It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goverment Hires Internet Trolls to Disrupt Online Forums

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Nyiah
LOL, the source is Natural News, and they couldn't even spell "government" correctly in the headline

I have noticed several people speak of Natural News with some disdain in this thread. Why is this...curiously?

I have found many of their alternative health articles extremely informative, and would think many free thinkers frequenting sites like ATS might also be interested in alternative health and medicine?! Granted, the articles don't go into a lot of specifics, yet can be good starting points for more in depth research.

Is there funny business there of which I'm not aware or attuned? I know Mike Adams likes to go on political tangents, but I'm more into the nutrition articles. Please do share any concerns...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

DrReco

Nyiah
LOL, the source is Natural News, and they couldn't even spell "government" correctly in the headline

I have noticed several people speak of Natural News with some disdain in this thread. Why is this...curiously?

I have found many of their alternative health articles extremely informative, and would think many free thinkers frequenting sites like ATS might also be interested in alternative health and medicine?! Granted, the articles don't go into a lot of specifics, yet can be good starting points for more in depth research.

Is there funny business there of which I'm not aware or attuned? I know Mike Adams likes to go on political tangents, but I'm more into the nutrition articles. Please do share any concerns...

I believe it's because of his affiliation with Alex Jones and many here hate/fear what he's doing.
But I'm only guessing.
(P.S.: If their sole commentary is on being a grammer nazi, then they have no point at all.)

-Peace to you-

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
A few times every year stories like this make the circuit to remind people who are already paranoid to keep their paranoid going in full swing. Confusion is a powerful thing and people fall for it every time. Everyone who blindly agrees with this youtube sourced blog type rant which got passed off as a legitimate story has been successfully trolled, and they can expect to again in six months or less.

Nothing new under the sun to see here.

Icke and Jones getting kudos in this thread did provide epic comedic value, some posters wear their heros on their shirtsleaves with no shame.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

Funny how these threads attract and expose the very shills they refer to. There's proof right there that you don't need half a brain to get that job.

That ain't proof, at all! That's only a bit of paranoid speculation on your part. I'm sure you feel that your insults add to your credibility, but in truth, it only shows that you, also, deserve all of the hate that you'll get in return.

By the way, I rarely have much trouble sleeping.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 225America/Chicago9RAmerica/Chicago2013-09-18T23:24:47-05:00Wednesday00000047America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

BenReclused
reply to post by AntiNWO

Funny how these threads attract and expose the very shills they refer to. There's proof right there that you don't need half a brain to get that job.

That ain't proof, at all! That's only a bit of paranoid speculation on your part. I'm sure you feel that your insults add to your credibility, but in truth, it only shows that you, also, deserve all of the hate you'll get in return.

By the way, I rarely have much trouble sleeping.

See ya,
Milt

Well put sir.
Good to see some people aren't asleep at the wheel.

-Peace be with you-

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

No S**T!, Really?

For such a long time I guess we were all fooled, NOT. If this is New news to anyone, heaven help them.

This is no disrespect to the person starting this thread. I am glad you posted this.

I bet this still won't change the clueless mind of the mainstream media watching sheep-le.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
These places definitely exist. I applied for an SEO job once when my wife said one of her family members worked there and they were hiring. So I figured yeah sure I'll apply. The next thing I know I get a web link and a preview of what is to be expected. I go to the site and start reading it actually outlines right away that I can never tell anyone I work there. I can't divulge any info whatsoever. I must sign up and make only a few posts for whatever product or opinion I want to push then if anyone catches on immediately create a new one on a new proxy or whatever it takes to get past the signup and post. I could in fact not tell my wife I had ever accepted the job. If anyone took me to court it was 100% my problem and the company could not be named. If I were to name them and they lost in court I would still even if the court ruled that I was at no fault of my own... still owe them for any damages that they felt were incurred. They would seek this despite any ruling by any court saying the contrary. So yeah this company actually outlined that they were above any government ruling. I promptly backed out of the website and did not agree to this.

I'm not saying this is the place, but this is an example of such a place that may or may not exist. The govt would only need to call them and place an order if they so desired, theoretically, I mean a different place of course.

www.slingshotseo.com

Nobody wanted to hear anything about what I read when I applied. I was a little shocked that nobody seemed interested at all about what their family member had signed. The only response I received was he just got a promotion. Yeah... f that.
edit on 18-9-2013 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

tadaman
reply to post by Bragi

This is not like a "secret" . The government of Israel goes to almost every university in Israel to recruit for online activities like this. Some get college credit, others get money....

Also entire command centers were set up under bush and Cheney to sell the Iraq war....also a HUGE venture with many thousands of people involved who have talked about it since.

You saying that is BS?

Ok......shill much?

Man it sucks being in a "small inoffensive" nation, all my government did to me at University was charge interest on my loans for my Postgrad work. Surely they could reduce the balance if I went and trolled Australian fora or something?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You Americans and your two dimensional politics ...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm wondering what the vacation plan is like,and if they have cool coffee cups and neat polo shirts at the @ ImA_Troll.gov website?
Also, if I become an internet troll for the Gov'mnt, can I get a waiver from obamascare ?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

I bet this still won't change the clueless mind of the mainstream media watching sheep-le.

There ya go! Add an insult. That's always better than being reasonable, isn't it?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 240America/Chicago9RAmerica/Chicago2013-09-18T23:46:53-05:00Wednesdayu53America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

What? there are TWO dimensions? who said that? what dimension are you in? Do you have a dog named arrow ? Oh wait,sorry, got my abc after school specials mixed up !

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Thought Police

Mind Cleaners

Programmers

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It is good money. Was unemployed when I found out about it.

Links & Screenshots = paycheck

Posting "u mad bro?" And other meme's never paid so good :-)

lulz

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Nephalim
reply to post by Eryiedes

Who are you ranting about there slick?

How about the d-bag who posted right above this one?

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Metallicus

Text You've probably run into them before -- those seemingly random antagonizers who always end up diverting the conversation in an online chat room or article comment section away from the issue at hand, and towards a much different agenda. Hot-button issues like illegal immigration, the two-party political system, the "war on terror" and even alternative medicine are among the most common targets of such attackers, known as internet "trolls" or "shills," who in many cases are nothing more than paid lackeys hired by the federal government and other international organizations to sway and ultimately control public opinion.

Source

Most of us here at ATS won't be surprised that paid Goverment shills target online forums and chat rooms. This article discusses how the Government, CIA, NSA and other assorted alphabet agencies actively recruit college students to disrupt and derail online discussion on conspiracy sites. I think we all have seen certain posters that consistently try to destroy open, intelligent debate on a variety of controversial topics. There are a few on ATS that I personally suspect of being on the Goverment payroll. Do you think that this is going on or are we just being paranoid?

Conspiracy websites are typically the most heavily targeted by government officials.

Hmmm.

All conjecture. Just a claim with no proof. No sources. Nothing that can be verified.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

How about the d-bag who posted right above this one?

-Peace-

You call people names behind their back and then say peace?

Insulting other members openly on a thread but not to their face is probably lower than a "d-bag", I'm pretty sure.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Dustytoad
Heck they make whole websites just for this purpose to attract people and then track and sway them.
read: "Honeypots"

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
At Intrptr...

Actually sir, when I posted that...he was still here so strike one.
Defending a professional troll...strike two.
Taking offence at someone who is offended by government professional trolls...strike three.
You're outta there.

-Peace be with you-
edit on 19-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Forgot Reply

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
LOL, yeah right, sorry but no.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join