It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The following quotes come from the guy who sailed the Pacific in 2013 and found it almost void of life with the worst losses occurring as you got closer to Fukushima.

From enenews.com...

“The reality was… if I would have had no spare dry food on the boat — relying on fish this time around — we would have starved to death — because, quite literally, there isn’t any fish. There’s vast tracks where they’re just all gone. Where you could fish reliably, they’re just not there… I used to fish here on exactly the same course, at exactly the same time of year… the same ocean, on the same course, into the same place — and I could catch fish everyday, and for some reason now 10 years later they’re all gone.”

Host: What about sea birds and all of that?
Macfadyen: As you get closer up to Japan they’re all gone, they’re not there anymore… Everything’s all gone, it’s just like sailing in a dead sea… there’s nothing…
Host: After Japan you headed [to] America, did you see any impact from…Fukushima?
Macfadyen: It’s dead. That’s where I coined the phrase, ‘The ocean’s broken’ – because, for thousands of miles, there’s nothing. No birds, no fish, no sharks, no dolphins, no turtles… they’re not there… all those beautiful creatures, they’re just all gone… We’d seen a whale, round about probably 1,000 miles [off] Japan, just lying on the surface with like a big tumor… just behind its head… it looked like it was going to die… it didn’t try to get away, it didn’t flap its tail, it didn’t do anything… It had such a profound effect on me… Just talking about it makes me feel like I want to cry.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld

If you actually do a followup to that article, you will find that the original article actually doesn't mention radiation or Fukushima at all....that was added after the fact by a suggestion from an interviewer. Find the original posting of the article and you will see that it never mentioned anything about Fukushima... that got added in later. The nut jobs at enenews are the ones claiming that the article is all about Fukushima. The original article only was concerned about all the plastic garbage in the ocean.

Same thing every time there is a mass die off.... its the end of the world because of Fukushima, while they conveniently ignore the fact that mass die offs were occurring long before Fukushima.

Everybody with any common sense knows that the Japanese really screwed the pooch with Fukushima.... but claiming it is the end of all humanity is a whole different story.

My favorite claim from enenews posters has to be from the nut job that claims 1 billion dead and mutated babies will be born in India this year due to radiation from Fukushima...... OMG the sky is falling!!!!!

Anything you read on enenews, especially from the people who post there should be taken with a huge grain of salt..... or if they have their way, a huge grain of radioactive salt that has spread all over the earth and killed us all..... two years ago.... we are just ghosts now because humans went extinct from Fukushima a long time ago.
edit on R302015-07-22T12:30:04-05:00k307Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R322015-07-22T12:32:45-05:00k327Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R352015-07-22T12:35:15-05:00k357Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Canada Day Fallout : July 1st 2015 1:30pm - YouTube

Published on Jul 1, 2015
Title tells all. The rain has been falling here for about 12 hours. Lots of cesium presents falling from Fukushima, Tepco, GE, Abe and his Canadian Uranium salesman, Harpo here in eastern Ontario 
4.93 microsieverts /hr.

Almost 40 X my already high avg. background of 0.13. A new rain record high for me, beating out my Sept 012 high of 4.87.

Could the 57 year old Chalk River nuke be refueling / leaking / spewing some weapons grade url=http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/06/29/final-shipment-of-weapons-grade-uranium-due-at-ontario-facility-this-year.html]see link[/url] uranium from Oak Ridge, TN and adding to the toxic soup as well?

Who knows?

They're not talking since they welded up the cracked RPV.

We're all blinded by the transparency of the CNSC.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Ivan MacFadyen The Ocean Is Broken on Radio Jones. - YouTube

Published on May 24, 2015
Pippa Jones speaking with Australian ocean-going yachtsman Ivan MacFadyen whose experiences as a sea traveller of the last couple of decades make him well-informed to describe parts of the Pacific Ocean as “dead” because of severe overfishing, with his vessel having to repeatedly swerve debris for thousands of kilometres on a journey from Australia to Japan.

Aboard his yacht Funnelweb on one of his recent journeys from Melbourne to Osaka, he wrote that only silence and desolation surrounded his boat as it sped across the surface of a haunted ocean.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

RickinVa, I couldn't agree more. In fact in the original thread I complained repeatedly about ENE taking things out of perspective and blowing them up, so much so that at one point I stopped sourcing them at all and now use them for their links to other stories.

In this case however the article in question did state that the part about Fukushima was from a different source when Ivan spoke, so he still said what he said, just not in the article cited. I think thats right.

And concerning the death of the oceans I have repeatedly tried to point out that there are numerous factors at work and it is a cumulative effect we are seeing, but I cant help but suspect that radiation is playing a big part under the covers.

At the end of the day though you are absolutely right, ENE is sensationalist to the point of being hard to fathom.

ON EDIT: from a more reliable source comes this article about Mt Hakone. We need to keep our eyes on that one

fukushima-diary.com...[edi tby]edit on 23-7-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
fukushima-diary.com...

it seems all four reactor buildings are sinking. around 28 and one half inches of sink.

I am speculating that we may see the beginnings of a sinkhole or further downward activity due to corium/groundwater interaction. what else could explain this?

f

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

F, unit 4 has been sinking for sometime, at least that was surmised early by Gundersen and others. It supposedly sank 31.5 inches by the end of 2012, and then there was some more sinking after that but I cant remember the amount. But I cant remember if this was TEPCO data or some one elses. An old article below

fukushimaupdate.com...

So if it did sink 31.5 or more, then the current readings given by TEPCO would indicate that its rising while the others are sinking.

Now there's a mystery for ya.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
It appears that IRID is the main hub for solutions towards decommissioning and treatment and disposal of irradiated water at Fukushima. Is this correct?

Are other groups working on Fukushima problems or leading as well or is IRID the main portal as we understand it? Just trying to clarify where the world's working groups are for this crisis and where they funnel.

We have a subcommittee of IRID, The International Research Group for Nuclear Decommissioning. They are

The International Expert Group (IEG)

The 3rd meeting of the International Expert Group (IEG) was held between June 24-27, 2014. The IEG was formed with the mission of gathering knowledge around the world.

(IEG Members)
Dr. Douglas Chapin, US (Chairman)
Dr. Rosa Yang, US
Dr. Joel Pijselman, France
Mr. Nikolai Steinberg, Ukraine
Dr. Anton Leshchenko, Russia
Mr. Peter Wylie, UK (on behalf of Dr. Simper)(Assistant to the Chairman)
Mr. Robert Coward, US

ADVISORS who met in November were:

(International Advisors)

Mr. Lake H. Barrett, USAMr. Luis E. Echavarri, SpainDr. Adrian Simper, UK(Absent)

1. International Advisors:Comprising of overseas experts, this group provides IRID (board of directors) with advice from organizational and management perspectives.

2. International Expert Group (IEG) :Comprising of overseas experts, this group acts as an advisory council to provide technical advice and proposals to IRID. They have taken over from International Advisory Team (IAT) of Tokyo Electric Power Co., Inc.

Source

The site has a host of research efforts and the conduit to implement, it would appear.

Any others?

The latest solutions to be announced out of Japan were we are delayed removing fuel. Let's dump the irradiated water in the ocean. Let's stop covering damages to people, property and businesses damaged, and let's have people move back in near this nuclear site in full triple meltdown.

Those solutions just are not going to work.

I seriously hope there is better news coming on the R&D front and that topics being discussed here are on the radar.

Thanks for any insight...

Danced...have you read this : www.greenpeace.org...

you should.

...the nature of this anti human venture is flayed open in this cogent observation of the nature of the "why's"
edit on 24-7-2015 by Silverlok because: tew , quiv pro qua

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt
fukushima-diary.com...

it seems all four reactor buildings are sinking. around 28 and one half inches of sink.

I am speculating that we may see the beginnings of a sinkhole or further downward activity due to corium/groundwater interaction. what else could explain this?

f

f, it appears that the 700 mm sinking occurred in the turbine buildings, so the sinking of these wouldnt be the same as what has happened to unit 4 reactor building which started sinking during the first week of the accident. Interesting. Dont know what to make of it.

Concerning unit 4s sinking, the reactor building, when they first started getting the Daichi safe for workers to work there, the first place they concentrated on was pumping massive amounts of cement into and around the footing of 4. There are some photos on the old thread that show them working two cement pumpers at the same time 24/7. This was all commented on before anyone realized that 4 had sunk into the earth.

If the theory of a blast underground is true, then there would have been a crater created from this explosion. And that would explain 4s sinking, and why that area received so much attention before other areas, the massively reinforced steel floor they placed over the entire area surrounding the south and west sides of the unit.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Interesting. They tested Fukushima wild animals for Cs and black bear meat was 160,120 Bq/kg and deer and wild boar were only 140 and 150 Bq/kg. This is the opposite of Chernobyl where wild boar had the highest readings.

www.mhlw.go.jp...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

thanks for the link z. this sinking issue is of major interest to me atm. liquefaction during earthquakes along with possible voids underneath the facility sure make a perfect recipe.

f

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Silverlok

Thank you for that report link.

Holy crap.

Has anyone challenged on the willful misduct argument yet? It would seem that this case could be made relating to the known design flaws. I see the Japan agreement is being challenged by some.

This is pure evil. Can we send in Erin Brokovich?

So glad you shared that document. Thank you. The same corporations in charge of finding solutions via IRID have nothing to lose if they don't solve Fukushima's nuclear nightmare...they think.

Willful misconduct...They should be liable.

As for the CSC...that's about the most unethical industry hit and run I've read. Seriously.

The only difference between conspiracy and collaboration is the ethics applied to the means and the end. This doesn't pass the ethics test on any level.

Lives and a piece of our planet are being willfully sacrificed for greed...even today.

Thanks again Silverlok. Glad to see you.
edit on 26-7-2015 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for their ongoing contributions! I came across this short compilation of news reports on Fukushima - perhaps there is some footage that might be helpful, cheers
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Its why I freaked out in the original thread. I thought for sure 4 was history and so was the world.

Its definitely something that could still become an issue. There has never been a report on 3 but I bet it has sunk too.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Hey here's some info on Unit #3....RickinVA posted on ATS...
this morning... SCARY SCARY....I hope I entered the info correctly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

blogs.wsj.com...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
"I'm sure you are just attempting to be continually informative as you have been through this, but just a thought.

Negative thought waves are by their nature inherently destructive.

Positive thought waves are the 180 degree reciprocal; creative.

Perhaps a lot of the information here is in kind of a middle window [ ] so to speak.

To my understanding of words/thoughts/expressions/creativeness/destructiveness in that middle window can be likened to treading water, not really ascending or descending; or going forwards or backwards, perhaps likened to an aircraft in a headwind whose actual speed over ground is absolute zero because the two forces are in equal and opposite reaction to each other.

I'm not trying to be critical of people posting; just attempting to express my thoughts in an understandable way. "

www.abovetopsecret.com...

wherever however you are , thanks for this , took me a few years and a alot of trouble to understand this , but about fukushima and life, well thanks...to every human on this world whom understands the fuku in their gut , but not yet mind or heart, read communicators comment, I hope the general nature of perception has changed enough that most of you have the capacity to get it faster than I did

..and , communicator, occassionally we need things willing to be enough of the darkness to push past the head wind using it's own force to create something new , be it or not good time will tell, but occasionally a song is crafted using octaves both seen and unseen , causing chaos to work against itself toward order , as orphans do we have any other option than to flex our animal an intellect at our utmost strength as best we know singing a song we can but barely hear? where does the good energy lay? and what makes a good man kill? ( as fuku has shown us what ' bad' men kill for )

...sorry for the rest on this thread just some interesting philosophy that we and our children will deal with
edit on 27-7-2015 by Silverlok because: more is ..wait hey

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
For some time Ive been harping about how TEPCO keeps saying that nitrogen injection is no longer needed or being used in the reactors, but they keep changing the amounts every few days that are listed on their data page. If they werent using nitrogen then these figures would never change and in fact would be stated as 0.

From SimplyInfo this AM comes this story about how they lost power to their nitrogen feed machine but got it running later. What a bunch of liars they are. www.fukuleaks.org...

Fukushima Power System Failure Takes Down Ice Wall & Nitrogen Injection

The power system to operate the freezing of the ice wall and also the nitrogen interting system for the damaged reactors failed early in the morning of July 28th. Ten hours later NHK reported that the two systems were back online using a different power system. The frozen wall takes a longer time frame to begin thawing out. It isn’t clear yet if the halt of nitrogen injection impacted the reactors. TEPCO now reports that a landscaping pin was the cause of the power failure.

ON EDIT: and the other thing that keeps popping up is the temps in the unit 4 SFP which is now just water. Its a whisker shy of 80F. A pool of water enclosed in a building with no spent fuel is now warmer than unit 3 was a couple of weeks ago. Just doesnt make sense.
edit on 28-7-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I post on enenews occasionally , I am one of the crazies?

on edit: the fellow mentioned is dana durnford ( www.thenuclearproctologist.org... ) , and his videos; www.youtube.com... ( he is Canadian so be prepared for extemporaneous loquaciousness ) should be viewed by anyone whom has been a long time member to this thread .
Whether fuku diaichii is responsible for the death of the pacific or not WILL BE DECIDED BY THE INEVITABLE WEIGHT OF THE TRUTH OF TIME , his scientific observations are ...jaw dropping

edit on 28-7-2015 by Silverlok because: crazy is only in the minds of people fixed or unchangeable

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Everyone reading or posting this thread should read ( and save , because a huge amount of information about fuku has been erased from the 'webs' ) this ( long ) document ( beginning to end ).

...here a new series; random readings from elevatation zero:

" Unlike other industries,
nuclear operators, suppliers, and their investors
are not required to fully compensate
victims. Nuclear suppliers, in almost all circumstances, never have to make payouts. The nuclear i
ndustry is
frequently exempt from liability, even when its disasters cover large areas, cross national boundaries, and are long
lasting
. Ironically, a manufacturer of turbines for coal plants faces more potential economic liability than the supplier
of nuc
lear reactors.
In essence, nuclear liability means people liability:
people are forced to pick up the bill for the
nuclear industry’s disasters. "

www.greenpeace.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

look at the recent us iran nuclear 'deal' , and russia's oops Imean , Putins support of fifa's clearly # bag ceo...
Iran has the infrastructure already in place for MASSIVE uranium , and fuel rod refinement...the rest of the nuke fuel rod refinement industry is in turmoil ( check areva's losses for the last four years , and remember Siemens brutal pullout in 2011) .
The 'industry' ( military complex ) needs massive production of nuker fuels so that , mass production, makes an otherwise totally uneconomical product, economical. without commercial nuclear reactors , and hundreds of them needing tons of fuel that has no home when used, nuclear fuel would not, cannot be a military asset because direct taxation for the cost would become so extreme the human assets that make it possible woudl begin to refuse to pay.

that's why the nuker industry receives more government subsidies than all other energy sources combined..and because of the legacy of these device will need a pension plan better than anyone one ever living has ever possessed

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join