It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are The Others That God Refers To Concerning Our Creation? Just Curious......

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by greavsie1971

I wish I could put a bet on how many post it takes before someone comes and totally ridicules others beliefs. If you dont like it why do you feel you have to slam others beliefs. What are your beliefs then? Its easy to slam others beliefs. Although most choose to show more respect and maturity.

I don't hear many of you religious types speaking up in defence of people who might believe something other than yourselves...how many times have you defended the beliefs of someone who says 'Jesus was part of an ET force'? or defended agnostics or athiests?

1, 10, 100 times?

I'd say it's certainly MUCH more likely you and those of your ilk would be the attackers of such people...frankly, i feel hypocrisy is fairly oozing from your reply.

Main stream religions, despite increasingly dwindling numbers of 'believers', still command millions of people worldwide...i'd say that qualifies them as big enough to be able to justify their own belief to those who question what they preach, if they choose to.

If you don't like people questioning your belief, i'd advise against posting those beliefs as written as facts on a public forum if YOU don't like dissent.

A belief isn't a fact, it's a point of view, an opinion, a choice.

I don't respect religion..religion is simply a collection of people who share similar beliefs...and since belief is NOT fact, it is basically organised gullibility...and i don't respect the gullible among us, and i certainly don't respect people who continually seek to increase the numbers of the gullible for their own selfish purposes.

Maturity?

Now, you're making me chuckle...thanks for that, it really tickled me.
AHHHHH Me thinks you have hit the nail on the head.
Bible = Original Brainwashing Of The Multitude.
Just my Opinion

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

John 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

God made another one of himself, called the Word, which is the son of God, the only begotten of God.
Being the "same" with God means he has the power to create.
This is who God is talking to in the beginning.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

My understanding of this conversation he was having,was that he was talking to the angels that are up there with him.So when he refers to the our and us kinda thing,he is talking and himself and his angels.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by honested3
reply to post by davethebear

Yes what you said about the Bible being difficult to read is true. It is full of much ambiguity and open interpretation, but what you will find though is that the important parts of the Bible are pretty straightforward. In fact the majority of the Bible can be summarized as that we are all sinners and need God's forgiveness. The straightforward answers come from realizing that Jesus paid that price and we are forgiven through Him if we accept Him. No rituals, no works, no complex daily routine etc. This is where you will then find it becomes complicated and ambiguous because people get their fingers in it, different denominations and even new religions are formed, because we cannot accept something so simple as Jesus' free gift of salvation.

So a good question to ask you is this; If the Bible in all of its ambiguity had one simple straightforward truth in it, so simple to the point that it may be too simple to understand, could you understand it? That simple truth is Jesus sacrifice. Now the rest of the Bible generally falls into place and makes sense when you focus on the simple truth, focus on Jesus teachings etc, because then you will understand the heart of Christ and it all makes sense.

Personally I feel that is why the Bible is so difficult for some, is they read the stuff that will not make sense, without first learning the simple truth. The Bible even says it will not make sense to those who do not know God. Its like going to math class without the equal sign, nothing will make sense. In fact I do believe there are open ended interpretations about the Bible, things what do not affect doctrine. Where there is no argument (or should be no argument) is in the true doctrine of Jesus sacrifice and our need for Him. I believe homosexuality is not a sin, I believe the Nephilim were real and that God did not kill innocent humans but half breeds. I believe that humans walked with dinosaurs at some point. The Bible has no true black and white answer about this, but only grey areas. Does it affect doctrine to believe one or the other? Not really. So that's how it should be viewed, we should all agree on the doctrine of Christ, and follow His teachings, the rest can be personal choice. We just have to understand that it should not contradict or oppose the doctrine Jesus laid out for us.

So there you have proof everyone, a Christian admitting the Bible is open to interpretation in some parts. Edit: also there is no shame in asking questions, I will try and answer them for you, I appreciate you asking these questions and being respectful about it. Don't let the other folks here who are offended by you asking questions get you down.
edit on 9/6/13 by honested3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/6/13 by honested3 because: grammar and comments

So what you are saying is that only parts of the Bible are Important.
Then why didn't God just do a condensed Version of the Book ?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
God is represented in three ways.

1. God the Father - the will
2. God the Son - the word
3. God the Spirit - the power

It strikes me more like this:

1. God the Father - Like it says on the tin, 'Father'.
2. God the Son - Again, like it says on the tin, 'Son'.
3. God the Spirit - Well, what connects Father and Son? Mother, of course!

That's the trinity as far as i'm concerned. Might seem simplistic, but then again, a male and female getting it on and producing a brand new person... nothing more Spiritual than that!

ETA: Just realised that your interpretation is actually not unlike mine, since it's always the wives that really have the 'Power'...

edit on 7-9-2013 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Since Noah has been mentioned. How about the following verses concerning the promises to Noah and his children. God regrets killing all life, and promises not to do it, again. Man is given the world and all that is in it for man's use. Now, those few verses tend to contradict the remaining Bible, Old and New Testament. No list of orders, commandments, just one apparent directive, to establish courts of justice.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Overall though, the answer has to be a resounding "I don't know." I don't know why God does the things He does....Neither did Job. We just have to trust that He knows what He's doing.

How can a servant question the actions of his master?

I don't know about the rest of the world as a whole but I would prefer not to be a Slave myself.
This sounds to me a lot like Slavery.
So all you Christians out there Keep the Good Book at Hand and Read on.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I am not a religious person, but I have two questions regarding something I looked up today on the internet about man apparently being made in Gods own image…

According to Genesis 1:26-27, it states, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,’ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him….

Now who does the US and OUR, in the sentence refer to? If God was supposedly the creator of everything, on his own, who are the others in reference to the word US and OUR? I am a little confused as to why God would use the plural rather than the singular…

My second question relates again to God making man in his own image…

If God is the creator of all mankind, then why doesn't he give us all a fair chance from the start off? If his creation of everything, including mankind is perfect, then why are some people born with limbs missing, serious health conditions, and some children even dead before, during, and after birth?

Wouldn't it be fair to give all mankind an even start?

If you are going to give any response to this thread, please don’t bombard me with trillions of verses from the bible. Explaining in YOUR own words should be enough to answer two pretty simple questions I think….

Cheers The best answer anyone can give you is that, No one knows! until we die anyways.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
back in Genesis time... God ...AKA: EL (plural) made the Adamic line of humans, Adam-Eve

the 'El' or Elohim... made Man in 'our image'...but i think not so much in the aspects of Father-Son-Holy Ghost

El fashioned Adam+Eve on the 'Son' and 'Angels', not on the 3 aspect Godhead
see for yourself, it is in scripture that God made Man a little lower than Angels...

so God made man based on 1/3 of Gods (the WORD that became Flesh) attributes
and 1/3 of Angel attributes
and 1/3 of human-animal attributes

when Adam+Eve got evicted from Eden, thats when things like diseases, and birth defects became a regular occurrance in man, also called 'the fall from grace'

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Good thread....the first pages of confused non-believers were tuff to read....but then some great posts explained the thread title well.....but this....

Overall, when thinking about man's reality and why we're here....or where are we, and who are we....one has to grasp this one truth. It's the reason the stories of the beginning of time in most religions do not address "the beginning of time".
Aliens are not the answer to who created us, the answer has to be supernatural....magic. It has to be right out there beyond us....where our minds "short-circuit"....meaning the answer has to allow for the creator to be supernatural, and not aliens altering our dna....
or annuki or the two brothers born in a seed pod in a tree....or a wife for the creator....etc.
or a mother of God

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The most commonly used name for God in the bible is Elohim. This is a plural word. It is actually the masculine plural for a feminine term, Eloah, interestingly. Anyways, Elohim is used in Genesis 1, so 'let us make...in our image' is keeping with that. Interpretation varies...common occult/esoteric interpretation says elohim refers to the various creative powers of God...as seen in this thread, Christians often say it refers to the trinity.
edit on 7-9-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I thought of that....but then how can "The son" be part of creation, when Jesus did not exist yet?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I am not a religious person, but I have two questions regarding something I looked up today on the internet about man apparently being made in Gods own image…

According to Genesis 1:26-27, it states, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,’ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him….

Now who does the US and OUR, in the sentence refer to? If God was supposedly the creator of everything, on his own, who are the others in reference to the word US and OUR? I am a little confused as to why God would use the plural rather than the singular…

My second question relates again to God making man in his own image…

If God is the creator of all mankind, then why doesn't he give us all a fair chance from the start off? If his creation of everything, including mankind is perfect, then why are some people born with limbs missing, serious health conditions, and some children even dead before, during, and after birth?

Wouldn't it be fair to give all mankind an even start?

If you are going to give any response to this thread, please don’t bombard me with trillions of verses from the bible. Explaining in YOUR own words should be enough to answer two pretty simple questions I think….

Cheers

If God created us in his own image then does that not suggest he was a man? everything in relation to god is man made. Our true god is the sun, we cant live without it.. it gives and sustains life. The true ruler is the Universe. If you want other gods then you look to the solar system just as they did in ancient times. Jupiter and Saturn protect the Earth from space. The answers are all up there.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I recommend going to the original ancient Hebrew and look at the translations being done today (bypassing the corrupted pop culture medieval translations we have) if you want the authentic mythos.
It actually makes a bit more sense (albeit a bit alien / spacey). the whole multiple god thing comes out more like a council, like a federation of advanced beings.

As far as todays nonsense corruption that is called the bible, well, there is no clear answer (as it is indeed nonsense), so you gotta rely on interpretations by self proclaimed "experts". In which case, the us refers to Dad god, Son god, and holy spirit which nobody understands in any tangable sense.

Also, the sons of god has been interpreted to mean fallen angels..again, not because it says that, but because it makes no sense, so "experts" said so...after all, reading word for word is clearly not an option, our stupid monkey brains will try to make sense of sentences and what they say, this is a flaw. you need to be wearing the right robes in order to say it.

But yeah, for an actual coherent story, read the work being done on the ancient Hebrew to English.
Or
Just read up on the mythos of ancient Sumerian religion considering everything in the OT is simply a direct ripoff of their stories.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by FlyersFan

I thought of that....but then how can "The son" be part of creation, when Jesus did not exist yet?

Jesus is the son...the son isn't (necessarily) Jesus...

Sort of a recrangle is, necessarily, a square, but a square isn't necessarily a rectangle type of thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horus12
If God created us in his own image then does that not suggest he was a man? everything in relation to god is man made. Our true god is the sun, we cant live without it.. it gives and sustains life. The true ruler is the Universe. If you want other gods then you look to the solar system just as they did in ancient times. Jupiter and Saturn protect the Earth from space. The answers are all up there.

That's the problem with leaving things open for interpretation
own image may mean God looks like George Burns (might be showing my age there), or it might mean having a face. Might mean DNA, or opposable thumbs, it could mean anything you can think of and then some...so, ultimately, when something is left so wide open for interpretation, then it is ultimately meaningless (as anyone can twist it to mean what they want to mean).
The god of the new reworded bible is very elusive in details.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

Originally posted by MrConspiracy
Don't take the bible as everything.... the Bible, to me, is just a book of stories

FAR too many people have had supernatural encounters with God involving Bibles for it to be just a book of stories.

My own supernatural encounter involving a Bible is just one of many.

Personal experience ALWAYS trumps simple theories.

Below are some others with similar experiences:

In the summer of 1974, when I was eight years old, I went into my bedroom after school one day to read my daily assignment in the Bible. I wanted to hurry up and finish reading the four chapters of the Gospel of John that I was to read that day, so I could get back out and play with my friends.

I lay down on the bed with my Bible in my hands. As soon as my head touched the pillow, however, the Bible, the bed, my room, and even my body disappeared! I had no warning.

All I knew that afternoon in 1974 was that suddenly I was flying through the heavenlies at an unbelievable speed. I passed many things in the first heaven, then zoomed through the second heaven, and landed outside of the biggest gate I had ever seen—or have ever seen since.

All I can say is that it was very wide, very tall and had no cut or blemish in it. This gate was made of one solid pearl, one immense glossy, glowing white pearl, and the edges were carved with a design. It was the biggest gate I had ever seen in my life. Its presence gave forth not an aura—but its own glow—its own life. I shook myself to see if I were dreaming. It had all happened so fast. But I decided it was real when I heard a voice speaking to me. A man said, "This is one of the gates." I turned around, and there stood Jesus Christ in all His glory!

Caught Up to Heaven

Yeshua began His answer: "If you had read My Book you would have known all the answers."

"In fact, everything that My children need to know about how God thinks and works and judges and rewards, either before or after the Cross, is already in My Book. That is why I commanded mankind to ‘engrave My Words upon their hearts,’ and to pass them along from generation to generation. I wanted everyone to hear and know just Who I AM, the Messiah, their one hope of Salvation, their Most High God."

Dr. Richard Eby dies, visits heaven, and returns with a startling message

Ian Clayton, an ex-sorcerer also had a supernatural encounter:

At age 12, his growing awareness of God led him to the Bible and he started reading it from the beginning. Halfway through Deuteronomy he decided that it was full of rules and regulations and didn’t want anything to do with it. Just as he shut the Bible he heard a voice say, “Put your hand on top of the table and pick the table up.” Ian put his hand flat on the table top and it rose, sideways off the floor. “It was an amazing power rush,” Ian explained. “Suddenly, I walked in power.”

Excerpt from Shifting Shadows of Supernatural Power

Praying all night in the mosque, he asked God to help him. Suddenly he felt drops of oil falling on him and even smelled its fragrance, he says. He claims another time he heard an audible voice telling him to read a Bible—an abomination to a Muslim. “We would not touch a modern-day Bible,” he says. “This voice immediately put a desire in my heart. It is so vivid, so clear, so overwhelming. Still today, I could not forget that voice.”

Why Revival is Exploding Among Muslims

Steven Brooks in Alabama heard an audible voice speak while reading a Bible:

"At that time of the day, nobody was at the house. My family, my brothers plus my grandmother, they had all gone somewhere else, up the hill to do something. And I was spending time in one of the rooms of the house, alone, just reading my Bible, and after a while, I just laid out on the floor and was praying, and kind of reading the Bible, and I heard a voice speak to me, it sounded like a male voice, it was audible, and it said "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you."

Working With Angels

There are also a couple of people here on ATS who have had similar experiences:

Originally posted by Rustami
thanks for reminding me of what I consider an important detail - He spoke at the exact moment I began to open a Gideon New Testament, which I think was "written" in the 80's?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So ...the relevant phrase is "...in our image..." I postulate that 'Our' means either a pantheon of Gods or creatures with advanced genetic engineering skills. If God is the universe or larger or formless or timeless or pure energy or spirit or the Trinity...it wouldn't make sense for him/her to look exactly like us. God looks exactly like us? I don't buy it. But if it is Gods or Creatures or some other types of being, then it makes sense. Did not the Greek Gods look like us? The creatures that made us looked like us. Aliens, perhaps! Or ...the second hypothesis I get from that three word phrase is...it's all crap and early humans couldn't comprehend a God that did not look like us. We made Genesis..or the Sumerian texts up. It was just a superstition that we made up...that we invented. The early Biblicans (My word for those that created the bible) took the best creation stories that they could find and borrowed them for the word of god. They also found an intriguing rebel commander named Luke Sky.. I mean Jesus and changed his life and death to suite the need of the early Christians and made him a martyr and God. Anu is not happy.
edit on 7-9-2013 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesman1955
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Overall though, the answer has to be a resounding "I don't know." I don't know why God does the things He does....Neither did Job. We just have to trust that He knows what He's doing.

How can a servant question the actions of his master?

I don't know about the rest of the world as a whole but I would prefer not to be a Slave myself.
This sounds to me a lot like Slavery.
So all you Christians out there Keep the Good Book at Hand and Read on.

Did you know a lot of slaves actually volunteered to do so? They couldn't afford the things they needed and so they offered their services in exchange for help with necessities....

However, my own personal dedication differs from volunteered slavery in that the work I do is not demanded, but rather what I want to do.

Only the Truth can set you free.

A2D

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Your reference to god being referred to as the father , son and holy ghost is accurate for the new testament, but in the old testament there was only god.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join