It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are The Others That God Refers To Concerning Our Creation? Just Curious......

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

We made Genesis..or the Sumerian texts up. It was just a superstition that we made up...that we invented..

It is a complete mathematical impossibility for all of the prophesies in the Bible to have just happened by chance.

IF the Bible was man made, WHY is it coming true?

The prophecies in the bible have been 100% accurate.

IF it were man made, why does it transform lives? (see post above)

IF it were man made, WHY would millions risk their very lives and be put to death for simply possessing it?

The laws of probability have PROVEN that the Bible is a construction of God and show that it is a complete impossibility that any man could have thought it up.

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathematically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time, and at the same time encourage mankind to obey Him.

Source

...there has never been a book that has been as viciously attacked as the Bible. The Bible has been banned, burned, mocked, ridiculed and defamed. Many have been put to death for simply possessing a Bible. But still the idea that the Bible is a fairy tale persists.

Another attestation to the Bible’s divine authorship is the vast number of detailed biblical prophecies that have come true exactly as foretold. We see the psalmist, for example, telling of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ nearly a thousand years before it occurred (Psalm 22), and hundreds of years before crucifixion was even invented! Simply put, it would be impossible for human beings to have seen so far into the future with such precision and accuracy hundreds of times. Indeed, it would be completely illogical to believe these proven prophecies are anything other than the work of God. Incidentally, and amazingly, probability experts tell us the mathematical odds of just forty-eight prophecies regarding one person (i.e. Christ) coming true as foretold are one in ten to the 157th power!

Is the Bible a fairy tale?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

edit on 7-9-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Well put, but allow for the possibility of Conspiracy. Wasn't the bible put together after Jesus's death? That leaves the possibility that the prophecies were put in place after the fact and then there is also the possibility that the life of Jesus was fabricated to coincide with these prophecies. Both are possibilities. I'm not so sure that the bible is what changes lives. I believe in God, but not in Christianity...Could be that God is transforming lives, using the bible...that also leaves the possibility that God is transforming lives through other texts and religions as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

...Jesus was fabricated to coincide with these prophecies...

The Illuminati worship Lucifer and have been working for a LONG time to manipulate the existence of Jesus as a mere myth.

That should be your biggest clue.

Nearly all historians, whether Christians or not, accept that Jesus existed.

There is more evidence for the existence of Jesus than any other person in all of ancient history.

This is a TON of information about the man we know as Jesus and all of it comes from witnesses who were HOSTILE to the truth claims of Christianity!

Is There Any Evidence for Jesus Outside the Bible?

"Here is a fact: There is far more evidence for the existence of Jesus than for virtually anyone in ancient history. Anyone who peddles that “Christ-myth” theory, does NOT do so on the ground of historical evidence. The fact of Jesus Christ in history is as axiomatic for an unbiased historian as is the fact of Julius Caesar. Get this straight. It is not historians who promote the “Christ-myth” notion. ...his alleged words and actions were documented by numerous people." LINK

History is a VERY effective form of mind control.

By believing it, not only are you being deceived...

But you are also going to have one HECK of a time sorting out the truth from the lies.

"The falsification of history has done more to impede human development than any one thing known to mankind" - Rousseau

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

Well put, but allow for the possibility of Conspiracy.

Oh, there is definitely a conspiracy.

And that rabbit hole is FAR deeper than you want to go...

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion. Source

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I always wondered about that as well and have always been told it refers to the trinity. That certainly doesn't satisfy my question. I guess it could be the royal "we".

I also have questioned many a minister/priest about the phrase in the Ten Commandments, "Thou shall have no other god before me, the Lord your God is a jealous God.", or something to that effect. So He is NOT saying that there are not other Gods, just that He is jealous. Which begs a couple of questions: why would an omnipotent being, the alleged creator of all, be jealous of other gods, which apparently He created, OR, did he not create them? It is a slippery slope once you start to question.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I got to do it people.

It's worth repeating.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It doesn't make sense because it was written by multiple people over a very long period of time while the Israelites went from polytheism to monotheism.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bluesman1955

It's not that only parts of the Bible are important, its that the whole of the Bible revolves around Jesus coming as a Messiah in the future (old testament prophecies) to then talking about what Jesus established (which is what many new testament books are about). What it means is that there is a simple truth the Bible and Jesus whole purpose on earth was for, and that is a need for a redemption, the plan for redemption, and how we are all redeemed, we just have to accept it.

Why there is not just a condensed version is because if there was no Bible, and simply some sentence quoting something from Jesus, it would have little standing to us today. That is why the Bible is in many ways a great many of layers of the same thing explaining more and more and in more detail the same truth. Which is why a child can understand it, as well as stand up to the scrutiny of a scholar.

My post was referring that the important part of the Bible is the truth of Jesus and His sacrifice, and that the other things, which yes are important, are not to be the center focus of the Bible. Even in the Bible they talk about those who were raised Jewish still following Jewish traditions who then became Christian, and the same Jews who became Christian also no longer held onto traditions. There is much talk about petty arguments which do not impact doctrine becoming so important among the fickle people that they lose sight of the truth of Jesus. That is what I am referring to.

Here is an example; Can you be gay and be a Christian? Many say yes, many say no, and over this argument some people can lose sight of Jesus and the truth He laid for us. Yet what did Jesus say about homosexuality again? Nothing, so there is no doctrinal contradiction here, and personally I believe saying you cannot be a Christian and be gay is wrong.

The Bible is best understood when your heart is aligned with the heart of God, and you will very much see many things in the Bible can be viewed in more than one way, so long as they do no have any doctrinal contradictions or take away or add to what Jesus laid out for us. Hope that makes sense.
edit on 9/7/13 by honested3 because: grammar, or some attempt lol

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I got to do it people.

It's worth repeating.

Amen brother! I don't like country music, but I love Johnny Cash. Maybe he is smiling every time this is played! We'll meet him one day I'm sure... thanks for the video!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

" LOOK UP ! YOUR REDEMPTION DRAWS NEAR ! "

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I look at the first written language not years later.. kuneia form.. IT'S GOD'S not GOD.. PRETTY SURE thats more correct than a book reworded and tooken from sumeria..and re worded

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I am not a religious person, but I have two questions regarding something I looked up today on the internet about man apparently being made in Gods own image…

According to Genesis 1:26-27, it states, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,’ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him….

Now who does the US and OUR, in the sentence refer to? If God was supposedly the creator of everything, on his own, who are the others in reference to the word US and OUR? I am a little confused as to why God would use the plural rather than the singular…

My second question relates again to God making man in his own image…

If God is the creator of all mankind, then why doesn't he give us all a fair chance from the start off? If his creation of everything, including mankind is perfect, then why are some people born with limbs missing, serious health conditions, and some children even dead before, during, and after birth?

Wouldn't it be fair to give all mankind an even start?

If you are going to give any response to this thread, please don’t bombard me with trillions of verses from the bible. Explaining in YOUR own words should be enough to answer two pretty simple questions I think….

Cheers

Good OP, easy to answer: No single entity is responsible for creation of any aspect of the universe. The ancient Hebrews kind of knew this, which is why they use the plural word, Elohim throughout their written history.

Assume for the sake of argument that major biological species are created by intelligent, conscious entities who do not happen to operate from body-like systems. Compare a Saguaro cactus to an orchid and ask, were they designed by the same being? Compare Komodo dragons with Koala bears and ask the same question. IMO anyone who would claim the same artist for such diverse works must figure that Picasso is the reincarnation of Rembrandt.

You'll find the overall concept that we live in a created universe far more palatable if you consider the possibility that the universe is engineered by a large number of conscious, intelligent, but limited beings who might not be fundamentally different from ourselves, except for better training, more practice, and the ability to operate without physiological bodies.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I disagree with your logic here. I am many things, a mother, a daughter, a photographer, a wife...etc...but I don't refer to myself in the plural sense. These are aspects of something as a whole so referring to it in the plural sense is illogical and redundant. I mean, I realize we're arguing semantics here but, I still think your logic is a bit misguided.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarsky

I also have questioned many a minister/priest about the phrase in the Ten Commandments, "Thou shall have no other god before me, the Lord your God is a jealous God."... So He is NOT saying that there are not other Gods, just that He is jealous. ... why would an omnipotent being, the alleged creator of all, be jealous of other gods, which apparently He created, OR, did he not create them? It is a slippery slope once you start to question.

I think the jealousy of God is not jealousy in the sense of someone who feels inferior or craves attention in order to define their self worth, but rather jealousy for the good of another. When God is spoken of as being jealous, it is more like a suitor who is pursuing someone surrounded only by others who care nothing for them. More than that, these others crave only to use and abuse that person, ultimately destroying them. The suitor, however, truly loves that person, more than life itself, and knows to be that persons only hope for love and life.

As for God creating the other gods, I believe that is the case. At least any that we are to be concerned with.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The 'God' in the scriptures in a BULL-God; known as moloch or Baal. Which is why they titled it "Bible" - which is Bi-Bull, which is "Two bulls". Bull = Bale = Bell (the thing churches ring to summon the spirits) = Baal.

There are two 'gods' the Bible. You need understand that 'God' in this sense, does not mean the COSMIC CREATOR. As those worshipped (war-ship, your body is a ship, your in a spiritual war) by blind follwers - were CREATED too. They didnt create themselves! Only the most high created the expansion universe and souls.

"Thou shalt not worship any other gods before me" - this means that there were other idols prior to the one that showed up in scriptures! Must be an idiot not to catch that one!

Who were the first sons? Cane and Able? A-bull. AB-EL. AB means father, EL is a dark god. Cane killed Ab-El, comitting the first murder, so he could become king (Cane = King). Killing your own species is Cannabal (Cane-abel).

Im not going to go through decipher the scriptures in this post; but there is enough here to realize there are two factions at the helm of being worshipped. TWO BULLS! Like he leading energy drink - Obviosuly SOMEONE is in the know! Notice they clash infront of the Sun, which represents the father.

Let me give it to you quick and simple; advanced beings who are very intelligent, spiritually equipped (in the dark perception) who are a militarized species - travelled from Orion - came to the next red-giant star - and started expanding their empire.

They found a humaniod species; caused great floods and catastrophy on the surface of Earth.. Took their own genetics (Genesis, get it?), crossed it with the native-earth inhabitants, thus creating the ARYAN/ORION race (the white race, which OBVIOUSLY is not native to earth) - demanded worship, and construction of magnificient temples and structures...

Thousands of years later, people with this knowledge, still worshipping the two bulls, write the scriptures.

The reason for the catastrophe? The ALIEN-MOON coming into Earths orbit, creating insane magnetic distubance - thus throwing the water around the surface of the earth. Ever wonder why they call it moon?

MOOOO said the bull. Ever wonder why its called money? MOON-E? E=energy - you slave or use all your energy for money.. Yep, the matrix you live in is that deep. Those in power, are only in power because they worship the false god, who demands worship, sacrifice, gold, and your first born.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
maybe God is Borg
.....think about it....we are the collective.....

just a thought

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I am not a religious person, but I have two questions regarding something I looked up today on the internet about man apparently being made in Gods own image…

According to Genesis 1:26-27, it states, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,’ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him….

Now who does the US and OUR, in the sentence refer to? If God was supposedly the creator of everything, on his own, who are the others in reference to the word US and OUR? I am a little confused as to why God would use the plural rather than the singular…

My second question relates again to God making man in his own image…

If God is the creator of all mankind, then why doesn't he give us all a fair chance from the start off? If his creation of everything, including mankind is perfect, then why are some people born with limbs missing, serious health conditions, and some children even dead before, during, and after birth?

Wouldn't it be fair to give all mankind an even start?

If you are going to give any response to this thread, please don’t bombard me with trillions of verses from the bible. Explaining in YOUR own words should be enough to answer two pretty simple questions I think….

Cheers

God is of 3 persons, Father, Son (Jesus), and Holy Spirit, our image, which could mean in the way we are able to create, love, etc, not necessarily physical form.

God did originally make mankind perfect genetically etc, and was meant to live forever as is, but because of the sin Adam and Eve did, they and all of creation fell into a fallen state as we know the world today. Creation is in a constant state of decay, and Satan influences this world. It will not be this way forever as God will make a new Earth and Heaven again perfect like before and without death, without suffering, without Satan and his minions as they will be gone forever, that is the final fulfillment of his plan.

This fallen state of creation is part of the reason some people are born with problems, it also may be as for us to learn as we are here in this short life. Remember eternity is where our true home is, this physical life is very temporary and of lesser importance.

This creation is not millions of years old, and it did not evolve, that is a flat out hoax, a brainwashing, do the research look up hard facts, it is impossible what they claim and they will say anything but admit to God as creator.

Just a note I'm not religious either, I consider myself a true Christian, religion and true Christianity are oppose to each other really.

Keep searching for the truth brother, you will find it.

edit on 8-9-2013 by Kaboose because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2013 by Kaboose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The Rabbit HOLE? really..

from someone who states the "bible is true because the bible says it is".. unreal..

SO WHAT if natural disasters happened. Doesn't mean the source/reason is Zeus or Saturn El, or EL ELYON..

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No, this is a Christian doctrinal interpretation. The trinity doctrine is not found in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Moishe (Moses) only turned in the 2 stone tablets. In All there were 3 tablets and a written scroll...

Also there is the 'Adam' (Adamu) and 'Lilith' who were made from the same dirt..." When Lilith wouldn't bow to 'Adam(u)' bear Him children Lilith beat feet.. So the 'Quorum' writes that "Adam(u)" made "Eve" out of His rib...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

The "god" in the bible is a different entity, not to mistake with the Father/Mother Divine Sorce of All That Is.
Translations of bible are manipulated too. The "god" is in fact "gods". Search "Enuma Elish".

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join