It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Rebels Furious At U.S.-Russian Deal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah my tiny violin is playing overtime. The main concern I see is rebels becoming insane (more insane) than they are now and we end up in some kind of 3 way shootout. Of course that is if we send in troops with the UN (which we will.) At that point we, the UN and the Russians might all end up bombing the whole place.

Sort of the "kill them all let god sort them out" final defense.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Yes I understand - the pipeline and all of that but do have a question. These guys won't let UN inspectors in, so the US has to come to the rescue since they helped raise that monster. But... where I'm lost is how would this help the US oust Assad?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Will we then be in fact supporting Assad and fighting the rebels we had a hand in arming in the first place?

Should have kept fighting Al-Queda like everyone else over there instead of arming/funding them. Oh well, how else would the US create terrorists if not to fund them and then drop them like a hot rock?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
this is all so screwed up..or maybe its just me
who's side are we on again?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by Bassago

Will we then be in fact supporting Assad and fighting the rebels we had a hand in arming in the first place?

Should have kept fighting Al-Queda like everyone else over there instead of arming/funding them. Oh well, how else would the US create terrorists if not to fund them and then drop them like a hot rock?

No arguments here. Right now we are looking really bad as a "world leader." You would think we'd eventually learn something, especially after the mujaheddin. Guess we did, just not the right lesson.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I wasn't clear. I think the rebels launched the sarin in an attempt to get the U.S. to attack Syria, it failed. I think in the near future there will be a major attack on Israel. It may be next week and it will be a chemical attack.

I don't hope for this and I have no source that leads me to believe it will happen. It's just a gut feeling. Common sense. After the attack we will have a valid reason to hit Syria.

Maybe it won't be Israel maybe an ally in Europe.

Just watch....you'll sea.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gotya

The only way to get the US population to go for a "WW3" scenario - which it would be - is to detonate a nuclear device in the US - and you can bet the warmongers/criminal politicians have no problem doing it.

Why do those citizens of Syria have to die for the chessgame the elites are playing right now, over oil pipelines?

There is a God - and those responsible will pay in the long run.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I just think the whole "gas attack" was a ploy to allow or invite U.S. involvement and it failed. Don't believe the group who used chemical weapons will be deterred. They will launch another attack. I know I sound crazy but I don't think it's over yet.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Of course they are went through all that work to set him up only to see Russia screw up there plans. Im s;; most positive the video is a fake i know the reactions Sarin is supposed to cause being a medic and well that is not it. Not to mention the workers helping the victims they should have been going in to convulsions and siezures since wearing a mask over your face doesnt cut it with sarin it can be absorbed through the skin.If the video showed anything it would be dont do this ever when handling victims you will die!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

SLAYER69

gotya

You understand.

It has nothing to do with the loss of life. It's all about money.

Exactly

Oil pipelines, Russian Arms sales to Assad etc etc etc. But somehow, I think you were looking for another perpetrator....

You don't believe its that simple do you? I know the quality of your contributions here.

Everybody has been jostling for a piece of the pie. (Russia, Iran, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UK, USA, Turkey). Its all about money on ALL sides.

Nobody cares about the dead syrians except the general populations of the countries where it suits the position of the rulers for them to feel that way. If it didn't suit it wouldn't be on the news 24 hours. If it wasn't useful or it was embarrassing you would have to scratch up reports on the internet (like the current situation in Libya).

This whole thing with the Chemical weapons deal is a way to put things back into a face saving stalemate for the USA and Russia (the big dogs). Its a way for both to back away from a situation where outright conflict was becoming possible.

The Rebels and Assad can now slug it out on the ground with whatever support can be poured in, maybe grind up another 100k people before its done. No government cares about that, only who wins and who benefits from the winner.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If this was a movie, I'd already be laughing in anticipation of the major league punchline that's about to be delivered but as it stands, there's nothing funny about these clowns chopping up children with saws.
IMHO, I don't see the so-called deal between Putin and Obam-bam lasting in a true and meaningful way.
They know the public is watching their every move on this so they are trying their best to put everyone back to sleep so they can resume to playing "who has the bigger schmeckie"...but what do I know.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Of course they are they thouyhg obama was going to use the us military to help them out, i mean we are already providing material support to them ie terrorists why not help them on the battlefeild too, i mean obama love the MBH so why not al qaeda.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yes this is a trying time for Obama and his Muslim Brotherhood, it would seem they have lost another foot hold in the middle east.

Looks like Obama is no better at being a Muslim then he is a president.

edit on 15-9-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Bassago
Not happy huh? So what are they going to do about it?

They are Al Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood ... so they'll butcher people and scream that they hate the West, and that they want a caliphate, no matter what we do. That's what they'll do about it ... continue to be themselves.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if NATO and Russian "advisers" helped the UN with the collection and destruction of Assad's chemical weapons.

I'd like to see the FSA also turn over their chemical weapons if they have any, or at least stop the supply of these weapons and/or components to them. One step at a time I guess.

Do the Syrian rebels have access to chemical weapons?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

NotApplicable
reply to post by Bassago

Who saw this coming? Back and forth we go, where we stop... who knows.

Anyone care to guess on which country becomes the focal point for the media after Syria?

N/A

Well the story is good cover for the brutal crackdown in Egypt.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Bassago
Not happy huh? So what are they going to do about it?

They are Al Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood ... so they'll butcher people and scream that they hate the West, and that they want a caliphate, no matter what we do. That's what they'll do about it ... continue to be themselves.

In a way I guess that is the point of the article. These rebel terrorists have been butchering everyone in their way whether they're a threat or not. Once the UN force goes in (with Assad's agreement) to secure the chemical weapons they will come under fire of the rebels. At that point we could literally find ourselves supporting Assad and being shot at by weapons we provided the rebels to begin with.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Agree with this, he always will insinuate that Israel is never involved, unless of course they are fighting the "baddies", and "other" players are never those that are "American", etc.

And do it in a way that people are left going, huh ??

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And no matter what, the West will continue to fund them, and use them, to generate the "hates" so Christians can claim there are people worse than them out there, the whole basis of all 3 religions is to cause chaos...but the West claims they have no part in it, it is just what they do...
edit on 15-9-2013 by ParasuvO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

justwokeup
You don't believe its that simple do you? I know the quality of your contributions here.

No I do not, The situation is much more complicated than most understand. This does not make either or any side the victims nor are there any "Good Guys"

Everybody has been jostling for a piece of the pie. (Russia, Iran, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UK, USA, Turkey). Its all about money on ALL sides.

However here at ATS many crucify the US, UK, Saudis and toss in a shot or two at the Evil Jew 'Zionist Israeli" for good measure. While it's obvious they either ignore or are ignorant of the fact that it takes two to tango. It's also lost on many the true nature of Syrian history of stirring the ME pot going back decades. Time to pay the piper? Possibly. Only time will tell.

Nobody cares about the dead syrians except the general populations of the countries where it suits the position of the rulers for them to feel that way. If it didn't suit it wouldn't be on the news 24 hours. If it wasn't useful or it was embarrassing you would have to scratch up reports on the internet (like the current situation in Libya).

It seems that at least some here can and have stayed objective instead of attempting to polish 'Rat turd' in the false belief of making either side they support at least palatable if not acceptable to the masses. The problem there is that once a turd always a turd. Pick a side in this one, you'll find turds...

This whole thing with the Chemical weapons deal is a way to put things back into a face saving stalemate for the USA and Russia (the big dogs). Its a way for both to back away from a situation where outright conflict was becoming possible.

While Obama and Putin play chicken with millions of lives this deal is only face saving I agree. Nothing was really accomplished except that now if either side used them then there will be real consequences. I do not believe it will quell anything.

The Rebels and Assad can now slug it out on the ground with whatever support can be poured in, maybe grind up another 100k people before its done. No government cares about that, only who wins and who benefits from the winner.

Well from where I sit I doubt either side will simply lay down their arms and call it quits. This has the potential to go on for years if not decades. Neither side seems willing to talk. Imagine that, could you even see that happening? I don't. I wish I were wrong in my assessment, but something tells me I'm not.

Time will tell.
edit on 15-9-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join