It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Rebels Furious At U.S.-Russian Deal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Looks like the dog and pony show is set to kick up another notch with the Syrian "rebels" getting all bent over Assad's supposed slippery escape.

Syrian Rebels Furious At U.S.-Russian Deal

With major deadlines now pushed off until next year and Assad appearing to come out smelling of (slightly tarnished) roses with his 'compromise' agreement with Russia (and the US) to join the chemical weapons treaty, not only is Israel now a major focus but the Syrian rebels - as one might expect - are not happy.

Not happy huh? So what are they going to do about it?

Crucially, General Salim Idris notes that this allows Assad "to escape being held accountable"

But another military council official, Qassim Saadeddine, was a little more aggressive: "Let the Kerry-Lavrov plan go to hell. We reject it and we will not protect the inspectors or let them enter Syria."

So that begs the question, if the UN sends in international forces to deal with the chemical weapons and the Syrian rebels start shooting at them will the US end up allied with Russia in fighting them? Will we then be in fact supporting Assad and fighting the rebels we had a hand in arming in the first place?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

what a mess!
i actually see comedic value here.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Who saw this coming? Back and forth we go, where we stop... who knows.

Anyone care to guess on which country becomes the focal point for the media after Syria?

N/A

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

NotApplicable
reply to post by Bassago

Who saw this coming? Back and forth we go, where we stop... who knows.

Anyone care to guess on which country becomes the focal point for the media after Syria?

It makes sense in a crazy way but it's going to get ugly.

As far as after Syria, no idea. Maybe we could go after one or two of the most repressive regimes in the ME, Saudi Arabia and Israel.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It makes me wonder if what we are seeing now was the original intention. Like a game of chess...

N/A
edit on 14-9-2013 by NotApplicable because: goofed

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
many years ago the women of afganistan went to work in skirts and the russian's went to fight the bad guy's supported by a evil goverment abroad .

the christians in syria were living happy with the muslims and all was well until the usual suspects got guns and money from people they hate now they are beheading christians in villages and burning churches .

and they want to arm the rebels aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

that consortum of Rebel-barbarian FSA fighters are quick to the hate-speach against 0bama & the western conveyor-belt of both unlimited money and unlimited arms to fight Syrian forces regardless of the apparent lull in offense by the USA

i guarantee that 0bama will ratchet up the arms supplies and the increased manpower to be paid to wreak destruction on the Syrian regime despite (or as a result of...) the delayed missile & bombing attacks on that nation

in the long run, the USA will be more-so on the sidelines as the 0bama tactic of hired FSA assassins & various beheaders is ramped up to the point of insanity... which will make all those rebel factions even more powerful & better armed to compensate for the absence of USA missile strikes on the Assad military units & storage facilities of CWs & assorted WMDs
~besides USA intel will direct the FSA murderers to the CW storage sitesations that were origionally targeted for the cruise missiles &/or bombing missions~

crocodile tears are being shed by the barbarians fighting the murderers & 'Ghost' forces of Assad

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Damned if we do, damned if we don't... Oh, wait a sec, Who really gives a crap what the rebels think?

Seriously..

edit on 14-9-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

St Udio
reply to post by Bassago

in the long run, the USA will be more-so on the sidelines as the 0bama tactic of hired FSA assassins & various beheaders is ramped up to the point of insanity... which will make all those rebel factions even more powerful & better armed to compensate for the absence of USA missile strikes on the Assad military units & storage facilities of CWs & assorted WMDs
~besides USA intel will direct the FSA murderers to the CW storage sitesations that were origionally targeted for the cruise missiles &/or bombing missions~

This seems the most useful choice for the globalist warmongers. Beef up the rebels while getting Russia and the UN to go in and get hammered. All the while we sit on the sidelines.
edit on 14-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

when do we get to start talking about the scandals that the current administration was involved in before the Syria thing was a big deal?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Whatevs.. the way I look at it, is the voices of the people were heard and at least we're on the right side this time... for now.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

DocHolidaze
reply to post by Bassago

when do we get to start talking about the scandals that the current administration was involved in before the Syria thing was a big deal?

Frankly anytime is good for me. This Syria stuff is getting tiring but it seems worthwhile to at least keep a toe in so too speak.

You're up Doc, dealers choice!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Seeing how we and the Saudis were arming the rebels, I'm sure their upset. This thing has gone diplomatic now, lots of posturing and bargaining now. Why didn't they do that in the first place?

This thing in Syria isn't over. Something else will go down, just so Dictator Obama gets his way, and the Saudis and Israel get a regime change.

Staying tuned.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
LOL Israel better duck because they (the rebels) are gonna launch their crap over "the wall".

What do they (the rebels) have to lose it's common sense. They (the rebels) used chemical weapons and tried to blame the govt.(Syria) now they'll (the rebels) attack Israel to draw the U.S. into a war.

Wait you'll see....today I'm crazy but you'll see....
edit on 14-9-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So the rebels have the ball now. What a screwed up game this is for money and power.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Dianec
So the rebels have the ball now. What a screwed up game this is for money and power.

You understand.

It has nothing to do with the loss of life. It's all about money.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

gotya

You understand.

It has nothing to do with the loss of life. It's all about money.

Exactly

Oil pipelines, Russian Arms sales to Assad etc etc etc. But somehow, I think you were looking for another perpetrator....

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
this is far from being done..rather than a cool down period
i see the pot about to whistle..
who will blink first is any ones guess

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
*whaaa*

Fight your damned civil war and shut the hell up. Don't involve the west in your mess!

I feel for the million+ that have left the mess you and Assad made of your country!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I can easily see the rebels making it as hard as possible if not impossible for the outside nations to disarm the country of chemical weapons. And I can see the US making sure the rebels achieve this through supplying them so Obama can make good on his plan to strike.

Obama said over a year ago Assad must go, the US will not back down from that easily at all, neither will russia It's pledge to support Assad.

ROUND AND ROUND WE GO, WHERE WE STOP KNOW ONE KNOWS.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join