It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question To All ATS Members...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Like many on this site I have been a member for a few years...thinking back to all of the topics covered in ATS I cannot recall reading some posts that absolutely opened my eyes to things that I was not aware of. Actual information that was or is earth shattering.

I'm wondering if there are any members who can recall coming across some information that has transformed their outlook on life? If so could you share the post or describe it?

For the most part ATS at times feels like a hamster wheel going around in circles about the same subjects or arguments.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I don't think I have a single definitive thread that was a big eye opener .I first joined because of The All Roads Lead to Rome thread .I guess there has been much gleaned from many threads for me . I just want to connect some dots .Or discard some of my old data I was hanging on to . This sounds like a good idea for a thread though S&F thanks ...peace

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
A thought provoking question if one puts the effort into it...

My journey first began in 2010 when I saw a UFO.
Not just a 'UFO', but a bonafide UFO practically saying "Hey" to me in broad day light...

I joined ATS in the search for answers, and by 2011 I'd discovered much that was not available in the 'mainstream'.
In that short period of time, mine eye's were opened - I've not been able to shut them since

I *remember* being 'gob-smacked' that my 'education' had neglected so *many* facts.
That is all the confirmation I needed.

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think!" - Adolf Hitler.

What a scary scenario...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Double post - dunno how.

*facepalm*

edit on 6-9-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I guess after being on this site for so long you get numb to all the stuff going on and nothing is a big suprise. As the other poster had mentioned, at a minimum the information was an eye opener. My thoughts are that for most people on here we or some already had a hunch that things were off in the world...

Like a junkie I"m just looking for that next big fix but I have yet to come across it...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Sure chrismarco,

This was the primary thread, but there have been others...

DARPA's In Ur Brainz, Hacking Ur Storiez.

That was from 2011, My interests were already shifting, but that thread and the discussions that I had with other concerning it and what it meant led to a very different direction in life for me.

Later, much later in terms of how fast time seems to pass, a few more threads popped up, you probably remember them...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, to be specific, my interests were strongly shifted towards Sociology, linguistics and computer science, after having my mind blown by the possibilities represented on the "Ur Brainz" thread and others on ATS.

Thanks for asking,

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I too saw a ufo in the late 90s (a metallic sphere) at close range and it caught my attention.

I looked into it over the years but mostly found rubbish until youtube. I came across ATS years ago but never joined until the recent Nick Pope AMA so I had to join in order to ask him about it.

Naturally, he answered all the remote viewing, fairy, big foot, spaghetti monster questions but, not mine. So, I took that as an answer. Really, the best answer I could hope for as it solidifies my belief that it is NOT extra-terrestrial in origin. He just couldn't comment on it as was my suspicion. Some fuzzy logic in there but hey, ya know?

I found a thread on here and posted to it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, there isn't anyone still looking at it, maybe I should open a new one.

So, I sympathize with you and I am still looking for a epiphanic fix as well.

edit on 6-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Thanks green...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Personally, I didn't really expect a transformation. What I have gotten from ATS is the one thing I needed the most, I think. Objectivity. I needed to be more open to perspectives and views other than my own. I needed to stop confirming my own bias, and start seeing possibilities I hadn't looked at before. Even if I didn't like them.

Because our society indoctrinates us, rather than educates us, as we grow up. Our critical thinking skills are weak to the point of non-existent in many cases. And since steel sharpens steel, our exchanges with one another here help to sharpen those skills if we allow them to.

So, earth shattering? Maybe not. But expedient and advantageous? Definitely.

“For things to reveal themselves to us, we need to be ready to abandon our views about them.” Thích Nhất Hạnh
edit on 9/6/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Fukushima info, as depressing as it may be

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I wouldn't say earth shattering...

IAMIAM

This former member's threads were quite.... profound

Take a look over the material he wrote while he was here

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I will give it a read...thanks folks for responding...IAMIAM is banned? Any particular reason why?
edit on 7-9-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join