It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
And the hits just keep coming...

Tepco orders evacuation of workers from near sea wall at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant after earthquake, NHK reports - via @HirokoTabuchi

They are also expecting a possible tsunami-

Update: Authorities expecting a 1-meter tsunami by 1:40 p.m. ET after earthquake off coast of Fukushima Prefecture, Japan - @weatherchannel

www.breakingnews.com...

We're obviously past the point of hoping for the best... let's just hope this doesn't exacerbate matters.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Hi qmantoo!

From your earlier link...

UNIT 4-- 11-29-2010. All of the fuel was removed from Unit 4 to prepare for a change out of the shroud. The fuel elements were stored in the same location in the spent fuel pool which is typically not done at BWR plants. The fuel elements are typically stored in a checkerboard fashion so all the recently removed elements are not all together. No reason has been given or identified as to why TEPCO did this at unit 4. Storage of the fuel in a concentration such as was done at unit 4 results in the highest gamma field possible and will increase radiation exposure to workers directly above the racks.

Weird. This was before the quake.
And then...

o TEPCO has not provided information concerning the integrity of the spent fuel pool concrete located adjacent to the hottest fuel racks in sfp 4. The heat transfer through the stainless steel liner in the sfp can overheat the concrete walls and cause blistering or cracking which can weaken the sfp concrete walls

How is that going to effect the fuel loading? I don't know. I do have some more variables for you though, to add to your calculations. One 7.x quake, several after shocks, a (small) Tsunami, and two typhoons.

earthalerts.manyjourneys.com...
Fukushima is back on shake and bake.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Observed wave heights on east coast of Japan in here at bottom of the page...

www.jma.go.jp...

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I am no expert in the field nor claim to be, but I do know that all this radioactive material can be processed to non-radioactive material in a matter of months. The knowledge and technology already exists, it's called a microwave. I suggest to the people that are interested and have extensive knowledge of microwaves to look into it. I'm not sure as to why it is being over looked. Maybe it is opening a can of worms in the future?
Does anyone here know this?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mamahuhu

Hi mamhuhu, welcome to the ATS Fukushima thread!

I am no expert in the field nor claim to be, but I do know that all this radioactive material can be processed to non-radioactive material in a matter of months. The knowledge and technology already exists, it's called a microwave.

I would be interested to read any material you have on that. Can you provide a link?

I'm not sure as to why it is being over looked.

Me neither. I would surmise that they would have tried that and any other magic bullet already. One problem with that idea is approaching the reactor cores. They are so radioactive this is currently impossible.

The other problem is radioactive elements are already at their fundamental smallest level. Atoms can be blasted and burned and they are still there. They might undergo fission and divide into "nuclides" of atoms, that is what already happened to a large extent because of the meltdowns.

The only thing that I am currently aware of that diminishes radioactivity is decay over time.

Skip the math formulas and read the beginning in these...

Radionuclide

radioactive decay

Half-life

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
No increased Radioactivity here in Tokyo-Setagaya Ward,
the Dosage for Beta- and Gamma Radiation is stable
with 0.09-0.10 micro-Sievert/ Hour at the Ground!

I really dislike Eq. in that Area but it showed us how small we are.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
No radiation on the ground? No one worried about radiation?

The swimwear - which weighs only three kilograms - is completely fused so the contaminated water cannot seep through. The suit therefore protects the person wearing it from aftermath illnesses such as cancer, according to its makers.

rt.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thank you for the welcoming and the links. Unfortunately, aside from the patents, the information I have is hearsay. This machine isn't being used to its full potential due to a vast wall of red tape. These machines would just need to be tuned and the radioactive waste would be solved. As for the cores, I'm sure something could be figured out along the same lines just a farther distance away. A lot of our problems could be solved using microwaves.

Patent #'s
US 20110048916-A1
US 20110132902-A1
US 20120125920-A1

Have you ever heard about this before?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Could you dumb it down a little for me? I tried a patent search and those numbers weren't found.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The first patent number refers to the microwave reduction of ORGANIC materials, not nuclear and/or radioactive materials. The second and third could not be found. But radioactive materials are "hot" on the atomic and/or molecular level and so can be reduced no further.

So, unless you can provide documentation to the contrary, I have to say that you either were misinformed or misunderstood the material.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Now keep in mind that these are capable of so much more. Just as "Dolly" meant much more than being able to just clone sheep, these microwaves can do more than just vaporize tires and separate them into fuels, metal, and carbon.

www.envirowave.com

I hope this opens your mind to the world of possibilities this could and should bring forth. The red tape is super thick though.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

"and so can be reduced no further. ",,correct,, but they CAN BE,,fussed. into new "weights".

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I know what the patents refer to. I have a decent idea of what radioactive material is also. The gentlemen who invented and work on these do not believe in limits though. Where there is a will there is a way. Hence, what they are capable of inventing.

As for me providing documentations, blueprints etc. Forget it. Most of this has been deemed top secret and I do not have the documents. Thank the government for that. I am not misinformed nor do I misunderstand what these gentlemen are allowed to share with me. If you choose not to believe me, I understand. However, please look into microwaves and frequencies.

www.envirowave.com

If the microwaves are capable of doing that, what are the true limits to this technology and knowledge?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

BobAthome

"and so can be reduced no further. ",,correct,, but they CAN BE,,fussed. into new "weights".

No, they cannot be "fused" into new weights. The naturally occurring radioactive elements are already at the top of the atomic weight scale and elements of higher atomic weights have only been produced in accelerators in very small quantities (just an atom or two at a time) and they only last for very minute fractions of a second. That means that even if you could "fuse" lighter elements that were made radioactive you would still have the natural radioactive elements to make the fused material radioactive again.

mamahuhu

I know what the patents refer to. I have a decent idea of what radioactive material is also. The gentlemen who invented and work on these do not believe in limits though. Where there is a will there is a way. Hence, what they are capable of inventing.

As for me providing documentations, blueprints etc. Forget it. Most of this has been deemed top secret and I do not have the documents. Thank the government for that. I am not misinformed nor do I misunderstand what these gentlemen are allowed to share with me. If you choose not to believe me, I understand. However, please look into microwaves and frequencies.

www.envirowave.com

If the microwaves are capable of doing that, what are the true limits to this technology and knowledge?

First of all, refer to my answer to the first quote above. Next, microwaves heat up the material they act on. Heating a radioactive material to a high enough temperature to fuse it into something else is not really not something you would want to do. Why do you think the biggest problem with Fukushima, and any other nuke storage facility, is keeping the fuel cool???

And the link you provided to the manufacturer of the commercial microwave ovens only states that they are for drying out and sterilizing organic waste.

I don't want to appear argumentative, but I still do not believe that microwave energy can be used in that way. And I do have an engineering and science background; enough so that I have written articles on quantum mechanics among other things. You can read them by visiting my website linked to in my signature line.
edit on 27-10-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Damn censors. The post I made above showed the protective underwear designed for workers at Fukushima. The photo was removed so I am replacing it here.

Link to the site that carried the pic...

Lead underwear

and the pic...

This is a test of the censorship on the internet, this is only a test.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Thats different than "theres an invention and patents".

www.envirowave.com

Thanks for the link. The site doesn't mention radioactive materials... at all. Claiming its "top secret", requiring others to just "believe you" or "forget it" is one way of presenting your case.
I have to agree with happykat after reviewing the linkless link...

Nice try. For others to review...

www.envirowave.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
A 7.2 earthquake is no joke. I've lived thru one and seen the damage they do to water mains, gas lines, and foundations.

I don't know how the cores in the reactors would fare being shook by a 7 earthquake. The water in the storage tanks got a good sloshing I'll bet too. All the reports from there (mainstream) have told us there is no further damage to the site. They couldn't possibly know that already without a full inspection and that will take days.

What they'll say is "another tank leaked", as in one.

A look at the intensity of the 7.2 quake yesterday:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

intrptr
A 7.2 earthquake is no joke. I've lived thru one and seen the damage they do to water mains, gas lines, and foundations.

I don't know how the cores in the reactors would fare being shook by a 7 earthquake. The water in the storage tanks got a good sloshing I'll bet too. All the reports from there (mainstream) have told us there is no further damage to the site. They couldn't possibly know that already without a full inspection and that will take days.

What they'll say is "another tank leaked", as in one.

A look at the intensity of the 7.2 quake yesterday:

This Video you posted is from 03/11 and not from the Mag. 7,3

Please correct your Statement to be on the right Side!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Reversing microwaves to cool? Hmmmm
What if???

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

This Video you posted is from 03/11 and not from the Mag. 7,3

Please correct your Statement to be on the right Side!

I checked and you are right. Tricksters!

Posting that pic of Japanese lead underwear for the third time. This is getting boring... who is authorized to delete uploaded pictures in my ATS library? Why would they?

Lead underwear

edit on 27-10-2013 by intrptr because: link

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join