It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me with my esoteric challenge to learn who I am?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by eso322

If your really learning who you are brace yourself man. Usually tend to go through a lot of # learning that.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Read "ulysses" by James Joyce. Not only will you find out who you are...You will find out who everybody else is as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

olaru12
reply to post by eso322

Read "ulysses" by James Joyce. Not only will you find out who you are...You will find out who everybody else is as well.

God bless you for reminding me why I read this site, Olaru12......for this is the best advice, truly, I've ever seen, for this quandary, and I'm living in one every day....(qundary) Thanks for reminding me of this work.
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I couldn't tell you who you are, but I can tell you if you get married and nagged for endless years and finally look in the mirror, you will remember who you once were.
Of course I am kidding here. My suggestion is you seem a little too self involved and trying too hard to fit some predefined mold. Just follow your ambition and passions and your heart, and you will discover yourself through that. Why? Because you already are who you are, its just a matter of coming to terms with it. And be honest with yourself, don't become too full of yourself or let peoples opinions raise you up or bring you down too much.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by honested3

Everybody seems to think that Im some sad sob. Lord. No its completely opposite. Im talking about learning things that can only be known by going through an esoteric journey. Personal journey. Personal Knowledge. That is why it is personal knowledge because it individual knowledge. Eso knowledge. Inner scientific journeys must be taken. Eso journeys. Define ones soul. Ones individual being. Soul being. The ONLY TRUE UNIVERSIAL RELIGION IS ESOTERIC/Personal/Inner religion. Religious Icons have left churches and claim to have gone beyond the bible. This is the stuff they talk about. True ascension. Master science religion and philosophy. It seems like a monumental task but it is rather possible.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Congratulations - I think you have the makings of a psychopath. You could be president - or God himself.

I think you need to go back to the post that had the three simple questions.

Do you want to control yourself with "magic" - or do you want to control others?

How old are you?
edit on 15-9-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

haha...y u say that jack

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

eso322
I have always for some reason had this strong urge to want a Philosophical Organization to beat me till I find out who I am.

But that wont happen so I guess I have to learn it the hard way.

The "hard" way is ultimately the only way, so actually it's the easiest imo.

I know I want to find out who I am. So I can begin to be who I want to be.

I don't know who I want to be yet because I don't rightly know who I am.

You have to be who you want to be first to find out who you are.

And don't try so hard at creating a future with thinking about it too much. Follow your heart more and the clarity will emerge.

Good luck dear traveller.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

eso322
Im talking about learning things that can only be known by going through an esoteric journey. Personal journey. Personal Knowledge. That is why it is personal knowledge because it individual knowledge. Eso knowledge. Inner scientific journeys must be taken. Eso journeys. Define ones soul. Ones individual being. Soul being. The ONLY TRUE UNIVERSIAL RELIGION IS ESOTERIC/Personal/Inner religion. Religious Icons have left churches and claim to have gone beyond the bible. This is the stuff they talk about. True ascension. Master science religion and philosophy. It seems like a monumental task but it is rather possible.

This video will help you investigate the 'I am' feeling.

If you are truly serious about finding out what you are be prepared to find that you are not a thing.

To be or not to be? That is the question.
edit on 15-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

MildBill
reply to post by eso322

You are who you think you are.

Thought will say many things but if you believe thought then you will be deceived.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

eso322

I wish to do that so I can begin to separate conditioned thoughts from those of my own.

Thoughts are appearances and you are what sees and knows the appearance. No thought is 'yours' because there is no you that they refer to.

Whatever appears is not you. You actually never appear - you are what is seeing and knowing.
Can the seer of what is seen be seen?

You are the witness of the play of light which arises unconditionally.

Look to what is looking to see yourself.

“What we are looking for is what is looking.” St. Francis of Assisi

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

That would be really trippy and fun. But honestly, if you haven't dabbled in that world before, I would just go with a good friend to some place peaceful in nature so the stimuli isn't overwhelming. I guarantee you that if you have questions, you will get your answers.
edit on 9-15-13 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Some people would advise you to get in touch with your inner child. That would be your worst mistake.
You should never talk to that crybaby.

My advise to you would go look in the mirror. See that person looking back at you? That is who you are. People know who they are they just refuse to accept the ugliness of reality.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

I wangt to bad but no one I know...Trust me I have tried...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There is no answere to that question, I Am That I Am and nothing more. Tomorrow your idea of I Am will change as time passes plus experinces you either overcome or still working on overcoming them.

Star charts just tell you where the Stars were at the time of your Birth as far as I see it. Now mood rocks actually do work! Still the who am I will be around to the day you die!

Knowing who you are has two side. One where the world has it's view of you and you who has it view of yourself in that world. Knowing the parts of you is like someone calling you crazy when in fact the last time you checked all voices were doing okay.

OMG! Childhood! It is here you begin to create yourself; hope your parent's wern't as crule as mine were. Then it is off to Highschool where you played with what you created as a child! Next it's either college or working world; Fun Everywhere!

Be Yourself they say, being yourself is only on what you actually do and not care what people think of you! Now if you into killing people off, sick-o or just plain mad, you will be placed in check! On the other hand if you are giving it your best, who care's what people think of you?

Looking at a mirror and staying there your mind could come up with many neg's before it starts to come up with anything positive. So you have to weed out the pass experence's of your life to see where they came from. I am nothing more then what I have created and yet I am.

When you start to going within and asking yourself Who Am I; Thats where the Power begins, of course this is how I see it. Other's have different ways of doing it too! Never hurt's to ask, sometime's just asking this question to one's self some get lost, answeres given you do not like, things change in perspective.

Nothing has No Power over you, not even the Stars! Although I do feel a new/different Power as of late............................. Waking Up as some call it. Long as I don't turn into a ball of light. Then what would I do? Hopefully get to go home!

I am so Tired!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Inner Child? Crybaby? Some have hid there inner child for way too long! And what if you had #ucked up childhood and never got to be a child?

Crybaby no! Part of yourself that needs a chance to open/express itself some. Lock that away and somehow you lose it understanding! A child's inmagination is one of the best things for a child to explore. A child who does not get a chance to be one has issues in life.

Calling your Inner Child a crybaby is just rude! To other's and yourself. I wish I had a childhood.............seems that I get to have mind later in life....................... after the crying though you find out it wants to come out and play!

Emotions hid in a closet will not help anything! Those Emotions are your Children You Created and you must Love them too!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Check your inbox.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

eso322

I know I want to find out who I am. So I can begin to be who I want to be. I don't know who I want to be yet because I don't rightly know who I am.

Once I do that I can finally tackle the effect of influence derived from the exoteric manipulation and the Practical Application of The 48 Laws of Power. OR REAL MAGIC.

Make my own religion...You know the usual stuff...Do what I can to enforce my Philosophy. And pass down my consciousness through generations.

I love this forum for this kind of thing. Someone who doesn't even know who he is but is sure that he's got the answers for other people.

Okay, here it is. If you're like most everyone else on this planet, you're already who you are, and while this will change to a degree, for the most part, you'll simply continue to define and solidify that person that you've already constructed with that brain of yours. If you're not like most everyone on this planet, and you're actually free to suddenly become a completely different person than the person you've already created yourself to be, then there's something profoundly wrong with the way that your brain works. It's really just that simple.

Think whatever you want, but the truth is, short of a complete schizophrenic break or some amount of significant brain damage, in 20 years you'll be a somewhat older, hopefully wiser, version of exactly the same person you are right now.

And good luck with the religion thing. People only want their saviors to reenforce whatever it is that they already believe to be true about that sort of thing. Dry drunks and junkies who are desperately trying to get clean are probably your best bet for acolytes, but they suck at being minions. The whole endeavor ends up being a balance between availability and quality, so don't expect too much.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

The Tao that can be told is NOT the 'eternal' Tao... So,sew, this should eliminate You trying to find 'it' in a book or being told what 'it' is.

It would assist You greatly once Your kundalini is awakened to remember "What someOne thinks of You is none of Your business"

namaste

P.S. When/if You do start up a ®eligion (w/those tax breaks other $$ centric folk may follow suit; so think of cute costumes and/or trinkets; at least something for t-shirts...) BUT stay off my porch, phone, numerous e-mail w/My various nom de plumes, etc... |'m/We/Us We are vibing in a Free Will Zone...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join