It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

You addressed the wrong Person,
they attack me not i attack them!

Anyway, the Typhoon nearly passed Tokyo and we are still alive,
i doubt that we see any damage in Daiichi.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Human0815 because: change my posting for clearer words!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This thread is about the nuclear emergency in Japan, period. Please stop making personal comments, everyone.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Plummeting morale at Fukushima Daiichi as nuclear cleanup takes its toll

"Very little has changed at Fukushima Daiichi in the past six months," said Jun Shigemura, a lecturer in the psychiatry department at the National Defence Medical College who heads of a team of psychologists that counsels Fukushima plant workers. "Tepco is doing its best to improve matters, but you can see that the situation is severe."

Shigemura is most concerned about the 70% of Tepco workers at Fukushima Daiichi who were also forced to evacuate their homes by the meltdown. They have yet to come to terms with that loss and many live away from their families in makeshift accommodation near the plant.

"They were traumatised by the tsunami and the reactor explosions and had no idea how much they had been irradiated," Shigemura said. "That was the acute effect but now they are suffering from the chronic effects, such as depression, loss of motivation and issues with alcohol."

Their anxiety is compounded by uncertainty over the future of their embattled employer. Tepco is coming under mounting pressure to resolve the worsening water crisis at Fukushima Daiichi, which recently prompted the government to step in with half a billion dollars (£312m) to help contain the build-up of toxic water.

Its ability to stem the water leaks by the time Tokyo hosts the Olympics in 2020 – as promised by Abe – could be hampered by a looming labour shortage.

As Tepco was reducing costs and attempting to calm public anger over its handling of the crisis, it imposed a 20% pay cut for all employees in 2011. From a total workforce of 37,000, 1,286 people left the firm, between April 2011 and June this year. The firm did not hire any employees in fiscal 2012 and 2013.

Guardian Source:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Tepco is using contractors which remove the need to hire employees to do much of the work. Contractors are "someone elses problem" and it is easy to deny any responsibility for the contractor's employees who can be anyone who needs the money.

Yes, Tepco may have stopped employing people, but there are many ways to get around the company rule which says no employment. They can contract people on fixed term contracts or hire people as self-employed, or, as I say, just get a bunch of contractors to 'employ' people. That way, it saves on any nasty little loose ends which may appear in the future to suck off the profits.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

wishes
This thread is about the nuclear emergency in Japan, period. Please stop making personal comments, everyone.

does the site owner close "unwieldy" only to open ones that have little to no moderation ?...I mean truth on this subject is totally obscured from one of the most important groups ( everyone that dfoes not know how they have been screwed AND DOOMED FOR PROFIT OF WHAT ...TEN PEOPLE ?) now that this thread is no longer identified as the 'all time ' biggest thread ( because it was not officially linked by ats ) ...funny how the content of the average posts changed and the moderation also

Now here is an interesting question has anyone been tracking illness from crypto or other similar first long term indicators in either ( the major island of japan) Honsho ( especially Tokyo ) or california recently...?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

At least some of the previous posts were kindly removed. Onward ho, crew!

I have to imagine many people (and animals and plants) are showing obvious signs of radiation sickness. And I have to presume trying to get accurate accounting of illness and deaths attributable to Fukushima will be all but impossible - besides denial and burying information there's also general incompetence, misdiagnosis and medical records that will never be made public anyway. It will have to be a matter of guestimating from what is known and trying to proportion it to the larger population(s)....

If you (or anyone) has any internet sites or resources that could help accumulate this information... someone or some organization in Japan perhaps? ...Though ultimately it's just a number's/waiting game.

I have looked into the dark side of life/existence for many decades and still cannot fathom the 'people' who have brought this wrath onto the planet. They 'had' to know the consequences... I take some comfort knowing 'they' breath the same air, but of course that presumes they're as vulnerable as we are to what we're breathing.

Only months later in the summer of 2011 Prince William and Kate came to Calgary, Alberta and I wondered why, if there was a real risk, would they come even closer to the winds that carry all that radiation? Maybe it's not that bad? Or maybe they're not vulnerable... Surely the elite know of every molecule that's in the air. All those trillions of dollars have to be going somewhere.

Next life I want a holiday - I want to go somewhere there's more sanity than not for a change! All countries are turning a blind eye to this. Instead of clamoring to fix the biggest planet wide emergency in history they just raise the acceptable limit and move on... meanwhile... what do we know? What can we find out? What can we do?

Anyone?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

intrptr

reply to post by Wertwog

A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything.

And if you know where that quote is from I'll give you a cookie!

One of my favorites...

OMG, bingo, another fan of the esoteric!

(can't seem to insert cookie image...)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
For some reason I can't put the video in the post, so I am posting a direct link to it on YouTube.

Presented without comment and without total belief in some of the info presented. However, there are some very dire predictions concerning some worst case scenarios and some of them seem to make sense. It is over an hour but even if you don't believe the dire predictions it is still an interesting video to watch.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Unit 1 Temps....Crazy....

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Neither serious trouble nor change in the monitoring data has been found

TOKYO-Oct. 16, 2013. Although typhoon No. 26 (Wipha) passed over Japan on October 16 (Wed), since adequate precautionary measures were taken, neither serious trouble at Fukushima Daiichi NPS, nor change in the monitoring data at the sea area inside and around the power station, has been observed. Judging by the monitoring results of the seawater, there has been no impact on the waters of the ocean. The reactor cooling system, the spent fuel pool cooling system and the contaminated water treatment apparatus are all operating as normal.

The following countermeasures were implemented by TEPCO in advance.
-Lashing and protection of machinery, cables, hoses, etc.
-Taking down of crane booms to prevent them from overturning
-Suspension of all offshore work
-Suspension of part of onshore work

Meanwhile, to prevent accumulated water inside the dikes (*1) from overflowing, this was drained to the outside of the dikes, after TEPCO confirmed that the radioactive material density in the water was below the discharge standard (*2).

*1 Each group of tanks in which the contaminated water accumulates at the Fukushima Daiichi NPS is set up on a concrete foundation and surrounded by a 30 centimeter-tall dike.
*2 The discharge standard is the provisional standard established by the Japanese government and TEPCO, and is set to be lower than the sea discharge standard value.

-Cesium-134: Below 15Bq/L (Sea Discharge Standard Value: 60 Bq/L)
-Cesium-137: Below 25Bq/L (Sea Discharge Standard Value: 90 Bq/L)
-No detection of the other γ nuclides (excludes natural nuclides)
-Strontium-90: Below 10Bq/L (Sea Discharge Standard Value: 30 Bq/L)
-Satisfaction of the notification levels for the other nuclides, by using water quality, etc. of the tanks as a reference.

Tepco Source:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hi people,

I have been following along, per normal. I went walking around ATS for a few days during the shutdown/debt debacle. It's rough out there in ATS land. Whew. A lot of built up anger, callousness and lack of compassion of all things human recently. Anyway...glad that's over, for now.

In my wanderings, I clicked on a few threads that I wasn't sure what they were about and one this morning made me go wo' what? Have you seen this thread - About FEDBIZOPPS...People may want to take a look...I think we may have a Fukushima related alert in the U.S. being uncovered through advance supply requisitions of a lot of radiation detecting equipment.

See AFewGoodWomen's thread here and this post specifically...

AFewGoodWomen

It's the specific...goal oriented items that serve a greater purpose that are disturbing me right now.
All the rad sensors...DLA is requesting them and not the department of energy...DLA is for GI inventory...non specific deployments...
Thing is...it's being deployed WITHIN CONUS....and hawaii and ALaska AND Peurto Rico...

whaaaaaa???

But hold on...after FUKU, I'm not gonna sweat the fact that Hawaii wants some rad detectors....no, it would make perfect, non-alarming sense after all...

Uh-oh...seems that a lot of 'regions' are requiring MANY rad detectors for GI inventory...
wait...make that EVERY region...
um...(shifts nervously in chair)

Is that...a mushroom cloud????

Phew...just a normal cloud.

The thread is interesting and investigating the ongoing supply requisitions made by the President and the Joint Chiefs of Staff that are publicly available if you understand the coding which the thread gets into.

Just passing this along to those here in case advance supply requisitions might be a sign of anything to come...as if the plans for Unit 4 alone aren't enough.

Thanks all.

edit on 17-10-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Alekto

symptomoftheuniverse
Bad news folks-typhoon heading for japan.

They happen fairly frequently in Japan. As do earthquakes.

Yah, just earthquakes. No "big" deal. As for Typhoons the near shore wave intensity stirs the sediments on the ocean floor. Its a good mixer. Nutrients, minerals, waste from animals (and reactors) are brought ashore to enhance the environment.

Stirred up "stuff' also can travel the ocean currents far and wide in order to benefit ocean critters and the people who eat them.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

And what do you expect?

Can't you even imagine the impact to the whole global Weather System
when Japan would try to stop a/ this Typhoon?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Purplechive
Unit 1 Temps....Crazy....

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Hey, Purple Chive. Thanks for the continued temp readings on the reactors. There isn't much data on that anywhere else. I remember us following that back on the other thread. Their (Tepco's) charts were much more detailed back then.

The resolution and detail improved since then, huh--- Not! Go figure. Oh, well... deep well, deep, melt-down, reactor well, I guess its getting harder to see down there the further the singularities get to the center of the planet, lol.

All seriousness aside, I was wondering if you could refresh me with a link to the chart you link shows that defines the (air intakes) and their location on the reactors in a diagram? It would help others I am sure also to be able to decode the acronyms and follow the temperature changes. They surely reflect ongoing heat releases from deep inside the tented structure of #1.

Thanks in advance,

intrptr
edit on 17-10-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Unit 4 Skimmer Surge Tank Level

This is one heck of a one day drop!!!

64.71×100mm
(as of 11:00 , 10/17 )

48.51×100mm
(as of 11:00 , 10/18 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Here's where I'm finding the data Intrptr:

www.tepco.co.jp...

TEPCO stopped the super detailed charts awhile ago....not like they are trying to conceal anything...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

TEPCO stopped the super detailed charts awhile ago....not like they are trying to conceal anything...

Thats why I brought the snapshot I took back when, so people could see the difference between more detailed charts from the past and the space Invaders resolution chart they are providing today. Yes, they are "de-resing" as the situation gets worse.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
WTH ???

Robert Jacobs, a professor at Hiroshima Peace University:

Why does the problem persist at Fukushima? Because they can’t decide whether they want to close it or to keep it going.

- Tokyo Electric Power Company in fact seems reluctant to shut down Fukushima for good. Tepco is in fact pushing to reopen its Kashiwazaki Kariwa facility – the world's largest nuclear power station – which itself was shut down in 2007 following reports of radioactive leaks in the wake of an earthquake.

rt.com...

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join