It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard to read this new format

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

purplemer
I have to agree it does not make easy reading.

I see this complaint a few times, but never any precise explanation as to why.

The readability of the colors and font never came up in the weeks of user-testing.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I am soz i was not involved in the beta testing and I think the functionality has vastly improved. I think a lot of peeps complain about the colour because the contrast between the text and background has been reduced. I am not saying it should be back to black. But I would make the grey scale a bit darker...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Actually, the color difference, in the dark mode, is slightly higher contrast in ATS'S.5/3 than it was previously... 5% (on average) larger type-size also.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Perhaps the typeface can change, the smileys definitely need a change, maybe a small adjustment with colors, but overall the new interface is way more intuitive.

The fact that threads change color the more attention they get is brilliant. And options for looking at post history, post replies, etc.... a lot better.

There is always a learning curve when new stuff like this comes out... People who are just showing up should really be the ones to judge because they never knew it any different.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This new look is awesome, and a lot more organized. The font is great, and easy to read. I love the the shade of green. No complaints here.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

DrumsRfun
reply to post by alfa1

The number of users visiting ATS was falling

Maybe the issue of why should be addressed,I highly doubt it was because of the layout of the forums.
If you are new than you have never seen this layout or the old layout before so it shouldn't matter as its the first time you see it.

I do think that the amount of garbage on the boards is the reason.
Not the Bernards who get banned,but the Bernards who get thru the in door.
I have seen alot of insane crap on here but it just seems to me that it is getting beyond insane.

I understand the need to deny ignorance...I don't see the need as a website to embrace idiocy as I have seen.
I can't blame the site as it is too large and you can't see everything and you can't see every post.

As an older member who is stuck on ats,after alot of the absolute rubbish and garbage on here,if I was just checking the site out while passing by...I would never come back either.
Trolls,attention seekers,people being cliquey (if thats a word) etc

Thats all I am going to say on this matter and I will not be replying to this post to defend myself....my opinion is my opinion...get over it.

There is a reason alot of older members don't come back anymore....fix that first.
edit on 9-9-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

Sums it up for me. Well said.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join