It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papua New Guinea tribe meets white man for the first time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I just came across the video of an encounter with a white man and a tribe in Papua New Guinea. It is lovely to watch are worth 15 minutes of your time. The tribe are very weary of him to start with and are scared to touch him. It takes a little while to break the ice and make friends.

I wonder if we would be the same if we met an alien nation..I feel for the tribe and wondered what has become of them. We tend to destroy that which we touch in nature...

Full unedited video here..

edit on 6-9-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Not wanting to be "that guy" or anything of the sort, but this video has been posted here numerous times before. Though its a good thing to bring up every once-in-a-while, the fact that our small world is actually very big. It saddens me that these people were forever changed by this encounter. The problem is they will never be able to live in their own "small world" ever agian. All of their myths and legends will be rethought, the way they communicate will die off in favor of outside influence. And soon enough the western world will find a way to exploit these noble people, dehumanizing them with their beliefs and values. In my eyes this is "innocence lost"...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Ah purplemer,

That video is very controversial amongst anthropologists, especially in France. It is considered that if it is not an outright fake, that it is at least disingenuous, in the sense that this tribe, the Toulambis, lived about 4 days walk from western medical treatment, had been trading for metal tools for fifty years, and had removed all of the plastic European 'barter-swag' from their outfits before the prearranged encounter.

For instance, the Toulambis have an entirely different reaction to the cameraman, don't they?

edit on 6-9-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Why did I find myself wishing this was Found Footage and those poor explorers were used as fertilizer for some sacred plant?
edit on 6-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Why did I find myself wishing this was Found Footage and those poor white explorers were used as fertilizer for some sacred plant?

Why are pointing out the fact that they're White? What if they were black or Asian?

BOT:
If this is legit just leave them alone, please.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Originally posted by abeverage
Why did I find myself wishing this was Found Footage and those poor white explorers were used as fertilizer for some sacred plant?

Why are pointing out the fact that they're White? What if they were black or Asian?

BOT:
If this is legit just leave them alone, please.

There you go I changed it to be more politically correct with you. I identified them as white cause...um there ARE! But had they been anything else I would have said the same they should have left the tribe alone is what I meant.

p.s. I believe this was taken in 1976...
edit on 6-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I agree with saltedslug, I have seen this ages ago also, and I wonder if that is how it would be if we had confirmation of life from some other spacial world,,,, the loss of all our myths and historical suppositions that we have accepted...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Just like aliens would I bet they are thinking...I wonder what white meat taste like...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This ends up touching on a very sensitive subject. It seemed easier to talk about when I was a young boy in school. The term "Chiefing" has an entirely different connotation than it did just 20 some-odd years ago...

www.urbandictionary.com...

Here is what it means...

www.pbs.org...

It's a difficult subject to talk about, but I am convinced that we are seeing a variation of "Chiefing" in the video provided by the OP.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop

I agree with saltedslug, I have seen this ages ago also, and I wonder if that is how it would be if we had confirmation of life from some other spacial world,,,, the loss of all our myths and historical suppositions that we have accepted...

When an advanced society meets a more primitive society the outcome is often devastating to the latter. I wonder if that is why we do not have disclosure yet.

top topics

join