videos are made by two separate and independent individuals is beyond me, you definitely wouldn't get a job as an investigator that's for sure!

How good are your powers of observation? Put a pair of earphones on and watch both these videos again. Do you notice how the camera movement in both videos has an almost identical pattern? Listen to the ambient sounds, you can hear noises of movement yet they do not correlate with the camera movement, we hear vocal exclamations in both clips yet the camera movement is constant and unaffected. This is artificial camera movement, and what's better is that we see it in not one but two videos for comparison.

These videos are fake, period.

For the record I am very interested in the UFO phenomenon, I hate it when I see people being fooled by fakery, it makes a mockery of this subject.

Regards.

Just for arguments sake...

If you wanted to make such a video appear fake, then TPTB could 'seize' the Youtube user's page and add a CGI video that has eerily similar aspects to the original video - making them look like they're both using the same 'CGI template'.

Back date it; add back dated views, comments, statistics etc and hey-presto!

I'm sure none of this is beyond the powers of those who may have an agenda to cover-up. I'm not saying this makes it a real UFO vid, but can we use the existence of the other vid(s) to call fake with any real certainty?
edit on 23-9-2013 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by subby

Unless I've missed something, which you could kindly direct me to?

You must of missed this post by Druid42 which pretty much sums up the problems with this Hoaxed video.

Physics dictate that the propulsion of an object should be opposite the direction of travel. I also cannot explain why both objects would glow brightly when only one object appears to be moving, neither can I provide a mechanism by which both objects would fade from view. In other words, it appears to be some sloppy Computer Generated Imagery.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The video is CGI and this thread does belong in the hoax forum .... but it seems this is new ATS where duplicate threads are left to stand and hoaxes are left to fester

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

" For the record I am very interested in the UFO phenomenon, I hate it when I see people being fooled by fakery, it makes a mockery of this subject. "

As someone who is interested in this phenomena, do you have any examples of a UFO video that is not faked? It would be relevant to this discussion for you to show us so we can compare/contrast between a real one and a fake one. You can show us how your video is devoid of any errors and maybe that will get the point across better.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 319m470

You can show us how your video is devoid of any errors and maybe that will get the point across better

Your childish attempt at baiting me is actually funny. My video? Really?

Unless I record a video of a UFO myself then it is impossible for me to furnish a video clip and state with 100% surety "this is genuine UFO".

Go on YouTube, search for UFO videos, there's a lot, you have to start with the assumption that they are possibly all fake and work from there, otherwise you are not being objective. This is a topic that is rife with hoaxing. Personally I'm not that interested in UFO video clips for this exact reason. I believe the vast majority are hoaxes, and the ones that possibly are real aren't sensational enough to satisfy the predominantly sensational appetites of most YouTube UFO viewers. The video discussed here is a perfect example, and demonstrates the willingness of some people to put aside their objectivity and believe, and that attitude is also endemic in the UFO world, and here we are.

edit on 23-9-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

While I think your idea is quite plausible, I don't think that it would be necessary for any government agency to bother to do the things you're suggesting, for the exact reasons I outlined in a previous post, any genuine clip of a supposed UFO can easily be discredited as a hoax simply because there are so many elaborate hoaxes in the public domain already.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

No one can or will show you an alien space ship flying in our skies....because it just doesnt happen!

Those that claim to have seen alien spaceships...not UFO's...alien spaceships are deluded basket cases. Those that claim to see UFO's are just ignorant fools, ignorant because they cannot identify an object that has been on this planet since it was invented....or evolved to that point. All UFO's can be identified if shown to the right person/people. They arent though, they are paraded in front of those who already believe, which reinforces the belief that aliens are visiting us daily, all over the planet, hundreds of times per day, but only filmed by those with a UFO youtube channel....hmmmmm.

Seriously, look at how many UFO channels there are on the internet, see how many sightings are posted worldwide per day....im sure its probably in the 100s of thousands. Why is there not an uproar?? BECAUSE ITS ALL BS!!! You cant have 100,000 alien spaceships visiting earth every day without causing mass hysteria.

Kids, metal cases, loners, and the disabled tend to be the majority of the UFO crowd to be honest. Looking for something to make them fit in, feel wanted, special.....its just an ego thing for these people, apart from the mental cases who see and hear things that arent there...schitzo, paranoid schitzo etc.

The people that make these videos arent looking for the "truth" as they all say, they are there to decieve you and make money off your ignorance. Anything that cannot be proven is a money spinner...religion, aliens, ghosts...give us your money and we will make things better.

Ive done it myself, fooled millions of people into believing things that arent true...for MONEY, nothing else!
I was making over £1000 a week last year off the back of UFO crap, do i believe in aliens?? Yea for sure, the universe is HUGE, so we cannot be the only life in it. Do aliens visit us every single day, thousands of times in spaceships disguised as birds, planes, bugs, satellites, lens flares, rc planes, water droplets, plastic bags etc??? HELL NO!!

Its a business, one thats worth many millions per year, id guess hundreds of millions are made off the back of this fairytale. Used to be dragons back in time, mermaids, vampires, warewolves, yeti...now its UFO.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by subby

I think you've got it the wrong way around, a video clip such as this needs to be proven genuine, which aside from video analysis, would involve some detective work regarding the makers, the YouTube account and so on. To require proof of fakery as a precedent is simply daft.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join