It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me with my esoteric challenge to learn who I am?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Where do I start? I have been told astrological charts.

For example...If I was to study my astrological chart and find out what kind of person I am. I can carry the advice section in say my pocket as a constant reminder of who I want to be.

I have always for some reason had this strong urge to want a Philosophical Organization to beat me till I find out who I am.

But that wont happen so I guess I have to learn it the hard way.

I know I want to find out who I am. So I can begin to be who I want to be. I don't know who I want to be yet because I don't rightly know who I am.

Wow, that's a bit of a tongue twister.

I wish to do that so I can begin to separate conditioned thoughts from those of my own.

Once I do that I can finally tackle the effect of influence derived from the exoteric manipulation and the Practical Application of The 48 Laws of Power. OR REAL MAGIC.

Make my own religion...You know the usual stuff...Do what I can to enforce my Philosophy. And pass down my consciousness through generations.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

No one can tell you who you are. If someone does, ignore them.

Seek truth, be honest, find meaning.

Good luck, we are all with you!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

You are a legendary slayer of Grisly bears and mountain lions, pre-training.

You are the village drunk, before his first hard night.

You are what will be the last remaining man from Detroit, after you move there, and every other man moves out.

See where I am going with this? You are definitionless. You are potentially a thousand things, and obligated to be very few of them. Why let others define your destiny for you? Can another person really answer the question you asked, and if so, what answers would you take and why?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

I'm wondering the same my friend. I do believe that some people have the ability to pull it out of you.

Military breaks you down and builds you up to be what they want. Blood-thirsty. But depending on the person, they may come out a better person for it. But yeah these types of people have the ability to pull it out of you.

edit on 9-14-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Answer the following questions and I will tell you who you are, in large part:

1. List two of your special personal qualities like "love" or "creativity".

2. List one (or two) ways you enjoy expressing those qualities when interacting with others like "inspire" or "support".

3. Describe to me the perfect world. How would people be? What's the perfect condition?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

There is no such thing as separating conditional thoughts from those of your own. All thoughts are conditioned, and none are your own.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Start with honesty. Embrace it. I personally believe that when we first realize that we have been lied to by our parents, though they meant well, we begin to lie to ourselves. It is easier to recognize a lie told by others, than a lie we tell to ourselves.

edit on 14-9-2013 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Umm... well I think that if you look for yourself, you will find other people.

And one day when you stop looking, there you will be.

If you're in a rush, you'll never get there. Because this race has no end.

More cliches? Actually, it sucks that when I want to say something, it comes out in a sort of hippy baloney manner, but the intent is actually legitimate.

One thing is for sure, no matter who you find, you will not be that person for ever. The nature of the brain changes and there is little we can do to stop it. Once you alter the dimensions of it with thought, you can't unthink it.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

First, You mentioned "Astrology" fine. Get Your 'Ayurvedic Astrology' (FREE online) and then go from that point forward. The horoscope You read in the paper is not the "true" horoscope. i.e. How many different shifts have occurred over this last 72,000 years? The horoscope under the comics haven't taken into account the aforementioned "shifts", therefore You will never "find" the true You if THAT is Your map/compass...

YES, 'They' have lied from the beginning and will lie each/every time. As was typed, ONLY You can find You and if someOne offers to help for a fee, go the opposite way.

But just w/Your "intention" of seeking You will "find" and Have a pleasant trip!!

namaste

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Having read the ops question here is the answer that he should consider:

The question that he is asking for, who am I. Of that there is only one person who can answer, and that is only the OP can answer who he is. Such a question has been around for a years and is part of a means of circular logic. The sad part is that ultimately the op is being asked to define himself in ways that would not be considered, and it usually takes a good 2 weeks just to come up with the basic answer. And most of the time the first answer is never the correct answer.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Real Magic(k)? Before You work with the "power tools" You first have to pass the written...

continued "Good Luck" but like the under comics 'Astrology' You were told to seek, that would fall under "cold"...

namaste

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That is a very important question and one that most of us ponder at some point or another. I could never tell you who you are because like yourself I struggle with that on a daily, heck, hourly basis, if I speak honestly.

This much I can share with you about myself.

I know that I am imperfect, I have lied, I have stolen and I have cheated. I have made people cry, I have been unjust, Self centered and selfish, I have said many things that I have regretted; If not instantly after many a sleepless night. I have been angry and my anger has been directed at the wrong people. I have been a lot of things that I am not proud of.

On the other hand, I have told many truths, I have given from my heart without expecting anything in return, I have loved deeply and I have cried. I have enjoyed moments of intense happiness and made others happy. I have been kind and other peoples suffering has made me feel deep sadness, because although I wish I could change others circumstances I can't.

I could go on, but the point I am trying to convey is that we are ever changing and always learning, sometimes the most difficult question to answer is the one you have posed. Different circumstances will dictate who we are at different times.

I wish you luck in the search of YOU. Just remember everything is a choice, that is just MY opinion, of course....

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

eso322
Where do I start? I have been told astrological charts.

For example...If I was to study my astrological chart and find out what kind of person I am. I can carry the advice section in say my pocket as a constant reminder of who I want to be.

I have always for some reason had this strong urge to want a Philosophical Organization to beat me till I find out who I am.

But that wont happen so I guess I have to learn it the hard way.

I know I want to find out who I am. So I can begin to be who I want to be. I don't know who I want to be yet because I don't rightly know who I am.

Wow, that's a bit of a tongue twister.

I wish to do that so I can begin to separate conditioned thoughts from those of my own.

Once I do that I can finally tackle the effect of influence derived from the exoteric manipulation and the Practical Application of The 48 Laws of Power. OR REAL MAGIC.

Make my own religion...You know the usual stuff...Do what I can to enforce my Philosophy. And pass down my consciousness through generations.

You are playin with words.
The reason you don't know who you are is because you don't know who you want to be . It is up to you to choose.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

You are who you think you are.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Hey eso322:

First, is there a reason for the numbers you chose to identify yourself here?

Second: This sticks out for me more than anything else in your post (having said that you have some riveting responses here, truly, but these are just my impressions)

and then this, too, combined:

So, what I gather from that, is you interpret that we are extremely manipulated in thought and action these days. And you are seeking to separate that manipulation from "who you truly are," as an individual, without and beyond that manipulation. And, further, if someone "beat" you metaphorically or otherwise, you might be pushed to find the true essence of self, yes?

Just repeating your thoughts here, so I can try to understand where you're coming from. I agree, to some degree, that stress, certainly does quantify and qualify our existence, reality and knowledge of self. We could go into, from there, if anyone should have to live through that to get there, but that isn't your thread topic, so I won't digress into that, which is my particular, "agenda," on this board, and will freely admit that.

Having said all that crap, I believe there are many ways to truly know who you are, and separate from the "background noise," if you will, without being beaten or stressed like that. In fact, many members have supplied a list of particular questions or answers to that quandary for you.

What I would like to ask, instead, is what are the parts of you, that you do not feel are inherent, having defined this task of determining individuality as you have, and how are they presented to you so that you recognize them as not inherent in and of you? For in this answer, I believe, you will find yourself.
Sincerely and respectfully,
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I think your answering your own question. You want to make your own religion, enforce your philosophy, and impact future generations. That says you have a philosophy and want to matter. Sounds like you know who you are today. I think you are asking who you are as the end result; a transpersonal experience; how are you more than the identity you have acquired?
edit on 15-9-2013 by Dianec because: Had to erase part I was replying to

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

OMG. Thanks for that. Matter of fact my favorite line in any major film is from Good Will Hunting...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Where...

I was thinking about going to...

because # you
edit on 15-9-2013 by eso322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by eso322

A couple things come to mind:
"Help! Im a ROCK!" by Frank Zappa, Mothers of Invention-Freak OUT.

And second:
1. Go to a beach
2. Pick up large handfuls of sand.
3. Pour them on a table.

You are the tiny grain of sand in the piles that is light brownish-gold.
Why cant you find that specific grain? Its there. It does exist in those colored grains?

Specifically which one is you? You cant say. Because while looking at those millions of separate grains spread out on the table, you realize there are millions of grain there and all around the world in rivers, lakes, oceans etc. And, ALL appear the basic "same".

So, in attempting to find your one, specific grain...you really cannot. Because they all appear as sand in grain-size and color...multiplying times a zillion...all the single grains of sand on this planet.

Remember now? You are the light brownish one...so pick it out. That one is you. *

*this to point out, who we are is hard to distinguish between one grain and another...we have to somehow try to stick out!
edit on 2010 by mysterioustranger because: cma

top topics

<<   2 >>

join