It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 months to live...and not a clue what to say

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thanks Kat
And thanks Night Star

Nah not going all hard core ladies, the wife would kill me

Just messing around for halloween I think I'll change the skull on the back if I find something better.

Bummer about the meds Night Star over here it's pretty much free, and if you have to pay there is a maximum of about $10 per time.

Kat good luck hun we're pacing with you

Cody

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

cody599
reply to post by k21968

Always a pleasure to be depressed with

Kat's pacing the floor waiting for results

She promised to post here, so watch this space.

In the mean time .....................

This is my late father in law with his granddaughter

I giggle every time I see this

So who is helping whom ?

Funny old world huh ?

What a great memory

Cody

I adore that picture. That, right there, is what all this nonsense we have in this world is all about. It all boils down to that. right. there. Thank you for making me smile this morning, sir!.

On a side note....noticed that my reply to your Led Zep message hasn't been opened....did it make it through? I didn't want you to send me such a sincere offer and think I had ignored you (given the issues with the U2U system).

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks Tex

It puts stuff into perspective for me

and I'm always to put a smile on a face

Sorry, I never received your reply to my u2u otherwise I would have read it. I never leave u2u's unattended.

Just put it down to an unwanted intrusion into your privacy, and let it lie, I very nearly wrote you an apology for sending it and then thought, nah, could just be a glitch.

Cody

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Anyone decorating for Halloween? I have some spooky and cute items around the house inside. I'm just a big kid at heart. I forgot that last year I got a set of coffee mugs, one orange with black polka dots, a tiny black cat sits on the handle and inside is a ghost. When you sip down far enough, all you se are these ghost eyes. LOL The other is all black with orange polka dots, cat on the handle and a pumpkin inside the cup. Adorable. I was like, ooooooh I forgot about those! LOL

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

cody599

Thanks Tex

It puts stuff into perspective for me

and I'm always to put a smile on a face

Sorry, I never received your reply to my u2u otherwise I would have read it. I never leave u2u's unattended.

Just put it down to an unwanted intrusion into your privacy, and let it lie, I very nearly wrote you an apology for sending it and then thought, nah, could just be a glitch.

Cody

I figured it was. One member has sent me 3 separate messages that have been delivered 3 or 4 times each.

I just resent it.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Night Star
Anyone decorating for Halloween? I have some spooky and cute items around the house inside. I'm just a big kid at heart. I forgot that last year I got a set of coffee mugs, one orange with black polka dots, a tiny black cat sits on the handle and inside is a ghost. When you sip down far enough, all you se are these ghost eyes. LOL The other is all black with orange polka dots, cat on the handle and a pumpkin inside the cup. Adorable. I was like, ooooooh I forgot about those! LOL

My wife does seasonal decorating around our house. It just aint my thing. Once a year I will go out and put up the lights on the house, only because I love her and love seeing her so happy during the CHristmas season. Outside that....bah humbug on decorations. I am far, far to pragmatic for that kind of stuff.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Just got the u2u Tex,

Following up now, thanks for your kind words

And remember the picture my friend

Cody

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

cody599

Thanks Kat
And thanks Night Star

Nah not going all hard core ladies, the wife would kill me

Just messing around for halloween I think I'll change the skull on the back if I find something better.

Bummer about the meds Night Star over here it's pretty much free, and if you have to pay there is a maximum of about $10 per time.

Kat good luck hun we're pacing with you

Cody

FREE meds?? Just now added up all my meds for the past 30 days (this is meds I have had to take because of the cancer and I have to get these EVERY month)
THE GRAND TOTAL IS......*drumroll*

$1,132.34
edit on 10/12/2013 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Oh, and that is meds only....there is a shot I had to have that was over $600 apiece ( had to have 6 of those shots).....now the bills are coming in (just starting) I have received 4 bills so far and it is already over $27,000 .....that is just for SOME of the hospital services and tests....and many more to come....haven't got bills from doctors and radiology and chemo and all the other things yet....it's going to be hundreds of thousands. Don't know what I'm going to do to tell you the truth. I can't think about it or I'll get suicidal LOL!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

StealthyKat
Oh, and that is meds only....there is a shot I had to have that was over $600 apiece ( had to have 6 of those shots).....now the bills are coming in (just starting) I have received 4 bills so far and it is already over $27,000 .....that is just for SOME of the hospital services and tests....and many more to come....haven't got bills from doctors and radiology and chemo and all the other things yet....it's going to be hundreds of thousands. Don't know what I'm going to do to tell you the truth. I can't think about it or I'll get suicidal LOL!

I am thinking we need to do an ATS fundraiser for you and Night Star. I wonder if that is against the T&C's?
We had one for LIsa and it raised a lot of money and helped her to not have to worry about those bills when she got them. I would love to do something like that for you and Star!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

k21968

StealthyKat

I am thinking we need to do an ATS fundraiser for you and Night Star. I wonder if that is against the T&C's?
We had one for LIsa and it raised a lot of money and helped her to not have to worry about those bills when she got them. I would love to do something like that for you and Star!

You're so sweet K2 ((((big hugs)))) I'm trying to get Medicaid, but you wouldn't believe how long I have been waiting. I applied in March! I keep calling and leaving messages for ANYONE to call me back on the status of my application, but still nothing! I have worked hard all my life and never asked for anything, and always gave to the food banks and all that...and now that I need a little help, I can't even get to talk to a live person LOL. I haven't been able to work since I got real sick, but I did home health sitting even when I was sick (Ironically taking care of a CANCER patient! A cancer patient taking care of a cancer patient haha!)). It's really a slap in the face. I have always stood on my own two feet and never asked for anything , you know?
BTW.... I was joking about killing myself! I hope you know me better than that by now LOL! You are such a doll....((((((big huge bear hugs)))))))
edit on 10/12/2013 by StealthyKat because: spelling misake

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Kat, when I had my cancer, they gave me medicaid. I had no income but my husband's disibility checks and my savings. They never asked me what I had in the bank. I didn't have to pay anything, no meds, no tests, no appointments, nothing. Now that I am only getting follow up visits and no treatments, they took me off. It was my cancer doctor who sent a social worker into my room with the simple form to fill out. Think I got covered whithin a month, I don't remember. Talk to your doctor and ask them to call for you or something. I was lucky where I went they offered social workers who would help you with any problem whatsoever. They would have been on medicaid's ass in an instant. LOL You could probably write off all your medical expenses at tax time, though with this new obamacare crap I don't know.

And if all else fails, all they can do if you can't pay all your bills in full, is put it into the hands of a collection agency. Even if you only pay a buck or 5 bucks, there is nothing they can do to you because it shows you made an effort. If you can't afford it, they can't get blood from a stone, so to hell with them.

K2, you are very sweet and thoughtful, but don't worry about me just yet. I went back on my old pill and with some saving card I can get that one for like 50.00. I have a couple of other meds for like 24.00 and one is a lot cheaper than those. I should be getting disability checks come November. Just the doctor visits and bloodwork can add up but hopefully I won't need too many of those.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

My daughter has medicaid because of her cancer... These days they only pay for three prescriptions a month... so choose the highest cost prescriptions to run through medicaid once you get it...

For the rest... go through Costco.... they do not take insurance... its cash only but they are dirt cheap! You will have to have your doctor fax all new prescriptions to Costco, they do not do transfers... but they will save you a TON of money on medications...

As to you, I am sorry you have to face all this.... but if my daughter can... so can you! Its not easy.. but you will get through this!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I'm sure I will get it, it's just the stupid state I live in. Everything takes forever. I applied months ago, and I went to the ACS, the social worker at the hospital, and my oncologist and radiologists office have even called my Medicaid case worker. They keep saying it's pending or under review. The people at Oncologics where I get my radiation treatment said it's not uncommon for it to take6 months or more in Louisiana! So not a question of if, but when....

I started having severe pain in my stomach last night for some reason...it feels like someone stabbed me with a hot knife and turning the blade, and I have nothing to take for it.

I am thinking about going to the ER .....just to get some relief. Since I have no insurance and go to a public hospital, my doctors cannot be reached on weekends and holidays (Monday is a holiday) So my only option is to suffer or go to the ER and wait hours to see a doctor and rack up a huge hospital bill just to get a prescription for some pain medicine!

I'm pretty tough, but this pain is unbearable and I don't know if I can stand it till Tuesday evening because I can't sleep or eat because of it.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Just go to the ER... you don't know how many times my daughter did when the pain was too much! Don't ever worry about it... if they are worth their salt they will help you out

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

Just go to the ER... you don't know how many times my daughter did when the pain was too much! Don't ever worry about it... if they are worth their salt they will help you out

I think I will...but I am going to wait till about 4am, when maybe the wait won't be as long.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
K2..do you have any news on Lisa or is it the same?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Good evening ladies

Another cold wet Sunday here and off to work in an hour or so,

I simply can't get head around the cost you good ladies pay, it's staggering to say the least,

We that work in the UK pay something called national insurance, the gov't take it from our wages at source the most we pay is 12% but guys like me pay a lot less, that and tax count for about 25% of my wages.
But benefits are brilliant for example.

My sister over the last couple of years has had 7 operations to try and save a leg, (the last one was last week and looking good), total cost £0,

Her daughter a few years ago was kicked in the head by a horse, air ambulance, major surgery, full recovery (so far) total cost £0

I smashed myself up terribly when I was younger, 2 snapped femurs plus 17 minor breaks in my legs, and various other broken and bent bits. 3 1/2 months in hospital 4 operations and physio total cost £0

Just over a year ago I had a bad lung infection, Mrs C called the NHS helpline, call out for a doctor, ambulance to the hospital, X-rays, a couple of nights stay and a shed load of antibiotics later, total cost £7.25 about $10.

I thought I was hard done by for having to pay at all

And people over here complain, yes complain about the national health service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez

OOOOOOOOOOOO I accidently started ranting my apologies good ladies.

Kat I don't know how it works where you are but but take good care of yourself hun, and you too Night Star and K2.

Opinionated my heart goes out to you, and you seem to have some good answers.

Thanks for taking the time to help

Gather round everyone it's time for a

Or I get dressed up like this

There's a reason

I'd better get ready for work
Loadsa

Cody

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

StealthyKat
K2..do you have any news on Lisa or is it the same?

Nothing new yet she sees her oncologist this week. She did tell me that her doctor said her counts could be all messed up due to the pneumonia. So he is going to repeat the labs and go from there.

I hope you feel better.HUGS

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

cody599
Good evening ladies

Another cold wet Sunday here and off to work in an hour or so,

I simply can't get head around the cost you good ladies pay, it's staggering to say the least,

We that work in the UK pay something called national insurance, the gov't take it from our wages at source the most we pay is 12% but guys like me pay a lot less, that and tax count for about 25% of my wages.
But benefits are brilliant for example.

My sister over the last couple of years has had 7 operations to try and save a leg, (the last one was last week and looking good), total cost £0,

Her daughter a few years ago was kicked in the head by a horse, air ambulance, major surgery, full recovery (so far) total cost £0

I smashed myself up terribly when I was younger, 2 snapped femurs plus 17 minor breaks in my legs, and various other broken and bent bits. 3 1/2 months in hospital 4 operations and physio total cost £0

Just over a year ago I had a bad lung infection, Mrs C called the NHS helpline, call out for a doctor, ambulance to the hospital, X-rays, a couple of nights stay and a shed load of antibiotics later, total cost £7.25 about $10.

I thought I was hard done by for having to pay at all

And people over here complain, yes complain about the national health service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez

OOOOOOOOOOOO I accidently started ranting my apologies good ladies.

Kat I don't know how it works where you are but but take good care of yourself hun, and you too Night Star and K2.

Opinionated my heart goes out to you, and you seem to have some good answers.

Thanks for taking the time to help

Gather round everyone it's time for a

Or I get dressed up like this

There's a reason

I'd better get ready for work
Loadsa

Cody

WOW I wish it were like that here. Well I couldn't take the pain anymore so I had to go to the hospital....they said I have an infection, so I am back on antibiotics and the strong pain meds again.....and I'll bet the bill will be $1000 for sure. Picked up the rxs on the way home..... grand total for medicine today was $211.17
edit on 10/13/2013 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join