It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goverment Hires Internet Trolls to Disrupt Online Forums

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

TheIceQueen
LOL, yeah right, sorry but no.

So I assume this means you can present some valid arguements as to why its a good thing to have the NSA messing with people here, right?
Lemme guess:

"Because there are dangerous terrorists in the world who hate us for our freedom?"

I'm waiting...

-Peace-

Still waiting...
Still waiting...
I thought so.

edit on 19-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sarcasm

edit on 19-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: More Sarcasm Added

edit on 19-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Last of the sarcasm

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Metallicus

Most of us here at ATS won't be surprised that paid Goverment shills target online forums and chat rooms.

No I don't think they/we would - here's a relevant video about Cointelpro and I also think folks have to be painfully naive to think this kind of stuff doesn't go on.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

The manual has been leaked online by SlashDot years ago. I'm sure you can still find it out there.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
So what's new? Private and Public industry hires lobbyists to do the same thing in government forums, who's only agenda is to make them money. Why would this not be true of the Government itself? They certainly have active evidence to show that it works. So, we get it from both sides. Us and them. See through the fog and understand that humans are up against human nature. Try and solve that.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Unfortunately (in my experience) every person I have EVER met who likes the notion of NSA shills spying on them 24/7 and disrupting their lives & privacy either:

A) Wants to be a NSA rat.
B) Already is an NSA rat.
C) Is more more paranoid & depraved than Stalin.

Personally I have found each of these types to be thoroughly intolerable and utterly despicable.
Whenever I hear that someone is doing it "just for the money" it disgusts me to the core of my being.
They don't even do it for an ideology or belief (which I could even sorta understand)...they betray their brothers & sisters for a paycheck and a rush. No better than some crackhead looking to fill a hole in their empty lives by plugging it with poison...looking for external validation from a tyranical master who hates them for what they are.
When bush said "The terrorists hate us for our freedom." what he REALLY meant was: "I hate you for your freedom because it is a threat to me"...and THIS is his legacy.
Sigh....

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
When There's something strange in the neighborhood.
Who we gonna call ? Troll busters..
edit on 19-9-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Wow great input.. Its only logical to think those people are around. Like the ones who want to find the truth and the ones hiding the truth.
Same with religion etc.
So at the end most will fall for the money if one is in need. And principles vanish.
So curiosity will kill the cat.
At the end nobody wins everbody loses

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

The only solution is proprietary encryption and protocols. NSA uses an adapted version of the IPSec framework. The adaptations remain classified. This is why they communicate securely. Besides, they use HAIPE to communicate.

Maybe this presents a new challenge to all white hats on the Internet. Privacy must be enforced, not provided.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Greetings, Metallicus,

Metallicus
...Most of us here at ATS won't be surprised that paid Goverment shills target online forums and chat rooms.

Led by Cass Sunstein [Communist], The Office of the Presidential Regulatory Czar, and specifically, The Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, has been doing this since hussein appointed his powerful 57 member czar staff.

All this is well documented right here on this very Above Top Secret website!.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

kusmanklute
reply to post by Eryiedes

The only solution is proprietary encryption and protocols. NSA uses an adapted version of the IPSec framework. The adaptations remain classified. This is why they communicate securely. Besides, they use HAIPE to communicate.

Maybe this presents a new challenge to all white hats on the Internet. Privacy must be enforced, not provided.

This is just a guess based on existing trends but I think any encryption the NSA can't break will soon be made illegal for anything but large corperations and governments but then again encryption is something i know less than nothing about.

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Mistaken Post
edit on 19-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread yet but one point that rarely gets brought up is that it makes just as much sense that "paid shills" would be on sites like this leading the conversation not disrupting it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Are you saying that the conspiracies we know are made up by the government to stop us thinking about the real conspiracies?

Even the conspiracies are conspiracies!!!

edit on 1992013 by Bragi because: pic

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Communication is key.

Breakdown the lines of communication and the rest is easy.

There has probably been a massive domestic spying program in place in the US since at least the outset of COINTELPRO. It would include stuff like this.

How else would federal agents manage to infiltrate or keep tabs on almost any organization?

Once it gets to the point where the subjects must assume anyone is or could be a rat, the damage is done. Solidarity compromised. Mission accomplished.
edit on 19/9/13 by SlackOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

DelMarvel
I haven't read the whole thread yet but one point that rarely gets brought up is that it makes just as much sense that "paid shills" would be on sites like this leading the conversation not disrupting it.

Trolls come in all different shapes and sizes.

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Whenever I see a new member embark on a quick and professional campaign to cosy up to established debunkers, and to enter threads with cocksure attitudes of a derogatory nature, I feel sick in a sense, knowing that yet another troll/shill is born into ATS.

I see in this thread so many people saying it doesn't or couldn't go on, and yet the evidence of deflection, distraction, ridicule and downright nastiness to put people off from posting is there for all to see in every forum.

I also believe that it would make sense, from a COINTELPRO perspective, to hire people who make real truth seekers look dimwitted. I see many members post in such a ridiculous fashion, repeatedly, with no substance to their argument, who are then shot down in flames by the usual debunking crew (different crowds depending on the forum). Such folk are as fake as the shills/trolls themselves, holding the door open in the interests of serving an agenda.

It is a tangled Web they weave. Each of us must use personal discernment to get as close to the truth of a matter as is possible, and occasionally try to undermine the efforts of those who blatantly serve a master of sorts in their online activities.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

FlyersFan
We've had some agents on here from China and Iran. They were easy to spot. Still have at least one from Iran that I can think of. However, I haven't seen people on ATS who look like US gov't agents to me. Some O-bots for sure. But just because someone has an opinion that is different or kinda whacky like hugg'n on Obama all the time ... that doesn't make them an agent. I have no doubt this site is monitored and the gov't may be keeping files on certain posters but as for U.S. agents trying to disrupt things .. if they are on here trying to do it they aren't doing a very good job of it.

lol all the time.... I see them around here, on news article comments, and on blogs. I laugh because they are so conspicuous.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SlackOps

Sadly, in many respects, ATS seems to be compromised in the way you describe. Who is the rat, who is the truth-seeker? I've come across odd cases where a member seems perfectly decent in one forum, and yet comes across as a terrible troll in the 9/11 forum (using that as an example, but I've seen many examples in different types of forum, within ATS as a whole.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Its because people are different, there are more than 2 categories.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Bassago

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Bassago

Why is it popular to despise alternative journalism on a supposedly alternative site? Nevermind I guess I should have figured that out myself. The thread itself provides the answer as well as the nose-dive crash of the site in terms of traffic.

(echo, alpha, romeo, tango, hotel, charlie, india, tango, india, zulu, echo, november, zero, seven)...(oscar, uniform, tango), copy that?

Who said anything about despising anyone? They are entertaining at worst and informative at times. I have InfoWars bookmarked so lighten up a bit.

Copy that, out.
edit on 18-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

My comment wasnt necessarily directed at you. I was making a general observation of people hating on AJ and DI for years on this site. You simply gave me a chance to make my feelings known.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join