It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well... apart from anything else then, expect this user to go dark during work hours, unless or until
we get a new works PC!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
This occurs when you click on the "Go" button in the archive without entering the date:

Fixed.

30/90 day view

Fixed.

"Archive" section sorting

Fixed

PM subjects with quotation marks

Can't reproduce.

One more thing I noticed is that when you are viewing posts in a thread from a specific member

On the list.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

TrueBrit
Well... apart from anything else then, expect this user to go dark during work hours, unless or until
we get a new works PC!

You should alert your IT department. It's conceivable that such a thing could be malicious with access to your company's internal network.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I would hit up bleepingcomputer.com... a great place that can help you remove that infection.
Or at the very least i would run combofix to clean up your pc a bit.

www.bleepingcomputer.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980

This occurs when you click on the "Go" button in the archive without entering the date:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND l.total < ) and l.replies > 10 AND l.fid=f.fid ORDER BY l.total limit 0,25' at line 1"

SkepticOverlord are you parameterizing your queries?

edit on 10-9-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Terminology mistake on my part... it's not the subject, it must be the body text. Here's the screen cap of the auto-generated PM you receive for a reply:

The text where the word "The" appears is the link to the post where someone replied to me. The link contains the thread title, and this thread title happens to begin with "The", followed by a space, followed by a quotation mark.

Nice job on hammering through the list!

I tested out the flag/unflag issue mentioned earlier and experienced the same thing that the other member did, not able to unflag at this time. I know you got it covered, just wanted to confirm I observed the same.

ETA: For a test, check any replies to you in your PM "replies" box from this thread.

edit on 10-9-2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This is a VERY significant one which happens with FIREFOX.

At the bottom you have a "Viewport" and "Document" variable.

When the "viewport" is less than 880px, the "document" is 1280pix.

When the viewport is MORE than 880px (up until 1262px), the document SHRINKS. (It should not, it should also increase)

In other words: Having a 1680 monitor your document size for me is equal to 1024 resolution. The visible text area is BIGGER when shrinking the horiz. screen in firefox as compared to reading normally with a viewport of say, 1100.

Just make the window very small, then gradually expand the window horizontally and watch how the "document" value changes: 1280 ..... 1024 ..... 1360 etc. ...which explains why the textarea is so very small.
edit on 22013RuTuesdayAmerica/Chicago55PMTuesdayTuesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Since there are no longer ATS Points in the Stats, how am I going to be penalized when I "Accidentally" Commit a TOC violation?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
FYI

On the uploads page the scroll bar looks funky.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Ha! The closest thing we have to an IT department is the bi-polar nutcase who built the machine. Other than that, Im the go to guy. We have pitiful tech resources! Its a three person business lol.

I have chatted with the boss (mum) and we are going to at the very least get rid of IE and replace it with mozzila, as well as doing yet another de-frag (a regular occurance) and checking our virus and malware database again. I dont mind losing data from my ATS account nearly as much as I would mind someone getting "all up in our business" as the kids are saying.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
Please use this thread to report any bugs or issues impeding functionality.

If you have questions about the new features and interface, please use the thread covering the new stuff: Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

Thank you!
edit on 10-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

Won't log out, I never like being logged into anything, when I'm finished I log out full stop... but ATS does not log out after clicking the logout button.....

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
Please use this thread to report any bugs or issues impeding functionality.

If you have questions about the new features and interface, please use the thread covering the new stuff: Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

Thank you!
edit on 10-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (to add some more)

Won't log out, I never like being logged into anything, when I'm finished I log out full stop... but ATS does not log out after clicking the logout button.....

Does this mean that I appear as logged in to everyone else on here, so if someone is trying to get my attention they think I am ignoring them.. hmpf!!

edit on 10-9-2013 by flipflop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Don't know if it's a bug or not but as far as I can tell there is no way to view the full site while on a cellphone.

I HATE mobile versions of any website (although yours by far is the most functional and least buggy that I've seen) and I hate being forced to use them. Thankfully most sites give you an option. Can I get an option please?

I don't like the new ATS at all and I like the mobile version even less. I do understand why you did all this though and I respect your business sense, I'm just an ATS OG I guess

I'll get used to it eventually...bah

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

It does log out, you just have to confirm it now. I think they placed that function in so that people who accidentally click log out, rather than myATS, have the option of saying "WHOAAAA there Nelly, not quite finished yet!".

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PlausibleDeniability

If you go to your account settings, there's a button you can click that will toggle the mobile/desktop version for your phone.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LIVE is back as a full-sized normal page. The pop-up window LIVE/Firehose is still available for members that prefer that.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am not sure if this is just me or if it is happening to others as well.

When viewing the new topics page,it won't show the new threads in real time until I hit my refresh button.
I hit refresh and a slew of threads show up that weren't there until I refreshed the page.

Anyone??

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

This is what I see when viewing a thread when not logged in. Tried it in Win 8 with FF and openSUSE with FF.

Which means visitors to the site get this when viewing each thread before having to scroll.

Can visitors choose between Mobile and Desktop?
edit on 10-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

Also I think if the default text was bold, it would solve the tired eyes issue so many members have mentioned.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

This is what I see, on all browsers I can test, when logged out.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That is very strange as I get it on 2 separate machines. I desktop with large monitor and the other on a netbook. Very weird.

Looks like your screen is not as wide as the screens Im using. Have you tried it on a wider screen as they seem to be more generic these days?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join