It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-Level U.S. Intelligence Officers: Syrian Government Didn't Launch Chemical Weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riouz
So .....

My Questions is

If it is found with Evidence that it wasn't Assad and it was in fact the Rebels , surely the same principles would apply, and Obama would act against the Rebels as they would have commited the same crimes that he was willing to strike Assad over.

Then again the rebels are not the ruler of a Sovereign State are they ......

Riouz

No, I don't think the same principals would apply, in fact. The binding Geneva Convention agreement against chemical weapons is about sovereign states, as you must know, since you included a mention of that. So, if the "Sovereign state" of Syria did not use them, then it is an internal, civil issue, and not ours as a country, to take on, vis a vis the Geneva Conventions against using them---for that was really intended for the rulers of countries to not implement this mode of warfare, either on its own people, or as an act of war against another country, wasn't it?

I think, by your question, you understand that quite well, and you are bringing it up in a certain way to convince the "man" it was his own idea....LOL....but that's what many women have to learn how to do, don't we?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
It is getting really lonely for Obama really fast.
You're giving Obama way too much credit. People actually believe the POTUS is running the show? lmfao
He's a puppet, just like Putin and the rest of the "leaders" in our world. If "change" is ever going to be made, the multitude is going to have to wake up to that fact.

Think about it, who is the oppressed and who are the oppressors? It doesn't matter what race you are, we're all being controlled by dictators. They just want us to believe we hate each other. And we believe it!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
BTW, I find it interesting, to say the least, the thread authors these days who make threads to never return, participate, or comment on the answers to their thread.........
I wonder what that is indicative of, anyway....Go figure.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

Originally posted by Riouz
So .....

My Questions is

If it is found with Evidence that it wasn't Assad and it was in fact the Rebels , surely the same principles would apply, and Obama would act against the Rebels as they would have commited the same crimes that he was willing to strike Assad over.

Then again the rebels are not the ruler of a Sovereign State are they ......

Riouz

No, I don't think the same principals would apply, in fact. The binding Geneva Convention agreement against chemical weapons is about sovereign states, as you must know, since you included a mention of that. So, if the "Sovereign state" of Syria did not use them, then it is an internal, civil issue, and not ours as a country, to take on, vis a vis the Geneva Conventions against using them---for that was really intended for the rulers of countries to not implement this mode of warfare, either on its own people, or as an act of war against another country, wasn't it?

I think, by your question, you understand that quite well, and you are bringing it up in a certain way to convince the "man" it was his own idea....LOL....but that's what many women have to learn how to do, don't we?

Exactly this is only one way and just so happens
“With respect to Arab countries offering to bear costs and to assess, the answer is profoundly yes,”
Really have to laugh here No Evidence has been presented and the us has some countries to bankroll it

wouldn't be Qatar and Saudi Arabia by any chance ... no couldn't be ....

Riouz

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
All the people who signed the letter at "former" or "retired". This means they have no access to the intelligence or facts and evidence others do. This is a collection of "former" employees, from a population of many thousands of former employees, with whom we have no idea of their motivations, political leanings, reliability or egos.

Hardly something to be concerned about as anyone can write a letter.

Regards

For me, just as or more believable as what the administration has been pawning off as evidence. The people out of the game may not be blinded to reality or job loyalty..

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
One thing that I have not been able to put my finger on with the events taking place is why the infighting when Republicans and Democrats what to invade Syria. Why the fighting with Israel,UK,Germany and so on when they want to invade Syria.

I thought it was just because they did not like the group Obama was using to do this. GCTF THE GLOBAL
COUNTER TERRORISM FORUM created by Hillary Clinton. It joins middle Eastern countries together under the US and Turkey who lead it. They were involved in Egypt, Libya and the other uprisings that over threw governments in the Middle East and replaced the regimes who ran them. After all Egypt was friends with Bush before the Arab Spring and replaced with a guy from California. Hosni Mubarak ran torture camps for Bush. Then he was outed for Mohamed Morsi who the Republicans hated. Scooter Libby even paid for the video that caused protest at all the embassies on 9/11. He paid for it through the Hudson Institute. And he helped put it on talk shows in Egypt calling Mohamed Morsi a Muslim Brotherhood terrorist and so on.

www.thegctf.org...;jsessionid=6F5337524E230A049F134415E782F2DC.w142

But I think it goes much deeper and the fear is not just dictators that the Democrats have control over instead of Republicans. It is the fear that by promoting and allowing GCTF to fight wars and police it's own neighbors with Arab countries that surround Syria. That the GCTF created by Hillary Clinton might lead to a MEU Middle East Union. A MEU would join Arab countries under one umbrella where they work together and create a Union that would take over the Middle East leaving the small country of Israel with out its control over events. It would take the control of oil in the Middle East away from Western Countries. It would create a nightmare for the Republicans and all they stand for.

I noticed how the same groups that have all ways promoted the Islamophobia in the US seem to be protecting Syria for some reason. Strange right? People who have attacked Muslim countries just on the fact they are not Christians. People who say kill them all even there children seem to be reversing coarse. Because they fear the GCTF will bring around a MEU that they can't keep divided and conquered.

Even the Pope is getting in on the act. Remember how rumors were that the Pope was connected to Eric Prince and Black Water. That Eric Prince was chosen as a Knights Templar Crusader?

www.globalresearch.ca...

Is the Pope fearing a Muslim power grab if a MEU is created through the GCTF? Is that why a NUN in Syria is saying people who died were faking. Is that why the Pope says don't attack?

I am not supporting the GCTF and Hillary Clintons process of going after Syria. But I am trying to figure out the infighting that is taking place. Because nobody is telling the whole story or what is going on behind the scenes. A MEU is scary when you think about. Republican think tanks know this is what is happening. Then they should step forward and say so. Because it could be a game changer on politics. Yes some dirty laundry will come out on both sides. But in the end it will be a restart of the games and real decisions can be made on truth.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
People will take anything as "fact" if it backs up their opinion.

It is called confirmation bias, which is why former intelligence officers who have no access to anything more than what the public does, are being taken serious by certain people.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Former agents still have resources.

That’s why when they retire often they get big bucks with corporations that deal in military intelligence or international issues.

Also they know how to analyze intelligence

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience
People will take anything as "fact" if it backs up their opinion.

It is called confirmation bias, which is why former intelligence officers who have no access to anything more than what the public does, are being taken serious by certain people.

Not that this applies as to this information, but, truly, WOW, such regard and respect given to those who "retire," after working no telling how long to protect your precious way of life, in SOME cases.

This is a repetitive loop going on here, and doesn't appear to be good for anyone. They may have no more access than anyone, but they certainly are likely to know more than posters on ATS, who for the most part, never had any access. Taken seriously? Hmmmm. That's real funny. And you're a taken seriously ATS poster, as am I......

Negation bias exists as well....and is apparently quite healthy. Divide and concquer: let's all cop to it, shall we?
Ridiculous to even try to make sense these days.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Sorry, but I do participate... I just don't have time to sit around and wait for you to show up

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

True, it is just rare that they speak up like this... sometimes to find the jobs they have had dissipate...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Except no where in your source does it say "High level US Intelligence Officers: Syrian Govt Didnt Launch ...."

Former intelligence officers said that some of their previous co-workers said in their opinion the most reliable intelligence showed that al-Assad was not responsible..

In ATS world that somehow becomes the title of this post.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

It makes it even more interesting considering that this is the first Jesuit Pope in an eternity...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

We have no choice about that... ATS rules state that the article Headline must match the one posted... so it would be the problem of ZeroHedge...which do normally get things right...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
reply to post by tetra50

Sorry, but I do participate... I just don't have time to sit around and wait for you to show up

Laughing. Funny. I'm GLAD you participate, and glad to see you here, again. But, I thought I showed up pretty quickly, really.....
backatcha'
Tetra50

Also, agree with your stance on your next post.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I recommend all ATS to give their Flag support to the post on sending the legislature to Syria....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

You did! Great comeback... and big hug...

Go put a flag on Poll: Majority Of Americans Approve Of Sending Congress To Syria

that post was hilarious....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I wonder if Obama even knows that at least 1 of 4 americans are against action in Syria.. I wonder if people close to him are keeping such information away from him, so that he can stand up in front of us all and say the things he say with a straight face?

Either that or he is one heck of a liar.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes, former US Intel saying what is known by all.

Current US Intel officials, Saudi Intel, and Qatar Intel officials...aka Mukharada Amriki...aka TPTB planned the whole event regarding the chemical attack by the rebels.
Stay tuned...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Afghanistan did not 'produce' Mr Laden. Understand a little of that guy and his families history and you will see that more than anything Saudi Arabia was the catalyst to his anger.

I've read everything I can find about Bin Laden. It was something to pass the time with unabridged audio on the truck, driving around the nation for years. He came to be looked at and accepted as what he came to be in a Jihadi leader during the Afghan war. He showed up, as multiple accounts put it, with his own fighters in tow who treated the Afghans lower than themselves. Apparently this really pissed off the locals too, but it made for a force within a force. The same as they are now. In Syria they both operate under the FSA banner and the locals sure don't get protection from one over the other.

Bin Laden was even quoted in one book as having said he'd take a CIA Officer if he could get away with it, as quickly as he's take a Soviet Officer. Both sides were Infidels to that fanatic. We just fed the same general cause so he didn't actively hunt the U.S. side of the world until after "US Boots defiled the sacred sands of the Arabian Peninsula" as he put it back then, I seem to recall.

It REALLY pissed off Bin Laden when the Saudi Royal Family told him to take his band of fighters elsewhere and get stuffed in 1990, then let the US roll in for Kingdom defense (Operation Desert Shield)......and little known to all us who watched it all then? The die for all that came, was cast.

I imagine guys either serving there or who have can say more, if they've ever heard that topic come up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join