It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goverment Hires Internet Trolls to Disrupt Online Forums

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This thread has got to be the dumbest ive ever read and wrong on every level anyone who agrees with the premise presented in the source article has to have a brain the size of a walnut (dont mind me im just hoping to get a job offer
)

edit on 18-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Every time one of these threads crop up I say the same thing and I think it bears repeating. What would be the point of having paid shills on a site like ATS? We can't even agree amongst ourselves. Do you really think anything typed on here has an impact on the general public that see sites like ATS as laughable at best? If you should be looking at anyone has being a government agent it's not the people who support the OS. It's the people who throw out the wild theories like no planes on 9/11 or no one died in Boston. It's people like David Icke. These are the people that cause the majority of the public to treat CTers as jokes.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

David Icke is the nikola tesla of this period. People mock him because his thinking and research is 30-50 years more advanced than the average dumbed down person. As for Alex Jones(not that you mentioned him) he is deservedly becoming more and more mainstream.

Yes some people post ridiculous stuff like no planes hitting the twin towers. These people though serve as entertainment to be laughed at. Saying it was hologram, ufos shot a missile, whatever lol. We all need a good laugh every now and than.

In fact the best laugh of all is the new emoticons of ATS 5.3. They look like aliens from space!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Xcalibur254

David Icke is the nikola tesla of this period.

Alex is that you?

As for Alex Jones(not that you mentioned him) he is deservedly becoming more and more mainstream.

David is that you?

In fact the best laugh of all is the new emoticons of ATS 5.3. They look like aliens from space!

Now there's a fact. In fact it's likely these alien emoticons are working with the government trying to freak us out.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
We should have a user-based rating system...like three strikes. A special flag to alert mods would work great too.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I know that companies like Sony, radio shack and Ford do this. Or used to.

The reason I know about those three is that my roommate was one of the people paid to `direct` online conversations for those companies. Others as well, but I don`t remember them. I also remember that it paid diddly.

The plan behind the Sony program was trying to sway public opinion about problems they were having with the Playstation 2.

It sounds nefarious and dark, but he was a bit of an idiot and if he is a fair example of what they were up to, I don`t think it was very effective.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It isn't surprising this happens, what is surprising to me is there is no shortage of folks willing to be a total a*&$%hole to people they do not know. I can't imagine the infantile mind of a person who says, "hell yeah, I'd love to act like a real POS to anyone you want me to, that'll be real fun." To me it is the same as jumping at the chance to shoot at passing cars becausea government agency says you need to for the good of the people.

The day a job like this is offered, and the moral center of all who are offered the job says, "no way" is the day things might change a bit. As long as there is one person willing to treat their fellow man like this for a few bucks, we're going nowhere.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I am not much of an icke fan but I still respect him just the same. He connects lots of missing dots in world history going back to babylon and whatnot. What turns me off a bit is his spiritual ranting that few people get the meaning of.

Alex Jones is much more down to earth. He is old school and easier to understand. His occasional outbursts are justified given our miserable state of affairs and the lack of positive feedback from the general public.

Why is it popular to despise alternative journalism on a supposedly alternative site? Nevermind I guess I should have figured that out myself. The thread itself provides the answer as well as the nose-dive crash of the site in terms of traffic.

(echo, alpha, romeo, tango, hotel, charlie, india, tango, india, zulu, echo, november, zero, seven)...(oscar, uniform, tango), copy that?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

bekod
well now here it is again vindale research get paid to post and read $1:00 per post

Sorry but I"m confused. I can't follow this ....

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
There is some evidence to suggest that the National Clandestine Service, a branch of the CIA, does this kind of work in it's Special Activities Division.

One possible of example of this came to light when an alleged "shill" seemed to accidentally out himself during a forum discussion of the Sandy Hook shooting.

The user seemed to somehow mistakenly post some text that had been copied to his clipboard which appeared to be part of a "troubleshooting" guide for paid forum trolls, including questions like "Do the respondents appear hostile to your attempts to steer the discussion?"; and "Have you been more successful with one or the other XStart methods that were demonstrated in N-7015A.DOC?".

A summary of this occurrence can be found in this thread here.

There are also allegations that both GodlikeProductions and AboveTopSecret were involved in an attempted obfuscation of this episode. I for one can attest to the fact that ATS did 404 a thread dealing with the incident almost immediately after it was posted.

Anyway, there is still some info about it online I believe. Do a Google search using the terms "forum shill busted" and decide for yourself if there's anything to it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Bassago

Why is it popular to despise alternative journalism on a supposedly alternative site? Nevermind I guess I should have figured that out myself. The thread itself provides the answer as well as the nose-dive crash of the site in terms of traffic.

(echo, alpha, romeo, tango, hotel, charlie, india, tango, india, zulu, echo, november, zero, seven)...(oscar, uniform, tango), copy that?

Who said anything about despising anyone? They are entertaining at worst and informative at times. I have InfoWars bookmarked so lighten up a bit.

Copy that, out.
edit on 18-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Can I pay you with stars?

Sure you can! Since the sequester, that's the only "pay" that I ever receive.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I agree
Of course this happens and of course forums are created for this purpose. Or they come along and take over a popular one.

I've heard some housewives were recruited, no pay, to tattle on things they read. There's tattle tales too.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

YOU other people that would actually do this job, you disgust me to no end.

Cool! That's one of the things we are supposed to do!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

BenReclused
reply to post by theMediator

YOU other people that would actually do this job, you disgust me to no end.

Cool! That's one of the things we are supposed to do!

See ya,
Milt

Money talks. People will rat on anything if they can be paid.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

All they have to do is say they did, and voila! You have everyone calling each other shills and paid agents. At the very least, it makes everyone paranoid.

Mission Accomplished!

You are correct! That works REAL WELL!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have no doubt whatsoever that this is going on.
And yes that means right here too.
Damn I wonder if the whole site aint some psy-op.
Am I being paranoid?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

My mother-in-law made $8000 last month on the internet from home...

Oh wait I was supposed to paste that into the CNN comments section, sorry.

Obama loves everyone so much you get a free phone. Just vote demoncrate!

There that's better. Where's my money?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

It is often hard to tell which they are at times as there are many among us who will support the official story with a religious fervor, those who refuse to acknowledge there are factions within our governments and in spheres of influence who have nefarious agendas.

Then again, we have those who will deny the obvious, only because it is part of the "official story". Having read your post, you strike me as being one of those individuals. Quite often, there are also nefarious individuals pushing "alternative theories" for the sole purpose of lining their pockets.

Those of us who question authority or the official story are the actual and dangerous trolls in their eyes.

That's not true, at all. The "dangerous trolls" are those who ignore valid evidence because it doesn't support their "theories".

This is a conspiracy site and alternative viewpoints must be put forward. It is not up to us to come up with our own solution and dogma but to expose anomalies and then perhaps present possible alternatives for consideration, but there we must be cautious. Those alternatives are where we trip ourselves up by leaving our own arguments open to attack.

If one were to be honest, and open minded, one wouldn't need to worry about tripping one's self up.

There will always be those who insist on blind obedience and acceptance of the official word.

I won't argue with that, but, and most often, I see the demands for blind acceptance coming from those pushing "alternative theories".

See ya,
Milt

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join