It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage exorcists who say Harry Potter has corrupted the world head to Britain armed with Bibles and

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I actually kinda pity them... To be so blinded by religious ideology doesn't bode well for their future success in life.

Reality, it is to be hoped most fervently, will be gentle with them. Though I doubt it will be...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Knowing what we know of the country of Great Britain, I hope they know a good solicitor, after all if they were to say the wrong thing, they could be charged with breaking a law and get deported from the UK, or banned from the country.

But beyond that, the next question that should be asked, did they ever see any of the "spells" that was shown and written about used with the exact same effects? They make a big claim, and personally I think that they have been drinking a few too much of the sacramental wine.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I think they know very well what they're doing. They're using Harry Potter as an opportunity to reach and manipulate a younger demographic.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Easily one of the most ridiculous crusades in modern times that I've ever heard of, and I'm a Christian.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

...how embarrassing...

Do they realize how incredibly stupid their "mission statement" sounds.

I heard there are some witches in New England that need some burning...

Wish I could use the Forgeticus spell on my brain, as I don't want to believe these people are real.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

You may very well be correct. Doesn't change the fact that they're blinded by their religious ideology. Doesn't change my pity, either, now that I think on it... They're self deluded, intellectually challenged children who need to take their blinders off. Belief in an omniscient being is all very well and good. I share that belief, though not in the same way... To be that full of hubris, as to believe that they understand the mind of God? That sort of hubris is rife with pitfalls just waiting to destroy them.

Insanity comes in many forms, I suppose.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

There heart's are in the right place but they are more likely to get a lot of abuse and mockery, still I wish them well and hope for there safety.
I was more taken with the lord of the rings as a kid and the story of Merlin and Arthur, with the possible exception of Merlin whom may have been either a welsh druid or chieften these character's were fictitious but anyone whom has done even a little occult research (Don't ok) will tell you that the evil that seek's a way into the soul of a person (or is already there) will try any method and masquerade is nothing new to it, the opening of the self to these forces even in play acting can have unpleasent and unforseen consequences.
Britain is arguably one of the most haunted places in the world and has some of the most unholy pagan site's though for the most part they have been built over by monastery's in the past the removal of the religious orders during the reformation and the resergence of the Wicken occult both pagan and masonic has perhaps awakened these places of evil. (Read this prayer and understand - scroll down to the 33rd degree and above as this was written by an ex freemason whom had repented and thoroughly turned to god www.isaiah54.org... ), since the Hellfire Club (and it's international chapters under othere name's) en.wikipedia.org... Also had the same members whom formed the upper hierarchy of society that also were the upper echelons of the masonic hierarchy it can be seen how whatever there original intentions the lower orders of the masons were subverted to the worship of lucifer by these same evil people whom today show there place in such orders as the bullingdon club and other such covens. On an international level there tentacles reached into every chapter and lodge over the past three hundred years weaving a veiled organisation within the lodge structure and it may be better if these youngsters were to pray for the members of these lodges instead.

I do not expect anyone of a normal temperemant to take anything I say here as serious but I most certainly am,. Do not play with the occult - My sister and her friend used a uigi board in the garden shed as young teenagers when I was only a small boy and she had a very bad experience when the glass moved on it's own and started saying evil thing's, they broke the glass and ran for there lives from the shed but only told of this years later, We (the rest of the family I am the youngest and as only 4 at the time) had many paranormal experiences and I would happily never have had them. Jeanette my sister whom did this with her friend Susan Bourn (whom later killed her self) has been a very wicked and sly person ever since.

If a book caused harm whatever a sword and sorcery fantasy may be accused of though there is far worse such as that hack Dan Brown whom made out his fictitious book the Davinci code was real only to admit he had made much of it up later but only when a number of people had commited suicide after reading it including an elderly priest whom had mental problem's amongst others.

I sincerely wish I could agree with you skeptical people but as one whom has experienced the super natural I can not in good conscience mock these kid's though I can say they should allow the older and wiser to deal with this though Evangelism is something I would not wish to discourage.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Night Star

I agree. That is soooooo ridiculous. Some people are so brainwashed by their religion and beliefs. It's a friggin story and a wonderful, creative and inspiring one at that. I am a Harry Potter fan all the way!

I see what your are doing there. "Ridiculous!" is a Harry Potter spell for defense against the Dark Arts, right?

See? The spells really do work. You just took the power out of those teenaged zealots' plot and protected yourself and other ATS readers from their inane nonsense.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Yeah, they are right, London does need to be EXCERCISED - flipping idiots

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
These girls know exactly what they are doing. One of them is Brynne Larson, daughter of Bob Larson the radio, TV evangelist and self appointed exorcist. They are just following in his money making ways.

What I am seeing is religion being sold through 3 sex symbols. From some earlier comment I can see it's working. They are attractive and they come with a message so for the most part they already have the attention of most men. I may be wrong but we all know that sex sales.

Hey guys and gals, let's be honest with ourselves for a moment. If these three ladies were 3 of the ugliest woman you had set your eyes on would the message have still gotten your attention in the same way?

It's Harry Potter now but I remember when it was AD&D or Judas Priest. Remember when Ozzy bit that bat? The religious world did a back flip. Now it's Harry Potter? I wonder what they think about The Lord of the Rings? No, wait. I don't really want to know.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yeah, this sounds like my neighbor. She and her husband belong to a Baptist church, and they would not let their three kids see Harry Potter movies because of the "witchcraft and spells", which are in fact "real spells from hell". All kinds of crazy. I tried to explain that the stories center around empowerment of people through the good, not the evil, she would not listen.

Interestingly enough though, the Lord of The Rings series was "ok", and their children were allowed to see these movies.
Really?

My husband and I used to read aloud from the first Harry Potter book with our son years ago. Good times, and I don't recall him ever performing an evil spell of any kind. Come to think of it, if this is truly a problem, would we not hear of kids performing spells all over, changing people into toads and such? Get real, this has a religious zealotry flavor that I just can't swallow.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

WeRpeons
reply to post by Night Star

I have to agree with you about the story. I'm in my 50's and I truly enjoyed going to see every Harry Potter movie with my son. It was truly an imaginary and fun movie to watch. My son and I would have many conversations about the characters and the plots. To make that movie into something evil is just down right ridiculous.

I'm in my fifties too! It's always good to nurture the child within no matter how old we get. This story really did impress people of all ages.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Erongaricuaro

Night Star

I agree. That is soooooo ridiculous. Some people are so brainwashed by their religion and beliefs. It's a friggin story and a wonderful, creative and inspiring one at that. I am a Harry Potter fan all the way!

I see what your are doing there. "Ridiculous!" is a Harry Potter spell for defense against the Dark Arts, right?

See? The spells really do work. You just took the power out of those teenaged zealots' plot and protected yourself and other ATS readers from their inane nonsense.

But of course. I wouldn't have it any other way.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Here you go...Just the spells. If these young lady believe these spells are real, there is something terribly wrong with them.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

It's Harry Potter now but I remember when it was AD&D or Judas Priest. Remember when Ozzy bit that bat? The religious world did a back flip. Now it's Harry Potter? I wonder what they think about The Lord of the Rings? No, wait. I don't really want to know.

I remember that, too. Though I don't think I've ever heard anything said about the Lord of the Rings...

But Dungeons and Dragons? Oh, my god. I live in a town with a huge, per capita, population of Seventh Day Adventists, with a levening of hard core Baptists... One of these groups threatened to burn down a game store that dared loan out a back room for a D and D group. Demonic, you see... Someone asked them once, "So to combat demonic influences, you'll become demonic?" They didn't get it...

Some of the same nitwits started in on Harry Potter, too. My fave little book store owner told 'em to take a hike. Actually he said something else, but it was very naughty, and might make some of us blush...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Am I stupid, perhaps a little pedantic, in wondering how someone can become a PROFESSIONAL exorcist? Not even the term oxymoron seems to fit here...Well, I guess they are cutesy and full of 'merican wholesome apple pie
Sell those newspapers boys

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
These girls know exactly what they are doing. One of them is Brynne Larson, daughter of Bob Larson the radio, TV evangelist and self appointed exorcist. They are just following in his money making ways.

What I am seeing is religion being sold through 3 sex symbols. From some earlier comment I can see it's working. They are attractive and they come with a message so for the most part they already have the attention of most men. I may be wrong but we all know that sex sales.

Hey guys and gals, let's be honest with ourselves for a moment. If these three ladies were 3 of the ugliest woman you had set your eyes on would the message have still gotten your attention in the same way?

Wow good info here! I saw this posted on my facebook today from one of my friends and as soon as I read it I replied,

"Yea it sure does look like they're possessed to me; I'm thinking Mammon

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

research100

people like those 3 make the usa look like a bunch of morons, they are an embarassment to my country

What about the guy who accidentally killed his neighbour by firing his shotgun through the wall? Or how about those responsible for Americas insane incarceration rates? Or there's the Westboro Baptist Church, actually I think there's way more that just these 3 that embarrass your country. Sorry

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
As a resident of the UK I can assure you those girls will be exorcised themselves once they set foot on british soil. Most certainly the younger generation where I live would probably tie them up and post them back whence they came LOL

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I reckon half the younger population might be lining up to be exorcised by them - they're pretty cute!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join