It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are The Others That God Refers To Concerning Our Creation? Just Curious......

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by FlyersFan

According to Genesis 1:26-27, it states, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,’ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him….

The sentence answers itself.
GOd created Man in His OWN image.
The 'our' has to be God ... God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
One God ... Three Divine Persons (aspects) .... eternal .. without beginning or end.

I may be wrong here, not being a scholar of the bible, but considering that this is verse 26 of the first chapter of the bible, does it actually mention God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit in the previous 25 verses? I haven't got a bible, so I can't look it up....

Just curious.....

I don't understand your confusion.
It is really very simple.

1 always equals 1.
Except in the bible where 1 can equal 3.....

Sheeeesh.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by borntowatch
Funny how its a biblical question and the OP asked people not to use scripture to explain scripture.
Funny how so many start talking weird stuff about what the "US" in the bible is, from outside biblical sources.

The Trinity is the Christian answer to "US" in the book of Genesis. The Jews have a hard time explaining it themselves.
Humanity was created perfect without sin, sin enters the world and with sin came death. Death for children, babys, all life.
Jesus sacrifice restored the pre sin state of humanity (free gift that needs to be recieved) and will be rectified upon Christ's return

The Apostle Paul understood that all things were made in Christ and through Christ. So what does "us" mean? It means the trinity and/or Christ and other high ranking beings made by Christ like say the archangels known as "thrones".

and you have evidence foe this I take it, these high ranking beings, thrones

They exist in scripture. For example the God of the Burning Bush turned over control and watchership to one of the arch angels. This angel then appears to the whole nation at some point after that and spoke to them. This being is encountered a number of times in the old testament and a few times in the gospels. And that is just one example.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Might not make sense to a non-believer I have to admit. To a believer though, it's surprisingly simple: The Trinity, the Godhead. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. The three facets to who God Is. I know you asked to not be riddled with verses, so I will leave you with a paraphrase: Jesus is said to be the Word, and when God created the world, the Word was with God and the Word was God.
Even knowing of he 3 aspects of God, it still trips me out. There is only 1 God, but 3 facets to Him? Blows my mind.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

It reads more as if these folks "talking w/God"(Adonai) are actually channeling the EloHim/Ra groups...

This subject was quite stimulating to type the least, |AM picturing all the differing views at the Temple Mount, all arguing and NOT allowing the "other Guy" whatever He/She thinks... |'m awaiting the part where Jesus, Judas (Jesus' bff) Mary Magdalene all trip around w/Siddhartha Gautama... The Tao would tell us that the One who KNOWS does not talk (type) and the One who types does NOT know... Imagine written at least 500 years before Jesus' first low-bid in J'Salem? It reads the same and isn't as "sullied" as the "Rule Book" dropped off at every flea bag dump on the freeway, but the 'key' is in the very first verse, "The Tao that can be told is NOT the eternal Tao" so,sew, whats that mean? You won't find Your answer here. It is ALREADY in YOU!... That is 'The Game'... For You to discover the Christ Consciousness that is inside of each of Us, that is/are actually One.

You are 'The Church' but "TheChurch™" wrecked it by twisting the words around... | tried to point that out 'bout page #3. This was also part of Jesus 'mission' (Why go to a Church/Temple/Synagogue when You are those things? ) This part was left out by the "powers that be" (remember Moishe.. Moses turned in 2 slabs when there was 3 slabs and a written scroll) But don't blindly believe Me, SEE for YourSelf...

You've 'lived' before (Akashic Records) but this time (when You die) You'll be given a choice (49 'days' to decide) do You go on or do You go back to the hopper? How fun would poker be if You knew Your hand, the next cards dealt and everybody else's hand? "as above, so below"...

| see only a few caught You casting...

EDIT: That isn't to mean You have 49 days left to 'Live'... That is after You have lived. But then we'd be typing about the whole time/space continuum and that would take up 2 or 3 pages...

Learn, Teach and Have Fun... "worrying" is a major cause of Alzheimers (dehydration, lack of negative ions) so "Don't Worry"....
edit on 09/03/2013 by LewisStulePhD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JackSparrow17

To a child, the story of Santa claus is simple, he comes from the North Pole and every Christmas Eve he slides down the chimney and deliver presents to all the children thats been good (duh!)...see the connection??

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
His homeboys.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
according to historians, when they jews moved into canaan, they took the god el, which was the chief god of the canaanites, as their tribal god. the jews were polytheistic at this time, recognizing that there was more than one god. this is what is portrayed in genesis. the multitude of gods coming together under direction of el, the chief god (think zeus). however, they chose to worship only el, and over time decided that all the other gods were false, and that el was the only god.

another good question would be where is the female force.

you have a father, a son, and a nebulous other. no mother anywhere in the picture. were women so looked down on that the female aspect had to be turned into a sexless energy?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
please explain the following if bible prophesies are 100% true. btw, this is just the top of fail bible prophesy.

Destruction of Egypt
Egypt. What a desolate wasteland

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast out of thee. And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the LORD: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it. Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years. And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.[5]

This passage is one of the most erroneous in the entire Bible. Egypt has never been a desolate waste, there has never been a time when people have not walked through it, there has never been a period of forty years when Egypt was uninhabited, and it has never been surrounded by other desolate countries.[6]

In Ezekiel 30:10-11 he further predicts that Nebuchadnezzar will destroy Egypt:

This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will put an end to the hordes of Egypt by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. He and his army—the most ruthless of nations— will be brought in to destroy the land. They will draw their swords against Egypt and fill the land with the slain. (NIV)

However, Nebuchadnezzar was defeated in his only attempt to invade Egypt.[7]
[edit] Nile will dry up
Yep, still there

Ezekiel 30:12 continues with a prediction that the Nile River will run dry.

I will dry up the streams of the Nile and sell the land to evil men; by the hand of foreigners I will lay waste the land and everything in it. I the LORD have spoken. (NIV)

There is no evidence that this has happened in recorded history.

rationalwiki.org...
edit on 9-9-2013 by stormson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stormson

stormson

rationalwiki.org...

There is also no evidence that "RationalWiki" has ANY credibility whatsoever...

In FACT, they have just about as much credibility as the National Enquirer does...

If you want to believe the propaganda knock yourself out.

I choose not to....

"We all know that RationalWiki is a liberal propaganda site..." Link

"a horrible piece of establishment propaganda... littered with false statements and ad hominem. I imagine that the whole of the wiki is a collection of gatekeepers for consensus science and PTB doctrine...." www.fmotl.com...

"...anyone can anonymously write whatever they want (but correction of the tripe written will be considered “vandalism”!) RationalWiki is one of those sites. RationalWiki is a project of Trent Toulouse, who has the stated objective of “exposing conspiracy theories”. He once implied that he considers a conspiracy theory everything that disagrees with mainstream dogma, making RationalWiki a platform for anyone with an agenda to attack researchers struggling to bring important facts to public attention." owndoc.com...

edit on 9-9-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Hi Dave

I'm not going to read thru the BS stances of everyone else when I actually have a genuine answer for you.

The people at The Chronicle Project have been translating the original hebrew bible WITHOUT BIAS and WITHOUT INSERTING ANY OF THEIR OWN EMOTION. Basically it's a RAW translation using a 'Self-Defining Language System' discovered within the original hebrew language. You could even call it 'God's translating hebrew for dummies' system.

Here is their full translation of some of Genesis along with all the hebrew glyphs and their meanings, and accompanied by their paraphrased english to better understand the raw translation.

Basically, it states that their was a group called 'The Originators' who were tasked with terraforming Planet Earth AND CREATING US. Then there is 'God', their commander, their leader, called 'Ruler of All'.

They've translated all of this from the raw hebrew, and they present all of their findings completely unbiased. They are jewish so the mistranslations they have found have both clarified certain wrong translations and also shook the foundation of some of their beliefs.

Have a read, it's all free, be sure to read the accompanying notes as they flesh out more of their discoveries.
edit on 9-9-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Murgatroid
reply to post by stormson

stormson

rationalwiki.org...

There is also no evidence that "RationalWiki" has ANY credibility whatsoever...

In FACT, they have just about as much credibility as the National Enquirer does...

If you want to believe the propaganda knock yourself out.

I choose not to....

"We all know that RationalWiki is a liberal propaganda site..." Link

"a horrible piece of establishment propaganda... littered with false statements and ad hominem. I imagine that the whole of the wiki is a collection of gatekeepers for consensus science and PTB doctrine...." www.fmotl.com...

"...anyone can anonymously write whatever they want (but correction of the tripe written will be considered “vandalism”!) RationalWiki is one of those sites. RationalWiki is a project of Trent Toulouse, who has the stated objective of “exposing conspiracy theories”. He once implied that he considers a conspiracy theory everything that disagrees with mainstream dogma, making RationalWiki a platform for anyone with an agenda to attack researchers struggling to bring important facts to public attention." owndoc.com...

edit on 9-9-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

fail.

you bash the link, but not the info it contains. just the part i posted shows that bible prophesies are hit or miss.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

The trinity is a human concept, and that word doesnt exists even in the Bible. That word appear around 553 if i remember and even Jesus never used that term...

If the Bible was the word of God, it will contains not any mistake and the problem, that there are a lot, lot of errors, mistakes .

My opinion:The Bible is not from God or have been altered by the human hand through the ages.

Conclusion, nobody answers the initial question and i cant too beacause i dont know the english term for this, but in latin it's plurial majestatis.

I apologize for my bad english.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Nobody knows who the "We" is that God refers to in Genesis because there are no scriptures that elaborate.

We can only speculate. I would say that because God had previously created the host of heaven, he was talking to them.

On the babies born with 1 arm etc...

We were originally created perfect. We were also created with free will and this was unfortunately used to choose sin, even though we were told ahead of time that the consequences would be multi-generational.

So we live in a corrupted world, passing on corrupted DNA on to our children.

I find it rather sad that people seem to think that if we don't observe something right now then it never existed. Take human lifetimes for example. Nobody can explain why we live for as long as we do, yet people are quick to boldly state that the scriptures are a fable because they state that early people lived for hundreds of years.

It is a fundamental law of our universe that things become more corrupt and chaotic over time. Our very DNA degrades with each generation. It actually makes perfect sense that lifetimes become progressively shorter as chronicled in the Hebrew scriptures.
edit on 10-9-2013 by UnderGetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I never said the stories weren't based on some kind of fact. But seen as though they never happened to me, or anyone i know, they are stories. Factual or otherwise.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Oh! Okay! So when, in what period of time did the Nile dry up and Egypt went desolate and uninhabited? When did that happen? Why doesn't the Bible record it?

One would think that something like that, an event greater than the plagues of Moses, ruining an entire civilization, would be recorded and Yahweh credited with such a victory!

So......we'll be waiting for your confirmation of proof!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

FlyersFan

According to Genesis 1:26-27, it states, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,’ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him….

The sentence answers itself.
GOd created Man in His OWN image.
The 'our' has to be God ... God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
One God ... Three Divine Persons (aspects) .... eternal .. without beginning or end.

I believe in something.. I don't know exactly what I believe but I do believe in god... Is it because I truly believe or I fear of damnation, I really don't know. I've tried to answer this myself.

Can I honestly say something does exist? No, but I try so hard to believe and convince myself.

With that being said. I am Catholic and I grew up with a family who believes it and thus taught it. I would think as well that when god said in "our" image, he did mean the 3 forms of god.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Revelation 4
New International Version (NIV)

The Throne in Heaven
4 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” 2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3 And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and ruby. A rainbow that shone like an emerald encircled the throne. 4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. In front of the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits[a] of God. 6 Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

probably these guys it refers to in rev. crack a bible and do a little reading..

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

windword
One would think that something like that, an event greater than the plagues of Moses, ruining an entire civilization, would be recorded and Yahweh credited with such a victory!

Some questions that might actually benefit those seeking the truth...

Why do you believe what "history" is telling you while at the same time doubt everything God is saying?

You can spend your entire LIFE questioning God...

Until you wake up to the FACT that history is being written by men that HATE God with a passion, NOTHING is going to make a lick of sense.

The art of propaganda through falsification of history has been around for most of recorded history. This mind control technique was used successfully by ancient Egyptian historians

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

"It was also illegal to record any history in Egypt that made the Pharaoh look bad. That is why they did not record the God of the slaves whooping their butts. If any scribe did that, he probably would have been killed. As an Atheist friend of mine who loved Egypt told me, Egyptian history was basically propaganda." Source

The Illuminati realized they had to deceive an entire population of people if they had any hope whatsoever of achieving their coveted New World Order. As early as 1911, the Illuminati began buying textbook writing companies, until they owned them all after World War I. Once they got control of textbooks, they gradually began to "dumb down" the curricula and rewrite history. Rewriting history was the first step in achieving the New World Order. Source

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Okay, so you're saying that historians are lying about history, and that the Nile actually did dry up, and Egypt went uninhabited for years, just to cover up that the prophecy was true?!

You boast of all these prophesies that came to pass, why weren't the prophecies of the Cyrus, The Messiah, also covered up? Why were't they all covered up?

If it's true that historians and religious communities alike, are teaching lies, then why should we believe anything the Bible says? It's all been written and edited by men.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Danko
reply to post by LittleByLittle

The trinity is a human concept, and that word doesnt exists even in the Bible. That word appear around 553 if i remember and even Jesus never used that term...

If the Bible was the word of God, it will contains not any mistake and the problem, that there are a lot, lot of errors, mistakes .

My opinion:The Bible is not from God or have been altered by the human hand through the ages.

The word Trinity is not a human concept but rather a matter of logical deduction. And whats more it really was never intended to produce a total understanding of the relationship between the Father, Son and Spirit. We see all three independently operational and together on any number of occasions in scripture.

As far as the Bible being altered we do have some problems. Because we can only compare manuscripts to find alterations then all we really know is that some, few, of certain translations are different. That's really all we can say because to make your total case we would have to have original documents. Like the actual edition of Jeremiahs scribal recordings of Jeremiahs words.

As far as copies that were made and recopied over the years......how would you like to be the scribe that got caught changing the original text in your copy? You would be tossed out and your mess destroyed. All copies were checked and this procedure wasn't taken lightly. As it is you have copied texted that are hundreds of years apart in age with not so much as a punctuation error.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join