It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Requests Ceasefire in Fallujah (from ATSNN)

page: 2

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226

Originally posted by Amuk
No it is not, most of the famlies live on base and know each other. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to lie about deaths on our side very long before it was found out.

Well then...pardon my skepticism. I bet the US disinformation machine would be terribly disappointed if they heard that. (or incredibly happy that you believe it.)

He tells the truth, the military familes are a close know bunch, secrets like that could not be held for long.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Well then...pardon my skepticism. I bet the US disinformation machine would be terribly disappointed if they heard that. (or incredibly happy that you believe it.)

I used to be in the army I know what I am talking about.

Most families live next door to each other in base housing and the women even have support groups with each other. How do you hide the fact your neighbors husband is dead very long?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I used to be in the army I know what I am talking about.

I dont think he understands, I think he think the deaths (24) as of now are like in the hundreds and the US is hiding this fact. He lives here and can not understand how that particular system works. The Families must be notified first.......then the press.

link   
Actually is funny that US keep a close tag of the "death" insurgents but none of the "death" civilian toll, I guess the first one looks good for the American public the second one is too embarrasing.

And for death on our troops I just found a site in wish claims that most of the American casualties in fallujah is from the reservist side.

link   
One point for you.

Now my counter:

Do all the soldiers who die have families living together?

My answer: No

A soldier from Illinois could die.

A soldier from Montana could die.

A soldier from California could die.

A soldier from Georgia could die.

And none would ever know the other.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

But the 'units' know and word gets around, the units keep these statistics and they talk. I live in a state in which most of the deaths have come from and the news organizations keep track of these numbers so as to pelt the public with them every chance they get.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
But where do they get the numbers? The Defense Department?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Most families live next door to each other in base housing and the women even have support groups with each other. How do you hide the fact your neighbors husband is dead very long?

It's not just the military either. In the state I live they do a news story on every soldier (either who was stationed here at one time or grew up in the state) killed in action. A reminder of their ultimate sacrifice.

If US deaths were being underreported - it would have come out by now.

B.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

One point for you.

A soldier from Georgia could die.

Talking about GA, we had a friend that die in Iraq, he was an officer, he and his wife and two kids were aboard the base, my husband did not found out until an official memo was send, by then his entire family was already move out of the base to another base up north.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
It's not just the military either. In the state I live they do a news story on every soldier (either who was stationed here at one time or grew up in the state) killed in action. A reminder of their ultimate sacrifice.

B.

They do the "ultimate sacrifice" thing to drum up continued support for the war, while honoring the fallen.

However, how can you be sure that every single one gets honored? Are the families calling up and requesting that they be honored?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

One point for you.

My answer: No

90% have wives right on base so if ONLY unmarried orphans without girlfriends were killed I guess it could.......LOL

I dont really care if you believe me or not but it COULD NOT HAPPEN for very long.

Where the government lies and any combat veteran will tell you, is not in how many of US die but in how many enemy killed

You can believe whatever you want too

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

90% have wives right on base so if ONLY unmarried orphans without girlfriends were killed I guess it could.......LOL

And do all these wives live on the SAME base????

lol...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

And do all these wives live on the SAME base????

DUH

Yes they do why would your wife live on another base?

I can understand you being upsit about your heroes having their asses handed to them in a basket but it doesnt change the fact they COULD NOT HIDE IT FOR LONG

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So then all the soldiers in Iraq came from the same base here in America, and all their wives live on this ONE base?

Give me a break...and by the way, if they were getting their asses handed to them, the US would have Iraq under their control by now, but it's obviously not happening, is it?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So then all the soldiers in Iraq came from the same base here in America, and all their wives live on this ONE base?

Give me a break...and by the way, if they were getting their asses handed to them, the US would have Iraq under their control by now, but it's obviously not happening, is it?

most of them yes. Several bases depending on the divisions, They do not take 100 soldiers from each base the divisions have there own base/bases

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
And all the soldiers that die are from the same division?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ok I can only talk about Marines the main bases for deployment are in California, 29 palms, and Camp Pendleton.

In the east coast is Lejune.

And by the way my husband was deployed from 29 palms during the first gulf war, while I stayed in Quantico VA.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You got be buddy we are on the run fightuing for our lives and the only thing standiung between us and total doom is the Girl Scouts of America

I see the elite Camel Calvary in Washinton DC
Dude you are too funny

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You got be buddy we are on the run fightuing for our lives and the only thing standiung between us and total doom is the Girl Scouts of America

I see the elite Camel Calvary in Washinton DC
Dude you are too funny

I didn't go that far you Hillbilly Biker...

All I said was that if the "insurgents" were getting their asses handed to them, after the US has been there for almost two years, they would have it under control by now...which they do NOT.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

And all the soldiers that die are from the same division?

Dude this is getting pretty weak

Let me try to explain one more time
We have over there the 101, 75 (I think) the 4th and some one help me on the marines.

They could hide the numbers for a few weeks AT MOST.

Let me try again WE LIE ABOUT THE ENEMY DEAD NOT OURS

We claim to kill more than we do I have seen it happen.

You can pull up on the Net complete lists of divisions and matchj them with the dead

Again for the impared YOU COULD NOT COVER IT UP VERY LONG

new topics

top topics

join