It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard to read this new format

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The toolbar is the thing I miss the most.

Seems like like windows without a start button or a toolbar...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Damn! Unlike a lot of folks I parse the web so frequently that the only part of the site I was truly attracted to was the Fire hose page. I visited the site often enough to not miss a single post I was interested in. Now? I am going to go pout because the admins did not listen. A scrolling single line fire hose page is simply a headache to parse quickly.

ATS you done went and ruined my favorite page. Now I am going to have to get off my lazy arse and find another site that posts alternative articles as quickly. Methinks your membership will suffer this change more than you realize.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I miss the button at the bottom of the page in each thread that said 'TOP'.

I really miss that.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Since viewing the new format I have started to develop a headache, perhaps coinicidence or perhaps ATS is transmitting subliminal messages and Im picking up the transmissions!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

bluloa
Since viewing the new format I have started to develop a headache, perhaps coinicidence or perhaps ATS is transmitting subliminal messages and Im picking up the transmissions!

The new format is "busy" to the eye. It will absolutely hurt the amount of time people spend on the site. Too bad the overlords did not hire a real grownup web developer with a degree in something besides video games.

This thread will be my last active run on ATS, I really can't take the FIREHOSE page any longer.

Hey it just occurred to me that maybe Obama owns this site! Just like bombing Syria the Overlords did not listen to The People. I only say this because I did not hear anyone asking for a site revision, we were happy. Change for the sake of change is not always a good thing.

And yes the Obama thing was sarcasm.
edit on 9-9-2013 by Mamatus because: added content

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Bad font! BAD FONT! SIT! BAD!

No, really: it's a fugly font. Please switch to something readable.

Did you try to read it with the usual "high-speed, just-the-headlines-searching-for-interesting-news"? That. is about impossible.

If you want to be cruel, just Comic Sans. NO! Don't! Anything, well.... nearly any other font might be nicer.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I was going to say the same thing about the black on white.... but by the time I logged in to comment... it was resolved

I enjoy the new format... i did not enjoy the windows-8-wanna-be format

THANKS FOR KEEPING THE SIGHT ON THE DARKER SIDE!!!!!

it's easier on the eyes

If you cant read it.... Ctrl + works wonders .... or get some glasses

edit on 9-9-2013 by forme2p00p0n because: thought I was done... and as I got up from the pot... another turd came out

Oh and i enjoy the new post format Recent > New

my favorite pass time is reading the titles of new posts...

edit on 9-9-2013 by forme2p00p0n because: sometimes you have to go back to the toilet and re-wipe

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm just hating this new format. Why was change I'll never understand. It was so nice and user friendly.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
One thing I am curious about is what are the true stats...

In other words the % of people who like it VS those who don't.

Was there a poll taken?

Does it even MATTER to ATS what the users prefer?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

First post i ever seen by you that does not have links and Ex-Text!

It makes you look normal!

Just Kidding.. no really...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Murgatroid
The toolbar is the thing I miss the most.

Seems like like windows without a start button or a toolbar...

Click the V button at the top of the page, it's in there..

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't really like change and was happy with the old ATS, but hated visiting it on my smart phone.

Now though, I think it works great on the smart phone. It's much easier to get around without having to zoom in to be able to click the link you want or even read the text. Pages load quicker too.

I think I understand the reasons for the change and I think you have done a nice job finding a format that works well on different devices. I know I'll get used to the new version soon enough, I just need to play about with it a bit

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

You can choose the color-format between light backround dark test, and dark background/w white letter-text.
Little half moon icon at the top rt corner...........

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

spartacus699
As a copywriter the #1 rule is simply a popular font of black on white. I think people actually liked the old format for the simple fact that it's easier to read. This is grey on darker grey with not a popular font. I'd at least go very dark grey, lighter text, and popular font.

Please tell me you are not comparing copywriting to creating an internet forum?!

I see no difference in reading ability to this layout and the old layout. You do know there is a way to view light on dark right? You see that little pie thing in the corner, click it.

What is wrong with you people?! My god. The site owners have done their best to make this site and even asked for suggestions!! Yet people still complain. They can't friggin please everyone. If you don't like it then go start your own site and please let me know how your copywriting skills work when it comes to creating a website like ATS.

ATS was hugely different when I joined and I love the changes they have made to the site since I joined in early 2009. It is actually much more user friendly and they do more each layout re-do that makes the site imo easier to navigate.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well it's time for me to find something else to do. I will try back again but this entire new bubble look makes me lose interest. It just doesn't work for me.
emoticons are crap as well I can't even tell what they are.
WTF
edit on 9-9-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Telos
I'm just hating this new format. Why was change I'll never understand.

Site owners have explained it a couple of times.
The number of users visiting ATS was falling, and thus so was ad revenue.
Solution: Make everything cartoonish, cause the eye candy will bring everyone back.

...or at least, thats their plan.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

luciddream
First post i ever seen by you that does not have links and Ex-Text!

DANG! You just might be right...

Just for you...

"What's with the new ATS site design?! It's horrid! Not only is it really confusing to read what's there it also hurts my eyes!" Source

ATS, your new site layout and design = THUMBS DOWN! I'll get right to the point, it sucks! What's the saying? Why fix something that ain't broke? Source

"The new font on your website is like reading "BOLD" text throughout. It's very hard on the eyes, makes it very unreadable. Just keep it simple, guys. No need to go overboard with these web 2.0 aesthetics." Source

"Agree with the design critiques. Did you ever consider EXCLUSIVE INVITE BETA TESTING might not be a good idea to gauge UX with your entire audience? Perhaps? Maybe? Looks way better than the airhorn black and white design with such little content on the screen you feel like you're reading a children's book."Source

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

bluloa
Agree with the OP on this fonts and ability to read.

The Trebuchet font, which we're using for posts, is reported to be (after lots of user testing in many other projects), the most-readable web font available.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Mine just switched over about an hour ago...I was wondering what everyone was talking about..I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It has nothing to do with that, it's main function is to cater for the ever increasing platforms we can view ATS on.. Try it on your phone or Ipad or whatever, it's much better than the old layout.. I like it, its called moving forward..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join