It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Fukushima Secrecy Hiding Radioactive Leak, Dead Cows & Sick Sea Lions update 3/5/15 - YouTube

Published on March 5, 2015
Towns Protest Over Nuclear Plant Water Leak & Secrecy

Towns hosting nuclear plants in Fukushima have lodged a protest with the operator of the plants over failing to disclose some radioactive water leaks from Fukushima Daiichi into the sea.

Tokyo Electric Power Company is facing heavy criticism over its handling of tainted water that collected on the rooftop of the No.2 reactor building at the Daiichi plant. The water is believed to have been spilling into the sea through a drainage channel.

Tokyo Electric was aware that the levels of radioactive substances in the channel rise whenever it rains. But it didn't make the information public until last month.

Naraha Town Mayor Yukiei Matsumoto, who is also the representative of the 4 towns hosting the Fukushima Daiichi and Daini plants, visited Tokyo Electric's head office on Thursday.

Matsumoto told the utility's president Naomi Hirose it's extremely regrettable that the latest development has profoundly undermined trust in the company among locals.

Matsumoto said securing the overall safety of the nuclear plants, including the issue of contaminated water, is the first step in efforts to rebuild from the 2011 nuclear accident.

He handed Hirose a letter of protest, in which the municipalities demand the company swiftly disclose information and enhance the awareness of its employees.

Hirose offered his apologies for repeatedly causing concerns among local people. He vowed the company will take thorough measures to prevent a recurrence.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

OK I got it.I confused TEPCO with ZAMG. It was ZAMG, (Central Institution for Meteorology and Geodynamics of Austria) that brought out a later estimation based on the amount of airborne and waterborne contaminants actually monitored and recorded and extrapolated from there. They came up with the figure of 17846 Pbq compared to Chernobyls 8405 Pbq, making Fukushima over twice that of Chernobyl.

TEPCO wouldnt have admitted to that in a million years as it would mean that a large amount of rads came from another source. I shouldve remembered that.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld
I think that here in the recent shadow of the 4th year of incompetence and malfeasance by Te4pco , the japanese banks/government the IAEA and the NRC and the U>S> connection to such many things can now be defined with certainty.

The most troubling is disease.

Yes, direct radiation effects are pretty bad, but indirect changes in long term radiation levels ( EVEN LOW ONES ) over population sizes ( amongst ALL organisms ) indisputably increases mutation and ( in mammals at the very least ) decreased immune response. Combined, these two things mean that , without a doubt, given the large population of humans, the advancement of disease agents will exponentially out pace the biology of the organisms they inhabit .

or;

"germs" mutate faster , mammals immunities counteract slower( and slower with age )

Japan is a country with a very high ratio of elderly people....this is the perfect environment under normal circumstances for disease propagation ( compromised immune system leading to death or faster disease mutation ), in the new fuku world
it represents a 'worst case scenario' : we get radiation all over ( heavily in the northern hemisphere) way worse than Chernobyl, and we have a LARGE population of elderly weakened immune systems to weaken further and spread/mutate disease .

I personally believe it's why the term " anti-vaxsers " has popped into EVERYWHERE over the last year....Someone wants to blame increased sickness and death on not vaccinating, instead of increasingly toxic environmental conditions.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Fukushima Molten Corium ~ "The Lava Lamp Effect" Some of it Still Oozing

Published on Mar 5, 2015
Catching up on some videos I've been wanting to post after I have my new video editor figured out.

Here's one from February 23, 2015 with Dr. Bill Deagle and Chris Harris called Nuclear Engineer:

New video appears to show molten corium that melted out of Fukushima reactor — “Some of it is still oozing” — We’ve been talking about criticalities going on and causing continued heat for a long time now” (AUDIO & VIDEO) the lava lamp effect."

Published: February 23rd, 2015 at 5:22 pm ET

Chris Harris, former licensed Senior Reactor Operator & engineer, Feb 19, 2015 (at 30:15 in): enenews.com...

The buildings are really in a state of disrepair at Fukushima. There’s been some new video released of what could be the molten – some of the corium – that has leeched out.

We talked a long time ago that some of it is not solid and still oozing in that respect.

And this video showed something, that if it weren’t just metal melted, but it sure looked like if it was corium, then it would be oozing. Which would lend credibility to our lava lamp effect that we’ve been talking about for a long time now, thus little criticalities going on and causing continued heat…

Certainly there were some pretty interesting images of it. You can see how frustrating the attempts are to contain the mess into some area, let alone treat it. The fuel was never designed to leave the cladding, that was the first line of defense.

Once that gets broken and then the containment gets broken, or even before that the reactor gets broken, the genie is long out of the bottle.

edit on 16/3/2015 by thorfourwinds because: lynx

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Fukushima Radioactive Pickle Dilemma update 3/6/15

Published on Mar 6, 2015
Yes, indeed. Japan is in one hell of a pickle.

And it's Not Just Japan.

When they burn that radioactive debris, the radioactivity becomes "re-liberated" and begins a whole new journey to another location to screw up the "control groups" of which to compare cancer studies and other ailments.

TV: “Radioactive cover-up” at Fukushima — Experts believe ...

Fukushima: Japan has chosen to incinerate tons of radioactive waste...

Tokyo Starts Burning Radioactive Waste from Other Areas ...

1,466 days, 4 years and 5 days, and the same old, same old.

TEPCO says it will now promptly release all data that could pose a risk to the plant's surrounds.

The utility's officials suspect water from the ditch spilled into the sea through the drainage channel.

The ditch runs near a tank storing highly radioactive water.

TEPCO workers have checked the tank, but found no evidence of a leak.

But they are still investigating the possibility of a leak of contaminated water from the tank to the ditch.

Current information disclosure is limited to underground tunnels and channels linked to the sea, and other areas of the plant site that have previously posted high radiation levels.

TEPCO says it will also create a new organization to make regular checks on the adequacy of information disclosure.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
THIS is interesting....

Fukushima Radiation Found in Sample of Green Tea from Japan

Harvey Wasserman | March 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Four years after the multiple explosions and melt-downs at Fukushima, it seems the scary stories have only just begun to surface.

Given that Japan’s authoritarian regime of Shinzo Abe has cracked down on the information flow from Fukushima with a repressive state secrets act, we cannot know for certain what’s happening at the site.

More at the link.....

ecowatch.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Fukushima and the Minister of Human Extinction

Fukushima and the Minister of Human Extinction
by Garry Greenwood

Should we be worried by a Japanese doomsday cult awaiting its nuclear global Armageddon at this point in history?

Its “divine revelations” demand one.

“Although Ningen (sub humans – that’s you and me) eagerly seek peace and coexistence and dislike the atomic bomb, the production of fire balls in this world cannot be stopped.

God will make man produce the fireballs and bullets…they (that’s you and me again) are just like radish to be grated.”
  P. 188-190 revealed August 15, 1963.

“This is the End of the World.” P. 138-139 revealed August 20, 1961.

“Earth must be burnt away with the Ball of Fire in order for God to descend from Heaven… and carry out the Art of beating them to a pulp.”  P. 159 revealed August 5, 1962.

"Welcome to your new future and to the world of Sukyo Mahikari – Japan’s fastest growing state-sponsored doomsday cult. This supremacist cult has your future already in its hands."

The above words represent a mere sample of the doomsday and supremacy ideology to be found within the pages of their holy book of “divine revelations’ the Goseigen, from which members of this cult obtain their succour, justification, future directions and arrogance meanwhile setting the future course for humankind. These revelations come from the highest most powerful god this nation could conjure up. Don’t mess with him.

“The ultimate result will be the destruction of the earth. All must end up in destruction and separation. Therefore god's kingdom has been symbolised by KAGOME.” P 280 revealed October 11, 1966. (Kagome is the Star of David symbol – of those who will be saved)

I am presenting the samples set out above since I have a copy of Goseigen and I have read it many times over. I was a high-ranking member of this cult for around ten years. All cult members have a copy and know it thoroughly. It’s their duty to. It’s their bible – their script which they must faithfully follow…

“I must change the surface of the earth into the sea of fire...I cannot but exert the great compensation phenomena to the masses on this planet” P. 173 revealed January 15, 1963.

Fukushima: The Final Battlefield

SYNOPSIS – THE STORY:

Japanese Yakuza are secretly rounding up homeless men on the streets of Tokyo and forcing them to work on the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant. In vain and at great danger to themselves they toil relentlessly in the crippled plant. It’s obviously a hopeless and lethal task.

PM Shinzo Abe prays fervently at the Yasukuni Shrine wherein the millions of ancestor spirits of those who died whilst fighting for the divine Emperor during the Second World War are enshrined. Also, Japan’s most notorious war criminals are buried here.

Abe swears that one day he will avenge the spirits of all those enshrined here.

Glancing through the Shrine’s visitor book he smiles when he sees that several ruling Liberal Democratic Party members (LDP) have also signed it. His smile broadens even further when he is greeted by one of the Shrine’s priests – a close friend of the leader of the nation’s fastest growing doomsday cult, Sukyo Mahikari.

Abe has a deep admiration for this occult cult and regularly sends his congratulations or a representative on their special occasions.

Its founder, Yoshikazu Okada, was a great and powerful militarist who owned a huge munitions factory during the war. He was also a friend of the Imperial family, something that Abe hopes to achieve someday.

In the meantime he can only fantasize about his divine supremacy calling by being photographed in his jet fighter plane. He knows that his days of glory will surely come just as, Yoshikazu Okada, the cult’s leader had his day in the sun as a military strategist during the glorious Nanjing incident (Rape of Nanjing).

Abe also reflects upon those happy days when he would sit on his grandfather’s knee listening as his grandfather, Nobusuke Kishi, recounting his glory days in Manchuria as its main administrator and as a high ranking militarist wherein he helped establish the secret military unit #731- a unit dedicated to creating the most advanced methods of mass destruction imaginable.

He was also the wartime Minister of Munitions and established Japan’s clandestine nuclear weapons program. “It’s just not right that grandfather Kishi was arrested as a war criminal. People simply don’t understand.”

Nobusuke Kishi obviously had a great influence upon the young Abe.

“How unfair the world has become. After all didn’t we save China from western imperialism?”
ponders PM Abe,

“if only we could have succeeded in our mission to save the world then.

Too bad about the tens of millions of Chinese who got in the way.”

TO BE CONTINUED…

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I stopped reading when you said "Ningen" means sub-human.

Ningen simply means "Human Being" or "Man (Humanity)". Your agenda at Demonizing the Japanese people really irritates me.
edit on 17-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Out of respect for his beloved grandfather and the glorious Japanese military, Shinzo Abe has the numerals 731 painted on his jet fighter and gives the world a big “thumbs up” or “you can trust me” gesture (see photo).

Meanwhile, far out in the South China Sea on the tiny and disputed Senkaku/Diaoyu Islets, Abe’s long-serving colleague, Shintaro Ishihara, leader of the New Restoration Party (nuclear re-armament party) and ex-mayor of Tokyo is challenging the might of the Chinese navy hoping for some form of military retaliation in order to justify the nuclear re-arming of Japan.

His last major challenge whilst still mayor of Tokyo was the incineration of thousands of tons of highly radioactive rubble from the areas close to Fukushima which were devastated in the recent tsunami.

Thousands of tons of radioactive smoke was dispatched high into the atmosphere on its long journey eastwards.

“If only we could draw the U.S. into this conflict with China, too.

Oh, how this would avenge our ancestor spirits at the Yasukuni Shrine.

God would be so happy”

he thinks as he bravely stares down the Chinese gunboats circling about.

Shintaro Ishihara is used to conflicts. He was once on a sure path to becoming a Japanese Prime Minister himself, that is, until his deep involvement with the murderous Aum Shinri Kyo cult was uncovered forcing him to abandon his parliamentary aspirations and lie low for some years.

But nowadays a good PR makeover can undo almost anything. He feels contentment towards his Aum days as they did smuggle great quantities of nuclear weaponry out of the crumbling Soviet Union after all.

They almost got the Armageddon they were seeking.

PM Abe notices Shintaro Ishihara’s name in the Yasukuni Shrine’s visitor book too and briefly wonders how his divine campaign in the South China Sea is progressing.

It can be a small world for those at the top – the ruling elite, as Shintaro Ishihara is a longstanding member and personal friend of Yoshikazu Okada, the founder of the Sukyo Mahikari cult too.

Okada, too, was well connected to most Japanese Prime Ministers of that era whilst his personal confidante and second in command of the cult was a convicted war criminal.

“Those 33 captured US airmen should have shown us more respect.

Just because Japan had already surrendered before we decapitated them doesn’t mean a thing.

They were our enemy.

We will have our revenge one day.

God is with us.

We are the chosen ones.”

PM Shinzo Abe looks kindly upon the Ishihara family because of their loyal and longstanding support, so in order to express this appreciation Shintaro Ishihara’s son, Nobuteru Ishihara, himself a high-ranking LDP politician is given the prized cabinet position as the new Minister for the Environment, Nuclear Reactors and Minister responsible for decommissioning the destroyed Fukushima nuclear power station.

The ruling elite is well pleased with this appointment since many believe this role was bestowed upon him directly by God himself since Nobuteru Ishihara is a senior member of the Sukyo Mahikari doomsday cult too.

This cult is desperately awaiting its Armageddon as it can’t fulfill its promises and mission until the Armageddon has taken place leaving only the chosen ones left to re-establish the new (Japanese) civilization.

Nobuteru Ishihara is more than familiar with his cult’s holy bible and studies it often just as his father does:  

Although sub humans eagerly seek peace and coexistence and dislike the atomic bomb, the production of fire balls in this world cannot be stopped.

God will make man produce the fireballs and bullets…

This is the End of the World.

Earth must be burnt away with the Ball of Fire in order for God to descend from Heaven…

Nobuteru Ishihara deeply ponders the holy words which now seem to be speaking to him personally as a chosen one and wonders how he might serve his God more directly in these troubled times of the Fukushima catastrophe.

When the tsunami struck on that God-ordained day it was initially considered to be a sign from God that he was unhappy with the people of Japan – a divine retribution.

“But what if that isn’t so?” Nobuteru Ishihara is thinking,

“What if God is showing us the way to the new holy civilisation as prophesised in our holy revelations?

What if this is the beginning of the promised Armageddon?

What if we simply let the divine plan unfold as God had intended?”

Although the end of the world is approaching, those who are serving with sincerity shall be forgiven.

Now convinced that they are the chosen ones who will be saved no matter what, PM Abe and his cabinet act quickly.

Firstly, they pass laws prohibiting any discussion, publication and dissemination of any news relating to the Fukushima catastrophe.

Easily done - mission accomplished - problem solved and now God’s divine plan (Armageddon) is free to plays out as God wishes.

“Oh, how blessed we are - the chosen ones.

After all, we are the most superior and benevolent race.

How God must love us to choose us to be the main players in such a long-anticipated event.

Let God choose who will live and who will die from the radiation which he allows to spew forth from the destroyed Fukushima plant for as long as he chooses.

"It is not for us to interfere” think the ruling elite as they pour over charts showing the radiation flowing forever eastward and unstoppable.

“God truly does work in mysterious ways.” 

On a deserted beach somewhere in California, USA, a lonely figure can be seen walking slowly and erratically.

He is holding and studying something in the palm of his hand.

He moves it about in a most strange way.

It’s making a strange clicking noise… 

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I stopped reading when you said "Ningen" means sub-human.

Ningen simply means "Human Being" or "Man (Humanity)". Your agenda at Demonizing the Japanese people really irritates me.

Greetings:

If I was a jerk, I might respond to that tripe like this: Your lack of comprehension really irritates me.

However, I will give you the courtesy of thinking you made an innocent mistake and reply more nicely than you.

BTW, I have no "agenda at Demonizing the Japanese people".

As you are a newbie to this thread, you obviously have not availed yourself of the quality information contained in Part One, where I carry on about my beautiful JAPANESE wife of 28 years and how much compassion I have for the Japanese people, who are subjected to being unwilling and unknowing guinea pigs in this worldwide radiation fiasco.

Garry Greenwood is quoted as saying that 'offensive piece', as any discerning reader (without an agenda) can readily see… highlighted in yellow with a page number indicating where it came from.

“Although Ningen (sub humans – that’s you and me) eagerly seek peace and coexistence and dislike the atomic bomb, the production of fire balls in this world cannot be stopped.

God will make man produce the fireballs and bullets…they (that’s you and me again) are just like radish to be grated.”
P. 188-190 revealed August 15, 1963.

Please get that chip off your shoulder and play nice…we be on your side...

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

“What are you: a Catholic, a Jew, a Muslim or a Human?

Sukyo Mahikari Goseigen

Mahikari Goseigen - a Book of Revelations

compliled by Garry Greenwood

This is a series of observations of Mahikari literature exploring the nature of a 'religion' that claims to exist for the good and welfare of mankind, yet has clear doomsday overtones. Because there is so much information this article has been compliled in mainly point form.

The English edition of Goseigen was copyrighted in 1982, to the Bishop of the North America Region of Sekai Mahikari Bunmei Kyodan (SMBK).

Goseigen, the Mahikari Bible firstly compiled by SMBK, and later printed in English, is also the same bible or book of holy revelations used by Sukyo Mahikari - the largest Mahikari faction. Goseigen (English version) is a book of 291 pages and contains 52 revelations.

All members are taught that the words contained therein are only some of the words the Creator God gave directly to former Lieutenant Colonel Yoshikazu Okada, Mahikari's founder and guru, starting around 1959, when he said he was instructed by God to use the name Kotama (Ball of Light).

Later Kotama was instructed to use another more holy name reflecting the progression of the divine plan - Seio - holy bird, or golden phoenix.

This is the same name found inside the pendant worn by all primary Mahikari members so they can 'radiate' light..

A Question:

In light of the known activities of the Aum Shinrikyo cult in striving to create its own Armageddon, some serious questions are now being asked: are the Mahikari cults also capable, working towards or hiding an agenda along the same lines as those followed by the Aum cult?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Greetings:

Dear Reader and stalwart thread participants here, we thinks you will appreciate that we will bring up the Fukushima fiasco anytime, anyplace, anywhere, including placing pertinent information in otherwise "Fukushima-free" threads, in high hopes of educating those who will listen and read - and comprehend.

We share some of that information herewith:

Fukushima and the Future of California's Biggest Cash Crop: Marijuana

Greetings:

Does anyone in authority anywhere tell the truth about Fukushima?

If there is any government or non-government authority in the world that is addressing the disaster at Fukushima openly, directly, honestly, and effectively, it’s not apparent to the outside observer what entity that might be.

"There is instead an apparent global conspiracy of authorities of all sorts to deny to the public reliably accurate, comprehensible, independently verifiable (where possible), and comprehensive information about not only the condition of the Fukushima power plant itself and its surrounding communities, but about the unceasing, uncontrolled release of radioactive debris into the air and water, creating a constantly increasing risk of growing harm to the global community."

WTF?

1,465 days. . 4 years, 4 days. . 209 weeks and 2 days. . 35,160 hours. . 2,109,600 minutes. .

Perhaps at no time in human history has it been more crucial to get involved and battle corrupt corporate interests -- the catalysts of our own self-annihilation.

Contaminated soil, undrinkable water, birth defects in both animals and humans:

This is what the people of Japan can expect from their inexplicable use of nuclear power -- “inexplicable” in that Japan is the only country to have ever been subjected to uranium’s use as a weapon of mass destruction.

Japanese novelist Haruki Murakami sums it up best:

“This time no one dropped a bomb on us .... We set the stage, we committed the crime with our own hands, we are destroying our own lands.

"What the anti-nuke movement often misses in its efforts to stop the catastrophic effects of nuclear anything is that it begins with uranium mining -- a process that is horribly dangerous to the earth, the water and the ability of future generations to survive."

Despite changing claims by corporate scientists and governments, Japan is now experiencing uncontrolled radioactive discharges at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant following the events of March 11, 2011. Chernobyl was a picnic compared to what’s happening there.

Fukushima is not Chernobyl, but far worse and clearly much more dangerous, as the spent fuel pools alone held over 600,000 fuel rods. And the danger is not just to the unfortunates living in the area - many of whom will never be able to return to their ancestral homes - but to the entire planet, every organism on our Fragile Planet Earth.

Fukushima Radiating Everyone: 'Unspeakable' Reality 'Will Impact All Of Humanity'

Exposing the "unspeakable" realities of the Japanese catastrophe in this 60 Minutes program, leading nuclear scientist Dr. Michio Kaku said radiation from Fukushima will impact of all of humanity.

The nuclear energy power industry violation of the right to health is apparent throughout the new Australian report.
"In fact, the whole world will be exposed from the radiation from Fukushima," Dr. Kaku told reporter Liz Hayes.

Just stop for a brief moment and consider the truth in that statement…

Fukushima is a three-reactor catastrophe continuing unabated now over 4 (FOUR) years 24/7/365 within 150 miles of a metropolis of 30 million people, Tokyo.

However, despite their significant differences as disasters, Chernobyl and Fukushima are both rated at 7 – a “major accident” on the International Nuclear Event Scale designed in 1990 by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

That is the highest rating on the scale, a reflection of the inherent denial that colors most official nuclear thinking. Designed by nuclear “experts” after Chernobyl, the scale can’t imagine a worse accident than Chernobyl which, for all its intensity, was effectively over as an accident in a relatively short period of time.

At Fukushima, by contrast, the initial set of events was less acute than Chernobyl, but over four years later they continue without any resolution likely soon. Additionally, Fukushima has three reactor melt-throughs and thousands of precarious fuel rod assemblies in uncertain pools, any of which could produce a new crisis that would put Fukushima clearly off the scale.

Chernobyl had one reactor, and it didn’t sit on a beach 2,500 feet from the largest body of water on earth. Fukushima involves four reactors, three of which have melted down into the bedrock.

Experts from two Japanese universities have tested the radiation levels and found that the plant, with its 4,400 tons of nuclear fuel rods, “greatly dwarfs the total size of radiation sources at Chernobyl.”

Obviously, the intentional and unintentional release of highly contaminated water from Fukushima’s core into the Pacific Ocean is a wide-open, man-made door to the “process of global radioactive contamination,” says Michel Chossudovsky, the founder of Canada’s Center for Research on Globalization.

Radioactive rainwater has been recorded up and down the West Coast of North America, California in particular. Once contamination reaches any body of water -- especially one as significant as the planet's oceans -- the process of getting into the food chain is a simple one.

Sky high radiation readings across the U.S.

U.S. air radiation surges higher

Special Radiation Station Tests - EnviroReporter.com

The same goes for cannabis.

North America’s West Coast represents the front lines in the Fukushima “invasion.”

How's that for setting the stage?

Stay tunaed.

To be continued. . .

Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
not to mention the plight of all sealife on the west coast.
the die offs are getting horrendous.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The same goes for cannabis.

North America’s West Coast represents
the front lines in the Fukushima “invasion.”

Will we always be able to grow marijuana in California soil with California rain?

The same question applies to indoor gardens, since using contaminated water in hydroponic cultivation is no guarantee of safety.

As early as 2011, only weeks after the disaster, fish caught off the California coast contained elements of nasty radioactive materials -- and though the test sample wasn’t large, every one of the fish tested was dosed with contaminants.

Interestingly, the tested fish were all born before the disaster, meaning their exposure was limited. One of the study’s experts stated that fish swimming across the Pacific Ocean ever since will have “considerably more radioactivity” and could result in a serious “public health hazard.”

He’s only discussing the present. Imagine 10, 15 or 20 years from now: These doses of alpha-, beta- and gamma-radiation emitters easily set up shop in algae, fish, grass, cattle and -- oh, yeah -- human beings.

This graphic from Woods Hole in Massachusetts – one of the world’s top ocean science institutions – shows how much more cesium was dumped into the sea off Japan from Fukushima as compared to nuclear testing and Chernobyl:

The use of these advanced technologies now directly affects mankind's ability to control its own fate and the lethal consequences on our earthly and human ecosystems are perhaps irreversible.

Or, as another astute individual observed:

"As man attempts to become God-like, we release potential forces that can, and probably will, destroy us."

We are slowly but surely losing our extraordinary capacity to make life desirable. As the nuclear fallout continues to spread worldwide, our natural resilience - our immune system - will artificially decrease, independently of our own will. These advanced technologies continue to affect not only our physical bodies, but our minds as well.

Then there’s contamination from the nuclear cloud.

For months now, “steam” has been observed erupting from the top of one of the reactors. Tepco, the corporation most directly responsible for this catastrophe, can’t explain this steam or what it contains.

(Why? Because the company’s crane is malfunctioning!) But recent reports indicate that a wealth of new radioactive materials has been spewed into the atmosphere from Fukushima, spreading globally.

Indigenous peoples around the world have always been on the front lines of environmental disasters.

Indigenous lands are the last ones containing significant untouched concentrations of the most prized resources on earth -- and corporations and governments will do anything to get at them.

"Repeatedly, indigenous leaders have warned that the planet is not a resource for exploitation. Arvol Looking Horse is the 19th-generation pipe carrier of all the bands of the Lakota, Nakota and Dakota nations in North America."

For Chief Looking Horse, the events at Fukushima -- and the generally disastrous treatment of the planet spurred by corporate greed -- is not surprising. At a recent gathering at the United Nations, he put the challenge in stark terms:

“You must decide. You can’t avoid it.

The deadly radiation spewing from the destroyed Fukushima nuclear power plant will continue to do so for thousands of years into the future and the deadly toll it’s having on the environment and humans makes one wonder why, after four years, little or nothing has been done about it, despite what little information to the contrary TEPCO chooses to share with the rest of the world.

Question: Why won’t the Japanese government seek help from the global community wherein assistance may be available instead of all the lies, obfuscation, delays and lack of any plausible rescue plan?

Nothing less than the future of humanity and Planet Earth is at stake here.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So...I was thinking...( and I know what may come to mind; did you survive? , are the emt's alright? , and did they get the fire put out .. ;-)...

We need a SOLUTION to the fuku problem ( at every level).

TO START it may be a good idea to look at Graphine.

Supposedly a sheet of Graphine let's NOTHING ( absolutely nothing ) through but steam. PURE steam.

This seems ideal for our situation; choose one of the reactor cores that people can still work around ( two seems like a good candidate ) pour sand , boron and lead into and around the entire structure ( from the basement/torus up ) to the top, then pump ALL the 'waste' coolant into it...BUt with a Graphene bonnet on it.

Get the UV of Japan to create large sheets of graphene for this purpose ( obviously have multiple redundancy ) then the heat from the melted cores powers a Filtration process that concentrates anything other than steam back at that spot and releases only pure clean steam into the environment.

As an abstract thought , since graphene has such interesting magnetic properties ( can store electrons as if in a magnetic field, without actually having a magnetic field ) , it maY BE THAT FILTERING HIGHLY RADIOGENIC materials and being constantly bombarded by highly ionizing radiation MIGHT...just sayin, might, induce electric current ( if a sheet of graphene was placed in such a way as to absorb ionizing radiation and a coil was placed so that it was opposite , or juxtapositioned from the radiation source, said coil should have inducted current ...

..we might be able to clean the core melt and generate electricity ...

at the very least we might be able to clean the radioactive discharges...if graphene doesn't get werid under high radiation
edit on 17-3-2015 by Silverlok because: l, damn all this symboligy

edit on 17-3-2015 by Silverlok because: y for god's sake or possibly saki

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
not to mention the plight of all sealife on the west coast.
the die offs are getting horrendous.

Greetings:

Thank you for your time, consideration, and participation.

Perhaps the following will be of interest:

NBC L.A., March 12, 2015 (emphasis added): “The sea lion emergency is back all along the California shore“… [Pups] are washing ashore at a rate so alarming, rescuers said Thursday, this year is the worst yet… more than 1,600 marine mammals [have been picked up].

KTLA, March 10, 2015: Stranding numbers for the months of January and February were more than 20 times the average [said NOAA].

ABC 10 News, March 14, 2015: Friday, Konnie Martinkis was burying her third sea lion… There were at least five within just more than a football field’s length that were dead… she contacted the city… but it just decomposed as more showed up… she will continue building those graves.

Coast News, March 12, 2015: [NOAA] said not to feed it [that] will only prolong the animals suffering.

KABC: Numbers are skyrocketing at alarming rates…Sunday, six sea lions were found dead…

NY Times, March 12, 2015: “It’s getting crazy,” [Wendy Leeds, animal-care expert at the Pacific Marine Mammal Center] said…

Sharon Melin, a wildlife biologist with [NOAA said] “We do expect the population to take a drop… probably a really good hit”

Michele Hunter, the center’s director of animal care, said,
“It’s very difficult to see so much death.”

Sacramento Bee, March 7, 2015: Tens of thousands of pups birthed last summer are believed to be dying on the islands… some [are] desperately trying to climb onto small boats or kayaks… Scientists noted a worrisome anomaly in 2013, when 1,171 famished pups were stranded… scientists blamed the phenomenon on unseasonably cold waters

On San Miguel… Melin said researchers believe “probably close to 10,000 are dead, and we expect more to die over coming months”the mortality rate is similar on San Nicolas.

Time: Experts at NOAA say that the culprit is rising ocean temperatures [note "unseasonably cold" ocean temps were the culprit during the record strandings in 2013]… a NOAA climate expert said that they do not believe the stranding increase is tied to climate change.

Marine Mammal Center, March 5, 2015: It’s clear these sea lions are trying to tell us something.

Their very presence here in such great numbers at this time of year is sounding an alarm up and down the coast… it signals something complex happening in our ocean… sea lions are very sensitive to their environment… alerting us to major changes in the ocean…

The scene on the Channel Islands this year is grave, worse even than what researchers saw in 2012, before the Unusual Mortality Event in 2013…

“What’s scary is that we don’t know when this will end,

says Dr. Shawn Johnson, Director of Veterinary Science at The Marine Mammal Center.

“This could be the new normal—a changed environment that we’re dealing with now.”

LA Daily News, March 13, 2015:  “By the end of January, we had as many as we did in (all of) 2013,” [Marine Mammal Care Center's David Bard] said…

“We’ve never seen anything like this with back-to-back events that are affecting the same part of the population,” Melin said.

Dr. Melin: “Based on what we are seeing… we should be bracing for a lot more animals.”

CBS Los Angeles, March 9, 2015: [California Wildlife Center’s Jeff Hall] says the event has escalated into a crisis.

“I would personally consider this a crisis,” Hall said…

The epidemic has prompted a number of volunteers to step forward, including… television personality Kat Von D [who said]

“I think there’s a lack of awareness of what’s going on in the environment.”

TV broadcasts here: NBC | KTLA | ABC | ABC | CBS

Question:
Is the ocean life dying from low levels of radiation, which scientists scoff at and say its way below harmful levels?

"The new study shows that radiation can damage larvae even at much lower concentrations. Otaki and colleagues collected leaves 16 to 20 months after the accident, after short-lived radioactive contamination had decayed, but this time from locations ranging from 59 to 1760 kilometers from the power plant; contamination levels ranged from 161 to 0.2 Bq/kg.

They found that as contamination increased, mortality rates and incidences of abnormalities increased.

"These results suggest that low-dose ingestion of approximately 100 Bq/kg may be seriously toxic to certain organisms,"

the team writes in a paper published in BMC Evolutionary Biology.
news.sciencemag.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Silverlok

Great idea!

Are these sheets cleanable and reusable or a one-time use and what is the expected change-out time?

Or bonnet burnishing expected change-out time?

Any idea as to cost and can the Japanese machine produce said item?

Sure would cut down on shipping…and the government would hopefully appreciate any solution…oh, that's right.."they don't need no foreign help…everything in cold shutdown"...

Again, Mr Silverlok, thank you for the idea.

Always a pleasure to see one of the old-timers hit one over the Green Monster. (wink)

How about you, Mr ScientificRailGun - living in Tokyo - got any ideas from the homeland (hopefully based on 'inside information') - that you might care to share with the readers?

And thank you both for all you do.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day.

edit on 18/3/2015 by thorfourwinds because: ttyyppooss

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Silverlok

interesting idea.

alpha particles are attracted to a negatively charged plate.
beta particles are attracted to a positively charged plate.
alpha particles are attracted to a negatively charged plate.
beta particles are attracted to a positively charged plate
alpha
beta
alpha
beta.

layers of graphine with alternative charge could be looked into to determine if:

1) a valid form of capture is feasible
2) take advantage of the inherent energies to create electricity if 1) stands up.

I am thinking of the common lead acid battery setup as a visualisation whether in a liquid medium of air.

I looked into the photodeactivation idea some years ago. alas after some weeks of searching, it came to a dead end.

I would say magnetism and charge have a valid place in remediation. btw gamma rays have no charge so would be unaffected by charged plates.

regards fakedirt.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I saw this and was really surprised........

CORRECTED-Japan utilities set to scrap five ageing nuclear reactors
Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:34am GMT

Tokyo Electric Power Co Inc
9501.T
¥447
-3.00-0.67%
03/18/2015

Kansai Electric Power Co Inc
9503.T
¥1,054
+0.00+0.00%
03/18/2015

Chugoku Electric Power Co Inc
9504.T
¥1,562
-2.00-0.13%
03/18/2015
(Corrects day of decommissioning announcement to Wednesday, not Thursday, in the seventh paragraph)

(Reuters) - Three ageing nuclear reactors in Japan will be decommissioned due to the high cost of upgrading them in line with tougher safety standards set after the Fukushima disaster, their operators said on Tuesday.

Another two reactors were also likely to be scrapped, local media reports said, with announcements expected later in the week.

The moves are the first concrete sign that Japan's nuclear industry is heeding a government request to shut down older reactors that are considered more vulnerable to natural disasters in the hope that it will ease public concerns about a restart of other reactors.

More at the link...

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

I saw this on NHK this evening when I woke up. First thing I thought was "Oh boy, higher electricity bills for me!" But it IS a good thing. If the reactors cannot be upgraded to the new tougher safety standards, they should be shuttered.

new topics

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join