It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Yard Shooting Reported almost 9 hours BEFORE the Event?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:
(post by ProfessorChaos removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

i get the same when i go on about 9-11 you will get called everything throw at you to throw you of the scent but keep on the trail

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

In case you have yet to notice, I did not start this thread, with this story, on a CONSPIRACY website with an opening post about it being a possible conspiracy. If I cannot laugh at basic absurdity then what can I laugh at. What are you so angry about?
edit on Wed Sep 18 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

cartenz

Jimjolnir
I find that fact that the url on the abcnews report is wrong as more strange. How'd that happen?

I can explain that but it would just show how bad I am at my job. It happens. Google "friendly URl's rename"...

Here's a quote from Google for the cached page you linked:

This is Google's cache of www.kelownadailycourier.ca... It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 16 Sep 2013 23:42:52 GMT.

What time would that be in Washington?
If I'm not mistaken it would be, 16 September 2013, 19:40:00

But how long does it take Google to cache a page? (from what I've _briefly_ read, it's anywhere from 15mins to weeks
)

Thats when they last cached the page, not when ther first crawled the page. The page was first crawled by Google on the 15th

No, the date on the Google News articles is derived either from the timestamp displayed on the page (15 Sep 23:31 as it was) or from the in the site's RSS feed.

The problem with the Kelowna Daily Courier's site (and it's on ALL articles, not just this one) is that whatever software they use to put the wire stories into their CMS database uses the local time, but slates the timestamp as +0000 so that when it's displayed on the website the Pacific Standard (not even Daylight) Time offset of -8 hours is applied. The story was published at 07:31am September 16th PDT which is 10:31am EDT.

I've explained this as best as I can here: thinkmorebetterer.wordpress.com...

I think we'd have to track the websites in question on a daily basis to confirm whether their time-stamps often have issues or not. A lot of work, seeing as you'd have to be hands-on with a lot of the reports.

Or find someone who has the RSS of the site in their reader to confirm it... lol

The RSS will support the same conclusion as the original site, as the timestamp is reported with the incorrect timezone (+0000 instead of -0700).

And the site's RSS is here: www.kelownadailycourier.ca...

Until they fix it (which they may do given all the attention) it will continue to report all stories as being up to 8 hours ahead.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
every time a shooting occurs one of these topics pops up, it discredits actual authentic conspiracies, because if it happens every single time, eventually nobody will buy into it anymore

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

AKindChap

cartenz
reply to post by AKindChap

Its not on wayback because wayback is an archive--its not Google's cache. NO ARCHIVE is not NO FOLLOW, that is what search bots understand. Wayback did not pick the page up by the time this thread had started, its archive would not be any accurate reflection of how the story first appeared on the web on the 15th.

Huh? The Wayback machine shows how the page would have looked on the day that you selected?..

I speak slowly for you as it say you from England and I know how you Poms cant speak your own #ing language:

Wayback does not crawl the web like Google does; Google, being a multi-billion dollar company built on their search technology can afford to put resources into crawling the web every hour or so. Wayback is an archive run by a non-profit organisation and is not in the business of crawling the web every few hours, they can not afford to and have no reason to.

The remark regarding NO ARCHIVCE and NO FOLLOW is to do with how search bots work, search bots are these little robots that run around the web and click everything so Google knows where all the good pr0n is. NO FOLLOW tells bots not to click things, NO ARCHIVE tells bots to not save the page. DIFFERENT.

Do you understand? Do I need to draw you a picture?

SHIBBOLEET

Send me a search engineer!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

ThinkMoreBetterer

cartenz

Jimjolnir
I find that fact that the url on the abcnews report is wrong as more strange. How'd that happen?

I can explain that but it would just show how bad I am at my job. It happens. Google "friendly URl's rename"...

Here's a quote from Google for the cached page you linked:

This is Google's cache of www.kelownadailycourier.ca... It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 16 Sep 2013 23:42:52 GMT.

What time would that be in Washington?
If I'm not mistaken it would be, 16 September 2013, 19:40:00

But how long does it take Google to cache a page? (from what I've _briefly_ read, it's anywhere from 15mins to weeks
)

Thats when they last cached the page, not when ther first crawled the page. The page was first crawled by Google on the 15th

No, the date on the Google News articles is derived either from the timestamp displayed on the page (15 Sep 23:31 as it was) or from the in the site's RSS feed.

Cool, but I wasnt referring to the date on Google News, I was reffer to the date on Google Search which takes the date from when the page is first crawled...

The problem with the Kelowna Daily Courier's site (and it's on ALL articles, not just this one)..

So have they corrected the date on ALL the articles or just this one??

...is that whatever software they use to put the wire stories into their CMS...

Its ok hun, you can say the name of the CMS if ya want--Im not scared of them, just lock them in a VM and they wont go anywhere.

database

how low can you go?

uses the local time, but slates the timestamp as +0000 so that when it's displayed on the website the Pacific Standard (not even Daylight) Time offset of -8 hours is applied. The story was published at 07:31am September 16th PDT which is 10:31am EDT.

Prove it... oh wait

I've explained this as best as I can here: thinkmorebetterer.wordpress.com...

IT HAS A WORDPRESS!!!! you big hacker you!!!!!!!

I think we'd have to track the websites in question on a daily basis to confirm whether their time-stamps often have issues or not. A lot of work, seeing as you'd have to be hands-on with a lot of the reports.

Or find someone who has the RSS of the site in their reader to confirm it... lol

The RSS will support the same conclusion as the original site, as the timestamp is reported with the incorrect timezone (+0000 instead of -0700).

No that is not true, but you have your agenda and I have grown bored of your sockpuppeting.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry - I missed any suggestion that the page had been crawled by Google's cache before the shooting happened. The only link I've seen for Google's cache was significantly after the event.

As far as I can tell the Kelowna Daily Courier still hasn't fixed their dates. Take a look at their site - no articles more recent than about eight hours ago per their timestamp, yet they haven't been online for eight hours and they haven't been on AP feeds or other news sites for eight hours.

The only date they seem to have changed is the one on that Navy Yard story, probably because of all the attention they were getting from conspiracy nuts who thought some elaborate plot could be foiled by a tiny regional newspaper.

To prove my point, the newest World News article on their site at this moment is a Syria story timestamped 10:10 Wednesday which is just under 9 hours ago. The same story is the Vancouver Sun is timestamped 18:20 - about 45 minutes ago.

You can easily verify this for yourself of course, load the website now, screenshot the homepage then go back in a few hours and see how many stories are timestamped from before you took the screenshot but were not there then.

My blogpost - oooh, hosted on Wordpress.com!! - goes into detail to explain what I think is going on with their website.

You can believe what you want, of course, but you look like some sort of crazy zealot if you are seriously insisting that this small Canadian newspaper somehow has advanced knowledge of EVERYTHING, or that this simple error is better explained as a stupid mistake by the powers that be than by a basic software error.

I am backing up what I'm saying with supporting evidence and a fully expressed scenario by which this has happened, you are simply saying "that's not true".

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

cartenz
Cool, but I wasnt referring to the date on Google News, I was reffer to the date on Google Search which takes the date from when the page is first crawled...

By the way, you are wrong on this. The date that Google displays with search results is just as unreliable as any date on the web - it is based off metdata it finds within the page...

I can prove this too, with evidence... Here's just three search results about the Shooting that were apparently, if your understanding of Google is to be believed, created well before the event. One is even a Youtube video about the evil false flag attack...

You can repeat the search if you want - you'll probably get slightly different results, but the overall outcome will be the same.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I don't understand why msm is not talking about this anymore. Since the day after said event occurred I haven't much on the news other than about some guy on Facebook who apparently killed someone and a 14 yr old who was kidnapped and was found. Has this just been me or has anyone else noticed this?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

cartenz

AKindChap

cartenz
reply to post by AKindChap

Its not on wayback because wayback is an archive--its not Google's cache. NO ARCHIVE is not NO FOLLOW, that is what search bots understand. Wayback did not pick the page up by the time this thread had started, its archive would not be any accurate reflection of how the story first appeared on the web on the 15th.

Huh? The Wayback machine shows how the page would have looked on the day that you selected?..

I speak slowly for you as it say you from England and I know how you Poms cant speak your own #ing language:

Wayback does not crawl the web like Google does; Google, being a multi-billion dollar company built on their search technology can afford to put resources into crawling the web every hour or so. Wayback is an archive run by a non-profit organisation and is not in the business of crawling the web every few hours, they can not afford to and have no reason to.

The remark regarding NO ARCHIVCE and NO FOLLOW is to do with how search bots work, search bots are these little robots that run around the web and click everything so Google knows where all the good pr0n is. NO FOLLOW tells bots not to click things, NO ARCHIVE tells bots to not save the page. DIFFERENT.

Do you understand? Do I need to draw you a picture?

SHIBBOLEET

Send me a search engineer!

Racism, really?

web.archive.org... /web/*/abcnews.go.com...
If you go here, you can see every time the page has been cached.

September the 15th was done at 0:14, 1:36 and 23:35

Why do you think that such a big website - ABC news - would only have a snapshot done every now and then?

Lastly, "cant speak your own #ing language" maybe you should read your first sentence; there's quite a few errors there alone.

www.theisleofwightcomputergeek.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Isitwhatitis
I don't understand why msm is not talking about this anymore. Since the day after said event occurred I haven't much on the news other than about some guy on Facebook who apparently killed someone and a 14 yr old who was kidnapped and was found. Has this just been me or has anyone else noticed this?

Doesn't that also count against the popular conspiracy theories?

The logic is usually that a false flag attack is a way of diverting public attention from an issue while pushing another to the fore. If this has indeed dropped from mainstream news then it wouldn't be doing a good job of either goal, would it?

This would be especially true if the media were, as is suggested by this very thread, complicit in these things.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

buddha
Dont forget the TV news
saying that building 7 has fell down! 911
and you can stiil see it in the back!

edit on 17-9-2013 by buddha because: (no reason given)
add to that the sandy hook facebook page and now this further investigation needs done where is benn swann this is a job for him to get his teeth into

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

geobro

buddha
Dont forget the TV news
saying that building 7 has fell down! 911
and you can stiil see it in the back!

edit on 17-9-2013 by buddha because: (no reason given)
add to that the sandy hook facebook page and now this further investigation needs done where is benn swann this is a job for him to get his teeth into

So so many incorrect things were reported on the live coverage of 9/11. It's very hard to a journalist on the ground with no access to traditional newsroom resources to accurately source and verify information (and even with those resources, a lot of good journalistic practice goes out the window in breaking news situations).

Watch any live news situation and just see how often the media make mistakes. They are taking a lot of unverified information from a lot of sources.

With the BBC's report of WTC7's collapse there are basically two possabilities: 1) They made a mistake an reported something that wasn't correct. 2) They were complicit with a conspiracy underway on 9/11.

Is the second option really the most likely? Really??

The Sandy Hook Facebook thing has been debunked many times over. Facebook groups can be renamed or changed, and timestamps online can be confusing anyway.

In this case I'm not sure how much more it can be debunked - every single article on the Kelowna Daily Courier's site was wrong, and similar errors are just as likely with the few other occurrences.

To believe that things like this are evidence of a conspiracy relies on the belief that the conspirators are very sloppy, and that they are involving WAY more people than they should. If you are conspiring to conduct secret psy-ops and involving the staff of a small Canadian newspaper, you are doing something very very wrong.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkMoreBetterer

i think you better read my thread on 9-11 to see that building 7 is the least of the bbc worries of that day

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

just heard 10 dead in chicago on sky news u.k 5.30 am

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

What I see on that link is:

Monday, 16 September 2013 23:31

That's Monday night, long after the event. Since we have screen shots of it saying "Sunday", does anyone know when it changed? That's a bit odd. Possibly a mistake, but all considered, I have to wonder!
edit on 20-9-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: notes

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

UnifiedSerenity

It is going to be blown off as some error in the system, the question is has this been happening on their other articles? If not, then why this one? There are too many of these odd things around the traumatic events. The Sandy Hook memorial pages up days before the event, the charities set up for the sandy hook children before it happened. Now, this early post? We will just have to see what happens, but we know AR-15, high capacity magazines, veterans, and gun ownership is going to be the target of this.

It's pretty clear who they aim at (pun intended) with this one. A veteran, though all stateside!!!, and "mental issues", though no stated reason for any stress! Of course, it was an "assault rifle". Aren't they all? I actually saw a comment on one article that it must be "PTSD", even though the guy had NO deployments, according to the news. The person stating that tried arguing with me, claiming that "military service is stressful, even stateside"! Unreal. That the guy was probably racist, had weapons charges that should have prevented him having a clearance, and violated existing rules regarding guns doesn't matter to the anti-gun people. I figure, if ANYONE can have them, then everyone should be able to have them. Since the world isn't banning guns, the conclusion is clear.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

ThinkMoreBetterer

Isitwhatitis

Doesn't that also count against the popular conspiracy theories?

The logic is usually that a false flag attack is a way of diverting public attention from an issue while pushing another to the fore. If this has indeed dropped from mainstream news then it wouldn't be doing a good job of either goal, would it?

This would be especially true if the media were, as is suggested by this very thread, complicit in these things.

I'm not quite sure what that has to do with the question I asked, I was just curious if anyone else has seen/heard anything else in the news since said event occurred...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

LadyGreenEyes

What I see on that link is:

Monday, 16 September 2013 23:31

That's Monday night, long after the event. Since we have screen shots of it saying "Sunday", does anyone know when it changed? That's a bit odd. Possibly a mistake, but all considered, I have to wonder!
edit on 20-9-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: notes

They changed it on the Tuesday sometime I think, probably once their email and phones started being bombarded by conspiracy fans.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join