It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-Level U.S. Intelligence Officers: Syrian Government Didn't Launch Chemical Weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

High-Level U.S. Intelligence Officers: Syrian Government Didn't Launch Chemical Weapons

www.zerohed ge.com

And 12 very high-level former intelligence officials wrote the following memorandum to Obama today:

We regret to inform you that some of our former co-workers are telling us, categorically, that contrary to the claims of your administration, the most reliable intelligence shows that Bashar al-Assad was NOT responsible for the chemical incident that killed and injured Syrian civilians on August 21, and that British intelligence officials also know this. In writing this brief report, we choose to assume that you have not been fully informed because your advisers decided to afford you the
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonsblog.com

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Policy reversal..? The debate fires on... The feedback from this call by TPTW has been fast and brutal.. People are speaking out, Congressmen are growing backbones... People are sick and tired of perpetual war... Now truth is leaking out from all over the internet...

I was sick when Kerry said, Our Islamic friends are payin for the strike..... hmmm

This letter was signed by the following courageous professionals :
For the Steering Group, Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity
Thomas Drake, Senior Executive, NSA (former)
Philip Giraldi, CIA, Operations Officer (ret.)
Matthew Hoh, former Capt., USMC, Iraq & Foreign Service Officer, Afghanistan
Larry Johnson, CIA & State Department (ret.)
W. Patrick Lang, Senior Executive and Defense Intelligence Officer, DIA (ret.)
David MacMichael, National Intelligence Council (ret.)
Ray McGovern, former US Army infantry/intelligence officer & CIA analyst (ret.)
Elizabeth Murray, Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Middle East (ret.)
Todd Pierce, US Army Judge Advocate General (ret.)
Sam Provance, former Sgt., US Army, Iraq
Coleen Rowley, Division Council & Special Agent, FBI (ret.)
Ann Wright, Col., US Army (ret); Foreign Service Officer (ret.)

www.zerohed ge.com
edit on 7-9-2013 by R_Clark because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It is getting really lonely for Obama really fast.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Obama is supposed to go out looking bad. That way the next fool in office can look good...for a minute.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

The problem with 'a source says …' is that there is no way of knowing whether that source exists or indeed the statement is true. Altogether, non-checkable in regard to the proported 'facts' from said 'source'. If you think the intelligence services lie to you, then you must understand the media does too. In regard to Syria, I think both are at it in abounds. The media uses Syria to sell headlines and the intelligence services have their own agenda.
edit on 7-9-2013 by LarryLove because: Typo

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by R_Clark

The problem with 'a source says …' is that there is no way of knowing whether that source exists or indeed the statement is true. Altogether, non-checkable in regard to the proported 'facts' from said 'source'. If you think the intelligence services lie to you, then you must understand the media does too. In regard to Syria, I think both are at it in abounds. The media uses Syria to sell headlines and the intelligence services have their own agenda.
edit on 7-9-2013 by LarryLove because: Typo

Yes, but many (including me) have wondered if certain agencies have been fueling the rebel fire over there.....and this is quite interesting, if it were a true memo to Obama. And I said, IF, for I do agree, who knows?
Still......
Tetra50

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

So, if the source is reliable, then once again, the Commander and Chief of the most powerful military the planet has ever seen appears to be having his hand forced into doing the bidding of others.

Those "others" are the real threat to ALL OF HUMANITY.

Given the obvious and brazen absurdity of this situation, as well as many other events of "high strangeness" in the past 3000 years, I am in doubt as to whether those "others" are human.

A big picture is starting to emerge, and the evidence that we are not only alone, but have been invaded and infiltrated as a species, a long time ago, seems the most logical conclusion I am able to draw.

Put ALL of the best threads from all of ATS's Conspiracy Theory, Political and Mysterious Subject Matter forums together and this conclusion has merit.
edit on 7/9/13 by Strewth because: added additional key words.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
All the people who signed the letter at "former" or "retired". This means they have no access to the intelligence or facts and evidence others do. This is a collection of "former" employees, from a population of many thousands of former employees, with whom we have no idea of their motivations, political leanings, reliability or egos.

Hardly something to be concerned about as anyone can write a letter.

Regards

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I have no doubt that certain factions within G8 governments are operating with an agenda towards Syria, but remember that we, the average Joe, are played constantly — either by profit-driven media outlets, governing bodies or minority factions seeking change through war. The only 'real' perspective we could hope to gain is by putting our own boots to the Syrian ground and seeing the situation from both sides. That would be a great deal more real than relying upon hyperbolic statements from 'sources', government officials or indeed ATS members who seem to have made their minds up already.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Obama, it seems, has one hell of a BIG problem on his hands and largely of his own making. It's a whopper too.

If this letter and so much else along the same lines is accurate? Then, as many of us thought, the logic test WAS failed here in suggesting Assad slimed the rebels.

That isn't the BIG problem tho....not when you think about it. If Assad did NOT do it.......then someone ELSE DID.

I think that is the half of the equation the White House has the biggest nightmare with. They can drop the Assad slime charges easily ..IF they could somehow drop the fact the Chemical strike happened. However, they can't. It *IS* established that Sarin gas has been used. Not once, but twice now. Real, honest to God Chemical warfare agent. Not Willie Peter rounds or Duponts own little plant killer in Vietnam...but REAL Chemical weapons have been used!

So..back to his little nightmare. If evidence proves Assad did NOT do it, then it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to used deductive reasoning, does it? Only one party remains to have done it....and we've helped for over a year to build that party into what it has become so that it *COULD* mount those attacks!

I don't believe, yet, that we have the evil in us, or our leaders, to help MAKE the attack. That doesn't matter though. Like the getaway driver who never even hears the gunshot inside a robbery? If we enabled the crime, we do the time along with the shooter. Right?

How long before our nation faces the VERY UGLY reality? We've taken the side of the monsters on this one....and we enabled them to use one of the worst weapons man has ever devised ....and we continue to support them every single day.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

I have no doubt that certain factions within G8 governments are operating with an agenda towards Syria, but remember that we, the average Joe, are played constantly — either by profit-driven media outlets, governing bodies or minority factions seeking change through war. The only 'real' perspective we could hope to gain is by putting our own boots to the Syrian ground and seeing the situation from both sides. That would be a great deal more real than relying upon hyperbolic statements from 'sources', government officials or indeed ATS members who seem to have made their minds up already.

Yes, thanks, don't need anyone really to tell me that, but okay. But we aren't going to be putting our boots, sandals, or feet on that ground are we? So we have to go by something, and use our minds to attempt to discern, don't we? So, all sources become hyperbolic, really, within your perspective, and I don't argue that, understand and try to take that into account....while reading. And I certainly always attempt to see the situation from much more than both sides, as this is not a question of duality, but multi faceted and multi layered, actually, I think. So perhaps it is good to remember this, as well.

Nevertheless, I find the assertion by intelligence officers, retired or not, quite interesting. This came in a post before your's, that they were "retired" and "anyone can write a letter," but being retired they probably don't have access to the same information. However, I would point out, retired indicates long years of service and experience and knowledge of how things have happened thus far....and really, probably not much has changed.
Doesn't anyone get that: that this kind of thing has been going on forever to revise history retroactively, and give justification where prior action wasn't justified? I don't care how "retired" you are.....you still have some knowledge and are freer for your retirement to speak of it, than you were while still working.
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strewth
reply to post by R_Clark

So, if the source is reliable, then the Commander and Chief of the most powerful military the planet has ever seen appears to be having his hand forced into doing the bidding of others.

Those "others" are the real threat to ALL OF HUMANITY.

Given the obvious and brazen absurdity of this situation, as well as many other events of "high strangeness" in the past 3000 years, I am in doubt as to whether those "others" are human.

A big picture is starting to emerge, and the evidence that we are not only alone, but have been invaded and infiltrated as a species, a long time ago, seems the most logical conclusion I am able to draw.

Put ALL of the threads from all of ATS's forums together and this conclusion has merit.

Almost said the same myself, soul brother, on another thread much like this one. Thanks for saying it for me.
Seems truer everyday. The crunch of it is, though, it will be the one human left amongst the morass of non humans, who will be identified as the "alien....", most likely. That just keeps reinforcing the same old agenda, and the same old outcome, as a result.
Take care,
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

I think saying 'we have taken the side of the monsters' is entirely incorrect. The political nuances within the waring factions in Syria cannot be understood entirely by any of us. You nor me nor (I would bet anyone on ATS) could fathom completely the situation out there. Why? Because we aren't living and eating and breathing and grieving all the atrocities happening in that country. Keyboard detective is one thing; being there yourself is another. That is why I will not rally behind ATS, government nor media sensationalism in this story.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

With respect, you do not know whether or not that 'retired source' is real or not or has been fabricated to lend a credence behind the story. That is the problem and as I keep saying on ATS, 'a source says …' means nothing because we have no name to check the story against. Your best tool to insight in this saga is perspective.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
Policy reversal..? The debate fires on... The feedback from this call by TPTW has been fast and brutal.. People are speaking out, Congressmen are growing backbones... People are sick and tired of perpetual war... Now truth is leaking out from all over the internet...

I was sick when Kerry said, Our Islamic friends are payin for the strike..... hmmm

This letter was signed by the following courageous professionals :
For the Steering Group, Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity
Thomas Drake, Senior Executive, NSA (former)
Philip Giraldi, CIA, Operations Officer (ret.)
Matthew Hoh, former Capt., USMC, Iraq & Foreign Service Officer, Afghanistan
Larry Johnson, CIA & State Department (ret.)
W. Patrick Lang, Senior Executive and Defense Intelligence Officer, DIA (ret.)
David MacMichael, National Intelligence Council (ret.)
Ray McGovern, former US Army infantry/intelligence officer & CIA analyst (ret.)
Elizabeth Murray, Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Middle East (ret.)
Todd Pierce, US Army Judge Advocate General (ret.)
Sam Provance, former Sgt., US Army, Iraq
Coleen Rowley, Division Council & Special Agent, FBI (ret.)
Ann Wright, Col., US Army (ret); Foreign Service Officer (ret.)

www.zerohed ge.com

There is a strike on Syria coming.

You do not understand. They don't care.

They have decided to attack Syria long back. The chemical attack is a false flag planned and executed by US agencies.

Obama knows the truth. But Obama is a puppet. Somebody else pulls the strings.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

With respect, you do not know whether or not that 'retired source' is real or not or has been fabricated to lend a credence behind the story. That is the problem and as I keep saying on ATS, 'a source says …' means nothing because we have no name to check the story against. Your best tool to insight in this saga is perspective.

With respect backatcha', Larry, you are, of course, correct. But the fact remains there are definitive plans in place to bomb the country. So what would you have us do? Reach no opinion or judgement on the matter, shut up and not call our congressmen? Just wondering how you feel about that.

BTW, I have taken your exact same stance on most political and "world happenings," due to exactly what you say. So you're sort of preaching to the choir. Really, I think "leaks" like this are planned, truly, to take a possible onus of participation in backing the rebels or not, off the table. It's all divide and concquer and propaganda meant to do just that......IMHO.

However, how are the people to react when it seems there will be a bombing of another country, that may achieve another war, with even more far reaching consequences?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think saying 'we have taken the side of the monsters' is entirely incorrect. The political nuances within the waring factions in Syria cannot be understood entirely by any of us. You nor me nor (I would bet anyone on ATS) could fathom completely the situation out there. Why? Because we aren't living and eating and breathing and grieving all the atrocities happening in that country. Keyboard detective is one thing; being there yourself is another. That is why I will not rally behind ATS, government nor media sensationalism in this story.

Well, you look at the nuances and you examine the finer points...in what could only be an approach to justify or find reason where I don't see any good ones.

I'm looking at the overall picture and that makes the good within the bad a moot point. For example, in the 1980's, in TRUTH, Bin Laden and the Arabs stood apart from the Afghan Mujaheddin. Not a separate force, just as they aren't in Syria. However, they were a distinct and individual force within the resistance to the Soviet occupation. So...the CIA thought they'd be real clever by funding, training and supporting the Afghani rebels but not the Arab contingent from Saudi and led by Bin Laden. (He had his own money far in excess of anything CIA did at the time, anyway).

^^^^ How did that one work out? At the time....it's like it is now. Good things done for the right reasons (it appeared) and really hoping for the right result. The outcome? SHORT term? Was even a very good one. Long term? Oh...Who wouldn't go back in a time machine today to slap Reagan silly and kick Charlie Wilson right in the family jewels?

Now? This isn't the 1980's. We aren't babes in the woods to NOT know how this turns out or how this can go HORRIBLY wrong. This isn't the first time we've been on this dance floor. This is the SECOND time. The fact we're doing the same thing and expecting better results in a WORSE overall situation *IS* the very definition of insanity.

If Afghan produced Bin Laden as the world nightmare.....what will THIS produce to come back on us 10-15 years from now? God only knows. Allah probably doesn't want to.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Afghanistan did not 'produce' Mr Laden. Understand a little of that guy and his families history and you will see that more than anything Saudi Arabia was the catalyst to his anger.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You would think former intelligence officers would be more intelligent. Sarin needs to be weaponized. You just don't "release it." It is a liquid.

Sarin "gas" 101
Sarin 102

The Tokyo attack wasn't all that effective based on the percentage killed simply because sarin requires some skill in disbursement. You just don't "release it." In the subway, mind you a confined space packed with people, they managed to kill 13.

Seriously, these disinformation actors need to up their game.

Further, if you are going to write an article about Syria, you should write an article about Syria, not an article about the history of false flags. We know the history, but that doesn't mean every news story is a false flag, nor is every headache a tumor. Every situation needs to be analyzed on its own merits.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So .....

My Questions is

If it is found with Evidence that it wasn't Assad and it was in fact the Rebels , surely the same principles would apply, and Obama would act against the Rebels as they would have commited the same crimes that he was willing to strike Assad over.

Then again the rebels are not the ruler of a Sovereign State are they ......

Riouz

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join