It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are The Others That God Refers To Concerning Our Creation? Just Curious......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Funny how its a biblical question and the OP asked people not to use scripture to explain scripture.
Funny how so many start talking weird stuff about what the "US" in the bible is, from outside biblical sources.

The Trinity is the Christian answer to "US" in the book of Genesis. The Jews have a hard time explaining it themselves.
Humanity was created perfect without sin, sin enters the world and with sin came death. Death for children, babys, all life.
Jesus sacrifice restored the pre sin state of humanity (free gift that needs to be recieved) and will be rectified upon Christ's return

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I thoroughly agree with the above post by BornToWatch.

edit on 6-9-2013 by LABTECH767 because: Inappropriate reasoning

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

The bible does not say the earth was flat.

The people that wrote it said that.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by greavsie1971

The bible does not say the earth was flat.

The people that wrote it said that.

You know a lot of people back when it was written thought the earth was flat
Go figure

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
the people that wrote the bible said everything that is contained in the bible. None of the words miraculously appeared on the scroll.
There are so many different explanations and answers to the question the OP asked. They cannot all be correct. This exposes us to the possiblity that if one transaltion is flawed then all translation could be flawed. Many people explained about GOD the father, the son and the spriit. How can you have a Father and a son without a mother???
The simpliest explanation is always (most times) the truth. If the word OUR and US is used by the storytellers it means that there was more than one individual present, unless the individual using the word suffers from schizophrenia.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Maybe god was psychotic and had multiple personality disorder?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by feanor411

The trinity is NOT a Hebrew concept. The early Hebrews were pantheonistic, believing in may "gods"

There is NO trinity in the Old Testament. The very name of God is 4 letters, not 3, YHWH. The concept of the trinity comes from pagan religions such as the Egyptian triad of Isis, Serapis and Horus. www.heraldmag.org...

none of that stuff you mention is valid.. none of it is in the bi-bull.. and therefore isn't in the supreme book. all other books pale in comparison and none equal it.

SO, that other stuff people called religions..pfft.. just fables and myths,, they didn't have the bible you see!

--Christian mentality

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

You know a lot of people back when it was written thought the earth was flat
Go figure

Not sure your meaning. The government (the king and the church) wrote the bible. I think most people didn't believe the world was flat then either. If one challenged it one risked certain slow death for Heresy.

Anybody can hold up a melon in firelight and see the truth.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Now who does the US and OUR, in the sentence refer to? If God was supposedly the creator of everything, on his own, who are the others in reference to the word US and OUR? I am a little confused as to why God would use the plural rather than the singular…

I'm not quite certain, although I maintain two possibilities....

1st Poss:
Consider: Deuteronomy 6 verse 4, 'Hear O Israel the Lord our God is One....' but the word One is Hebrew is not numerical quantity. The word One means Unity. Remember Jesus said a man will leave his father and his mother and cleave unto his wife and they become one flesh - well it's still two people.

Conclusion: Speaking of the Godhead (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)

2nd Poss:
Consider: Conscious universe. Perhaps God was saying "Let Us, (Myself and this Universe I have created) create man" The "image" could be a similar term for "essence". Meaning we were created with the essence of God and of the cosmos....or of the same "materials" (spirit and matter, God is spirit, Universe is matter)

Conclusion: Speaking of Himself and the Cosmos.

If God is the creator of all mankind, then why doesn't he give us all a fair chance from the start off? If his creation of everything, including mankind is perfect, then why are some people born with limbs missing, serious health conditions, and some children even dead before, during, and after birth?

Difficult question. Although, we did have a fair chance from the beginning...and we ruined it....and if you say "It's not right to be held accountable for their actions"...I can almost guarantee most, if not all of us, would have done the same thing. However, we were also granted a cure for the problems caused by our disobedience...

Overall though, the answer has to be a resounding "I don't know." I don't know why God does the things He does....Neither did Job. We just have to trust that He knows what He's doing.

How can a servant question the actions of his master?

A2D
edit on 6-9-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I believe that God and Satan were both around at the time of our creation, God was in genesis 1, then Satan appeared as Lord God in genesis 2.

It was God in genesis 1 that created us in their likeness, and since God and Satan are spiritual beings I believe that we too were originally created as spiritual beings,

But in genesis 2 it was the Lord God (whom i believe is satan) that created us from the dust of the earth. How can we be created again if we had already been created?

I believe its in chapter 2 that Satan traps our souls into bodies that can die, although our souls never do.

This is just my opinion, and i hope it makes sense,
thank you

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The following is my speculation based on a great deal of information - I don't limit my sources, nor filter - just try and remove contradictions and derive meanings.

Genesis and the first 5 books refer to the genetic engineering of Adam and Eve. They were made in the image of the flesh and blood version of beings that came to earth to create a path for human beings.

What the path is I am not sure, possibly a genetic path, possibly a path of consciousness - regardless, they seem to know how long the process is going to take, and have recorded the consciousness of human beings and will appoint 3 humans to judge whether or not each human being who has existed has met their parameters.

Those selected as having passed will have further use, those who have not are probably just erased. In my opinion the best explanation is that this (reality) is a simulation, and they may have use for the pass subjects in a different simulation - so its probably consciousness that will be the determining factor.

BTW - I am agnostic - this is just my best interpretation of all the information I have regarding these things. I don't think there is much value from a historical perspective in the new testament, its very unreliable and fractured. The old testament has things that can be verified.

Its more than possible that Buddism is a better path - I do think these events happened, and I think that they will be returning. However, I am not at all 'spiritual' - thats a farce, the consciousness however does exist - and quantum mechanics seems to exclude the observer (consciousness) from physical reality. So the consciousness is possibly some other level of reality, unrelated to space and time.

As I said, I just look at information and try to make sense of it - I do this holistically. Modern science tends to be stuck in reductionist analysis, and it needs to start investigating the consciousness more - and to do so it will need to move to more qualitative techniques.

PS - I abhor all religion and tradition and empty ritual, thats purely superstition. The consciousness is real, just not part of physical reality and we should be trying to figure it out.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

According to Genesis 1:26-27, it states, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,’ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him….

The sentence answers itself.
GOd created Man in His OWN image.
The 'our' has to be God ... God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
One God ... Three Divine Persons (aspects) .... eternal .. without beginning or end.

A good explanation from a christian religion viewpoint but I do not totally buy it since I believe Trinity is an after fabrication and not the truth of what really is. But the difference in view does not matter much anyway and is only interesting in fractal understanding of what is.

I think the in our image is old knowledge before corruption and has to do with secrets of the true Oneness of god.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

7 "Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." Genesis 11:7

The "us" is used later in Genesis, too. It is an interesting question you raise, Dave.

I think it relates to the Hebrew Elohim. Elohim is a plural word. It relates to the Heavenly Host.

As for the imperfections of new born babies. I guess it is possible that we have damaged our own DNA through the generations.

People have done abominable things and sexually transmitted diseases didn't just appear for no reason if you get my meaning.

We have used lots of drugs for medicine and recreation as well as alcohol. We have exposed ourselves to many chemicals (even back in the days of making swords and separating metal from ore). We have impoverished each other so that mothers have had to under go pregnancy in a state of malnutrition. People have been forced to live in dirty conditions.

Obviously these diseases have increased in our time because of the pollution we put out from our behaviour and what we put into our bodies.

I personally think that through the generations we have damaged our own DNA and that has been passed on genetically.

May be there was a time when we were closer to the origins of our species and we were genetically more intact and our DNA was in optimum condition.

I am just musing away here.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling

edit on 6-9-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Revolution9 because: clarification.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

because its all complete bull# and there were no editors back then

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by honested3

Personally I feel that is why the Bible is so difficult for some, is they read the stuff that will not make sense, without first learning the simple truth. The Bible even says it will not make sense to those who do not know God. Its like going to math class without the equal sign, nothing will make sense. In fact I do believe there are open ended interpretations about the Bible, things what do not affect doctrine. Where there is no argument (or should be no argument) is in the true doctrine of Jesus sacrifice and our need for Him. I believe homosexuality is not a sin, I believe the Nephilim were real and that God did not kill innocent humans but half breeds. I believe that humans walked with dinosaurs at some point. The Bible has no true black and white answer about this, but only grey areas. Does it affect doctrine to believe one or the other? Not really. So that's how it should be viewed, we should all agree on the doctrine of Christ, and follow His teachings, the rest can be personal choice. We just have to understand that it should not contradict or oppose the doctrine Jesus laid out for us.

I strongly agree with honested3's point here. I can also see where you are coming from in your reply.

But some of you christian people out there don't make it very easy on the ones who are searching for information and a few answers. Seems as though we are being chastised because of our lack of knowledge and ignorance with a subject that I believe you should encourage others to take an interest in...

There was one point in my life when I just said, forget it. I was fed up with explanations I was getting concerning the Bible. No one could answer my questions, and sometimes, I couldn't even formulate the question I was trying to ask. When I read the Bible, my head was flooded with thoughts that essentially amounted to, "this doesn't make any freaking sense."

I had a very hard time, however, trying to eliminate this deep feeling that the Bible was the word of the true God. I tried to ignore that feeling completely. I tried to let go of God and my childhood acceptance of Christ as my savior. But that was not working. God refused to let go of me. So, one day, as I remember that day ever so vividly, I decided to vent to God all these feelings in prayer. I told him that his word confused me in a major way; that I wanted to love him, believe his word, and be loved by him, but something was blocking my way; that I needed to personally understand him; that I could no longer follow blindly a path simply because my parents told me to; that I was so very much at a breaking point. I begged him to make himself known to me, so that I could truly know him and believe his word.

God heard me.

And after he heard me, I started reading the Bible and it felt like I was reading it for the very first time. This is because God answered my prayer and the holy spirit was awakened inside of me. The Bible became very real to me and mankind's story on this earth, past and future, became clear. Israel had always been a source of confusion for me, but I finally understood what the Bible means when it says "Israel will be a light unto the Gentiles." Christ's sacrifice made sense to me for the first time. My love grew exponentially.

The reason I've told you this personal experience is to emphasize the fact that believing was entirely a God thing and had nothing to do with my ability to understand what people were preaching to me. In fact, I found that other people's interpretations and messages concerning what the Bible says did very little for me and my spiritual growth. All that was required was God and the holy spirit he provided for all who believe in Christ and his sacrifice.

You are free to seek truth far and wide. Do not allow others to tell you who God is or what is spiritually required of you.

I know you don't want Bible verses, but this best describes what happened to me:

"My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding—indeed, if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He holds success in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.
Then you will understand what is right and just
and fair—every good path.
For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
Discretion will protect you,
and understanding will guard you." - Prov. 2

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I don't have a clue about the we part but god made man in his image I believe is like someone said it's all metaphorical. I've read almost every religious book quite a bit and it's instruction for like attracts like and how to govern the mind, law of attraction.

The holy trinity, the third eye.
Karma: Do not judge thee otherwise what ye judge, shall the same be mete to him.
Back to the point. The brain allows you to see, hear, talk, sense. It heals you, it makes you do and think. Not so much the brain but what the brain is linked to ethereally. Does your mind/will not shape you, imagine if you unlocked your whole brain and levels of awareness.
God made man in his image. Thy kingdom come, thy shall be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Could you ever imagine that the imagination is heaven and that just because you perceive imaginations concept that way, the symbol can be changed, but what it symbolizes cannot.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

According to Genesis 1:26-27, it states, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,’ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him….

The sentence answers itself.
GOd created Man in His OWN image.
The 'our' has to be God ... God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
One God ... Three Divine Persons (aspects) .... eternal .. without beginning or end.

I may be wrong here, not being a scholar of the bible, but considering that this is verse 26 of the first chapter of the bible, does it actually mention God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit in the previous 25 verses? I haven't got a bible, so I can't look it up....

Just curious.....

LOL
You don't have a Bible???

OMG!

Are you playn? Pretty sure there is every translation and language available online.
Personally I like the New Revised Standard Version because it includes books left out of King James and it is not in Old English nobody speaks like that anymore...
Here you Go! oh and no more silly trolling excuses ok?

edit on 6-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

God did not Write the Bible , Men did . They Interpreted what They thought was the Word of God . Man , being falable , does not always get his Stories Straight...........

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I will use only the AV Bible to answer you.

Gen 1:26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

The following verses answer the our and us of Gen 1:26

John 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Col 1:12 ¶ Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The reason people are born without limbs or with cancer or other diseases is because sin has corrupted the gene pool of man and animals, and it has also corrupted the sky, the ground, the oceans the stars in the universe that is inside the firmament which hold in all the darkness so that it cannot pass into Gods abode on the other side of the firmament.

Gen 1:6 ¶ And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Gen 1:14 ¶ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

from Genesis 3 where Adam willfully sinned (Eve was deceived) there has been death and disease. Man begins to live shorter and shorter lives, fallen angels did corrupt some of the seed of men and world was full of violence by Gen 6

Gen 6:1 ¶ And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 ¶ And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 ¶ There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 ¶ And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8 ¶ But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Gen 6:11 ¶ The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

I hope that answers some questions for you.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

God did not Write the Bible , Men did . They Interpreted what They thought was the Word of God . Man , being falable , does not always get his Stories Straight...........

over 45 men wrote as they were moved by the Holy Ghost and that over a 1400 year period of time and all the facts and themes fit together in perfect harmony.

but Star Wars was written by men and in just over 20 years from the first set of movies they couldn't keep all the facts straight and keep the story straight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join