It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless Hotel Tab Nears $1M per Week with No Plan for How to Get Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Usually, the problem with social welfare programs is that the funds intended for the needy get consumed by the administrators.

Here is a program that plans to fail by failing to plan.

Homeless hotel tab nears $1M a week

As of yesterday, the state was putting up 1,710 families in motels around the state at $82 per family — a cost of $140,220 per day.
It marks a sudden spike from a daily caseload that was already trending up from 1,251 families in March to 1,369 in July, according to the Department of Housing and Community Development.
“People are basically frightened,” said John J. Drew, president and CEO of the community agency Action for Boston Community Development (ABCD).
“They’re sitting in a hotel or motel with a hot plate, no transportation and looking around and saying, ‘Where do we go from here?’ ... There’s no exit strategy to empty the hotels and motels. I wish I can say I’m hopeful but I don’t see it.”

I am not even going to go down the corruption angle on this one, it is simply failing to help.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

That is pretty massive issue. It is really surprising that the local PTB have not acted on this.

For 140K a day, better provisions could be made most certainly. That means that each family is getting $2460 a month just for a place to stay and a hot plate.

How in the hell does that make sense?

You can buy a house and live good for that kind of money. I have never known ANY recipient to receive that kind of money. Why is it O.K. to foot that kind of bill for hotel/motels?
edit on 11-9-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Eliminate taxes and there will be money circulating the economy on a grass roots level so people can actually employe themselves instead of having to slave away economically and socially in the modern corporate camps.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Unfortunately, I expect we will Never see the elimination of Any taxes because that will put an end to all "Black Projects" and they just can't have that.

Sad, But True.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

wish I owned the motel/hotel, with that sort of steady regular income, methinks would be buying one or two more motels.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Astounding, isn't it? Welcome to Massachusetts where our cops get $200,000/year.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I would be happy with less taxes, we can start there and work our way down to enough taxes.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

Yes, well, as I said, I'm not even going to speculate on the potential corruption here as the facts speak for themselves.

But, please do draw your own conclusions.
edit on 11-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

top topics

join