It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Yard Shooting Reported almost 9 hours BEFORE the Event?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

sleepdealer
It's a typo.The text under the photo clearly states the correct date. Do you really think that those behind such a major conspiracy (I'm guessing that's what you're suggesting) would be so sloppy? Very unlikely.

It is not a typo, it is a time stamp. The text with the photo was entered manually, hence the interest in the thread.

As for the question about whether I thought that "they" could be so sloppy? Absolutely.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

I would say,whomever is responsible for this--is getting the reaction,attention,they were going for.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

aries58

I would say,whomever is responsible for this--is getting the reaction,attention,they were going for.

As per the usual with events such as these. The American public is preconditioned to respond to these types of things the way that they do.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

usernameconspiracy
So, are we saying that the articles were posted a day early, but nobody saw them until Monday? Because that is obviously not the case at all. ATS users pounce on stories like starving cheetahs. There would have been 300 threads on the news by Monday, when the event actually happened. So is it more realistic to think the story was posted (per the time stamp) a day early and absolutely nobody saw it, or that the time stamp is wrong?

they were posted around twilight hours.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

usernameconspiracy
So, are we saying that the articles were posted a day early, but nobody saw them until Monday? Because that is obviously not the case at all. ATS users pounce on stories like starving cheetahs. There would have been 300 threads on the news by Monday, when the event actually happened. So is it more realistic to think the story was posted (per the time stamp) a day early and absolutely nobody saw it, or that the time stamp is wrong?

As I stated in the OP, I didn't find this, nor did I go looking for it, a friend of mine posted it to his facebook and I felt it deserved some airing out here on ATS.

I didn't "pounce" on anything, just shared it here.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos
Hey guys,

A friend of mine posted this to his facebook and I felt it was worthy to point out here and see what you all thought of it.

Kelow na Daily Courier

The time stamp on the page was what he found interesting:

What do you guys think?
edit on 9/16/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: title edit

Initial thought is that media outlets will want the earliest date on their article so that it comes up first in the searches. I'd put earlier date samps on my reports, just so long as the actual factual info within the report is true.

Second thought, just a mistake

Third thought, it's all a false flag and they've let slip with a classic criminal trip up...only joking, i dont think that.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Wobbly Anomaly

ProfessorChaos
Hey guys,

A friend of mine posted this to his facebook and I felt it was worthy to point out here and see what you all thought of it.

Kelow na Daily Courier

The time stamp on the page was what he found interesting:

What do you guys think?
edit on 9/16/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: title edit

Initial thought is that media outlets will want the earliest date on their article so that it comes up first in the searches. I'd put earlier date samps on my reports, just so long as the actual factual info within the report is true.

Second thought, just a mistake

Third thought, it's all a false flag and they've let slip with a classic criminal trip up...only joking, i dont think that.

some holes in what you are saying there.
Wouldn't present day be better instead of it getting buried with yesterdays news?

Can you speculate on what searches you are talking about so I can kindly guide you.

Mistake Highly unlikely

Third thought you gotta be optimistic and think out of a box.
edit on 17/9/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The problem with this (well, one of many problems) is that no conspiracy theorists are combing through the time stamps of mundane articles to find a baseline for this sort of error. I know for the local paper the time and date on articles are frequently wrong. Of course, the Illuminati could be sending signals about rezonings and drunk driving arrests.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ok so 2 source's got date wrong . But goggle time stamp is saying that article is now three days old .

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
this is kind of interesting as i have seen similar threads on other events in the past (most notably from what i can remember the Sandy Hook memorial page timestamped a few days before the event, and of course the infamous BBC report on WTC7 falling before it did, with the intact building right behind the journalist). personally, since most of the really crazy stuff happens in the US and i'm from Austria i am never surprised to find reports on the net earlier than in our own domestic media so it's difficult for me to tell what's going on. probably this and many others are just timestamping errors, but who knows?

in this particular case though, why would it be a conspiracy? serious question, i just don't see how that could be of advantage to anyone.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Dont forget the TV news
saying that building 7 has fell down! 911
and you can stiil see it in the back!

edit on 17-9-2013 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

The alleged shooter guy in Newton allegedly died the day BEFORE the school shooting at Sandy Hook.

What's with that?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

amraks

geobro
reply to post by amraks

weird we were just on about this the other day anybody got the lotto numbers

Look at the date on this news report of the batman shooting. it says 19th of july 2012.
www.examiner.com...

batman shooting happened on the 20th of july 2012

it is nice to see other members wake up to this as you pointed out to me in your reply in my thread about 9-11 you were 1 day ahead of this story .
and now this breaks time stamps on servers might be one thing but when you have people state they heard it before the event happened this deserves some investigation .

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hey - I've explained what I think happened in a blog post:
thinkmorebetterer.wordpress.com...

In short summary... The article, when entered in to the Daily Courier's content management system is entered with the correct local time and date, but the timezone data attached to the datestamp is incorrect (it is GMT instead of -0700).

So an article entered at Midday on Jan 1st in Kelowna would go into the database as 2013-01-01 12:00:00+0000 (instead of 2013-01-01 12:00:00-0800)

Then when the website frontend is displaying the articles it applies a timezone adjustment to the supposedly GMT time stored in the database, so midday Jan 1st become 2013-01-01 04:00:00-0800 -- being that Pacific Standard Time is GMT-8 and the site still seems to have the standard, not daylight, time offset.

So by that logic the Navy Yard story was posted at 07:31am on Monday Pacific Daylight Time, which was 10:31am Eastern Daylight Time.

Don't trust datestamps online.

As for Google's timestamp - it's derived from the data on the site itself, not from when it first saw the article (otherwise it wouldn't have articles dated from before Google's news service started, would it?) - so it makes the same correct because the incorrect GMT timestamp is what's displayed in the RSS feed that Google uses for it's display.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos
I figured that since they made a big deal out of the shooter supposedly wearing fatigues would direct undue attention towards militia groups and gun owners.

That was exactly my first thought in hearing this story on the radio this morning. Now it seems that they're putting more of a "mental illness" spin on it. I'm guessing that there will soon be a bill before Congress tightning gun laws, which will have a very broad definition of "mentally ill".

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by javelinfangz

Well it would show that somebody already had the story ready to release before the event happened, which would mean that there were more people who either knew about the event beforehand, or may have been involved in the planning of the event and subsequent cover up.

ThinkBetterer seems to have a possible explanation for this particular instance though. That man is a god when it comes to timestamps...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

a whole 9 hours? why didnt anyone investigate this when it was 9hrs early?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
If the 'timestamps' were wrong for this event's stories, how come the timestamps on millions of other stories are always correct ?

Has anybody got some more examples of any other web stories that are wrong ?

Especially any coming from the same sources from Sunday to Monday.

I bet the Courier's articles are all correct. ABC's too. [ wink wink ]

Check it out.

Hmmm.

How about tomorrow's stories ?

Let's check back and see how many have today's date.

I bet none.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

TaureDawn
ABC just changed the date but the same URL!
I have the photos captured

abcnews.go.com...

It was already changed when I went to the link last night

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I think that what this thread and the information within it ultimately highlights is that this government, and not just this administration, or the party that it represents, has given a great many people more than enough reason to question its motives, actions, agenda and transparency, that it needs to be not just "looked into", but investigated in a manner consistent with a full-on criminal investigation, if not exceeding it.

Everyone that pays even a modicum of attention to the goings on in this nation over the last several decades knows by now that the government flat out lies to the citizens that it was elected to represent on a multitude of fronts, and that fact alone should be enough to spark some sort of outrage and action from the people of the United States.

Will that happen? Who knows, but I sure hope that it does.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join