It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I noticed a couple of months ago that when I use the word 'window' in a post, it doesn't show up.
Since that time, I have seen a lot of other posters try to use the word, and all that shows up is a '__'.
Is the word window against T&C?
Is there something ATS doesn't want us to know?
I want my window word back.

P.S. It seems to happen most often when you end a sentence with the word window.
edit on 50000001111America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

To add: You can not end a sentence with the 'window' word.
Window Window. window window.
edit on 5u1111America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

One more clue: window at the end of a sentence, along with a 'period' keeps it from appearing. No period, and it will show up.
If this seems like an unimportant, minor thing-congratulations! You obviously don't have OCD tendencies!
edit on 50000001111America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I was wondering if there are no more alerts to incoming U2U messages with the new site design.Or is it only a problem I'm having with my device?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I haven't seen this mentioned it might just be me but using Firefox ATS goes "Not Responding" when clicking onto links for threads off the home page or even while it is just sitting on the page over time without clicking on links at all.I have reinstalled Firefox checked any plugins that are installed and it still happens.This is the only site that this happens on.Anyone else have this problem its only been happening since the website has been updated.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by skeeterslint

I've been getting that message from Firefox on several websites today. Not this one though...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

This is the only site I have a problem with, not every post I click but it does happen often.What gets me though is it will come out of it sometimes, I have never had a program go not responding then come out of it.I sometimes thinks its the ads but I can't say for sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Lately, whenever i scroll down to the bottom of a thread, the font keeps getting bigger and bigger until it's unreadable.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
the main page of the site, none of the links work. what happens is, if you click on one of the big ats headlines, it just sits there and thinks and thinks and never actually shows you the topic. so you have to go to new or live or forums, to find the topics manually, and this has been going on for least a couple weeks

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
*oprah voice* a star for you, a star for you, a star for everyone

I'm having a weird issue at the moment regarding giving stars to people. I can star the same post indefinitely - yes i can.
Just by reading something else and then coming back to the previous thread gives me the option of rating my favorite posts again.

It's magical

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I use Tor to view this site and it works fine in the normal mode where all the traffic goes over Tor but I also have a smart mode that splits the traffic so that requests for images and CSS get "Protected" and sent direct and requests for php pages or _javascript get sent via Tor along with any cookies.

This results in 403 errors on the direct traffic which would be fine but ATS also does this on the main CSS file so the site looks funny when viewed like that !

No one is going to embed a CSS from ATS so maybe you should allow this on any IP but still protect your images and scripts.
edit on 24-3-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I can't favourite forums---the action does not add any to my favourites list. At the moment, I only have "Board Business & Questions".

I'm new to ATS, so I don't know what kind of information you would need. Also, I apologise in advance if someone has already filed this.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucent

Hi, go to any thread in the forum you want to add....and use that thread to make the forum a favorite....by clicking on the heart.
It's what I had to do.

I've told a few members about it and it appears to be successful.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

That worked. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Unable to post images from camera roll using iphone 5 with io7

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

bkfd54
Unable to post images from camera roll using iphone 5 with io7

I just switched from an iPhone 4 to a newer Samsung galaxy note 3, and I still cannot upload any pics. It won't give the "select files" box anything to select
I have to do all image uploading from my laptop

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by Lucent

Hi, go to any thread in the forum you want to add....and use that thread to make the forum a favorite....by clicking on the heart.
It's what I had to do.

I've told a few members about it and it appears to be successful.

Oh....you go to a thread and click the heart. Thank you! I've had the same question for a while, and your solution did work for me.

However, that is a bug that needs to be fixed. It seems much more logical and intuitive to be able to click the "heart" on the forum front page itself, without needing to go into a thread. That seems like an unintentional bug.

edit on 3/29/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

My thoughts exactly. It was logical before, so ATS knows how to make it logical, but I agree it doesn't seem logical at all in the current version.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Meta tag on index.php has a spelling mistake. I only noticed it when I linked the ATS homepage to a mate on Facebook.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
While it's not that big a deal I tried to go under "my ATS" to find quake watch. It's nowhere in my list for the first time ever. I go to "recents" to find it and see a post was made about 2 hrs ago, so it should be on my list. Does this sort of thing happen to others?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

edit on 18-4-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I like the newest changes that have been done in the past few days, however...

Today when I logged on, my subscription list is now located at the bottom left of the screen under my "favorite" forums at the top left. It used to show up on the top right side of my screen. Easy to see the "action" taking place in my favorite threads.

I DON'T LIKE IT!!!
It's very inconvenient to have to scroll down to the bottom of the page each time I want to see the latest activity on the threads in my list.

Is this permanent? Please change that back to how it was. Or, is there some way I can change the format on my end?

If it needs to me moved from the right side, how about putting it on top, and making the "favorite forums" go under the subscription list, instead of how it is now. That would work better.

edit on 4/19/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join