It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'Breakthrough' is possible on Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here is part of Obama's interview with CNN today...

Washington (CNN) -- Russia's proposal for Syria to surrender its chemical weapons to international control was a "potentially positive development," but could be a stall tactic, President Barack Obama told CNN on Monday.

"We're going to run this to ground," Obama said in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, adding that the United States will work with Syrian ally Russia and the international community "to see if we can arrive at something that is enforceable and serious."

A 'breakthrough' on the horizon?

Obama said the new proposal that emerged Monday from Russia resulted from his threat to attack Syria for violating an international ban on using chemical weapons, as his administration contends occurred on August 21 in suburban Damascus.

Obama: 'Breakthrough' is possible on Syria

Sounds like Russia changed Obama's tune a little....

"President Obama Syria Interview with CNN"

Who's reading between the lines ?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
here's the Fox interview....

"9/9/13 - Barack Obama Addresses Syria Concerns In Interview
w/ Chris Wallace - Fox News - Full Interview"

Any differences from CNN ?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

President Obama just makes it clear to the U.S.A citizens he can't keep his word for anything... Act as you speak..

At least thats what we do in Australia

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Sorry but I can’t listen to 15 minutes of Obama. My brain shuts off after @20 seconds.
What is “between the lines” that we should know (in your opinion)?

Personally, I don’t care what reason he’s changing his tune on Syria as long as he’s CHANGING HIS TUNE. US has no business in Syria so I’ll be happy if he backs down gracefully and claims political victory…fine by me!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by opviper7

Yeah,

All we've been hearing is the tough talk.

Somebody's been fooling somebody I think.

Even with this miracle 'proposal', the fighting isn't gonna stop in Syria is it ?

What is the real 'goal' with this anyway ?

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

He is just selling lies and his plan has been thrown under a bus by Kerry and his proposal about handing over the chemical weapons.

He still mainains the lie that assad is killing his own people and that assad was the one who has used chemical weapons.

Speaking to Russia's foreign minister Sergei Lavrov Mr Kerry said that his comments were not meant to be a proposal.

www.itv.com...

Syria said ok, will do.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yeah, because Russia became the new diplomats, while the US remains the military aggressor.

How to save face from this one, when you're shown to be the international bully and your "foe" is diplomatically de-escalating the situation?

edit on 9-9-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sorry but I can’t listen to 15 minutes of Obama. My brain shuts off after @20 seconds.

What is “between the lines” that we should know (in your opinion)?

Don't blame ya for not listening....it's boring as hell anyway

@“between the lines”;

IMO, I haven't seen or heard anything from the 'miracle' proposal that stops the current civil war.

Them not saying anything (the silent treatment) must mean they want the fighting to continue as it is and will be ? I wonder why.

There must be more to it eh?

edit on Sep-09-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Obama said the new proposal that emerged Monday from Russia resulted from his threat to attack Syria for violating an international ban on using chemical weapons, as his administration contends occurred on August 21 in suburban Damascus.

His Threat to attack?
His administration?
Maybe it's just me looking at the way the article is written....but, boy, he sounds like he thinks a lot of himself....

I, like seabag, cannot stomach listening to him for more than a few seconds

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

How to save face from this one, when you're shown to be the international bully?

If you don’t actually DO ANYTHING then you’re not the bully….you’re just a big mouth, right?

Look, this administration is rife with arrogance and incompetence. I would expect nothing more from these dolts. I think the WORLD is beginning to see that Obama and his Merry Band of Goofballs are the REAL problem here…not America or the American people. I suspect the world will be as glad to see him go as I will.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would like to take this time to thank the President of Russia for covering this one .It is quite embarrassing to say the least how this elected guy turned international diplomacy into the third grade ,but he sure seemed to pull it off.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here's Assad's interview while we're at it....

"Syrian President Bashar al-Assad - Charlie Rose Interview - September 9, 2013"

PBS' Charlie Rose interviews Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Monday, September 9, at 9 p.m. in a special presentation of CHARLIE ROSE. In this global television exclusive, Assad gives his only television interview since President Barack Obama asked Congress to approve the use of force against the Syrian regime for alleged use of chemical weapons against the Syrian people.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Exactly, then that makes you all talk and a big windbag...

But this is not an isolated incident (see Libya).

Regardless, how to save face when every bone in your body and everything you have said says you're gonna "get these guys" for their supposed used to chemical weapons.

Yeah, they gotta save face 'cause they are all Gung ho with bombing the # outta them more than they are with trying to solve it diplomatically.

And the world knows and sees this.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Assad should give up who ever let that chemical weapon attack happen without his consent. They should be given over to the international court, even if it is his brother.. Be stern with them, no need to start dropping bombs.. Lets hope Obama the destroyer doesn't let his hubris and arrogance get in the way.
Obama is trying to act like he has a pair, but everyone can see the king has no clothes.. Obama is in over his head and the people around him are drowning in their own failure.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It's very interesting how propaganda works. I hope people on a large scale are starting to notice how it's being used on them. There has been absolutely no evidence presented to the public that would show Assad as being the culprit. Yet all you see in the msm, even from Obama himself is that Assad is guilty of using CW. They say it with such certainty to, like it's a fore gone conclusion, you'd be crazy to think otherwise.

Nice trick by Obama saying in both interviews presented that even Iran frowns upon the use of CW, because Iraq used them on their country. Man Syria must be even worse than Iran.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Being a student of history, one could say the following:

Take the offer and don't be stupid. Russia, does not make offers or solutions that often. And the last time it did, it was on the brink of war with the USA. So we should consider their offer and take it, let them work out the details and if it happens again, we can then point to their failure to prevent the use of a chemical weapons.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I think its all for the secret alien underground base, Bashar Assad has under is domain control. The greedy Americans want those little critters and their secrets of tech.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

What a debacle!!!!
This guy is a joke! America is being laughed at everywhere except america/...

he cant talk without lying..
it is good world war 3 is off but he made the US look like a pansy a#$, with a big mouth and no teeth.
does anyone think our nuclear deterrent is still credible.....lmao not with this idiot in office!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What you can deduce from all this that the UN report is not going to go Assads way and that Russians know the world is going know Assads forces used the gas. Russia desperate to protect its arms market has siezed upon this as chance to delay Assads fall and keep making some money. The US goal in these strikes would be to keep Assad from using gas again. By turing over the weapons that meets its goal and Assads regime lives a little longer. I do not know how realistic is to have international troops in Syria to take the weapons as much like the rebels Assad does not have direct control of all the forces on his side. I also expect the West to finaly start arming and training the rebels.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

So, the Nobel Peace Prize winner whose first thought was, "throw a missle at the problem" gets some help from a former KGB agent? Nice! But I'm sure we can spin this...

Hey, if the POTUS didn't threaten to bomb Syria, they would have never agreed to give up their chemical weapons. Win for the POTUS! Win for America! I mean, ya know that Secretary Kerry was the first to mention this. Yep, he did. Dang Ruskies stole his idea. The POTUS wants peace, but sometimes you gotta threaten those eggs with a missle attack if you want to make an omelet...right?

POTUS: Leading from the front, taking care of those who can't.

Awww, yeah! Where's your Aqua Buddha now, Rand Paul?

This message was paid for by the Obama is King Foundation.
edit on 9-9-2013 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join