It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism takes less faith

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I am not telling you not to post, but your attitude is often very antagonistic.

On the contrary I would see it is rather obvious that many of us think his stance is protagonistic.

Sad part is, you guys aren't even the antagonists. An antogonist would effectively oppose the protagonist. Unforuntately you all seem to think that quoting scripture from your book -- a book that people cry about whenever it's subject to scrutiny so it can't possibly be considered "peer reviewed" -- will prove something to people who recognize it as a fallacious collection of historical fiction.

Simply because you have been fooled -- most likely by your parents as it would be in all religious sects -- into believing it is "the truth", does not mean that anyone who disagrees with you is effectively trying to be antagonistic. To say so shows a rather typical display of pre-decisive argument styles that would be self-abhorred in retrospect given an actual free mind and willingness to learn.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Science can't explain everything. it has limits. It can't tell us whether a god created the universe or eliminate that as a possibility. Therefore, to be strictly scientific, we have to say we don't know. We do not know.

If I said I knew whether it was chance or created by god then that'd be faith, unless I just happened to have the supporting evidence and could deliver it to the world (and set them free?).

Faith is central to people and you can find it in everyone. However, I do think people express faith in different things. A person can have a faith that we were created by chance and a person can have a faith we were created by an intelligent force.

Me? I do not know. I tend to entertain the idea we were created by chance, but honestly, it's a discouraging sort of way to think. So we're just an accident then? We're an experiment... No outside purpose, no exit point, no warm encouraging words... All these wars and deaths and pains and murders and all hell are just scenery. Not uplifting.

But what if instead of pure chance we discovered we were a form of entertainment for higher beings? Or what if we discovered we were prisoners existing inside a virtual playground with a limited amount of time before termination? There're all manner of possibilities for this universe and many of htem could be terrifying. Maybe we're the equivalent of a chicken in a slaughterhouse having a dream of a better place.

Asking what created god is a good question, though.

My opinion is that intelligence has always existed and is a fundamental force. It did not emerge. As a matter of fact, I think even a rock has a tiny portion of it. I've written a few posts about what I think and tried to explain it. Basically, there're base physics you need for intelligence and they're everywhere. Our universe is living. It might not be living in the way we think of living, but I think debating the finer points is misleading. I see intelligence as a kind of physics, not as a supernatural thing. It's everywhere, not confined.

I don't KNOW that, it's just an opinion. It's a kind of psuedo-theory I made in the garage and it wouldn't stand up to scrutiny. However, there're people doing real science, exploring the underlying things that define intelligence. I'm just betting that future definitiions of intelligence won't isolated it as much as we do.
edit on 11-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

jonnywhite

Me? I do not know. I tend to entertain the idea we were created by chance, but honestly, it's a discouraging sort of way to think. So we're just an accident then? We're an experiment... No outside purpose, no exit point, no warm encouraging words... All these wars and deaths and pains and murders and all hell are just scenery. Not uplifting.

The problem I have is that life in general is hard to get rid of when conditions exists to make it happen. Earth has tried to kill off life a number of times and it just comes back. When we look at life on earth today it basically has risen from very simple life around 300 to 400 million years ago after earth's last kill off, so basically life before that really doesn't matter much. In the last 400 million years life went from simple to huge dinosaurs, and this really show how life can evolve from something every small and simple into 10 ton beasts. Dinos ruled the earth and we had another kill off of species and these little rodent like mammals survived to become all the animals we see to day, another great example of how life will evolve under the right conditions.

With that said there must be 10s of billions of species that have come and gone before us even though life in general keeps going on. Even in the last 500 years we seen many species disappear off the face of the earth too. Saying all this why are humans the only species that is special, god made, has a path, has some afterlife...and so one...

I say we are no accident or experiment for that would suggest there is a higher power controlling it all, I suggest we are one of 10 billon species that have come and gone. A natural process in our universe...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

www.abovetopsecret.com...
That was the first thread i posted when i first joined this site to try to get my experience and missing information out there.

I Don't think fallen angels have fleets of saucers and a mothership outside the solar system.
What even is a fallen angel? I have read much about them but i doubt the term fallen angel has any signifigance to order in *heaven* as such.

I personally think its just a religious war, Between specific species of aliens fighting over domination over the planet.

We can assume who was here first, Of course both of them and any others coming would want to claim they have been here first. But it is the 2 specific species that have the most military might that are truely fighting over this planet.

Im gunna role with the species im familiar with. They have shown me what will happen to everyone through intergrating a sort of *play* in front of me and my friend. When i didn't understand what i was seeing it. I was having dreams fed to me about scenes in the future but i was never told a location or a time. I would just be presently there, watching it as it happens standing on a street or travel with people or something similar. Anyways, Relivant or not. I know that the Egyptian gods are real, And our Origins have been claimed to be made by them. Many names, Anu- is one anything relating to Cann
(Is- Isis- Canna IS bis Sirius Cannis major minor khan Osiris Orion Anu-bis Canine, kan,quan, Nine, Canada, Canine-ada
Ada - means nobelty - Canada means Noble Dog or dog noble lol

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

AnuTyr
I Don't think fallen angels have fleets of saucers and a mothership outside the solar system.

Of course not. That would be crazy!!

I personally think its just a religious war, Between specific species of aliens fighting over domination over the planet.

God this place is awesome sometimes..

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AnuTyr

I can only agree to disagree. I will never be able to prove or disprove your personal experiences.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

So you challenged the forum only to withdraw your challenge and plead no contest?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Come back when you've proven God Theory, okay? Then you can puff up your chest in righteous indignation.

Come back when you have proven the Theory of Evolution ok?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It's more proven than God Theory. I think that's good enough reason to stick with evolution. Scientific rule of thumb does not say, "Oh, this theory is flawed. Screw it, let's go completely irrational and see what we come up with."

edit on 12-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

So you challenged the forum only to withdraw your challenge and plead no contest?

First off I challenged no one on this thread merely stated my opinion on the matter and how I came to that opinion. Second, he is claiming to be abducted by aliens, and have idol Gods talk to him. That very well maybe happening to him, however, if it was it would be Satan at work in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

It's more proven than God Theory. I think that's good enough reason to stick with evolution. Scientific rule of thumb does not say, "Oh, this theory is flawed. Screw it, let's go completely irrational and see what we come up with."

More proven? Umm its either fact or theory boss. Evolution is still theory whether you like to accept that or not. I only threw that in your face because its dumb to dismiss one theory and accept another as fact.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

More proven? Umm its either fact or theory boss. Evolution is still theory whether you like to accept that or not. I only threw that in your face because its dumb to dismiss one theory and accept another as fact.

It's not dumb at all. What's dumb is to call one theory a crock because it has a few flaws, then use that as an excuse to cling to another theory that has even less fact to substantiate it. You want to go from a flawed theory to an utterly broken one. That's what's dumb.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

First off I challenged no one on this thread merely stated my opinion on the matter and how I came to that opinion. Second, he is claiming to be abducted by aliens, and have idol Gods talk to him. That very well maybe happening to him, however, if it was it would be Satan at work in my opinion.

...And you make fun of evolutionary theorists. The irony abounds.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What always gets me with these type of threads is, do you believe in Santa and the tooth fairy ? if not why not, you were only told these things by others or is it just because it wasn't written down in a book ? Why should anyone believe that the universe was created by god, especially when there are so many variations of said deity, which one is correct ?

So Santa and the tooth fairy non-existent made up characters and god is ? yet another made up character

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

FFS4000
What always gets me with these type of threads is, do you believe in Santa and the tooth fairy ? if not why not, you were only told these things by others or is it just because it wasn't written down in a book ? Why should anyone believe that the universe was created by god, especially when there are so many variations of said deity, which one is correct ?

So Santa and the tooth fairy non-existent made up characters and god is ? yet another made up character

Neither the Tooth Fairy or Santa offer vicarious redemption for things you may feel guilty for doing to other people. And you don't need to worry whether or not the people you've wronged have/will forgive you, because God X has forgiven you and that's all that matters.

And that's very appealing to certain people.....

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

It's not dumb at all. What's dumb is to call one theory a crock because it has a few flaws, then use that as an excuse to cling to another theory that has even less fact to substantiate it. You want to go from a flawed theory to an utterly broken one. That's what's dumb.

I don't agree with you. You are stating your opinion as if its fact. I believe there is more evidence for a Creator than not. Some of that is personal some of that has to do with prophecy and some of that has to do with logic. Semiotic Dimensions of DNA is one of the best logical evidences that at least life itself had intelligent design. What else? Well the fact that their was something outside the creation of this universe and that something created a universe with us in it, even though its highly unlikely....more logical evidence for creative design.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I don't know, therfore god, is not logic.

I can't explain semiotics in DNA, so it has to be designed, is not evidence.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Well, you don't have to believe in God. I have enough personal experience and the issues presented multiple times showing intelligent design to be comfortable in believing in God. Do you think it's right to say, "We don't know, but aliens is a logical explanation like Dawkins did?

Evolutionists never back down it seems from their "it all happened by chance" when there is so much evidence and mathematical issues to say, "no way it's chance".

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join